Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest Marikoo

Posted in Joon's Family by Lynn

The New Paper, 9 June 2008

By Chang May Choon

(changmc@sph.com.sg)

The Man with the golden touch[New Paper]

Singaporean fan Tiffany Oh has tried the food at both Gorilla In The Kitchen and Tea Loft, and also visited Park BOF in Seoul and Jeju.

Good morning to all my beasisters our there!!

Welcome back to sis liezle! I'd like to hear more about the reunion with the handsome Korean (not BYJ of course).

Thank you yon for posting this article.

The writer seems to know even the smallest details about YJ's businesses.

He/she has done his/her homework well.

Is the Tiffany Oh mentioned in the article the Tifanny we know, the chairwoman of JF Singapore?

Guest Marikoo

Here's another interesting article posted by rosiebaba on JF Singapore site.

Source: English news Chosun.com

Fans of 'Yonsama' Flock to Japanese Temple

Thanks to Korean wave star Bae Yong-joon, affectionately known as Yonsama in Japan, Koma Jinja in the Japanese city of Hidaka in Saitama Prefecture, where members of the royal family of an ancient Korean kingdom of Koguryo are enshrined, is booming with tourists.

The Goma Jinji temple in Saita Prefecture, Japan, where members of the Koguryo royal family are enshrined.

200806090013_01.jpg

According to Sunday’s Asahi Shinbum, the Koma Jinja has seen an endless flow of women aged between 30 and 70 since September last year, when Korean TV soap opera "Taewangsasingi (The Four Guardian Gods of the King)”, which stars Bae, began to air in Korea. After being aired on the NHK satellite channel in December last year, “Taewangsasingi”, which deals

with the life of King Kwanggaeto the Great, known as the “Great Expander” of ancient Korean history, has been enjoying popularity in Japan, where it is now being shown once a week on regular NHK.

Korean Wave star Bae Yong-joon advertises Korean soap ‘Taewangsasingi’ on terrestrial NHK, in the Kyosera Dome in Osaka.

200806090013_02.jpg

Fumiyasu Koma, the Guji or abbot of the temple, said he was surprised when he received enquiries about the Koguryeo kings in Korean. As women began to pour into the temple in December, a bakery near the temple started selling four kinds of sponge cake named after the soap opera. A soy bean sauce maker in Hidaka is now selling a salad dressing themed on “Taewangsasingi”, the daily reported. Koma Jinja is dedicated to Komanozako, who is believed to be a member of Koguryo royal family who fled to Japan after the kingdom collapsed. It was originally popular with politicians because praying in the temple was believed to bring success in life.

otoshidama01.jpg

96371172_2.JPG

Btw, Nikkan Sports reported that YJ did CF shooting yesterday. (info from yuri's blog).

I'm wondering if he's a guy who's bringing sunshine along with him.

The only days that we really had good weather this week in Japan

are the days that he had big activities, June 1st, June 4th and June 7th. :)

Good morning to all my beasisters our there!!

Welcome back to sis liezle! I'd like to hear more about the reunion with the handsome Korean (not BYJ of course).

Thank you yon for posting this article.

The writer seems to know even the smallest details about YJ's businesses.

He/she has done his/her homework well.

Is the Tiffany Oh mentioned in the article the Tifanny we know, the chairwoman of JF Singapore?

yes..she is the tiffany you gals know... :sweatingbullets: but JF do not have chairwoman......JF only have committee members....but she is always the spokesperson for JF.... :blush:

Good MOrning Baesisters!

Thanks you sis Marikoo..frances and to the rest who shared their pictures! I haven't posted in a while because I can barely take my eyes off at those images and VODS! Waaaa! I can only take so much! Be still my beating heart!!

:blush: :blush:

Guest Marikoo

yes..she is the tiffany you gals know... :sweatingbullets: but JF do not have chairwoman......JF only have committee members....but she is always the spokesperson for JF.... :blush:

he..he..I stand corrected..She is the spokesperson indeed. :sweatingbullets:

Here's the latest picture of YJ from Yomuiri Weekly posted by azuna on byjgallery.

Thank you so much for sharing lovely pics of our KING..

