[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

lilyrose :awww why so down. Who knows..maybe we'll get something more than the cliched storyline? I'd be disappointed too if OJ ends up leaving DR..but I'm still hoping it's only for episode 12. Maybe OJ just needs time to gather his toughts and really spend time by himself thinking about his life. I'm crossing my fingers that by ep 13 he'll figure things out..that Dal Rae is the best thing that can happen to him and that he is the best thing that can happen to Dal Rae and Soon Dae as well. So for the time being let's keep our eyes and ears open..hehehe.

kahina : good point! It's been 5 years since Dal Rae saved a life ....

canyayasis : I'm glad Jin Goo is not turning evil --- at least this way it's not the cliched the evil second lead.

LOL..Man Doo's not that selfish... though he doesn't care much for Dal Rae he'd rather see Oh Joon happy. Besides he's opening up to Dal Rae...hehehe.

ripgal : thanks for the update...BTW Happy Belated Birthday!

The more I think about it the more logical that Oh Joon will push Dal Rae away. That is one of two most common response upon hearing about a major illness. One can either get closer to family & friends (drawing strength from friends+family) or one can shut the family & friends away. I have seen the two responses first hand with people I know well so in a way we can't really say that OJ pushing DR away is cliched. Yes the 'terminal illness' thing is cliched but his response is not...and in fact that response is very much part of human nature. Having said all this...will I be happy when that happens with Oh Jooon and Dal rae? Heck no...I'm a sucker for sweet romance and light hearted moments..:lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What life did DalRae save 5 years ago?

Did i miss out on some huge piece of information?

Now that I'm learing Korean - I must admit to being careless - when the subs finally do come out -

I tend to fastforward through the part "that I was pretty sure I understood" ! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

(the kids won't get that now, will they hjkomo???)

Guest imogene_af

I got faith on the DP and the writer, so hope they don't disappoint.

He may be also pushing her away from the imminent danger that's around him.

And I kind of guessed he will be pushing her away based on the main theme "Light Signal", because that whole song is about someone pushing his love away. We all know he'll come back,though. How can he possibly resist Dal Rae?!

kahina I like the way you are thinking! I believe Kirsten/pinklily said the same back then.

:

I suppose she save the life of her daughter, Jang Yoo Jin. She was pregnant when she learn her husband's death and it would be "easy" to give up strenght.

Imogene-af : I'm happy i'm not the one to notice this quote. Hope it will be a good sign! Dal rae could carry life twice! jang yoo jin and now oh joon. It will be too pathetic to see a sad ending

The more I think about it the more logical that Oh Joon will push Dal Rae away. That is one of two most common response upon hearing about a major illness. One can either get closer to family & friends (drawing strength from friends+family) or one can shut the family & friends away. I have seen the two responses first hand with people I know well so in a way we can't really say that OJ pushing DR away is cliched. Yes the 'terminal illness' thing is cliched but his response is not...and in fact that response is very much part of human nature. Having said all this...will I be happy when that happens with Oh Jooon and Dal rae? Heck no...I'm a sucker for sweet romance and light hearted moments.. :lol:

Thank you so much chinggu :D

Anywayz, I have the same thoughts. Altho I dread cliches.. I also think it's the most logical and realistic action upon hearing something that you yourself can't even accept. For me, I'm okay with such a typical turn to the drama, just because it's realistic, and it's not just an out of the blue reaction. It's cliche of course, because every typical Kdrama with an illness per se will subsequently portray the person with an illness pushing his/her loved ones away. It's inevitable. BUT again, it's normal human reaction..the drama's just portraying realism.. but sometimes we don't like it, because that's why we watch dramas.. we want to dwell in fantasy! hehehehe...

