Korean Music Forum Rules

edward1849

Updated February 3, 2007
1. All the global forum rules apply to this section as well.

This means NO PROFANITY, NO RACIST OR OTHERWISE HATEFUL MESSAGES, NO SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL, NO SPAMMING, NO DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS, AND OBEY THE SIGNATURE and 20 CHARACTER LIMIT RULES.

2. Do not bash other members, a specific singer or group.

Do not make any derogatory comments against other members, a specific singer or a group - doing so will result in a warning.

3. Do NOT post or request for files. This includes but not limited to MP3 and music video. As long as the file is downloadable, it is not allowed. For clubbox files, please use resources forum instead. Youtube links are okay to post.

Do not post any file sharing links or ask people to upload a song for you. Doing so will result in closing of that topic and a warning to the topic starter. Repeated offenders will result in suspension and closure of respective official threads.

4. If you're going to make an official singer topic, NOTIFY US AT THE PINNED THREADS!

This is so we can keep a clean track of what's up in the forums and what is not. Please post a reply with the name of the singer and a link to your official thread once you post it. Remember, if your official thread has been posted already, then yours will be closed. A singer is entitled to have his/her official thread provided they have released an album or a single.

5. Do not quote any pictures.

Pictures take up a lot of time to load. If you are quoting the pictures again, it doubles the time to load the page. Please be considerate. Instead, remove the %7Boption%7D tags around the link. First time offenders will be given a verbal warning, repeated offenders will be given a warning and a suspension.

6. Specific rules apply to DBSG, 1TYM, SM Town, and YG Family threads. Refer to page 1 of these threads.

In the past, these threads have either failed to comply with our general rules, or having duplications on a lot of posts. We feel that it is necessary to implement additional rules to govern these threads. Members who post in these threads should be aware of the additional rules at all times.

7. Do not bypass the swear filter.

Our system have swear filter in place, there is no need to use *, ! or other symbols in place of a letter. Failure to comply this rule will result in a warning.

8. Stay on topic!

Spamming and convoing is not allowed. If you have a message direct towards a particular member, use PM instead. Also, do not post unrelated pictures. Pictures posted in official threads must have the singer(s) in it.

9. Translate or provide romanizations for foreign-language related material.

Please remember that Soompi is an English-language forum with an international audience. Provide translations or romanizations if possible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the filesharing, can a user PM me for links? Like, in the first post of a topic, can I say that I'm willing to upload songs of that singer for users only if they PM me?

About the filesharing, can a user PM me for links? Like, in the first post of a topic, can I say that I'm willing to upload songs of that singer for users only if they PM me?

We don't suggest you to do that either. It's not in the rules because it is difficult to control. Because on PMs the link is still shared within the bounds of this forum. A user should not actively uploading or requesting for songs anyway.

I suggest a better way to do this is to send the file to the user thru e-mail or other means rather than PM. This will be outside of soompi.

Guest the7REAL.

I've read them all! I've been trying to remind people also of the rules, especially in the BB thread because we get so many new people...^^;;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest mleung87

I was just wondering where the official OST thread went? It was such a great thread and I can't seem to find it anymore :) Please let me know, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what if you quote pics from a thread and then take the html code and paste in a different thread. does that still violate rules??

like i quoted pictures of sukira in the Super Junior thread but since they had a Battle member in it i reposted it in the Battle forum.

what if you quote pics from a thread and then take the html code and paste in a different thread. does that still violate rules??

like i quoted pictures of sukira in the Super Junior thread but since they had a Battle member in it i reposted it in the Battle forum.

Technically, that is not considered a violation of rules. But I suggest you removing the %7Boption%7D tags anyway to avoid any confusions to newbies in which they may think that quoting pics are allowed.

• 4 weeks later...

But you will be hotlinking the user who originally posted those pictures :mellow:

Archived