Hi macrina! So nice to see you here today!

yomuiriweekly1jx2.jpg

yomuiriweekly2si5.jpg

Guest Marikoo

Good MOrning Baesisters!

Thanks you sis Marikoo..frances and to the rest who shared their pictures! I haven't posted in a while because I can barely take my eyes off at those images and VODS! Waaaa! I can only take so much! Be still my beating heart!!

:blush: :blush:

ha..ha.. this set might not do any good either.

This time from Aera magazine. I guess we'll have more of these new photos

from various Japanese magazines for this week.

Many thanks again to byjgallery and hyejun (how are you doing?)

I only hope my posts will not tire you.

aera01lq2.jpg

aera02xl1.jpg

Azuna made a bigger version of the pics above. Thank you so much azuna.

aera3qo1.jpg

aera4mc2.jpg

aera5va6.jpg

I'll be working (this time seriously :sweatingbullets: ) in the afternoon.

Have a great week ahead sisters!

This time from Aera magazine. I guess we'll have more of these new photos

from various Japanese magazines for this week.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5885/aera01lq2.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2280/aera02xl1.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/268/aera3qo1.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3052/aera4mc2.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3926/aera5va6.jpg

Waaaaa! THese won't help me sis!! LOL!

Guest alcy1985

Hi Marikoo, how can you say that. Our hearts will never tire from beating for BYJ. Really, really thanks for all the posts. People like you make our day . . . Look at the first pix. He looks so ordinary yet so exquisite. He's just so mesmerising.

Guest Marikoo

Hi Marikoo, how can you say that. Our hearts will never tire from beating for BYJ. Really, really thanks for all the posts. People like you make our day . . . Look at the first pix. He looks so ordinary yet so exquisite. He's just so mesmerising.

Thanks for the encouragement alcy1985.

Just a very quick one. Have to go back to work.

My staff might see what I've been doing. :sweatingbullets:

Joanne translated this article on BYJ's Quilt.

Thanks again Joanne!

Dainggamjjikyi posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

BYJ, delivered message on electronic board to over 60,000 Japanese audience

[Yonhap News]

(BYJ's) agency, BOF, told on 8 that BYJ attended a charity soccer game held in Yokohama on 7.

BYJ attended a charity soccer game '+1 Football Match' , that was held on 7 in Yokohama, Japan, and delivered a message to 64,000 audiences via eletronic board.

In a video that was taped before the game, BYJ told, "I am truly honored to be able to be with this deeply meaningful occasion today, and this occasion seems to be further more shining due to interests and passion from all people who are here," and "I think that more people will sympathize with intent of this event and be with it from now on also. Small interest and individual behavior of each and every person becomes a cornersone for all of us to become happy."

Nakata Hidetoshi, having transformed from Japan's soccer hero to environmental activist, prepared the event on that day, where there unfolded charity game between Japan's all stars-World's all stars. All the profit is planned to be used in purchasing mosquito nets enabling protection of children in Africa and Southeast Asia, etc. from febrile illnesses.

That day's game, where Korean stars, Hong Myeongbo, (Korean) National Olympic Soccer Team conach, and Lee Ho (Zenit), who plays in Russian professional soccer stage, etc., in addition to Bae Yongjoon, was live broadcasted in across entire Japan.

BOF told, "Nakata presented BYJ, who accepted his invitation, a wooden soccer ball with his autograph in return."

BYJ, visiting Japan in commemoration of the broadcasting of drama 'TWSSG' on NHK, will finish all the official schedule and plan to come home soon.

Copyright © Yonhap News

Guest Marikoo

From Innolife.

Can you see Jumuchi more clearly now?

This is the first time that I see clear photo of Jumuchi at the stadium.

innolife1rr7.jpg

HRH here he comes!!

innolife2vm9.jpg

Another one from byjgallery.

This is much closer.

stadiumwa3.jpg

Guest alcy1985

I especially like this line in the New Paper article.

What's amazing about Yong Joon's approach is that he manages to sustain high media exposure without compromising his low profile.

That's real starpower. No need for hard sell :)

Guest Marikoo

I especially like this line in the New Paper article.

What's amazing about Yong Joon's approach is that he manages to sustain high media exposure without compromising his low profile.

That's real starpower. No need for hard sell :)

Starpower indeed!

