How Does Ross Get Clothing?

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest WitchGoddess

The Department Store
I always wondered how Ross got its clothing. Why would the major brands give them their merchandise and let them sell it for a cheaper price. Also, I have noticed that the products they sell at Ross seem different than the ones they sell at the actual stores. Like a bought a fossil wallet today and when I got home I found a small hole in the front and the plating was scratched. This never happened to the products that I actually buy from Fossil stores.

Anyone else experience this?

Guest chairya

DUDE I WONDER TOO! they have $100-worth GUESS bags selling there for only $30!!!

if anyone finds out, tell me!

Guest ehytee7

is ross like marshalls??? marshalls do sell signatured bags for like $20-30

probably they are overruns, like those that have like small defects, or the ones that weren't able to pass the standards of the company in terms of quality. so in order to get rid of them, they sell it to other people for much cheaper price. hehe..idk..just my two cents..

Guest WitchGoddess

^ thats what I was thinking too.

Or maybe they are the returned items from the stores?

I don't see another reason they would let Ross mark their stuff 50-75% off.

Guest -Pandaa-

is ross like marshalls??? marshalls do sell signatured bags for like $20-30

probably they are overruns, like those that have like small defects, or the ones that weren't able to pass the standards of the company in terms of quality. so in order to get rid of them, they sell it to other people for much cheaper price. hehe..idk..just my two cents..

that's what i thought!

But i just wasnt suree :)

I think when companies have items with small defects in them or items that are refurbished, they sell it to stores like Ross and Marshalls and such.

And/or they get their stuff from wholesale companies.

Guest ovaltinejenkins

haha when i was young i thought the managers just went to the stores and bought a whole bunch of the same clothing :P

DUDE! i saw a dooney and bourke purse there O____O

Guest loveletters4U

one time I bought a pair of keds and birkenstocks there, also some bedsheets, hehe. Nothing was wrong with them, so I guess I got lucky. That place was so hard to shop in though, but I sure did get a deal there

Guest easilyboredguh

They mostly sell stuff from older seasons too. Stores need to make space for their new stuff so they sell their old stuff to Ross and Marshalls and TJ Maxx for cheaper.

Guest dolce.vita

TJ MAXX, Ross, and Marshall's are supposed to have last season merch..

and maybe also the damaged stuff..

But I saw a Free People top there for $30, and it was online @ UO's site for $80..lol

Guest __In Lust`

^ yeh thats what it is.. everything ross getss is from the original retailer.. but they're defects... like theres someting wrong.. like a couple of stitching's missing.. or some mistakes...

Guest mellybean

well, sometimes the tags will say something like "irregular." but...even while looking closely, i didn't see anything irregular about the stuff. as with any shopping place, you have to check your items before you actually buy it. and although you may see past seasons' stuff there, you also find current season things there...for example, one time i went to express and they were selling a pair of jeans for $48. i went to a ross right after, and the exact style was $12...i have also seen michael kors, marc jacobs, buffalo, etc at ross. you just have to be lucky and patient! i think it's just like what that other poster said...stores have overruns/irregular stuff and they make room for new merchandise by selling to ross. but, it does make you wonder, if ross can sell something that, to the human eye, seems perfect for such a low cost...

...how much is stuff actually worth?

Guest chickery

Department stores don't sell 100% of the clothing they carry in stock.

When there are annual sales, the dept store are just trying to get rid of what they didn't sell... then sales go on clearance.

The clearance items are all gathered up after a certain amount of time. Since they're so old and out of season/won't sell in the dept store, they're sold to Marshalls, TJMaxx, Ross, Filenes at a bundle price. That way these discount stores get new stock and they at least get some money off stuff that would have taken up needed space in their warehouses.

Ross is too cluttered.. seriously. I think there are more defects in their stuff than in Marshalls. Ross = cheaper, but Marshalls has so nicer stuff.. maybe a little bit more money, but still cheap ish..

I think Ross just gets clothing that are out of season (from dept stores) and resell it..

Guest mizcaramel

I think it is the clearance stuff or just left overs that they need to sell out n sold it to Ross for cheaper price so they can sell it to us for a cheaper price too.

WHAT IS ROSS? If it's anything like TJ MAXX or Marshalls, I'll pass. I can hardly ever find anything good. I seriously have to dig around and search incessantly among the scattered/messy racks for something I like. Even though it's designer clothes for less, I usually don't ever find anything that catches my eye.

Archived