Another thing is that OJ's not just an ordinary guy who fell in love with Dal Rae and then pushing her away because of his illness. He has come thru so much, to first deceiving Dal Rae then to falling love with her. I think he's filled with guilt besides love for Dal Rae, for hurting Dal Rae in the first place. And knowing that she has suffered so much after her husband's death, knowing that she has experienced the first hand feeling of losing somebody just in a blink of an eye.. OJ probably didn't want to hurt DR anymore, by letting her experience such pain again. He probably wanted DR to hate him forever, rather than let her grieve again (her 2nd time)..

lilyrose :awww why so down. Who knows..maybe we'll get something more than the cliched storyline? I'd be disappointed too if OJ ends up leaving DR..but I'm still hoping it's only for episode 12. Maybe OJ just needs time to gather his toughts and really spend time by himself thinking about his life. I'm crossing my fingers that by ep 13 he'll figure things out..that Dal Rae is the best thing that can happen to him and that he is the best thing that can happen to Dal Rae and Soon Dae as well. So for the time being let's keep our eyes and ears open..hehehe.

kahina : good point! It's been 5 years since Dal Rae saved a life ....

canyayasis : I'm glad Jin Goo is not turning evil --- at least this way it's not the cliched the evil second lead.

LOL..Man Doo's not that selfish... though he doesn't care much for Dal Rae he'd rather see Oh Joon happy. Besides he's opening up to Dal Rae...hehehe.

The more I think about it the more logical that Oh Joon will push Dal Rae away. That is one of two most common response upon hearing about a major illness. One can either get closer to family & friends (drawing strength from friends+family) or one can shut the family & friends away. I have seen the two responses first hand with people I know well so in a way we can't really say that OJ pushing DR away is cliched. Yes the 'terminal illness' thing is cliched but his response is not...and in fact that response is very much part of human nature. Having said all this...will I be happy when that happens with Oh Jooon and Dal rae? Heck no...I'm a sucker for sweet romance and light hearted moments..:lol:

Yes, I am also glad that Jin Goo is not going the way of the cliched evil second lead. He's learned so much from DR that it'd be a shame for him to throw all those life lessons out the window.

Even if OJ tries to push DR away, I don't think she will let that happen. She's already lost too much in her life, and remember how she saw through Soon Seom's attempt to push her away? I bet she'll see through OJ, too.

Happy Bday, ripgal!

Did i miss out on some huge piece of information?

Now that I'm learing Korean - I must admit to being careless - when the subs finally do come out -

I tend to fastforward through the part "that I was pretty sure I understood" ! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

(the kids won't get that now, will they hjkomo???)

Are you studying Korean, aside from the kdrama watching? That's great. It's only in hindsight that I realize I should've taken it in college (but those 8am language labs were just too damn early for me! ;) ).

Yeah, I remember watching reruns of the Lost in Space as a kid along with Leave it to Beaver, but won't the young'uns know the 1998 movie version with William Hurt, Matt LeBlanc, and Gary Oldman (man, he's so versatile!)? It was only ten years ago.

Guest lilyrose

:lol: Knowing how addicted I am to "Robbers" and knowing how impressed I still am with it, even with its, at times, conventional turns, I probably will watch it to the end. I may miss Ep 12 unless I read that something more than pushing away DR happens.

I agree that it is the natural reaction for Oh Joon to push DR away. It makes sense. But I suppose I also know that OJ will come back to DR because we are on Ep. 12, and the fuss may continue through Ep. 13, but by Ep. 14 they will probably be back together. Also, I still think that it will be harder on DR to be dropped or abandoned and then to find that her love is dying. That will be so much harder on poor DR. She has suffered so much already that I think she deserves the right to be in control of her destiny, and that means making a choice about being or not being with Oh Joon. But I am totally down with k-drama conventions and formulas. That is why I adore k-dramas and am an AA-worthy K-drama junkie ("Hello, my name is lilyrose, and I am a k-drama-aholic").

I say all this with the caveat that I have no idea what the episodes to follow will consist of. Just based on a preview of ep. 12, I am probably jumping the gun! I won't complain if I am proven wrong.

