Birth Name:Shim Min-Ah

Born:December 10, 1972

Genre:Kpop

Years Active:2002 - Present

Minastasia album in Chinese

August 7th, 2007

Mina's New Album Receives 150,000 Preorders in China

070807_ent_2.jpg

The popularity of sexy singer Mina is soaring in China.

Her fourth album (in Chinese) to be released by a major Chinese record agency later this month has already received 150,000 advance orders. The Chinese record firm and her management is stunned, as the number would be high even for top notch Chinese singers.

Mina already sold 250,000 albums for her hit song 'Pick up the phone.' At the news of the staggering number of preorders, she reported excitedly exclaimed, "What if it sells a million copies?"

Mina will promote her fourth album in Korea while also touring China, Thailand and the Philippines.

Source: KBS Global

Credit: kpopkingdom.com

"Minastasia" comeback performance

img244508725sx6.jpg

img244508719ku5.jpg

img24450870os5.jpg

She did her comeback in Korea and China. I believe you can tell which costume she used for korea and which for China.

"Look" Music Video

10132mina01.jpg

10132mina.jpg

Mina has finished recording her music video "look." I wonder what language she is doing for it or is she going to do a different music video for Korean and Chinese on account of those being her ideal audience. This looks SO PROMISING! I'm getting so hyped for this new album!

Credit: Crienglish.com

Mina to Release New Album in Korea and China

Singer Mina will release her new album entitled "Minastasia" on July 9 concurrently in Korea and China.

The album features two jacket photo versions to target the different fan bases of each respective country. The jacket photo produced for China shows a sexy image of Mina in accordance with her Chinese fans' wishes, while the one for Korea shows the singer in a powerful hip-hop atmosphere.

For the Chinese cover, Mina's agency said an additional photo shoot took place in Seoul following the original photo shoot that was held in downtown Los Angeles.

Mina, who won the Best Overseas Dance Singer award in China last year, has completed the recording of her new album's title song "Look" with Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese and Thai lyrics to target the entire Asian market. She has also recorded the song, "Want to Get Drunk," in Korean and Chinese.

Mina plans to perform in Korea and China for the time being, with later plans to expand her activities to Thailand and the Philippines.

Credit: KBS Global

Mina's History

Shim Mina (심미나, born on December 10, 1972), simply known as Mina, is a Korean singer who was first a back-dancer for various Korean Pop Artists (Park Jin-Young, and Park Ji-Yoon to name a few). She initially found instant fame as the "World Cup Girl", as photographers noticed her beauty and immediately became the center of attention world-wide over-night. Pictures of her with the "Be The Reds!" bandanna around her chest and the Korean flag used as a skirt were beamed around the world, and she received her 15 minutes of fame. Desiring to elongate that fame, she quickly signed a record deal with J-Entercom Entertainment (WAX, JADU, Kim Gun-Mo, Lee Ssang, Double K, JiNi) and released her first album, Rendezvous, in the fall of 2002. Although going for the sexy image that was popular at the time (with the single 전화받어 (Answer The Phone) (a cover of a K.I.S.S. song), few people took notice of her toned body and her powerful dance moves. She quickly faded into obscurity but returned in the summer of 2004 with her second album Re:turn 2 Mina. This album proved to be a bit more popular, as her single 돌아 caught the attention of the Korean public; it was also supported with live performances. Mina's vocals also sounded better due to more than a few features by JiNi, who sang all the back-vocals and harmonies and the main vocals for three hooks in Mina's second Album. Mina then left her first record company, J-Entercom Entertainment, and signed with EMI Korea for her third album. Her third album Kiss Kiss came in the fall of 2005 with an even sexier image. Mina trained in Europe in order to belly dance and made her music video for her title track there as well. Features singer Yuri(Solo Singer from the States, not Yuri from FinKL or from Cool), again, for majority of the hooks and harmony through-out the album. The cover of the Turkish song, though, failed badly, with the album selling less than 10 000 copies. She has since released an English single for the European market, even going as far as making a MySpace page for the single. However, she has remained in Korea and promoted her poorly-received last single Fly High during the 2006 FIFA World Cup, a tribute to the competition that started her career. At the time, she also released a nude photo album to "inspire" the Korean athletes

Credit: Answer.com

Discography:

Singles:

minaflyhighsf8.jpg

Fly High (2006)

1.Fly High

2.Fly High (Remix)

3.Work It

4.Korea Ariba

5.Korea Ariba (Tv Track)

6.Korea Ariba (Instrumental)

minabellydancercdbasesmfk8.jpg

Belly Dancer(2005)

1.Snakebyte Radio Mix

2.Snakebyte Remix

3.Mr. Bond Remix

4.Belly Dancer (Feat. Barbr. T)

5.100Hz Remix

6.Ynos Remix

7.Original Radio Mix

8.Drop N Gimme 20 Bi***!!

