Official Album/single Review Thread

Post your album/single reviews here
This is an experimental thread that I have decided to start. We are looking for members to write album/single reviews for the main site, so your works may appear on soompi's main site as well (with credits back to you). :)

I know that a lot of members are fans of a certain artist because of both their hot looks and their music. When writing an album/single review, let's focus on the music side of it and try to give an unbiased opinion. For example, we are not looking for comments like "I like this album because xxx is the hottest thing on earth".

Here is the format that I would like to use:

[album/single title]

[album/single cover picture]

[track list in Korean or English, with title song(s) highlighted]

[Overall Comment about this singer and this album/single (e.g. Vol. 3, first release in 3 years....)]

[Comments on the title song(s)]

[Other songs you recommend in this album/single]

[Closing (summary) comments and whether you recommend this album/single]

[Ratings (from a scale of 1 to 5):]

5/5 - Even if you're not a fan of this artist/group this album is a must buy.

4/5 - If you're a fan of this artist/group, you must buy this album.

3/5 - If you're a fan of this artist/group, you might want to add this one to your collection.

2/5 - I don't think a fan would even buy this.

1/5 - You might as well just flush your money down the toilet.

[also indicate whether you would like your work to be appeared on soompi's main site]

We welcome reviews on all albums/singles, whether it is a new or old release. Constructive criticism is allowed but remember no bashing, whether it is to the artist or to the member who wrote the review.

We used to have an official album thread but it is not very popular, I'll see if this one is popular or not. If there are too few responses, I'll close the thread after a while.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start by contributing a review: :D

Zi-A - Voice of Heaven

1k1020000922.jpg

01. Absentmindedly

02. Together With The Star In My Heart (Duet With KCM)

03. Guardian Angel

04. Love Is Like The Rainwater Outside The Window

05. Of Course

06. Absentmindedly (Piano Ver.)

Zi-A is a rookie female singer who remains faceless at this moment, even though some of us might have watched her duet with KCM on Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter a few months ago. Some people mistakenly thought Zi-A was the face on the album cover, but actually it was actress Kim Ok Bin, who starred (together with actor Shin Hyun Joon) in Zi-A's mega production MV on three of the songs from this mini-album.

Korea's top songwriter Cho Young Soo (who has written many hits for SG Wannabe, See Ya, Kim Jong Kook, KCM, etc.) is in charge of this mini-album. The title song "Absentmindedly" (물끄러미) is as good a ballad as you have heard all year. An attractive piano arrangement with Zi-A's smooth voice plus the movie-like MV making this an instant hit. Part II of the MV featured track 2 "Together With The Star In My Heart", a lovely duet with KCM. Part III of the MV is "Guardian Angel", which is a more up-tempo song in the mini-album. Aside from the title song, my 2nd favorite is track 5 "Of Course" (물론) and this is the song Zi-A dueted with KCM on Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter. A solo version is recorded on the album.

Zi-A is not considered to have a powerful voice. Instead, she has a very smooth voice with good singing techniques. She reminded me of another female singer Suh Young Eun. She definitely fits the description "Voice of Heaven". I am waiting for her to eventually come out to perform, and by that time, I am sure her popularity will rise to another level. It is definitely an album to recommend.

Rating: 5/5

Ratings breakdown:

3/5 - If you're a fan of this artist/group, you might want to add this one to your collection.

Guest kayem7289

Ohhhh...I like this thread. We're only allowed to post up Korean albums, right?

So no singles either?

V Okay, Edward, that's awesome!

Biasedness is never a problem for me...I'm always up for critiquing xD.

Ohhhh...I like this thread. We're only allowed to post up Korean albums, right?

So no singles either?

Okay, I'll relax the requirement a little bit.

