Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Replies

• KuriaKuria Mental Hospital Escapee Chasing after the person who stole my cookies T_TPosts: 215Member
    I've only been wearing circle lenses for 2+ years. In a day I can wear them for up to 8 or 9 hours. I go to have check up for my eyes from time to time and my eye doctor said my eyes are completely fine and my vision hasn't weakened at all.

The video did have a point on where you purchase the lenses though as some may be fake and could do some damage to your eyes, just have to be safe I guess =)

• HypoAllergenicJinHypoAllergenicJin Posts: 11Member
    --Lj wrote on 06 July 2010 - 09:07 AM:

I am having such an issue with this facebook seller:
    http://www.facebook....100429620007327
    I only decided to buy from her because I saw her link on this thread but
    I confirmed my order and sent my money (and she confirmed getting my money) on JUNE 4.
    She said she would ship out in a few days.
    It's already been a month so on July 1st I asked her about the status of my order
    and on July 2nd she said it hadn't shipped out yet ~__~ so I asked her to cancel the same day,
    and today (July 6th) she tells me she packaged and shipped it!
    I understand that the lenses are coming from Canada and they might take a while
    but that's not really an excuse for shipping them out a month after I ordered them,
    especially after I asked to cancel.
    And I feel like if I hadn't asked her about my order on July 1st, she would have never
    sent me the lenses at all!
    Has anyone else had problems with this buyer?

My humble suggestion to you would be to file a claim via PayPal if that's how you paid.
    Her lack of communication is abhorring.

It would take approximately 7-14 days to ship from the US/Canada region to CHINA.
    Either she's stalling for time, or she may have robbed you blind. >.>;
  • LittlofoottLittlofoott Posts: 1,302Member
    just saw the video. i still love my lens though ahhh!!!
    .soompi shop.
    NYC MEETUPS & USA FREE SHIPPING
    EXPENSIVE NYC ISH 4 CHEAP

CLICK IMAGE TO SHOP

• --Lj--Lj Posts: 390Member
    edited July 2010
    HypoAllergenicJin wrote on 06 July 2010 - 06:10 PM:

My humble suggestion to you would be to file a claim via PayPal if that's how you paid.
    Her lack of communication is abhorring.

It would take approximately 7-14 days to ship from the US/Canada region to CHINA.
    Either she's stalling for time, or she may have robbed you blind. >.>;

Thank you for the suggestion.
    After messaging her again, she has replied that she was busy with school and exams and everything...
    Which is FINE, but for the entire month?
    And when was she planning on sending them out!? Two years from now?
    She said she does not accept cancellations and that is why she sent them out.
    I had read her terms and conditions when I had initially ordered
    but I apparently I have forgotten about that cancellation policy since it was awhile ago
    and I didn't expect to have problems with this seller.
    Grrrrr.
    Sorry about this rant. I am just upset with this ~__~
    And wanted to caution other potential buyers.

Also, I agree with most people about the NY Times article, Lady GaGa thing, etc.
  • PonyPuffsPonyPuffs Georgia , USAPosts: 47Member
    edited July 2010
    Michelle Phan made circle lenses known.
    Her eyes ARE the first thing you see on the Yahoo! homepage. Haha.
    I find it cool that they're getting some fame.

EDIT.
    I said that wrong. Haha. Ulzzangs and Asian celebrities.
    My apologies.
    Tacti
    --Lj wrote on 06 July 2010 - 10:29 AM:

Thank you for the suggestion.
    After messaging her again, she has replied that she was busy with school and exams and everything...
    Which is FINE, but for the entire month?
    And when was she planning on sending them out!? Two years from now?
    She said she does not accept cancellations and that is why she sent them out.
    I had read her terms and conditions when I had initially ordered
    but I apparently I have forgotten about that cancellation policy since it was awhile ago
    and I didn't expect to have problems with this seller.
    Grrrrr.

If she doesn't accept cancellations, that's fine. But if she can't even follow some simple rules in establishing business (such as having adequate communication), then her policies are ridiculous. As a person running a business (which she is) she needs to know that its a two way street.

You can't expect customers not to cancel if you fail to even dish out a fifteen second email.
    PonyPuffs wrote on 06 July 2010 - 10:31 AM:

Michelle Phan made circle lenses known.
    Her eyes ARE the first thing you see on the Yahoo! homepage. Haha.
    I find it cool that they're getting some fame.