Albums:

minakisskissvu3.jpg

Kiss Kiss (2005)

1.Concept

2.Kiss Kiss

3.Waba (와바)

4.Fall In (My Sunshine)

5.Kill Mr.Bond

6.Istanbul

7.Red

8.Sweet Love

9.Oh Oh

10.Too Hot

11.Fake Love (거짓사랑)

12.Destino (운명)

13.Kiss Kiss (Hip Hop ver.)

minareturnje1.jpg

Re:Turn to Mina (2004)

1.Intro

2.짱

3.돌아 (Funky Mix)

4.때로는

5.비밀

6.유혹

7.후회

8.미운오리

9.Tequila

10.돌아 (Club Mix)

11.Outro

minarendezvousud9.jpg

Rendezvous (2002)

1.Intro

2.일났어

3.전화받어

4.꿈*은 이루어진다

5.월화수목금토일

6.Middletro

7.버터플라이

8.누가봐

9.배 멋대로 하겠어

10.문제야

11.우연

12.전화받아 (Old School Mix)

Why I Like Her:

I think Mina is one unique amazing singer just like U;Nee. Although many might have problems with Mina because of her image, her music, I think both make her UNIQUE and amazing. She is the first asian singer I've ever seen that learned to bellydance and is really good at it. I think her voice is beautiful and she can sing. Her dancing is unique and it stands out. Her costumes are always so SEXY and different esspecially her bellydancing costumes. Her english is VERY good compared to others. Her song *Work It* is in complete english and I understand it without looking at the lyrics. Her beauty is out of this world and I think it's about time she gets recognized, I don't want what happened to U;Nee to happen to Mina, so before anything happens I think it's best for a official thread to be made to HONOR Mina.

Mina Links:

Official (English) Website

Korean Cyworld

Kiss Kiss ~ performance (Live)

Mina.jpg

minaprofum6.jpg

minablackedoutvm4.jpg

minadroppenciltt8.jpg

minateachinglt6.jpg

minaairportqk1.jpg

minaconfusedx2zv7.jpg

minastarvinglx3.jpg

minacaresny7.jpg

minasexcr7.jpg

minamaxueandcaptainpartwy3.jpg

minandancersinchinarn5.jpg

minaeveningwear1qq0.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 보석미남

Did you know in one of her songs (or maybe others too), she used Jini's vocals in some parts instead of her own without crediting? So do you still think she can sing? =/

Vocals issue aside, I think she's pretty hot for her age. :)

Guest UNee4Life

Did you know in one of her songs (or maybe others too), she used Jini's vocals in some parts instead of her own without crediting? So do you still think she can sing? =/

Of course I do. A lot of singers use other people's vocals, I didn't know she didn't credit though, but I knew in some parts they weren't ehr voice lol. I think she can sing, she sang live plenty of times and her voice sounds BEAUTIFUL and like it does on her albums. Just because she uses other peoples vocals in some parts doesn't mean they can't sing. U;Nee used other people's vocals but I believe she can sing too.

Guest Chakra'ca

I really like Mina, she's got really good style and music. I liked that she didn't start out cute and then try the sexy image cuz that usually fails or is kinda awkward. with her it was like *BOOM Sexyness*, if that makes any sense lol

I didn't know she was in her 30's, that makes her even more impressive

Guest UNee4Life

I really like Mina, she's got really good style and music. I liked that she didn't start out cute and then try the sexy image cuz that usually fails or is kinda awkward. with her it was like *BOOM Sexyness*, if that makes any sense lol

I didn't know she was in her 30's, that makes her even more impressive

Yeah that makes perfect sense. She went from album one *SEXY* to now *SEXIER* I don't think she would have looked right with the *CUte* image lol. Yeah her music is amazing esspecially *Kiss Kiss* album, her songs are WAY addicing and amazing, she gets better and better, but it seems people start hating her more and more. Yeah she's in her 30's isn't that AMAZING! and her body is more fit than 18, 20 yr old female singers! SHES AMAZING! almost as amazing as U;Nee!

Haha, my parents are obsessed with the song "Return".

I don't blame them, Mina's songs (All Of Them) are addicting!

Guest Chakra'ca

Yeah that makes perfect sense. She went from album one *SEXY* to now *SEXIER* I don't think she would have looked right with the *CUte* image lol. Yeah her music is amazing esspecially *Kiss Kiss* album, her songs are WAY addicing and amazing, she gets better and better, but it seems people start hating her more and more. Yeah she's in her 30's isn't that AMAZING! and her body is more fit than 18, 20 yr old female singers! SHES AMAZING! almost as amazing as U;Nee!

