[drama 2008] I Love You/saranghae 사랑해

ay_link

[sBS] Ahn Jae Wook, Seo Ji Hye, HwanHee (FTTS)
I love you/Saranghae 사랑해

Broadcast date: April 7 '2008 (after "The King & I")

TV Station: SBS

Official website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/iloveu/

2008021915520899301a0ebdq8.jpg

CAST:

AHN Jae Wook | SEO Ji Hye| HwanHee | PARK Hye Young | GONG Hyung Jin | Jo Mi Ryung

03ebd640e14eecbdb5.jpg

20071210100036754a41111ld2.jpg

20071218152916789a41545nu8.jpg

(left-to-right: Gong Hyung Jin, Jo Mi Ryung, Seo Ji Hye, Ahn Jae Wook, Park Hye Young, HwanHee)

casting011343947fyy9.jpg

BRIEF STORY:

Ahn Jae Wook and Seo Ji hye will be playing a pair of newly wedded couple/husband and wife with the age differences of 14 years.

HwanHee (Fany - FTTS) has been added to the supporting cast as well. This drama will be Seo Ji Hye and Hwanhee's 2nd drama collaboration after the 2006 MBC drama "Over The Rainbow".

HwanHee will lay off the "hard" image and will play a "broken" character through acting for 'I Love You'.

His character, Park Byung Ho who was thoughtless and threw away his child for a better income and life to escape the abuse who later regrets this and learns to love.

Broadcasting station: <in progress>

Production: JS Entertainment

Episodes: 16

[story based on comic adaptation by Huh Young-man (Tazza/War of Flower, Gourmet)]

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v17127703.html

4921323.jpg5406035.jpg

NEWS ARCHIVES:

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.htm...p;sec_id=540101

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v17135665.html

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?ut...19/76s77120.htm

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200706181506191001

200709220945221110_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...709220945221110

The 16 episodes drama " I love you " [사랑해] adapted from a manhwa (comic), will be starting filming on 27th September.

Ahn Jae Wook and Seo Ji Hye, the main leads for the 16-eps mini drama "I love you" shall be starting the filming on 27 September after the Chuseok holidays. This is a drama that tells the story of a couple who had a baby just because of a one night stand. It will protray the modern generation view on love and marriage as well as the responsibility upon reaching parenthood. In the drama , Ahn Jae Wook shall play the role of a 34 year old comic author.

In an interview on 21 Sept, Seo Ji Hye commented, "Young Hee got pregrant suddenly and delivered the baby, and is still uncertain whether her feelings towards the father [played by Ahn Jae Wook] is real love, hence there were a lot of dilemma. But she felt the sense of satisfaction and responsility for the first time bringing up the child."

HwanHee from Fly to the Sky will be also in the cast.

This drama, "I love you" is scheduled to be broadcasted in the first half of the year 2008

PD is Lee Chang Han of 1997 hit MBC drama "Star in My Heart" (aka "Wish Upon a Star") which turned Ahn Jae Wook into a superstar. =)

"I Love You" is based on popular manga of cartoonist Huh Young-man (Tazza/War of Flower, Gourmet).

source: JoongAng Daily

Cartoonist’s comic books inspire more movies

October 24, 2006

htm_2006102518314890009100-001.JPG

▶ Huh Young-man and characters from “War of Flower” (from left) Goni (Cho Seung-woo), Mrs. Jeong (Kim Hye-soo), Pyeonggyeongjang (Bak Yoon-sik), Go Gwangryeol (Yu Hae-jin) and Agui (Kim Yun-suk). By Kim Seong-ryong

Huh Young-man’s cartoon characters, which are created after thorough research on real life figures, seem to be alive. He depicts the dreams and desires of modern people realistically. The dialogue is sharp-witted and show a deep insight into life, which is why Korea’s film industry and investors have noticed his work. Some of Huh’s comics have already been dramatized and turned into films (“Beat”), TV dramas (“Mr. Q”) and animated TV series (“Fly Superboard”), and his work is once again drawing attention. The latest film based on his work, “War of Flower,” has already attracted 5 million viewers. Another of Huh’s comic books, “Sikgaek,” which is about the art of cuisine, is being filmed now and its premiere is scheduled for next year.

Mr. Huh seems excited about the success of “War of Flower.” The first volume of the comic on which the film is based, “Jirisan Jakdu,” was recently released in a bound four-book set.

Mr. Huh said he did not interfere in the making of the film. “Just because I am the original author, I do not demand things. If someone has a reputation of being difficult, their life becomes hard. They are professional filmmakers, I am not. I heard that it was going to be directed by [Choi Dong-hoon] of ‘The Big Swindle,’ and I said ‘okay.’”