Singles are fine, and also K-pop singers who release albums/singles in other languages are also okay to review. :)

Zhang Liyin/Jang Riin - Timeless

024600192s150hs9.jpg

1. Timeless (Feat. Xiah Junsu of TVXQ)

2. Y (why...)

3. Timeless (Feat. Xiah Junsu of TVXQ) (Instrumental)

4. Y (why...) (Instrumental)

Zhang Liyin is a female solo artiste from SM Entertainment and the first Chinese solo artiste in Korea. Her debut was on Sept 9, 2006 with her hit single Timeless. She has been called by many, and even Lee Sooman himself, as the leader of the Hallyu Wave. Although only a rookie singer, she has already won the Mutizen Award on SBS Inkigayo and the Best New Solo Artist Award at the 2006 MKMF Music Video Awards. Han Geng and Choi Siwon of Super Junior, and Lee Yeonhee, an actress under SM, starred in the MV for her title song, Timeless.

Her title song, a duet with Xiah Junsu of TVXQ, is Timeless, a remake of Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson's song of the same name. The Korean lyrics were written by Kenzie, who has written many other hit songs. The title song talks about a love that is ultimately timeless in the face of challenges. In Timeless, there are many high notes and on her debut, she was heavily criticized for her inability to reach the notes. However she improved significantly in her later live performances. The two-part music video for Timeless features Liyin singing in Korean in part I and Chinese in part II. The second song on her Timeless single is another remake, this time of Jamelle Fraley's Powerless.. Liyin's version of Powerless (called Why (Y...) on her single) is a song that further showcases her R&B voice and talent.

Although she had a shaky start in her career as a singer, she definitely has a voice to be reckoned with. She has a unique voice that is able to reach those difficult high notes. Although she has been called the "Chinese BoA", her singing is quite different from BoA, as heard in this single. I believe this single is really worth trying out.

Rating: 4/5

---------------

Edward: Is this how you want the reviews to be like? I wasn't sure so yeah. If it's not right, I'll edit it.

READ: Guys, regardless if you're a fan or not, try to be honest as possible. With the reviews we have so far, we're gonna end up having billions of 5/5 reviews, and we're trying to recommend some decent albums; so yeah. Try raising your reviewng standards. Cuz, as the rating breakdown says, 5/5 should be only albums that both fans & nonfans should go out & buy, not take a listen to.

Chae Yeon Vol. 4

- sorry Edward, I thought I sent this one to you, but I guess it wasn't sent. :/

8025938.jpg

1 My Love

2 한 사람

3 부탁

4 낯설은 거짓말

5 게임

6 아련한 기다림

7 서투른 사랑

8 Tell Me

9 고귀한 사랑

10 서글픈 이별

11 Party Tonight

12 My Love (Global Re-Mix)

13 낯설은 거짓말 (Benny Re-Mix)

14 서투른 사랑 (Mojo House Re-Mix)

15 My Love (Bossa Re-Mix)

Chae Yeon yet again comes back with another album, with hopes of trying to cover up her not so successful third album. Her fourth album, unsurprisingly, consists of mainly dance songs with some spices, and little ballads that do justice to her talent. Like her third album, no songs really stand out, and only one or two ballads are memorable. Her title song My Love contains some Latin feel, but is not very outstanding. It sounds like a very typical dance song, and unless Chae Yeon creates a hit through a hit dance, it will be hard for her to hit the charts with this song. A different song that Chae Yeon performed during her come back was 부탁 (Promise), and this song is just as mediocre, although it is a bit more promising with its unique arrangement and melody. Not many dance songs stand out, with the exception of 서글픈 이별 (Lonely Breakup). This is a much slower dance song with a very unique and interesting melody and chorus. Besides that, the other songs sound much like filler.

The few ballads in the album are probably the best songs, and songs such as 한사람 (One Person) and 아련한 기다림 (Misty Await), are very good. Chae Yeon shows she can sing through the songs, and the melodies are very pleasant.

However, overall, like her third album, this album is below mediocre. Hopefully, her fifth will bring the omph that she had in her second album, with the song Two of Us.