I don't blame them, Mina's songs (All Of Them) are addicting!

I don't get why people would hate her more and more because it's not like she went through this huge change. With her it's like what you see is what you get, and she looks really sexy so her songs and performances are gonna have a really sexy image. Anti's confuse me sometimes...

Yeah she's definetly got the best body in k-pop, girls now are getting too skinny. I love how she stays toned and muscular. It's way more attractive than seein all those bones

I agree, ALMOST as amazing as U;Nee :tears: I gotta say I was a bigger fan of U;nee than Mina but I will always be a fan of both

Guest UNee4Life

I don't get why people would hate her more and more because it's not like she went through this huge change. With her it's like what you see is what you get, and she looks really sexy so her songs and performances are gonna have a really sexy image. Anti's confuse me sometimes...

Yeah she's definetly got the best body in k-pop, girls now are getting too skinny. I love how she stays toned and muscular. It's way more attractive than seein all those bones

I agree, ALMOST as amazing as U;Nee :tears: I gotta say I was a bigger fan of U;nee than Mina but I will always be a fan of both

WOAH! A fellow Mina/U;Nee fan YAY!

yeah Mina likes to eat, good for her, and you can tell she works out hard to get the body she has.

I kno, Anti's are VERY CONFUSING! you can be sexy, but you can't at the sametime. They like some singers to be sexy, but they don't liek otehr sexy singers, I don't get it

Guest xiaochu

Ooh, I didnt know she had a single last year.

I think she sings good.

And she's really sexy. Her body is one of the best I've seen in celebrities. ^^

Guest Chakra'ca

WOAH! I fellow Mina/U;Nee fan YAY!

yeah Mina likes to eat, good for her, and you can tell she works out hard to get the body she has.

I kno, Anti's are VERY CONFUSING! you can be sexy, but you can't at the sametime. They like some singers to be sexy, but they don't liek otehr sexy singers, I don't get it

Yeah i know, it's like Hyori and sometimes Chae Yeon are the only singers that can be sexy. When Hyori puts on skimpy clothes and does these sexy dances everyone idolizes her and it becomes a syndrome but when other singers do the same they're either copying or they're sluts who are promoting prostitution

Guest UNee4Life

Yeah i know, it's like Hyori and sometimes Chae Yeon are the only singers that can be sexy. When Hyori puts on skimpy clothes and does these sexy dances everyone idolizes her and it becomes a syndrome but when other singers do the same they're either copying or they're sluts who are promoting prostitution

HAHAHA LMAO "Promoting prostitution," I AGREE with you! I don't see the difference but some people swear up in down there is one. Maybe Mina and others wear a little less clothing than other artists, Mina work hard for her body, I don't blame HER! I'd wear a shirt consisting of just one strand of fabric if I had a body like that! :P People are always going to hate anyways and/or not give them a chance until they DIE and then magically get fans. Like this thread has barely any posts, probably the exact amount if there was a U;Nee thread before she died....it's really sad :tears:

Guest Chakra'ca

HAHAHA LMAO "Promoting prostitution," I AGREE with you! I don't see the difference but some people swear up in down there is one. Maybe Mina and others wear a little less clothing than other artists, Mina work hard for her body, I don't blame HER! I'd wear a shirt consisting of just one strand of fabric if I had a body like that! :P People are always going to hate anyways and/or not give them a chance until they DIE and then magically get fans. Like this thread has barely any posts, probably the exact amount if there was a U;Nee thread before she died....it's really sad :tears:

Well with Mina's style, she has to wear less clothes. It's not like bellydancers are always covered up, they're called bellydancers for a reason, they gotta show of them abs! I totally agree, if U;nee hadn't comitted suicide nobody would've posted, half those people who post barely know who she is, they're just doing it cuz them feel bad. Honestly, I think it's better to not post at all if you really don't care. I hate when people act like fans of an artist just when something big happens. It's nice that they're saying something but I mean they shouldn't act like it killed them to hear the news when they dont REALLY care. What do you wanna bet we're probably gonna be the only people who actually continue to post in this thread??

..she's very pretty, and her songs are cool..but i wouldn't call what she's doing bellydancing...lol its more like booty popping with shimmy shingles..and a few hair tosses here and there.

don't get me wrong...she can dance.

but i wouldn't call her a ''bellydancing queen''...i've seen better...looks too much like she's counting..and not dancing..ya' know?

that being said..that song ''phone call'' IS VERY ADDICTING! lol specially the ''heey oh heeey oh OOH!'' lol

:)

Guest KuYA II

I think Mina is very talented as well ^^. I remember her singing with this filipina singer and they both sound really good. I've seen her performance in this one filipino channel forgot what station it was, but dang Mina can really dance =).