So in all probability you will find me in here on Wed and Thurs, frantically trying to download all three episodes and cursing at megaupload or yousendit for making me wait before I can download each episode.

(congrats to Jang Hyuk again. Really, everything is so insignificant when you have a new-born boy in your arms. :) )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ripgal!

hjkomo - yes - I'm studying first year university korean -

I have the 2 first year text books, Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, Korean Living Language CDs,

and then have a korean teacher that teaches korean as a SECOND LANGUAGE on the weekends at a local church.

So i am making efforts to read and write Korean without depending so much on others for understanding -

With these KDramas - they say the same things over and over again across the board with their scripts -

but what i find the most interesting is when I know what they are saying - but I don't know how or why I know...

P.S. happy birthday ripgal - Shall we toast ripgal with a nice glass of red wine tonight? any one???

also - with all the issues re: clubbox and megaupload etc.....is there ANY UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD service that all of you feel good about - i'd be happy to do my part re: downloading and uploading with a premium account if there is a service that we haven't all tried before - if there's a service you guys can agree upon - i'll buy the premium account and either use it here for our little group OR give the passwords to the workhorses in this thread -

Welcome, lilyrose...to KA: Kdrama-holics Anonymous. We serve booze at our meetings instead of cake.

Hello, my name is hjkomo, and I am a kdrama-holic... :D

I'm so glad we'll get to see TWO episodes on Valentine's Day (no b-ball games this week)! What better way to spend the day than with what/(who) you love? :wub:

That's awesome, canyayasis! I wish I were as diligent in my studies (of which, I currently have none ;) ).

* toasts red wine *

Thank you guys for the BD wishes! :D

Lucky to have the same birthday as Jang Hyuk's baby boy..hehehe... *toasts back to canyayasis*

A gift in turn for you guys....

Robbers BTS

329018da1a.jpg

348072c551.jpg

5e73450acc.jpg

be2c81d101.jpg

77a6971789.jpg

a19200d8a0.jpg

495ca5c97c.jpg

credits: SBS bulhandang/ baidu

Guest imogene_af

Oh to our Robbers updater, Happy Birthday! I know it is against Soompi rules to greet but I have to greet Jo the active Robbers poster Ripgal. This person has been VERY important in both the ROBBERS thread and LEE DA HAE's thread. First person to welcome a newbie like me with open arms. Have fun,girl! We should have a red wine party!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,JO!

Having three episodes at once makes me want to cry... I don't want this to end. :tears:

Thank you so much chinggu :D

Anywayz, I have the same thoughts. Altho I dread cliches.. I also think it's the most logical and realistic action upon hearing something that you yourself can't even accept. For me, I'm okay with such a typical turn to the drama, just because it's realistic, and it's not just an out of the blue reaction. It's cliche of course, because every typical Kdrama with an illness per se will subsequently portray the person with an illness pushing his/her loved ones away. It's inevitable. BUT again, it's normal human reaction..the drama's just portraying realism.. but sometimes we don't like it, because that's why we watch dramas.. we want to dwell in fantasy! hehehehe...

Another thing is that OJ's not just an ordinary guy who fell in love with Dal Rae and then pushing her away because of his illness. He has come thru so much, to first deceiving Dal Rae then to falling love with her. I think he's filled with guilt besides love for Dal Rae, for hurting Dal Rae in the first place. And knowing that she has suffered so much after her husband's death, knowing that she has experienced the first hand feeling of losing somebody just in a blink of an eye.. OJ probably didn't want to hurt DR anymore, by letting her experience such pain again. He probably wanted DR to hate him forever, rather than let her grieve again (her 2nd time)..

ripgal : totally agree with what you think. OJ doesn't want Dal Rae to relive the whole "One Minute Man" experience again.

thanks dear! Instead of us giving you gifts..you actually give gifts to us..what a sweetie..hehehe. And I'm joing canyayasis for a toast to you..heheeh.

