Watermelon Hwa Chae

Guest mini.mango

Guest mini.mango

a delicious summer desert.
My first time posting in the food section. ;]

well..since spring and summer is right around the corner, i decided to share with you guys a recipe for a delicious summer desert!! Made with watermelon..its the perfect way to enjoy the summer when its hot outside. Many of you may know this..but for those who dont..its a perfect chance to try something new and easy!!

First of all..i'm not even sure if its a desert..but i guess you could call it one?

and second...its really simple and easy to make, so anyone can do it. :D

*ingredients may vary for everyone. it depends on what fruits you like. ;]

also, the way you make it might differ too, because people might have learned it differently. but this would be the basic way.

ingredients:

-watermelon (whole would be best) and the sweeter it is, the better!!

-sprite, ginger ale, etc. (DON'T use beverages like coke and pepsi. it'll turn out bad. :crazy: )

-sugar (optional)

-fruits: strawberries, grapes, apples, etc. anything you want to put in the watermelon.

-cubed ice

instructions:

1. cut the watermelon in half. you may wish to store the other half away if there arent alot of people eating it. or you could use the whole thing if there are alot of people. ;]

2. use a spoon (preferably big & easy to use) to scrape(?) the watermelon so you end up with little pieces of watermelons. at this point, if you wish, you can put the pieces of watermelon into another bowl.

3. when you have scraped all the watermelon (and are using the watermelon itself as a bowl), you can begin to add your other favorite fruits. :D preferably chop/slice them into smaller pieces such as strawberries and apples. if there is too much watermelon juice, you may use the spoon to take some out.

4. once you have added all your favorite fruits, add some sprite or ginger ale into the mix. be sure not to pour TOO much making it overflow. but other than that, you may pour as much sprite to fulfill your taste buds. :D

5. at this point, you can add sugar if you would like to make the mix sweeter.

6. last but not least, add ice cubes so it'll make the whole thing cold and refreshing!!

*if you are sharing it with other people, you may wish to place the HwaChae in bowls...distributing the amount equally. ;]

its a very delicious and refreshing desert so i hope you guys will get to try it out one day. :D

perfect way to cool off in the summer and enjoy something delicious with your friends at the same time!! :lol:

if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post away.

수박 화채 :w00t:

1146440416.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sooshi

Mmm I haven't had that in a while. My mom used to make this for me all the time when I was a kid.

Watermelon + ice cold Sprite = soooo good and refreshing. :w00t:

Guest Mz.Mo0.NiQu3

^i AGREE!!!

it looks so PERFECT as a summer dessert ^0^

not to mention how pretty the presentation is o_o;

Guest evolution_

sounds good. :D

but i dont like ginger. oh well.

it looks REALLY pretty tho. :D

lol. It's not ginger she put down in the recipe, she put GINGER ALE. XD

It looks yummy. I'll have to try this one day. :D

ah this is quite a refreshing snack to have during the summer, especially at all those family picnic gatherings. Whenever my family made it, we would use 7-up and Orange Tang instead of Sprite and sugar.

It's a different taste but good.

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

from reading the recipe it seems like it would be a refreshing treat. i think ill consider making this for a company barbeque thats in the near future.

Guest Queenie<3

thanks for the recipe it looks very refreshing! Im going to try it but I think it would be cuter if you used one of those melon baller things to scoop the melon out. Im going to try it that way =]

Guest jollyrancher

:w00t:

1146440416.jpg

when i saw this picture summer memories hit me~ :D

I think all you need is lots of watermelon, lots of ice,

and a few cups of sprite (I think sprites the BEST soda

to use it in, it doesn't have too much flavor and lets

the watermelon-taste have more of an effect)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WATERMELON HWACHAE.

B)

Guest Shortyyy126

wow it looks refreshing. ;D let's hope my parents let me use a whole half a watermelon for my lil experiment. haha. thanks for sharing! =)

Archived