Rating: 2/5

BIGBANG: ALWAYS

4t6hpg4.jpg

1. 우린 빅뱅 (intro)

2. 거짓말

3. 없는 번호

4. 아무렇지 않은 척 (T.O.P Solo) (Featuring 지은)

5. Oh Ma Baby

6. Always

Hip-hop sensation BIG BANG returns with new music just in time for their anniversary. This album consists of a fresh style, but still has the Big Bang touch. The title song, 거짓말 (Lies), is a catchy house-style number written and composed by YG's prodigy, Big Bang's own G-Dragon. Another title track, Always, is written by 1TYM's Teddy, which captures listeners with sad lyrics and a nostalgic melody. The intro song is a bit different from the ones in their previous singles as this one showcases certain members' vocals. Also, 없는 번호 (No Number) has a somewhat catchy tune and is certainly worth a try. TOP impresses us with an immensely better solo than his previous, featuring new YG artiste Ji Eun. And finally, Oh Ma Baby is touching song with equally touching lyrics.

Although having debuted for only a little over a year, Big Bang is a group to be on the lookout for. They have shown that they are able to adapt well to different styles, as seen by their recent success in the charts and shows.

Overall, I think most fans and non-fans will agree when I say that this album is definitely worth a listen.

Guest AkiraXHebe

I decided to write a review for Ji Eun's album, i'm not a big fan of her, i'm not into R&B/ballad either, but this may be the best R&B/ballad i've heard ever. Ironically, my English is not very good.

Ji Eun - Rain

1k1020000910.jpg

1. Yesterday Different From Today

2. Rain

3. Tell Me Once

4. Choice

5. One Night Lover

6. I'm Sorry

7. Miss You

8. Let You Borrow

9. Love Is Over

10. Separation Is Common To Me

11. Please Stop Now

12. Relationship Between Her and I

Ji Eun, who gained a lot of attention by featuring in many famous artistes' albums such as Whee Sung, Taebin... and recently Lexy's hit Up To The Sky, is YG Family's the newest talent. After four years of training and collecting experience, Ji Eun finally debuted with her first offical album - Rain. Let's see if this girl satisfied audiences' expectations.

Ji Eun's album Rain is a little different from what people often think about YG's artistes like Lexy or Big Bang. This album doesn't consist of only R&B and upbeat songs, it also has many great ballads. There're a lot of ballad/R&B artistes these days, but i think Ji Eun is the most outstanding. On the one hand, she owns a strong voice that is able to reach high notes and a great singing skill that original R&B songs demand; on the other hand, Ji Eun's voice is also unique, limpid and emotive in ballads. People will be pleased to hear her album with many great R&B as well as ballads.

The album's title track is Yesterday Different From Today. It was composed by Lee Hyun Jung, who is known for many hits such as Whee Sung's Useless and Big Mama's Break Away. Yesterday Different From Today is a moving R&B/ballad. It is not too different from other typical Korean ballads, but Ji Eun is able to show off her powerful voice, as the song's high notes and ligatures require a lot of skill to perform it. The sad music video, about the separation through a car accident, and the touching lyrics fit this song perfectly. The title track's not the only great song in this album, it contains many more good songs such as Rain and Love Is Over. Choice is really a great R&B song, a combination of Ji Eun, Lee Eun Joo & Whee Sung while Separation Is Common To Me, like the title track, once again gives a strong impression of the singer's talent. The only weakness in Ji Eun's album is her upbeat songs like One Night Lover and I'm Sorry... they're all catchy, but not as great as the ballads.

Ji Eun didn't have a lot of promotional activities for this album and she's rather underrated, but this girl is really talented and her debut album is good as well - definitely worth giving it a try.

Note: If you like ballads, this album will be 5/5. But if you expect this album to be like Lexy's style, you may be quite disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't Don (돈돈)

album_01.jpg

1. 돈 돈! (Don't Don)

2. 소원이 있나요 (Sapphire Blue)

3. You're My Endless Love (말하자면)

4. 미워 (Hate U, Love U)

5. Disco Drive

6. Marry U

7. I Am

8. 사랑이 떠나다 (She's Gone)

9. Missin' U

10. 거울 (Mirror)

11. 우리들의 사랑 (Our Love)

12. Midnight Fantasy

13. Thank You

14. Bonus Track 아주 먼 옛날 (Song For You)

Super Junior, the thirteen-member band, are back again with their anticipated second album after one year and four months. SM has done an excellent job of concealing their new image until the final release date. Super Junior are known for their amount of members and had been doing recent activities without their 12th member, Kyu Hun. Now, all the boys are back with extreme hairstyles to fit their grunge and punk style.