I surely hope that Michelle Phan knows this.
  • IloveminwooandbrianIloveminwooandbrian Yunho FairyTale Land ^_^Posts: 688Member
    :vicx: I saw on the NEWS circle lens are dangerous ....
    hrm.... has anyone had any problems with them yet?
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
    Iloveminwooandbrian wrote on 06 July 2010 - 10:50 AM:

:vicx: I saw on the NEWS circle lens are dangerous ....
    hrm.... has anyone had any problems with them yet?

Nope. I've been wearing them for four months now.
  • kkang.jikkang.ji Posts: 32Member
    edited July 2010
    I've been wearing circle lens since seventh grade. I'm an upcoming sophomore and according to my optometrist; my eyes are pretty healthy. Circle lens are only dangerous for your eyes if you lack care for them.
    kkang.ji wrote on 06 July 2010 - 11:27 AM:

I've been wearing circle lens since seventh grade. I'm an upcoming sophomore and according to my optometrist; my eyes are pretty healthy. Circle lens are only dangerous for your eyes if you lack care for them.

OR if you purchase fakies.
  • brn2shop10494brn2shop10494 Posts: 448Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    LOL what are they talking about
    i can buy circle lenses anywhere in my town

even though the price is about twice what it should be
    they're right by the counter o__o

btw i dont wear them, just saying
  • hiddensanctumhiddensanctum HiddenSanctumPosts: 58Member
    I think they are worried about the increasing number of people who are using them without knowing how to properly care for them. Improper and prolong use of contact lens of any kind can lead to serious eye problems as well as blindness [Source] Just be careful guys, its better to get a prescription.
  • kissme.heroinekissme.heroine Posts: 7Member
    omg, lady gaga did not inspire that look..BS! and the first lady they showed..is like the exact opposite effect of circle lens. her eyes were huge but her iris was tiny.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/fashion/04lenses.html?_r=1

I like this article a lot better because its a lot less biased and one sided as the GMA argument was.
    MinShinee
  • pinkccpinkcc Posts: 19Member
    Oh okay, so the lenses are safe with proper care right? ^_^
    Thank you for the replies everyone.

US FDA... tsk tsk.
  • green.teaxgreen.teax Canada/ChinaPosts: 1,124Member
    edited July 2010
    I haven't visited this thread in a long time...
    But I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, we're not allowed to post links or sell lenses on soompi, but there are ads popping up in various areas of the site(they contain the links written clearly). [Like the (sponsored?) yesasia ads]
    Not sure if this is meant to happen...but just saying. O_O

Youtube Covers/411/Tumblr/ Formspring
    Av credit: someone @ SFI (please PM if you know who it is. I can't remember)
  • julanrougejulanrouge san franciscoPosts: 460Friend of Soompi
    edited July 2010
    hey all

as you guys know, the topic of circle lenses have been getting a lot of press recently. some of it interesting, some of it not so accurate. we want to make sure soompi stays a place for people to find good and quality information on circle lenses. we have been asked to do an interview for katie couric's CBS Evening News to talk about the origins of circle lenses, who wears them and why. should i say Lady Gaga inspired us all??!?! i'm kidding, lol! but just wanted to let you know, i will be letting them know how long they have been popular on our site, why we like wearing them and what we all do to use them safely. any tips would be appreciated:)

also, we are going to try to put together a circle lens photo gallery here on soompi using the main site's photo storage. here is what members have already posted. i don't know if you guys already know, but you can use the main site to post photos and then use the embed links we provide to post em here in the forums. so, feel free to start posting your circle lens photos on the main site and tag em "circle lenses" to get them in the gallery. if you want, you can also tag them with the brand and color name too. i'll try to show some of the photos in there in the interview tomorrow, so maybe your pic will be on the news!

how to post photos on the main site:
    - click on "Post" in the navigation
    - then click on the "image" button
    - you can post up to 10 images at a time
    - don't forget to tag them all "circle lenses" and feel free to add brand and color tags so when we improve the search, we can make it easier for you to find what you want.
  • JailbaitQueenJailbaitQueen South DakotaPosts: 211Member
    I wrote a rebuttal to media claims:
    Here

any comments?
    lovesbride
  • peppermintsugarpeppermintsugar Posts: 5,693Friend of Soompi
    green.teax wrote on 06 July 2010 - 05:11 PM:

I haven't visited this thread in a long time...
    But I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, we're not allowed to post links or sell lenses on soompi, but there are ads popping up in various areas of the site(they contain the links written clearly). [Like the (sponsored?) yesasia ads]
    Not sure if this is meant to happen...but just saying. O_O

Rules changed a few months back. We are allowed to post links and discuss sellers.
    4kjKV.gif memoirs.twitter.tumblr. 2Vdge.gif
    ~1.11.09♡