How To Make Gif's

Guest pharmer

Guest pharmer

Hello,

Anyone know a simple/free way to make GIF's (<<am i saying that right?--- the pictures w/ a couple of motion sequences)

Also how to post/host them? Like for pictures you can you photobucket. How would you host these?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Guest CurthniL

There are animation programs available that allow you to save animations as GIFs, such as Macromedia Flash MX, however there are usually simpler and cheaper (possibly free) alternatives to Flash Mx.

As for hosting them and posting them, they are techinically picture files so you would host them like ordinary pictures.

I hope that helped :)

Guest spymanut

Hello,

Anyone know a simple/free way to make GIF's (<<am i saying that right?--- the pictures w/ a couple of motion sequences)

Also how to post/host them? Like for pictures you can you photobucket. How would you host these?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

The GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) is a free alternative that can create animated GIFs :w00t:.

Guest pharmer

Thanks guys!! I think i'll go thru each program one by one. I currently have Super convertor so i'll start w/ that. but question so your supposed to make a series of screen caps and then use the converter to string it together?!!

Thanks for all your help guys. i'll pm you guys my finished effort one day!!

try super converter :) it instantly convert mpeg files to gif

? omg what can't that thing do :lol:

check out the photoshop thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1777772

and for hosting.. photobucket works. I wouldn't use it because gifs take a lot of bandwidth. I usually upload on imageshack now because they limit the bandwidth per image.

you can also use HADURI.

www.haduri.com, it is in korean but you just have to know the right buttons to push.

you can also host gif files on photobucket also. (as long as the file isn't too big because photobucket likes to re-size them).

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

OoOh, is it available on download.com?

im not sure just search for it in google :)

before converting your mpeg file to gif using super make sure you split your video into 10 seconds (maximum) if you don't want your pc to hang :P

• 7 years later...
Guest shinhbang

Quickest way I know is rendering a quick clip from a movie program. Then opening it in photoshop by importing it into video frames to layers. I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum and Photoshop CS6.

TESTING: 
Jackson2_zps33770a40.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...