Before I go, let me repost this clip posted on byjgallery by piko courtesy of anette.

You will see YJ's message which Joanne translated above.

The clip taken at the stadium is longer this time.

Soccer charity match-Rajikaru NTV

Guest adikkeluangman

Bae Yong-joon Thanks 60,000 Japanese Spectators

2008-06-09

080609_ent_2.jpg

Actor Bae Yong-joon has delivered a special message to 64,000 spectators at "+1 Football Match," a charity soccer game held in Yokohama Japan on June 7.

Ahead of the game, Bae said through a pre-recorded video message that he was honored to be a part of such a meaningful event and thanked each and every one of the spectators for taking part in and supporting the special event.

The charity soccer game, led by Japanese and international All Star soccer players, was organized by Hidetoshi Nakata, a former soccer hero-turned environmentalist. All proceeds collected from ticket sales will be used to provide mosquito nets for children in Southeast Asia and Africa.

The event was also attended by a number of Korean celebrities including Bae Yong-jun, Hong Myung-bo and Lee Ho. The soccer match was televised live across Japan.

c: KBS Global

hi baesisters

We long-hair Baesisters have to stick together. :lol:

BYJ + long hair=

ROTFLOL! Did BYJ say something naughty that MSR had to give him a wedgie?

hi Tamar.. nice to see u ... :D

a..wedgie ? what wedgie... ? :rolleyes:

:blush: Hello and good and wet afternoon for all the sisters, my salutes and hugs to Marikoo, Deka_if, Shrympy 330, Jelen.

so much information about BAE, i don't know if you have seen this but i posted here.

hi priss, tq for sharing this... it's ok :D i never tired read all about him.... :lol:

Posted in Joon's Family by Lynn

The New Paper, 9 June 2008

By Chang May Choon

(changmc@sph.com.sg)

The Man with the golden touch[New Paper]

skipped......

Last year, Yong Joon was reportedly the top-earning celebrity in Korea, pocketing a stunning 43.2billion won ($56m). That's almost twice as much as the 25billion won earned by K-popster Rain, who was in second place.But only a quarter of Yong Joon's income came from his showbiz activities, including product endorsements.

He has started his own management agency BOF in 2004. He reportedly owns 85per cent shares in BOF, which manages the careers of artistes like So Ji Sub, Lee Na Young and newbie Lee Ji Ah. More recently, BOF started an office named BOF International in Japan, with Yong Joon holding a 33 percent stake. Both are now subsidiary companies under KeyEast Inc.

And he is attracting fans in droves to the three food outlets that he has started undeer the company Smart Kitchen - a restaurant named Gorilla In The Kitchen and a cafe named Tea Loft, both in Seoul, as well as Gosireh in Tokyo.

The restaurant, which reportedly cost a stunning 600million yen(S$7.7m) to set up two years ago, serves royal cuisine that has become so popular that it earns about five billion won($S6.5m) a year.

A BOF spokesman said that Yong Joon's aim in expanding his business in Japan is not to make money but rather, to 'continue pushing the Korean Wave forward in Japan through Korean food.'

What's amazing about Yong Joon's approach is that he manages to sustain high media exposure without compromising his low profile. Anything that bears his name seems to get an express ticket into the news.

Anything that bears his name seems to get an express ticket into the news.

....that's byj power !

tq for sharing this article yon... :D

what can we say ? BYJ is a great man..... have big idealism for his country.... :D

and he's a great actor also a brilliant business man... :phew: just within 3 years.. 2004-2007... he made his company that BIG.... and himself earned US$56 millions last year... :o what a amazing... :D

wonder how much he'll get ths year ? :phew:

so happy reading ths.... :D

Thanks for the encouragement alcy1985.

Just a very quick one. Have to go back to work.

My staff might see what I've been doing. :sweatingbullets:

Joanne translated this article on BYJ's Quilt.

Thanks again Joanne!

BYJ attended a charity soccer game '+1 Football Match' , that was held on 7 in Yokohama, Japan, and delivered a message to 64,000 audiences via eletronic board.

tq for sharing this sis article sis Marikoo

and tq Joanne for translation... :D

adekkeluangman tq for sharing this translation version too..

i saw this headlines...日 6만여 관중에 전광판 메시지 전달 스포츠 :blink:

then i used google for translate this... google said over than 6 million spectators passed on the message board sports ... :w00t:

From Innolife.