Don't Don is a song with a hard message about the world, money and corruption. Similar to their other hit song 'TWINS', they come out hard with the message in a rock, grunge style. The song has a lot of variety in sound, such as the drum beats, electric guitar riffs and even the solo of a violin player, who is a trainee in SM and will soon debut.

This album isn't all grunge and rock though, it includes a variety of light hearted songs such as Sapphire Blue and lovely ballads such as Marry U. A lot of the ballads show that the members' voices have matured and they have learned to harmonize the many vocals well. They even remade the Korean Christian song "Song for You". Their lyrics are also very strong and the raps were written by a few members.

This second album has proved that Super Junior have matured. Their talent really shines through the variety of songs, expecially their ballads. Though they are disliked for their large amount of members and their lip-synching, they really are trying hard to make it far. This album proves that it's not only 3 members that can sing, they all can... except for the rappers of course :)

4/5

Guest MonsterMasher

do you know where we can dl?

BIGBANG: ALWAYS

4t6hpg4.jpg

1. 우린 빅뱅 (intro)

2. 거짓말

3. 없는 번호

4. 아무렇지 않은 척 (T.O.P Solo) (Featuring 지은)

5. Oh Ma Baby

6. Always

Hip-hop sensation BIG BANG returns with new music just in time for their anniversary. This album consists of a fresh style, but still has the Big Bang touch. The title song, 거짓말 (Lies), is a catchy house-style number written and composed by YG's prodigy, Big Bang's own G-Dragon. Another title track, Always, is written by 1TYM's Teddy, which captures listeners with sad lyrics and a nostalgic melody. The intro song is a bit different from the ones in their previous singles as this one showcases certain members' vocals. Also, 없는 번호 (No Number) has a somewhat catchy tune and is certainly worth a try. TOP impresses us with an immensely better solo than his previous, featuring new YG artiste Ji Eun. And finally, Oh Ma Baby is touching song with equally touching lyrics.

Although having debuted for only a little over a year, Big Bang is a group to be on the lookout for. They have shown that they are able to adapt well to different styles, as seen by their recent success in the charts and shows.

Overall, I think most fans and non-fans will agree when I say that this album is definitely worth a listen.

Guest LittleSmurfie

I'm just getting my opinion through ^^

Firstly I think we should rate each song in the album/single and describe if it was good or not [e.g. Lyrics, Vocals, Song Structure etc.] so that people could have an idea of what it's about..Genre of the song may be good too.

This way it's much harder to judge which song was really good or not and that makes an honest review ^^

Secondly: If everyone just gave a 4 or a 5.. Nobody would have an idea what they should get anyways ._.

Glad if it would help people out ^^

I'm not bossing around I'm just making things better ^^

Guest bepiozo

For once, I shall contribute..

Rocket Diary- vol.1 District 13

release date: 2/6/2007

language: Korean

genre: punk/alternative

rocketdiarysr3.jpg

01 District 13

02 태양을 건너 (Crossing the sun)

03 On My Way

04 Heart Messenger

05 Wanna Be

06 너의 냄새가 없어 (Your Smell is Gone)

07 Morning Glory

08 What You Want?

09 My Stage! My Friends!

10 Tonight

11 She Makes Me Cry

*I review very harshly, just so you know*

1. One of my favorite tracks on the album. The music is great, and I love the guitar in the beginning. Also love the bridge. Slightly husky vocals, works with the song. 9/10

2. Don't really like this one. Not very memorable. For me, it's one of those songs that after it's all done, i'm like.. what did I just listen to? 2/10

