Speed Racer -live Action Movie-

Guest JiNi;

Guest JiNi;

American production
Speedracerposter.jpg

All Reuters Movie News

Christina Ricci gears up for "Speed Racer"

Saturday April 14 1:03 PM ET

Christina Ricci is joining "Matrix" creators Larry and Andy Wachowski's live-action adaptation of the 1960s cartoon "Speed Racer."

Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon and John Goodman already have boarded the high-octane Warner Bros. project, which is based on the anime series created by Tatsuo Yoshida for Japanese audiences and later imported to the U.S.

"Speed" centers on a young race car driver, Speed (Hirsch), and his quest for glory in his thundering, gadget-laden vehicle Mach 5. Ricci will star as Speed's girlfriend Trixie, his formidable ally on and off the track.

ADVERTISEMENT

The show revolved around Speed's family. In the big-screen adaptation, Goodman will play Pops, a race car owner and builder. Sarandon is on board as Pops' wife, the backbone of the family as well as the Mach 5 Go Racing Team.

The Wachowskis, who are writing and directing, are eyeing a summer shoot in Berlin with a summer 2008 release.

The casting is a change in direction for Ricci, who has tended to star in such indie-oriented fare as "Monster," "Penelope" and the recent "Black Snake Moan." She also appeared on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," a turn that earned her an Emmy nomination last year.

hmmm here we go again :P hope its good~

Rain(Bi) is Taejo Togokhan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MissMonika

While my faith in American production of comic book/video games movies is small, I really hope this turns out to be at least a decent movie.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JiNi;

And supposely Rain will starr in this movie as well :)

Of what role is not confirmed yet but he'll be attending a press conference in Berlin at the end of this month.

Guest Soy

ahh PLEASE do not mess u p this movie .. haha i love speed racer and if they kill this .. i will hate .. movies forever

And supposely Rain will starr in this movie as well :)

Of what role is not confirmed yet but he'll be attending a press conference in Berlin at the end of this month.

:w00t:

Rain should be racer X! lol so what if he's asian and the main guy is white

lol who cares.

I loved him in the cartoon lol

Guest monchichi

I wonder if they'll be talking the same in the movie as they did in the Eng dub of the anime hahahaha...

Oh well, I liked the Matrix movie, so I hope this one will be just as good!!

Guest Access DENIED

ick..not the Wachowskis. I feel that Speed Racer will be lackluster because of these guys. The first matrix was all right, but not the sequels. V for vendetta was mediocre.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Happy_Day

So I heard Racer X is Matthew Fox?! I love him in Lost woohoo!!!! :)

I wonder what role Bi will have.. Is there an Asian role in the original cartoon?

Guest joyyang

Rain Lands Part in Hollywood Movie

The Korean singer and actor Rain has a foot in the door in Hollywood after being cast in "Speed Racer," the next film by the Wachowski brothers, who created "The Matrix." Rain is to play a character who takes part in high-speed car races to secure his father's company. RainЎЇs manager claimed the K-pop starЎЇs role "holds the key to the movie.Ў± Ў°Though it is a supporting role, Rain will manage the flow of the movie between the two main parts." The characterЎЇs name has not been decided.

He was picked by the director after competing with 20 Asian actors including top stars in Asia. Rain met with the Wachowski bothers at Berlin in April. He will participate in a production press conference in Berlin on May 31, and start filming in the German capital for two months after finishing his world tour in June.

"Speed Racer" is based on the popular Japanese animation "Mach Go Go." The movie is expected to be released next May and cost W260 billion (US$1=W924). Emile Hirsch, who starred in "The Girl Next Door," is to play the hero Speed. Oscar-winning actress Susan Sarandon, John Goodman, Christina Ricci will also appear in supporting roles.

"It is my debut in Hollywood. I will do my best, taking each step cautiously,Ў± Rain was quoted in a press release as saying. It is the singerЎЇs second movie role after "I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK" directed by Park Chan-wook. Park Joong-hoon was the first Korean actor to appear in a Hollywood movie.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0705170015.html

creadits: asianfanaticsforum

Archived