Can you see Jumuchi more clearly now?

This is the first time that I see clear photo of Jumuchi at the stadium.

HRH here he comes!!

Another one from byjgallery.

This is much closer.

sis marikoo tqqqqqqqqq for all ths pics and articles.... tq for ur efforts sis.. :D

i's never..ever tire anything re BJY... :D so please don't be tire sharing everything about him with us sis... :D

we always wait for ur new post... everyday... :D every time ... :lol:

btw what's it meaning ?배용준 2000억 프로젝트 신의 물방울' 현실화 될까 ?( from yahoo korea)

google said :Bae 200 billion project, a trickle of God' reality-deprived ? :wacko:

and i got ths VOD from byj gallery

thanks makiko for posted this vod

have a great weeks everyone !

Guest piano_lady

Reposting from the TWSSG thread:

Fans of 'Yonsama' Flock to Japanese Temple

Thanks to Korean wave star Bae Yong-joon, affectionately known as Yonsama in Japan, Koma Jinja in the Japanese city of Hidaka in Saitama Prefecture, where members of the royal family of an ancient Korean kingdom of Koguryo are enshrined, is booming with tourists.

200806090013_01.jpg

The Goma Jinji temple in Saita Prefecture, Japan, where members of the Koguryo royal family are enshrined. article_box02bg.gif

According to Sunday's Asahi Shinbum, the Koma Jinja has seen an endless flow of women aged between 30 and 70 since September last year, when Korean TV soap opera "Taewangsasingi (The Four Guardian Gods of the King)", which stars Bae, began to air in Korea. After being aired on the NHK satellite channel in December last year, "Taewangsasingi", which deals with the life of King Kwanggaeto the Great, known as the "Great Expander" of ancient Korean history, has been enjoying popularity in Japan, where it is now being shown once a week on regular NHK.

200806090013_02.jpg

Korean Wave star Bae Yong-joon advertises Korean soap 'Taewangsasingi' on terrestrial NHK, in the Kyosera Dome in Osaka. article_box02bg.gif

Fumiyasu Koma, the Guji or abbot of the temple, said he was surprised when he received enquiries about the Koguryo kings in Korean. As women began to pour into the temple in December, a bakery near the temple started selling four kinds of sponge cake named after the soap opera. A soy bean sauce maker in Hidaka is now selling a salad dressing themed on "Taewangsasingi", the daily reported. Koma Jinja is dedicated to Komanozako, who is believed to be a member of Koguryo royal family who fled to Japan after the kingdom collapsed. It was originally popular with politicians because praying in the temple was believed to bring success in life. (englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0806090013.html

Guest jelen

This time from Aera magazine. I guess we'll have more of these new photosfrom various Japanese magazines for this week.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5885/aera01lq2.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2280/aera02xl1.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/268/aera3qo1.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3052/aera4mc2.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3926/aera5va6.jpg

We were never tired of your post dear Mariko, how can you say that!

Didn't you know that your posting bring sunshine and a lot of joy to us everyday :) . Can you imagine a day without your BYJ updates & photo???

We were never tire of your post dear Mariko, how can you say that!

Didn't you know that your posting bring sunshine and a lot of joy to us everyday :) . Can you imagine a day without your BYJ updates & photo???

aaaahhhhhh! Don't even want to think that such day will ever happen sis jelen!

Guest jelen

aaaahhhhhh! Don't even want to think that such day will ever happen sis jelen!

Yes Marcina.... where on earth did our dear sister got that idea :wacko:

Can you imagine if Mariko suddenly stops giving us BYJ updates & pictures :tears: :tears:

BTW Marcina did you finish watching HWRL? I have just finish watching BFY for the nth time...

Guest liezle

hello everyone! it's back to posting for me once again. here are screencaps shared by makishi on byj's gallery regarding yong joon's interview today at Asia Crossroads

97713709ma2.jpg

30677353hs0.jpg

27245649gu1.jpg

64005628xs5.jpg

22488476va6.jpg

55223598rz2.jpg

97856706im9.jpg