3. The vocals are smoother in this song and the song itself is more mellow than some of the others. Me likes! 9/10

4. This song is pretty OK, but I don't like how he seems to sing at a slower pace.. makes me impatient. Vocals sound a bit off in the chorus. 6.5/10

5. This song is cute... talks about how he wants to be rockstar xD. Memorable beat. 7/10

6. *yawn* pretty boring. Though I do like the parts right before the chorus.. 2/10

7. I was confused... the vocalist kept repeating, "태양을 건너" which is the title of the 2nd song... I was like, wait, did they put 2 of the same song!? After many listens... no they are different. As I said, the 2nd song wasn't memorable...and I think this one is some sort of 2nd version. Anywho, this version is better. 6.5/10

8. Pretty good! You have to give it a few listens though... 7/10

9. This song is pretty good... but it bugs me that the vocalist says "stage" in 2 syllables during the chorus (stai-gee .. -_-). 6/10

10. The BEST SONG in the album. Everything is perfect. I used to put this song on repeat.. 10/10

11. Softest song in the album. It's good overall... it's somewhat like rap... no, more like fast talking. Chorus is singing though. 8.5/10

Harsh right? I actually sorta LIKE this album too!

Rocket Diary sounds a lot like the American band, The Ataris. Especially the vocals: a bit husky. (If you don't mind American bands, definitely check them out!). They're a bit like Jimmy Eat World too..the music is pretty similar. I like Rocket Diary because they're a breath of fresh air, and even though the punk scene in Korea is pretty much nonexistant, this band pulls it off very well.

Overall, the album is a good start. I look forward to their future works. You MUST check out the song "Tonight." If you like it, I suggest you look into the whole album. You can listen to the song, "District 13" here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=245721475

4/5

*note*: I think it will be only natural that a lot of the reviews will be 4/5 or 5/5 ... I spent like 30min doing this, and I definitely wouldn't have if I didn't like it, you know?

Guest lucky*13

Don't Don (돈돈)

12th member, Kyu Hun.

Kyuhyun is the 13th member, not 12th. I believe Kibum or Ryeowook is the 12th. I think it's Ryeowook.

Don't Dun is definately the best!! Their theme is really good also.

But it's kind of the same as DBSK's 1st Album/Single Tri-Angle.

All the people of Earth, they lost love, they are tired of hearing, all the bad things going on earth.

Same concept, different wordings, but still oh so good.

At least I think the rhythm is good also. (:

Cheerful Sensibility (Album)

l_p1004878589.jpg

1. 사랑앓이
  2. 행복합니다
  3. 천둥
  4. 한사람맘
  5. 집착
  6. 남자의 첫사랑은 무덤까지 간다
  7. 하지말래요
  8. FT Island
  9. Reo Reo
  10. Primadonna
  11. 마중
  12. 사랑하는 법을 몰라서
  13. 첫키스

It's their first album they've ever made since they debuted in 2007, which is this year. Their newest MV that was relased on October 5th, I thought that was a the best MV they've ever made. Unlike other MVs where they have the celebrities stand in front of the camera and acts very emotional, this MV has a plot. It is as if you are watching a mini 20 minutes-short-drama. The whole album has a great beat when they are using the bass and drums. Like what others might say, this whole track song titles is all about love, I actually agree. I recommend "남자의 첫사랑은 무덤까지 간다", "천둥", and "한사람맘".

[Ratings (from a scale of 1 to 5):] : 5/5

[also indicate whether you would like your work to be appeared on soompi's main site]

If soompiers thinks it's good, then maybe.

EVAN - HARD to BREATH

EVAN1JIB.jpg

01. Intro

02. This song

03. 남자도...어쩔 수 없다 (MV)

04. Eternal sunshine

05. 사랑은...

06. 반 (半)

07. 날 위로하지 않는 밤

08. 위로 (Such A Good Place)

09. Overcome

10. Where is your heart

11. All about your love

12. Always in my head

13. 우리 이쩌면 만약에...

