[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest imogene_af

we can see the episode 11 tonight. at 9:45 -Korean time!

but episode 12 was canceled tomorrow!T.T....

i will miss it through two weeks.

NOOOOOOOO! :tears: Where's canyayasis' red wine?!

Thanks for the info,though. And haha that's the cutest Da Hae gif. :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilyrose

I actually feel devastated that I have not been able to watch Robbers for two weeks now. I have been so busy with business trips, and even though I tried to download during my trips, I just could not get links to work. I am, contrary to my inclinations, reading the spoilers, just so I can get my fill of the show. It sounds like there are dramatic shifts in the story, with the romance heating up (which is precisely what I had been waiting and waiting for, and now it seems that I will miss episodes 11 and 12.) This is just horrible.

What heartens me from all of your wonderful comments (what an excellent set of reviewers we have in thread--quite possibly the best ever--if I may make hyperbolic statements!) is that it seems that the show has maintained its complexity, its nuanced subtlety, its character-focused plot, and most of all, has continued to showcase JH's obvious acting skills. I am not too fond of JH's new hairstyle (I liked it brushed back), but really, nothing can dim his obviously striking looks.

I have so many questions--what's with boxing gif--but really, I will just have to wait and see if I can catch up. And what with Mandoo? That is so out of left field, although maybe if I go back and re-watch the episodes, I may see the hints. Most of all, this is yet another instance of how well the supporting cast is continually given facets and depth, which is a mark of the excellent writing that has characterized this drama. Well played.

To all of you watching the show: I am envious of you, but in a good way.

Guest cherryche

:lol: yeah```i made it just now.

she is sooooo cut~~`^^

kekeke````

T.T..i missed her cut expressions.

and her cry also made me painT.T....

As I was cruising soompi, I noticed that Kim Jung Tae and Mr. Hulk were also in H.I.T. - I might just have to check that one out, except that I HAVE NO TIME! Has anyone subbed it? Is there a magic pill that will put more hours into the day, so I can catch up on all the kdramas that I've missed? :( Woe is me...

Yes both of them were in HIT. Too bad you don't have time to watch it..cos it's one of the best thrillers/action dramas I have seen. I really liked it..a total recommended drama.

Kim Jung Tae played a totally different role in that drama.. more of a loser type of guy. Nothing you would find similar to Jin Goo.. and the HULK guy...he's kinda similar...with a tough image but inside he's as soft as a mouse..hehehe..

Guest imogene_af

I actually feel devastated that I have not been able to watch Robbers for two weeks now. I have been so busy with business trips, and even though I tried to download during my trips, I just could not get links to work. I am, contrary to my inclinations, reading the spoilers, just so I can get my fill of the show. It sounds like there are dramatic shifts in the story, with the romance heating up (which is precisely what I had been waiting and waiting for, and now it seems that I will miss episodes 11 and 12.) This is just horrible.

What heartens me from all of your wonderful comments (what an excellent set of reviewers we have in thread--quite possibly the best ever--if I may make hyperbolic statements!) is that it seems that the show has maintained its complexity, its nuanced subtlety, its character-focused plot, and most of all, has continued to showcase JH's obvious acting skills. I am not too fond of JH's new hairstyle (I liked it brushed back), but really, nothing can dim his obviously striking looks.

I have so many questions--what's with boxing gif--but really, I will just have to wait and see if I can catch up. And what with Mandoo? That is so out of left field, although maybe if I go back and re-watch the episodes, I may see the hints. Most of all, this is yet another instance of how well the supporting cast is continually given facets and depth, which is a mark of the excellent writing that has characterized this drama. Well played.

To all of you watching the show: I am envious of you, but in a good way.

So there you are! I really miss your insightful reviews and comments, it's nice to know you're still zapped into the Robbers universe, just a bit late and not spoiler-free. If you do catch up, please, please share your insights. We miss it!

Maybe, we should all watch H.I.T. together (for those of us who missed it the first time around) when the subs are finished - or earlier, if anyone's interested.

lilyrose, is that Jang Hyuk jumping in your banner?

hohomania : thank you for posting the pics. Jang hyuk looks good..hehehe

lilyrose : we missed you here.... I hope you get to catch up on Robbers...so we can all gossip about Robbers more. I definitely want to know what you think. And yes I say the drama has been able to maintain all its subtleties. That is one of the things that I really enjoy about the drama... every single expression convey more than just one emotion..and there's just so much emotion in the drama (onvious and not so obvious).

cherryche : thanks for letting us know..so no Robbers spisode 12 on Thursday...they probably have a New Year special that day,huh? I know how you feel..episode 10 is so touching....

Hyc : sorry I don't know the title to the song.

So...who's planning on watching Robbers episode 11 live? shirley? canyayasis? --- whoever is watching Robber live tomorrow better not be drunk..I expect a coherent spoiler :lol: sooooo stay away from the wine the night before..hahahaha...

