Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Solution: Converting Youtube and other .flv files*

Replies

• DKYangDKYang Like my mask? FloridaPosts: 3,319Member
    QUOTE(jcwc @ Apr 25 2007, 10:00 PM) »
    hey all, there's no button for me to click n convert! how?

Weird. Try right clicking in and outside of the box and see if there is an encode button or if you can somehow get that bottom section up.

Either that or try reinstalling it.
    click on me!
  • jcwcjcwc singaporePosts: 1,417Member
    edited April 2007
    this is the 2nd time i installed it. the 1st time there was no bottom section too, so i d/led an installed a newer version, but still it doesnt wrk! is ther any shortcut key/right click function for me to use so i can convert?

-edit-
    ok nvm, probelm solved, the bottom section appears now image
    but the thing is, before i do the conversion, can i see roughly how big the output file will be? cos i tried to convert a 289mb .rmvb file (its a 1hr drama) to a mp4 file, the video scale size no change, and bitrate at 1536kbps. after about 4 hrs, and as the conversion was going on, i saw that the output file size kept increasing (naturally) until it became almost 700mb and i was so shocked because i didnt expect the output file size to be that huge and moreover, it was still converting after 4 hrs and i had no idea when it would finish converting!!

so i just have 2 qns:

1) if i change the video scale size to 320:240, and change the bitrate to 960kbps, will converting be faster and the output file smaller?
    2) how can i see how much it has converted, or much of the video is there left to convert?
    when its converting, i just see the green bar increasing, and when it reaches the end, the whole green bar disappears and starts from the beginning again. below the green bar i see the file name eg: C:\downloads\choon hyang.rmvb, and next to it, under output stauts, there is nothing. if this correct?
    imageimage

• jEmInUs_03jEmInUs_03 Posts: 68Member
    thanks so much for this.. i've been looking around for a good viedo converter.. wil give it a try.. image
    재중정수지용준수영생혜성브라이언성민Se7en태빈지운우혁
    BoAEugene현진리인
    QUOTE(jcwc @ Apr 27 2007, 09:26 AM) »
    this is the 2nd time i installed it. the 1st time there was no bottom section too, so i d/led an installed a newer version, but still it doesnt wrk! is ther any shortcut key/right click function for me to use so i can convert?

-edit-
    ok nvm, probelm solved, the bottom section appears now image
    but the thing is, before i do the conversion, can i see roughly how big the output file will be? cos i tried to convert a 289mb .rmvb file (its a 1hr drama) to a mp4 file, the video scale size no change, and bitrate at 1536kbps. after about 4 hrs, and as the conversion was going on, i saw that the output file size kept increasing (naturally) until it became almost 700mb and i was so shocked because i didnt expect the output file size to be that huge and moreover, it was still converting after 4 hrs and i had no idea when it would finish converting!!

so i just have 2 qns:

1) if i change the video scale size to 320:240, and change the bitrate to 960kbps, will converting be faster and the output file smaller?
    2) how can i see how much it has converted, or much of the video is there left to convert?
    when its converting, i just see the green bar increasing, and when it reaches the end, the whole green bar disappears and starts from the beginning again. below the green bar i see the file name eg: C:\downloads\choon hyang.rmvb, and next to it, under output stauts, there is nothing. if this correct?

The reason why it's around 700 MB is because it's an hour long. The longer the video, the bigger the file is. That's why HQ files of dramas are 700 MB while the LQ files are around 150 MB.

1) You can give it a try, but if it's a different ratio than the original then it'll probably take longer.
    2) You can't see how much is left with this converter. For me, unter output status is blank.
    click on me!
  • infinityyyinfinityyy BATTLE WINNER. infinity and beyond!Posts: 5,431Member
    Thank you bunches for the program!! image

I used Cinema Forge but it seemed to leave sound sound defects in my videos O__O
    __________________________________________BATTLE♥
    e8636cht0.jpg
    +WE LOVE SHINHWA! Happy 13 years, 신화 & 신화창조!!!♥
  • lilsh0rtnancylilsh0rtnancy Posts: 3,072Friend of Soompi
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for sharing!

I have a question, after I've converted the files to a DVD file (MPEGII), can I just use Nero and burn it as a DVD file? I have a DVD burner, so would that work?

Thanks.

Edit: Everytime I try to download this program my Norton Anti-Virus detects a virus image
  • babycuriousbabycurious Ohsaka GakuenPosts: 608Member
    here's a small question :
    how to combine 7/8/9 files of downloaded flv files from youtube into 1 file ? because I want to burn it to CD, and watch it at TV
    thank you to whoever that give me the answer
    when he died, his eyes were closed and his heart was opened
  • MoiraEllaMoiraElla Posts: 1,812Member
    hi i'm kind of confused, i tried to dl this ONLY to view the video i dled which is in .flv! BUT when i try to dl it, it brings me to nowhere. i'm confused...what does this do actually.....thanks =)
    It converts anything into anything basically. Search it on download.com, it'll probably be easier to find it over there.
    click on me!
  • skylloskyllo Posts: 809Member

ROOKIE

Super is great! I tried Total Video Converter. I wasn't able to register it for free within 15 days so everytime I want to register it now, it says I have to pay for it and I'm a cheapskate so I don't want to purchase it. When I used TVC, my videos have labels on the upper left hand corner which is a bummer. The great thing about TVC if im not mistaken is you can convert DVD files into something else using it (please correct me if im wrong). Anyways, I uninstalled it because I already have Super. It doesn't leave labels on the converted video. And I can even make gif files using it.