Five years later after his farewell with Click-B, Yoo Ho Suk now known as Evan debuted his first solo album “Hard to Breath” under former H.O.T member Tony An Entertainment. I was unsure of what to expect from this album since Evan debuted with Click-B at a very young age. However, do not let his good looks fool you! Evan is now all grown up with strong in-depth vocal, a unique music style and a completely difference image.

Expect to see a lot more from Evan in the future. His current album satisfied high expectations. Most of the songs on this album are R&B ballads, however occasionally you will hear an upbeat song like “All about your love” or one of my favorite songs on this album “Eternal Sunshine”. Also, do not forget to listen to "Where is your heart" a song that not only has a catchy beat but also shows versatility. This is a great album, I enjoy listening to every songs. Although, it might take you a while to really understand the in-dept of this album, due to it complexity. It is WORTH IT~

His debut music video “Even men feel helpless” track no.3 is however, somewhat disappointing, I did not find the music video interesting at all due to it lack of originality. The music video itself somewhat remind me of “Epik High – Fan” where Epik High music video is a lot more interesting to watch. Although, I understand that the song is suppose to be a slow R&B ballad but did it really have to bore the audience that much? What is so interesting about looking at man tie to a chair for almost 4 minutes? It is a good thing that Evan is extremely good-looking; if it were not for his good looks, I would not even watch the whole video. Overall, the music video did not do the song any justice! In my opinion if this music video has an interesting storyline and a good concept, it would have boosted Evan popularity to a completely new level because his album is simply amazing. I recommend this album to everyone, go get it! After listening to the album you would wonder what really happen to him while making this album (is he heart broken? love sick? depress?) it is so passionate and personal that I felt his pain.

Album rating:

5/5

However, if you completely hate slow song it would be 4/5

Yes, let everyone know they need to go out and buy this album!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hitorijime

Enjel (엔젤) - Vol. 1 My name Is Enjel

ka0012159ov2.jpg

1 My Name Is EnJel (Featuring TKO Of Trespass)

2 Holla Back (Featuring 237 Of Mighty Mouth)

3 Pop (Featuring Annie K)

4 Out (Featuring Shorry J Of Mighty Mouth)

5 마지막 전화

6 Skit : Phone Call

7 현장고발 Cheaters (Featuring Annie K)

8 따라와 (Featuring 태완 A.k.a C-Luv)

9 Make Up (Featuring N-Son Of V.I.P)

10 바보야 (1003)...

11 이대로 사랑할까봐 (Featuring 태완 A.k.a C-Luv)

12 Special Night (Featuring Vasco)

13 떠날까봐

Former CLEO member, Enjel isn't a rookie in the music industry. However, 2007 is a new year for the young singer, as she begins her journey as a solo singer. Leaving the CLEO image behind, My Name Is Enjel offers a new side with the singer adapting to the sexier look and sound. With that said, don't push Enjel aside as another "sexy" singer as she has quite the voice. My Name Is Enjel is a good album for fans of Hip-hop and R&B, with Enjel collaborating with numerous artists such as Annie K.

POP (featuring Annie K) is something that you can expect from any sexy singer nowadays in the Korean pop industry. Thumping beats, sliding vocals and also a rather provocative music video to go along, it's all there. However, the song still remains surprisingly catchy and the rap added by Annie K definitely heightens the tracks performance. Enjel also gives quite a powerful vocal performance by the end of the song, that might make you think twice before you throw the album away.

Don't expect the album to be full of just the same sounding R&B and Hip-hop tracks. OUT is a surprisingly catchy R&B track that uses a much more toned down sound. Flowing chorus' and great vocal control from Enjel also make this a highlight on the album. Songs like Majimak Hwa and Baboya are able to express Enjel's clear and enjoyable vocals by changing the sound to elegant and graceful ballads.

Overall, don't pass this album up or expect it to turn out like some other albums released by the sexy Kpop squad this year. This album has definitely proven that Enjel has the potential to be a powerhouse artist. Some songs may sound similar, but there are definitely some very good tracks that stand out and might even amaze you.