Guest imogene_af

Yes, that's Jang Hyuk... maybe Oh Joon should surprise Dal Rae like that after a kiss, he'll just jump in that graceful and sexxaaay way.

Maybe, we should all watch H.I.T. together (for those of us who missed it the first time around) when the subs are finished - or earlier, if anyone's interested.

hjkomo: Great idea! That way we can all flood H.I.T thread together... I think that would be a lot of fun. I'm interested..just let me know when. I have so much fun @ this Robbers thread because of you guys..we share insights and predictions together... just simply wonderful.

and yuuupp that's the hot Jang Hyuk soaring like an eagle..hahahaha.

Oohhh...yes if you guys plan to flock to the HIT thread after Robbers, be sure to count me in! :lol: I don't mind watching the second time round.. the thread was very quiet when the drama was airing at that time, tho it had very good ratings. (It was against LDH's drama Hello! Miss back then..hehehe..)

Guest imogene_af

hjkomo: Great idea! That way we can all flood H.I.T thread together... I think that would be a lot of fun. I'm interested..just let me know when. I have so much fun @ this Robbers thread because of you guys..we share insights and predictions together... just simply wonderful.

I'm loving KJT's performance as Jin Goo and would be interested in this old drama. Especially, if I'll interact with this community! Bring on the wine!

Sadly, it isn't. She has such a nice voice,though, doesn't she?

Hyc : sorry I don't know the title to the song.

imogene_af, o-cha, thanks for the response. :)

The song is very nice, and Kim Hae Sook has very good voice.

NOOOOOOOO! :tears: Where's canyayasis' red wine?!

ohtikay? ohtikay?

HICCUP....

KBS2's live streaming has sucked lately!

So I'll focus on ROBBERS - to give the scene breakdown of ep. 11 tomorrow - it's still Tuesday here -

and as always relying on others more competent than myself to do dialogue translations.

hjkomo! you there?

I'd watch anything with you guys!

we should start a thread that's AN INTERIM THREAD

- for this group of threaders - and whoever else has high and low insights into the world of KDramas...

(including baduy - i miss him - mr. england and I'm a scholar too!! i miss him!)

to keep posting even when we're NOT watching something together...

Would SOOMPI let us?

I know...where the hell is baduy??? I hope he didn't have one too many late night cocktails (or was it scotch? I can't remember...) :blink::ph34r:

Okay, canyayasis, you take Robbers & I'll take HGD (just as long as I don't have to strangle myself because of the buffering!!), and maybe shirley will take both. :D

I know...where the hell is baduy??? I hope he didn't have one too many late night cocktails (or was it scotch? I can't remember...) :blink::ph34r:

Okay, canyayasis, you take Robbers & I'll take HGD (just as long as I don't have to strangle myself because of the buffering!!), and maybe shirley will take both. :D

Deal!!

hahaha..you guys are really funny.. :lol:

Btw, I finally got around to watch Ep 10 (just in time for Ep 11!)..and gosh, I LOVED IT! I seriously LOVED IT. It's one of my fav episodes, out of the rest.. seriously.

I really loved how the drama dealt with DR and OJ's relationship. It didn't dwell too much on the pain and agony of having been betrayed by somebody you trust, but instead it focused on the ability and courage to forgive and forget. It was sooo heartwarming and beautiful to see DR help OJ out, to discard all his bad antics and to start a new life. She's kind of an unrealistic being tho I would think.. because I think it wouldn't be as easy to forgive such a person so easily. But it's Kdrama, so I can handle it.. and I like it. I kinda expected the drama to go the cliche direction btw.. sorta like add scenes of OJ being prevented from turning into a new leaf..you know Kdramas.. eg. along the lines of more ppl asking OJ for money, and he had no other way but to resume his old ways of getting money. Luckily the drama chose not to do that..or else I'd go WTH..another draggy storyline. phew..

:D

And about Man Doo.. I wasn't exactly fond of him treating DR that way, I mean telling OJ that she's not the one for him..etc. But again, from his perspective, as a person who loved OJ no matter what happened (and he probably didn't care much about OJ's bad antics, cos I would think he probably didn't want OJ to pay back his debts, because if he did so, he wouldn't have a reason for OJ to feel indebted of something to him. And certainly, if he can't make OJ stay because of love, he can make him stay because of OJ's debt owed to him), it's normal reaction. But I guess it really hurt him much that DR was able to bring OJ closer to his sister, and he couldn't, despite all his years of persuasion. I guess it must have been emotionally tormenting for him to see OJ edging closer to DR because of what she's done to help him, and OJ only saw her in his eyes when Man Doo actually supported him all these years. Too bad about that..