canyayasis : very nice...pretty soon you'll be able to do more translating....hehehe. I'm okay with Megaupload and Sendspace but I know people from Asia sometimes have trouble with MU. One site that I despise is rapidshare but other than that I'm okay with anything else.

lilyrose : are you sure you can avoid eps 12? heheheheehehe... what if there's another shirtless Jang Hyuk scene in there? can you resist that? :lol:

imogene_af : lol...I know..how can Oh Joon resist Dal Rae with her big innocent eyes looking up to him?

okay now after thinking some more about the saving a life every 5 years...wasn't Dal Rae referring to Soon Dae when she said that? How Soon Dae saved Dal Rae's life? Without Soon Dae (in her belly) Dal Rae might have lost all hope for living when she lost her husband.

Guest missxosteffany

I'm sorry if someone already asked this

but where can i download episode 12?

the S2 clubbox hasn't uploaded it yet and i really want to watch it!

Thanks!!!!!

Guest imogene_af

I'm sorry if someone already asked this

but where can i download episode 12?

the S2 clubbox hasn't uploaded it yet and i really want to watch it!

Thanks!!!!!

There was no Episode 12 last week because of the Lunar New Year celebration. It will pick up this week, we'll have 3 episodes.

okay now after thinking some more about the saving a life every 5 years...wasn't Dal Rae referring to Soon Dae when she said that? How Soon Dae saved Dal Rae's life? Without Soon Dae (in her belly) Dal Rae might have lost all hope for living when she lost her husband.

I am confused here. Is Dal Rae save life every 5 years or is she saved? Because i have understand the first one, so dal rae saved soon dae. Because she had strenght to keep her baby healthy. If it's dal rae who is saved, it's less interesting. She can't be an angel savior for oh joon :tears:

Guest imogene_af

I am confused here. Is Dal Rae save life every 5 years or is she saved? Because i have understand the first one, so dal rae saved soon dae. Because she had strenght to keep her baby healthy. If it's dal rae who is saved, it's less interesting. She can't be an angel savior for oh joon :tears:

Jin Goo said (in a convo with his father) that Dal Rae has weird hobbies, she wants to save a life every 5 years.

Dal Rae said she was saved because of Soon Dae.

So we can connect it either way. :lol:

I like LDH so I intend to watch this drama when the subs are complete. But just to get me prepared, is this a tearjerker drama? And just an observation...I've looked about 4 pages back and I did not see LDH in the screencaps (unless I have serious eye problem). Are there no LDH fans active in this thread?

Can someone tell me what happened between Oh Joon and his sister in the past that causes him to not want to see her? Thanks!

OJ only has his sister to depend on, so he loves her very much. But she married an abusive alcoholic husband, who always beat her up when he came home. OJ couldn't bear to see his sister suffer anymore. So he earned, borrowed and conned money (you know his source of money) to buy a house for his sister, so that she could move out and leave her abusive husband. Nevertheless, her sister took the money and paid off all her husband's debts and didn't heed OJ's advice to move out. OJ was angry and he ran away from home. The main reason tho why he doesn't want to see his sister is that he fears that she will find out about his messy life, and yea partly because he's a lil unhappy that his sister took his money to pay off her "useless" husband's debts.

I like LDH so I intend to watch this drama when the subs are complete. But just to get me prepared, is this a tearjerker drama? And just an observation...I've looked about 4 pages back and I did not see LDH in the screencaps (unless I have serious eye problem). Are there no LDH fans active in this thread?

Yeah.. all the girls here are high on Jang Hyuk. :w00t:

They are quite a few very active LDH fans in this thread, including myself. hehehe.. It's just that we comment more than post pictures. But rest assured, this drama is not just about JH's character, Oh Joon. LDH's role Dal Rae is also very lovable and likeable..she's totally one of my fav female character of all time.

The drama's not exactly a tearjerker..we all thought so in the beginning tho. This drama has a mixture of everything...humor and drama in particular. And it's different from your typical Kdrama storylines.. at least that's what I think. You will have to watch to judge..:D

Archived