• MySungie89MySungie89 the city of angels.. LA,CAPosts: 348Member
    hi... i just tried to DL this program and filesend said that it expired or something.. i tried to find it on download.com but i can't seem to find it.. can someone please repost the link for the program? please and thank you!~<3
    Official Shin Hye Sung thread here --> ~SHiN HYESUNG <3~

SuJu!~ Ye Sung ~
    KangTeuk <3 forever >//<

GALE HAROLD is GOD <3 B/J Forever~

사랑은 바보만 하는것이 아니란걸 명심하길...

*Credits for b-set don't belong to me.. I can't remember where I got any of my avatars and banners from >.<
    QUOTE(MySungie89 @ May 31 2007, 05:46 AM) »
    hi... i just tried to DL this program and filesend said that it expired or something.. i tried to find it on download.com but i can't seem to find it.. can someone please repost the link for the program? please and thank you!~<3

It still works for me.

Go here: http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html and scroll down all the way to the bottom.
    click on me!
  • prizzyyprizzyy ?? <3 Singapore(:Posts: 1,361Friend of Soompi
    edited June 2007
  • skylloskyllo Posts: 809Member

ROOKIE

edited June 2007
    DOWNLOAD SUPER:

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

you will be led to http://www.erightsoft.net/Superdc.html

then you will be led to http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

im sure some of you will try to skip the first fews links and just go to http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html right away, but you will be redirected to http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

i also had the same prob downloading super because i cannot find the download link, but i figured it out after a few attempts. lol

edited June 2007
    ^OMGSH!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Wow... such a detailed description x] Once again, thanks!!~ <3

--edit

sorry.. but i have another question.. >.<;;

i tried converting and i think everything is working well but is there no progress bar? also, i added the files and pressed encode but nothing really seems to happen... am i doing something wrong or is that how it just converts?

--edit

nvm.. it did finish.. but instead of saving the video as a video file.. it saves it as just a "File". what am i doing wrong. this is what i'm doing to get the vids off of youtube

1. right click and go to add media streaming links
    2. put in to web address
    3. click encode

the file that's created is just that.. a file.. so i tried converting that but i get error. i know that it isn't supposed to convert to just a file.. can someone please help me? Please and thank you!

SuJu!~ Ye Sung ~
    KangTeuk <3 forever >//<

*Credits for b-set don't belong to me.. I can't remember where I got any of my avatars and banners from >.<
    What is it converting too then? Right click the converted file and see if the file extension is there.

Maybe something happened to the flv file you downloaded. Try it again.
    click on me!
  • MoiraEllaMoiraElla Posts: 1,812Member
    edited June 2007
    edited June 2007
    DKYang: Okay... so I tried again. And it didn't work. I'm sorry but I have absolutely NO CLUE what to do. Like I tried changing the options but that doesn't do anything. The steps I stated above IS how to do it right? Click on add a media streaming link, paste address, click ok, click encode/save. Right?

Okay so the video I want is from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCwyALAF4M&NR=1 but after I press encode it says buffering for like 2 seconds and the output info shows up on the right under output. And when I check My Documents I see this file. The icon's the one that looks like a piece of paper with a window on it with mini icons, the one that usually shows up for an unidentifiable file... I think. Anyway, that's what happens. Am I doing something wrong here? T^T I REALLY REALLY REALLY want these videos but I can't seem to make heads or tails of this program. Help? Please and thank you!~

PS: What does the icon for a flv. file look like?

SuJu!~ Ye Sung ~
    KangTeuk <3 forever >//<

QUOTE(MySungie89 @ Jun 3 2007, 01:47 AM) »
    DKYang: Okay... so I tried again. And it didn't work. I'm sorry but I have absolutely NO CLUE what to do. Like I tried changing the options but that doesn't do anything. The steps I stated above IS how to do it right? Click on add a media streaming link, paste address, click ok, click encode/save. Right?

Okay so the video I want is from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCwyALAF4M&NR=1 but after I press encode it says buffering for like 2 seconds and the output info shows up on the right under output. And when I check My Documents I see this file. The icon's the one that looks like a piece of paper with a window on it with mini icons, the one that usually shows up for an unidentifiable file... I think. Anyway, that's what happens. Am I doing something wrong here? T^T I REALLY REALLY REALLY want these videos but I can't seem to make heads or tails of this program. Help? Please and thank you!~

PS: What does the icon for a flv. file look like?

I'm not sure how to help you now except cleaning registry and etc. If I saw the problem I would probably be able to help out.

There is no icon for flv files, unless you assigned flv files to be opened by a certain program, it's just a regular icon. When you open it, it asks you to open through a list of programs or go online.
    click on me!
  • .deepassion..deepassion. floating in the vicinity of cloud 9Posts: 32Member
    edited June 2007
    Hey, thanks for the upload of this converter. I had such a hard time with RIVA and some other converters so I just gave up on converting. haha... ^^;; but everyone makes this one sound so interesting, I'm downloading it right now. I can't wait to try it out. ^^ Thanks!

--deepasion

EDIT!!!

Okay, I got the program installed and everything, however when I tried to convert my .flv to mpeg-4 the status came back as an Error. Here is a ScreenShot of the settings I used etc. Please, help me if you can. Thanks a bunchies. ^^
    .d e e p a s s i o n.

Current Work(s): Transcending Time && Memories in a Tattered Box
    Infatuated and Intrigued by: Akuma && Fragments && Masterpiece
    my iPod: Music