Jin Goo....sigh..is there anything I can do for this poor soul? I mean, he's really fallen hard for DR.. to have forsaken all his personal principles, just to win her heart. I was especially touched by what he actually did at the restaurant.. it was such a funny scene, but yet at the same time, showed how much he wanted DR to accept him. It's kinda forceful, but for a man like Jin Goo, it's definitely something he wouldn't do in a thousand years, or even if his father asked him to.. And for this girl, he just totally let loose of himself.. Nice job Jin Goo! HURRAY! Altho the girl will probably not accept you, you're given a 100% for doing what you have done, to win the girl's heart! :D

And onto Sum Sum and Jin Ho.. first of all, did Kim Hye Sook just sing? If she did, it certainly came as a surprise to me that she had and has a very soulful voice. Loved her rendition of the song.. and following that, it was really sweet seeing Jin Ho confessing to her like that. She should just accept his love and move on.. I'd want a guy who's sweet enuff to give me a whole coffee shop as a GIFT! :lol:

Lastly, the last 7 minutes of the show. That scene totally blew me off.. I thought it was the strongest and most beautiful scene of the drama. It was sooooooo beautifully executed that I couldn't think of any better way to deal with both DR and OJ's relationship. I read about you guys raving about how great that scene was... but I didn't expect myself to love it so much. First of all, I was very much touched by what DR said about how she felt stupid and sorry for persuading him to apologise to his victims, which indirectly caused him to be trapped in such a situation at that moment. I really felt OJ's pain at that moment.. a woman whom he'd schemed and conned, was actually telling him that she was wrong for doing something that she was entitled to, considering how much he'd lied to her. It must have been torture for OJ to see his beloved DR, putting the blame on herself, and some more telling him that he did GREAT by doing so. AND THEN, the PROPOSAL! It was even more unexpected.. and by the moment I saw OJ covering his eyes, I was already bawling..:tears: It was just sooooooo unexpected, well for me. But for OJ, I think it was more of a mixture of shock, shame and appreciation. Shock - because he wouldn't have exptected DR to say something in that kind of situation ( I would be shocked too!!) Shame - because DR was willing to go out far to accept this guy, a guy who was once a scoundrel and some more, one who actually schemed and planned to con her. She was willing to forget about his past, forgive him, and now, to the farthest extreme, accept him into her family. (It's sooooo totally unbelievable, but I still loved how it was played out.). Appreciation - I think he was touched by her gesture. It isn't easy to forgive somebody.. but again, just like I said before, this woman was willing to put her trust in him, despite his dishonesty in the past. For trust to be placed upon such a guy.. I think OJ himself thinks it's an impossible thing too. But DR just did the exact thing that he was unsure whether she would do. Totally beautiful.. to the very last minute.

And talking about the very last minute..OMO! I've just got to rant about it! I was actually squealing in happiness, with tears in my eyes.. when OJ took out the pair of ear-rings, and proposed at the same time too. My heart was beating soooo fast when he reached out to her..and some more both of them were in tears...OMGOSSHHHH....it was just a CLASSIC SCENE - 2 tearful souls reaching out together.. and finally, both of them just embrace and KISS! Totally breathtaking... Really, I've gotta clap clap clap..for JH and LDH's superb performance in that scene. It's one of the most beautiful and most touching/romantic scenes I have seen in a Kdrama..:wub:

Right, I guess I'll have to stop here.. or else I'd go on.. it's 2 am now and I still have the last 7 min of Ep 10 in my head! :crazy: I might just have a sleepless night just because of this scene.. not good!

ALAS, sorrry if I bored you guys with my review eh? I'm slow..I'm always so slow with mah dramas..hehehe..

Guest lilyrose

imogene_af, o-cha, ripgal, hjkomo (and others I am forgetting), I have missed you all, but gladly none of you has slowed down on your momentum, and thus your reviews are really so detailed and insightful (way more than anything I could ever hope to produce) that I feel like I have already watched the episodes.

I have, however, felt like I have been away from my family of Robbers :ph34r: .

I see there is a off-discussion about wine going on here, and it is a discussion I want to join in wholeheartedly!

hjkomo , as others have already responded to your question, yes, it is JH jumping in the air. Have you visited the Jang hyuk thread? It is filled with heart-attack inducing shots of JH in various states of undress (updated regularly). There are some good screencaps from Robbers as well.

All right, I can see that Episode 10 is a must-see. I will catch up and I will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I have one question: Are the nosebleeds abating at all? This is about the time when the turn in the story should take, and if those nosebleeds are coming on strongly, then I will be disappointed, just because that will be such an obvious path to take. Redemption through death. Not working for me.

Guest imogene_af

Jo- I love your review, it's like I can feel the highs in your emotions! It's like I'm reliving the scene again... and it made me watch it again! Thanks for sharing that!:)

I have one question: Are the nosebleeds abating at all? This is about the time when the turn in the story should take, and if those nosebleeds are coming on strongly, then I will be disappointed, just because that will be such an obvious path to take. Redemption through death. Not working for me.

No, no nosebleeds since Episode 5. Which is a good thing or a bad thing?

Archived