Filming starts Mid June.

CAST

Oh ManSuk - Kim CuhSun

img1_1.jpg

Goo Hyesun - Yoon SoHwa

img2_1.jpg

Ko JuWon - King SungJoong

img3_1.jpg

Lee Jin - Queen JungHyun (The 3rd queen/concubine)

img3_txt1.jpg

Queen KongHae (The 1st Queen/Concubine)

img3_txt2.jpg

For more cast go here.

SYNOPSIS

The drama is about the life of Kim CuhSun who is a loyal and faithful eunuch who becomes the attendant of various Kings such as the 5th King, MoonJoong and the 10th King, YunSan Goon, during the Chosun Era.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C51236

wasnt jung yoon suk in jumong??? he played little yuri rite?? also soooo happy to see that goo hye sun is in a new drama... wow she really likes dramas that film for long periods of times doesnt she???

*suhdong's song

*pure 19

now

*king and i

interesting... cant wait

Guest loving_D

lee jin? it's about time she snagged a drama. she's been MIA for so long.

glad to see goo hye sun in another drama. =)

Guest vannessave

Thanks a lot for starting this thread I have been looking for information on this show for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Solly

OMG! LEE JIN IS COMING BACK!!! :DDDDDDDD

OH MAN SUK <333333 FINALLY YOU ARE BACK

WITH A NEW DRAMA! ToT ToT ToT

haha~ can't wait to see this xDDDD 50 episodes??

aiya~ well~ for oh man suk i can do it! lol! xDDDD

Guest C51236

i was intrigued about the plot of this drama after reading this post from shirley from another thread....

SBS 왕과 나 [ The King And I ] , i think is scheduled to be boardcast on 20 August .

http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200705/06/d...50602.692.0.jpg

Cast : Oh ManSuk , Goo Hyesun , Lee Jin

Oh Man Suk is casted as the main lead role of famous eunuch Kim Cheo Seon . The story will span the period during the regin of various Kings during the Chosun Dynasty : from the 5th King Mudong to 10th King, Yeonsan Goon [燕山君] .

Goo Hyesun plays Lady Yoon who was a concubine to the 9th King Seongjong . And she is a woman whom Kim Cheo Seon is in love with .

Due to the death of his Queen, the King was asked to choose a new queen and Lady Yoon was choosen . She gave birth to a son who is Yeonsan Goon . However, later she was ordered into exile . The Queen who replaced her was Queen JungHyun which will be play by Lee Jin .

PS: if you had watch the movie The King and Clown , that king in the movie is Yeonsan Goon, the mad king . In that movie , it also revealed what happen to his mother . the deposed queen yoon. And eunuch Kim Cheo Seon also was in that movie , the faithful servant to the King .

so i googled 9th King Seongjong becuz i wanted to know what happened to queen yoon that resulted in her exile... apparently she was jealous of the king's concubines living in the palace... tried to poison one of them.. dont know if she succeeded or not... she attacked the king... the queen mother ( king's mother) found out and she was exile... queen yoon was the second queen after the first queen died w/o a son... she gave birth to the king's first son who would later become the crown prince and later the king who is known as Yeonsan Goon...

i really hope what happened to her in real life doesnt happen to her as well... so i'm guessing that oh man suk will have a one sided love for her...

highlight if you want to know what happened to queen yoon ----->

she was poisoned and died.. her son found out what really happened to his mother and was bascially soooo pissed... he killed the ppl who had a hand in what happened to her...(i.e. his grandmother, court officials, scholars....)

here's the site... it's wikipedia so the info may not be accurate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seongjong_of_Joseon (husband of queen yoon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeonsangun_of_Joseon (son of queen yoon) you might find more about her at this site..

btw will this drama be subbed??? i know it's a really long drama with 50 episodes but will it be subbed??? in chinese or english????

will anybody be uploading this drama on veoh, youtube, or dailymotion so that the ppl who dont want to download it can view it????

thanks....just want to know...

Guest mlsblue88

so excited, the story line sounds really interesting, and I CAN'T wait to see LEE JIN again...it's been so long...thanks for the info!!

Guest aircastles

This seems rather interesting.

And I'd like to see Lee Jin and Oh Man-suk in historic attires.

August 20th, though? That's a long wait.

Guest sparklinghugs

goo hyesun and lee jin eh? must watch this. although i don't see them in a historcal drama. i see goo hyesun as a cute type like she was in new nonstop and her other drama (blanking out). but darn it, airs after august? i'll download it and watch it during break. xp

Archived