Rating: 3/5

*This review can be added to the soompi site.

Guest Hitorijime

Wonder Girls - Vol. 1 The Wonder Years

wondergirlsvol1pv5.jpg

01 . I wanna

02 . 이 바보

03 . Tell me (Sampling from “Two Of Hearts”)

04 . Friend

05 . Headache

06 . 뭐 어때(Feat. David Kim)

07 . Wishing on a star

08 . Move(Feat. 이민우 for MRISING Entertainment)

09 . 가져가

10 . Good bye

11 . Bad boy

12 . 미안한 마음

13 . Irony

With numerous new boybands and girlgroups coming out in the recent year, its hard to push them apart and see which ones really stand out. However, if there is one girlgroup that has proven that they don't need to follow the natural order, it is the Wonder Girls. Debuting early in the year with the hit Irony, these girls have gotten quite a solid fanbase, with their smooth dance moves and strong vocal abilities. However, will their debut album match up to that of their successful hit single?

Tell me would be considered a swift change for those who got into the girls through their debut song, Irony. Instead of a heavy pounding R&B track, we are instead given a light 80's retro pop song. One might then be turned off by just that. 80's music? No one likes 80's music. However, listen to this song and you'll be hooked. Through their airy vocals, classy dance moves and a hilarious music video, it wouldn't be surprising seeing yourself singing along to the song before long. Maybe this'll help you get over the fear of trying an ancient genre.

If that isn't all, old fans will enjoy listening to past favourites such as 미안한 마음, Bad Boy or the ever amazing, Irony. New songs such as I wanna, a fast paced flying disco track or the freaky, yet catchy dance track, Headache, might also capture your attention. Maybe you prefer a gentle ballad, such as Friend or a smooth midtempo R&B track such as 가져가, this album has quite the variety for many music fans.

In the end, be sure to check out the Wonder Girls album, as you might find yourself either dancing or singing along to several songs on this fun album.

Guest Hitorijime

Byul (별) - Vol. 4 Her Story

ka0012472sh1.jpg

01 . 미워도 좋아

02 . 연애의 정석 (feat. TK)

03 . 열한번

04 . 물풍선(12월 32일 그 이후...)

05 . 세상의 반 (feat. HOODY)

06 . 단꿈 (드라마 '오버 더 레인보우' OST)

07 . Yes I am

08 . 투정 (feat. DYNY - MIC)

09 . 잊혀진 것들 속으로

10 . 서툰 기대

11 . 마음이 (영화 '마음이' OST)

Byul, who is mainly known for singing the theme song I think I... for the popular drama, Full House (featuring Rain & Song Hye Kyo), has finally hit 2007 with her 4th album. Vol. 4 shows Byul taking a large step up with not only heartwrenching ballads that she is popular for, but also with different styles involved. It's no wonder she's called Star, as this album is perfect for fans.

미워도 좋아 is used as the title track and it's no wonder why. A heartwrenching ballad that shows off not only Byul's strong voice but also her emotion, Byul has definitely proven herself with just this. A gentle piano to start it off, followed by a beautiful underlying string arrangement, new and old fans will definitely see themselves humming to this song about hating and loving someone. If that's not all, Byul pushes beyond the boundaries of what she normally does, by incorporating a huskier sound in her voice. Don't pass this song up for another Kpop ballad, as Byul might prove you wrong.

Other good songs on the album include 단꿈, a charming ballad with a captivating melody, that allows Byul to once again fuse her voice and emotion into one. For those who want something a little more upbeat, R&B fans will have a great time with 투정, a unusual change for Byul. Don't be surprised if you find yourself bobbing your head to this one, as the use of background vocals with the catchy and light melody will definitely stick in your head for quite a while.

All in all, try the album out. Byul has definitely shown a large improvement when compared to previous works. Not only does she try out different genres, but does them with ease. With that said, Byul does a great job with her strongest area, ballads, so fans should not worry.

Archived