He explained how he came up with the plot about gambling. “A publisher suggested to me that I draw a comic about a retired gambler. In the beginning, I didn’t think it was interesting. I visited [the gambler] in Mount Jiri, but he wasn’t very cooperative. Then he showed me his tricks with hwatu cards. [Hwatu is a Korean card game.] He makes a hwatu card disappear suddenly without even touching it. Then I met more hwatu gamblers, but they told me only half of their stories. From that point, we had to create our own stories.”

This is where writer Kim Se-young, 53, came in. The two met when Mr. Kim wrote the storyline for Mr. Huh’s first comic book, “Poetry of Chameleon,” in 1986. Since then, they have worked together on a number of comics. Mr. Kim first writes the dialogue and then Mr. Huh draws the cartoons.

“It is fun to illustrate scenes of rivalry. But as I got older, I came to dislike exaggeration and artificiality. I wanted to portray the life of ordinary people instead. That’s why I started drawing ‘Sikgaek,’” Mr. Huh said.

He credits his focus on ordinary people as the reason his comics sell so well. “In my comics, there is no superman but only the people next door.”

“That’s why detailed description is important. For example, I agonized over whether a character would use a spoon or chopsticks when I was drawing a dining scene. Depending on which implement he uses, the type of food is determined and the story goes in a different direction.”

Mr. Huh always bases his sketches on real people and things. He takes the utmost care when he draws faces to illustrate various types of people. For that reason, he keeps a large pile of “mug shot” photographs, mostly clipped from newspapers and magazines, in his basement. They will no doubt come in useful for the next comic book he is planning. “I am interested in faces, he said. I came to develop an interest in physiognomy, such as whether people’s lives change when they have cosmetic surgery or whether people with humble origins can change their lives through plastic surgery.”

by Jung Hyung-mo

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2832573

ENGLISH SUBTITLES - this drama is currently being subbed by WITH S2

saranghaesubprojbanvt4.jpg

D-addicts Subtitles Thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60208.htm

Viet Subtitles Thread: click here for high quality Viet subs by IUPHIMHAN

WORK-IN-PROGRESS CHARACTER CHART

image29bc34c2nd1.jpg

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooo, I remember this drama when Lee Dong Wook was rumoured to be the husband. Even if it doesn't turn out to be him, I'm still glad to see it's Ahn Jae Wook, yay!! One more drama to look out for.

Thanks aylink for the thread!!

Guest loving_D

oh oh! this was the drama lee dong wook was supposedly offered the lead role to. hwanhee and seo ji hye again?

Guest hyuksu

Seo Jihye and Hwanhee in another drama together?

Aww, and he still doesn't get the girl. T_T

I like Ahn Jaewook. Isn't he dating Eva? Haha

Guest rainme4ever

hi, thanks for starting this thread.

The links are all in Korean.....I cant understand a word except for Hwan Hee's name......

can anyone translate please? Thanks

I cant wait to see Hwan hee in this and all the future dramas....:)

Guest bwitched

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I'm speechless. A second collaboration of SJH n Hwanee???..it's rare to act twice with the same actor but it happens to them. In any way, I'm glad AJW is in the production too..He's a talented actor..

I just hope they gets some good actors to fill the rest of the cast..

Guest puppyiz

Heavens ay-link - sis !! * WAVE - WAVE *

So glad I saw this coming !! AhnJaeWook ... Hwanhee & SeoJiHye. WOWZERS ..what a treat !

This story should be good... look forward to more updates !

Guest renfu_4lways

omo omo hwanhee and Seo Ji hye AGAIN!! yay!!!! they knew i cant get enough of them during OVER THE RAINBOW... hehehe...

Guest bwitched

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask thsi personal question, but did Hwanee did a nose job?? he looks so different from in OTR

OMG OMG...HWANHEE & SEO JI HYE again....? i love their chemistry in OTR...and i was sad because he was ended alone...

Oh no...so i have to see him once again ended up with nobody...? i can't stand it...but because i want to see him again in a new drama...i think i still waiting for this drama....

is too wastful for me to hope and root for SJH-HW pairing (even tho knowing that AJW is the lead)??!! :tears:

i love AJW with all my heart -- but he looks like an ajusshi to SJH. or maybe because i am still holding onto unfulfilling dream since OTR. maybe we have SHJ falls for HW this time?? :::wishing hoping dreaming::: ^_^

Archived