Mina is gorgeous and has a hott body. I like her as well...just hope she release a new single or album soon ^^

Guest hyukiemylove

i'll admit.

shim mina is really beautiful.

i really really like some of her songs.

and i do agree with you.

her sexy image makes her stand out with other female kpop singers.

but i think it can get to the point where its TOO sexy.

i mean she released a nude photo album to like motivate korean athletes.

Guest UNee4Life

Well with Mina's style, she has to wear less clothes. It's not like bellydancers are always covered up, they're called bellydancers for a reason, they gotta show of them abs! I totally agree, if U;nee hadn't comitted suicide nobody would've posted, half those people who post barely know who she is, they're just doing it cuz them feel bad. Honestly, I think it's better to not post at all if you really don't care. I hate when people act like fans of an artist just when something big happens. It's nice that they're saying something but I mean they shouldn't act like it killed them to hear the news when they dont REALLY care. What do you wanna bet we're probably gonna be the only people who actually continue to post in this thread??

I kNO, ur absolute right! and yeah I'm surprised that other people are actually posting too lol. I really want Mina to be more famous, I think she is underrated.

Hmm does anyone see a resemblance between Shim Mina and Flora Chan? Flora Chan is a HK actress...I'm just saying face wise....

And wow she is really revealing...she has a nice tan lol.

I kno she has one of the best asian tans I've seen. Sometimes it makes her face looks really old, but she is BEAUTIFUL and her skin is BEAUTIFUL!

..she's very pretty, and her songs are cool..but i wouldn't call what she's doing bellydancing...lol its more like booty popping with shimmy shingles..and a few hair tosses here and there.

don't get me wrong...she can dance.

but i wouldn't call her a ''bellydancing queen''...i've seen better...looks too much like she's counting..and not dancing..ya' know?

:)

um...it's called bellydancing. You obviously didn't see any link I posted in the first post. SHe moves her hips, her stomach, her chest, in as many ways as she wants. Beyonce, she does booty popping, Mina and Beyonce dancing COMPLETELY different dancing.

I think Mina is very talented as well ^^. I remember her singing with this filipina singer and they both sound really good. I've seen her performance in this one filipino channel forgot what station it was, but dang Mina can really dance =).

Mina is gorgeous and has a hott body. I like her as well...just hope she release a new single or album soon ^^

WOAH U DO?!?!?! I wanted to see that, everyone was talking about it! MAN, was she singing in Tagalog or English, or just Korean? WOW! doesn't she have an amazing voice and it kinda sounds like she has a lisp. I can't believe Mina went to my home country YAY! just like U;NEE! I hope she releases something soon too!

i'll admit.

shim mina is really beautiful.

i really really like some of her songs.

and i do agree with you.

her sexy image makes her stand out with other female kpop singers.

but i think it can get to the point where its TOO sexy.

i mean she released a nude photo album to like motivate korean athletes.

yeah hahah she did, you can't blame her for motivating the korean soccer team the only way she can, could you? She put out a single and photoalbum just for Korea's soccer team! good for her, what an inspiration! she has a nice body anyways, she should flaunt it. i would post some of the pictures, she covering her chest and everything, but it might still be a lil' much :blink:

Guest Chakra'ca

it kinda sounds like she has a lisp. I can't believe Mina went to my home country YAY! just like U;NEE! I hope she releases something soon too!

yeah hahah she did, you can't blame her for motivating the korean soccer team the only way she can, could you? She put out a single and photoalbum just for Korea's soccer team! good for her, what an inspiration! she has a nice body anyways, she should flaunt it. i would post some of the pictures, she covering her chest and everything, but it might still be a lil' much :blink:

Yay I was wrong, other people posted!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. When I first heard her sing, I thought there was somethin a little different sounding and then it hit me, it DOES sound like she has a lisp, but even with that she's still really good but I just thought it was funny at the time. And hey I can't speak Korean so I'm no one to judge.

People do those kind of photos all the time for promotion. I remember a few celebs from the states did photos like that for our troops in Iraq. I don't think it's a big deal, it's not like you really saw anything that you would normally have to blur on tv or in magazines. Once they start just showin off everything than maybe I'll think twice about it.

Guest dangdut_asik

I like Mina! before I knew she was a singer... I saw tons of pics of her during the world cup days hehehe :P and I thought she was pretty then.. and she's definitely HOT now.. especially for her age.. I wish I had her body. I love her performance during the dance battle.. btw.. what song did she sing in this clip?

I love it!!!

Archived