2 - remember, 2000

2.5 - new song & special, 2001

3 - Bogoshipda, 2002

4 - The 4th Episode, 2004

5 - Remember Kim Bum Soo & So Long, 2006

--

youtube clips:

---

im pretty sure there wasnt an offcial thread for him and i was utterly shocked. cause kimbumsoo in my opinion is one of the greatest singer in korea. his voice is unexplainable. i think one of his most famous songs is bogoshipda, that toally set the mood for stairway to heaven. loved it.

Wait... are you kidding me?!?

THERE WASN'T A THREAD FOR KIM BUM SOO?!

Craziness. Just goes to show you the overwhelming dominion of the boyband. Ahahaha. ;]

Seriously, his voice is amazing. I love it.

Great tone, with a little bit of country in it. It's great.

Guest theLEGEND

YES! Finally.. there's a thread for him. I've been waiting for someone to open a thread for him. Thanks for opening one :)

I love him so much. He's one of my favorite singers. His voice is amazing and his songs are all <33

^^ By the by, Kim Bum Soo's been in the army since last April... in fact, just recently, he was promoted to honorary ambassador of the military.

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...18152044430.htm

김범수 - 후회가싫다 - http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1841186

김범수 - 하루 - http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1703307

I'll add some more in a bit.

I think there was a thread--but before the crash.

there's another CD, too-- it's 3.5, and called kimbumsoo;friends'. It came out in 2003. I was thinking of scanning some of the pics from it, since I have the feeling some people have never seen the album.

link to Yesasia--but it's out of print.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/aid-...pid-1002856724/

Guest hannahlove

I, also, was SO shocked to see that there wasn't anything on him on here.

He was SO popular in 05 right?

hahah thats when I first heard of him and I didn't even like Korean music.

I LOVE his voice... one of the best in Korea

Kim Bum Soo is my fav. solo artist. His albums get the most playtime on my iPod. The guy has some great, great songs.

Here are some Youtube clips of Kim Bum Soo:

Kim Jong Kook, Kim Bum Soo, Park Hyo Shin Perf

Kim Bum Soo - 하루 MV

Kim Bum Soo - Memory MV

Kim Bum Soo - 보고싶다 (I Miss You) MV; Stairway to Heaven

Kim Bum Soo & Park Hyo Shin - I Miss You (보고싶다) & 해줄 수 없는 일 Live Perf

Guest adikkeluangman

Thanks to open this thread. He is the reason why I'm into Kpop. I'm so obsessed with his voice. I like have hundreds of his clips starting from his debut in TV until end of 2005 or something. Mind you that, Kim Bum Soo only made public appearances after his third album.

MythnoonA; The 3.5 Album is the one with Kim Bum Soo with red flowers rite. :D

-----

Some not too recent news:

Jan 30, 2007

Singer Kim Bum Soo to Promote Military

By Jane Han

Staff Reporter

ensor200701301816450sin-1.jpg

Kim Bum-soo

Singer Kim Bum-soo has gone from ``entertainment soldier’’ to honorary ambassador of the military.

The pop singer, who has been serving in the Korean Army since last year, was named yesterday to the promotional seat at the Office of Military Manpower Administration in Seoul.

``As a celebrity soldier, Kim has been actively carrying out his role as a soldier,’’ said Minister Kang Kwang-suk of the Ministry of Manpower Administration. ``Because of Kim’s sacrifices, many young soldiers are seeing the brighter side of the Army.’’

Three hundred guests attended the ceremony held at the Seoul regional manpower administration office.

``I hope that Kim will promote an honest physical examination process to enlist in the military, along with a fair conscription term of 24 months for all fully abled men,’’ added Kang.

Kim shared his experience as a private since he entered the Army last April and answered questions from other soldiers during the question and answer session.

The 27-year-old, who sang many hit songs, including Bogoshipda (I Miss You), will travel to various regional manpower administration offices to promote the positive aspects of serving in the military.

Source: Korea Times

Credit: kpopkingdom.com

Guest superstar`kiss

Man...this guy ROCKS!

His voice is SO awesome!

I think he is truly SO gifted! As you can see, all i've just said ended with exclamation marks and i REALLY mean it!

haha! :lol: I think his voice is one i could listen to all day/week/weeks/months/years...! lol

-KBS FIGHITNG!!

Guest p00hpal

I think Kim Bum Soo is under-rated. He has a good voice, but I always wonder why he's not as popular. At least to me he's not as visible because I have yet to come across much news about him.

Did he made any appearances in variety show?

I discovered him through the Stairways to Heaven theme song Bogoshipda. He sang the song with so much passion. Since then, my sister and I purchased 3 of his albums.

I think Kim Bum Soo is under-rated. He has a good voice, but I always wonder why he's not as popular. At least to me he's not as visible because I have yet to come across much news about him.

Did he made any appearances in variety show?

I discovered him through the Stairways to Heaven theme song Bogoshipda. He sang the song with so much passion. Since then, my sister and I purchased 3 of his albums.

Here is an article about him that answers most of your questions.

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19073811690.htm

Guest adikkeluangman

He went to the army on 1st April 2006. I'm was crying when my friend give me his pictures before he enter the camp. Long gone his spectacles and his stylish hair. :tears:

Kim Bum Soo seldom appeared in variety show. For his 5th jib, I think he not make any perf at all. Coz the album released just before he going to army. As per article above, he made public debut during his first concert of 3rd jib album. He don't do visible promoting for 1st and 2nd jib. Then during 3rd album time, he made appearance like go to radio interview but even if had BoRa he don't show his face.

For TV shows, he only appeared on shows like Yoon Do Hyun or special event or something. Not on weekly music chart show. And he used to performs in clubs. His live performance always superb.

The last performance that I knew was during 11 Dec 05 in Japan joint concert with Korean and Japanase singer. It have full vid but no one made Kim Bum Soo cut.

Things that made me loves him beside his voice is his shortness. On perf with KJG and Park Hyo Shin he in the middle. Well, his trademark are his stylish hair and his glasses. I can talk like days of him.... :)