P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I think you'll be quite surprised that certain food that may seem harmless to us will be poisonous and toxic to pets. You may not realise it, but by the time your pet suffers the ill-effects of having eaten food not meant for him, it'll be too late. We should never assume that human food is safe for pets.

Some foods that are toxic for pets include chocolate, onions, grapes, garlic, pear & apple pips, raisins, macadamia nuts, avocado.

I think we should all be responsible pet owners and learn what is best for the animals we care for. They are different from us and we should feed them food that is best for them, not what we think is best for them simply because it is okay for us.

:blink:

Well considering he's turning 16 and perfectly fine from the food I've been feeding him (I have a big fat poster on my wall that has a big red circle over it and says "DO NOT FEED" <3 & thanks for confirming it for me ^__^ I just read it online somewhere and had to make sure nobody else in my house feeds him them :|!) I can live with my assumptions. He doesn't eat anything but boiled chicken/beef/fish and rice/home-made crackers, and the occasional treat of dog food ^^

OH AND I HAVE A QUESTION (probably common sense but..I'm lacking it atm)

will small dogs and cats fight? like..if I leave them at home? they're both trained, and they don't seem to hate each other when I'm there..but whenever I go to sleep sometimes I hear fighting outside in the living room :| and when I go out to see what it is..my smaller dog (I have one ooooooold husky + one tiny pom) runs under the couch and the cat runs into my room. I don't get it.. ><

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^I'm gonna take a random stab at it: The cat is smart enough not to scrap with your dog so it won't get in trouble...

OR it may be a territorial kind of thing when you're not around.

Guest `faded

I have a year old dog...half german shepherd and half border collie..let me tell you..she's a freakishly energetic dog -___-..gosh damn it..LOL..although she's sooooo smart..she knows how to open doors o_O...she loves to catch balls up in the air..she learns tricks pretty fast..and she can be pretty naughty when she wants to be -_-..LOL..

like one time my mom scolded her for doing something..she sniffed at all the shoes on the floor...and found my mom's shoe..and peed on it..and I mean the aim was pretty damn good LOL...I was like WTH hahaha..

and ya..we feed her strictly dog food =)..wet dog food I heard has mold and fungi..so NEVER FEED IT THAT aiy..we give my dog carrots, apples, pears, watermelon, and rice..and they're all ok for the dog..=)

Guest orphannies

OH AND I HAVE A QUESTION (probably common sense but..I'm lacking it atm)

will small dogs and cats fight? like..if I leave them at home? they're both trained, and they don't seem to hate each other when I'm there..but whenever I go to sleep sometimes I hear fighting outside in the living room :| and when I go out to see what it is..my smaller dog (I have one ooooooold husky + one tiny pom) runs under the couch and the cat runs into my room. I don't get it.. ><

they're just "playing around" :lol: I have a yorkie and the few instances that he is outside and the neighborhood cats are also in our backyard, they both just tend to keep away from each other. actually my dog just goes about sniffing and what not paying no attention to the cat.

my guess is, one of them is getting territorial....thus you hear the fighting.

Guest JF21©

YAY!! the pet thread!! *jumps up and down*

now here's the deal with my cat Kitty:

whenever i'm walking down the hallway or something he always like tries to walk between my feet..it's really annoying..and once i even stepped on him :tears:...why do cats do this?! does anybody know what i'm talking about? how can i make him stop doing that...i'm scared that he's gonna get hurt..

Guest AMIbunny

Um.. I have a question.. is there something wrong with my puppy if his tounge is black? :blink:

no actually theres nothing wrong . some dogs have black tongues :P

Guest orphannies

Um.. I have a question.. is there something wrong with my puppy if his tounge is black? :blink:

um...was it black before or did you just notice it now? what kind of dog is your puppy? is the puppy a chow or a sharpaes? or a mix? if he/she is a chow or sharpaes (or mix with chow or sharpaes) then its normal. They tend to have black tongues....

YAY!! the pet thread!! *jumps up and down*

now here's the deal with my cat Kitty:

whenever i'm walking down the hallway or something he always like tries to walk between my feet..it's really annoying..and once i even stepped on him :tears:...why do cats do this?! does anybody know what i'm talking about? how can i make him stop doing that...i'm scared that he's gonna get hurt..

My cat does that too sometimes. I interpret it as his way of showing affection - or sometimes just being naughty and wanting to play with you. If you don't want him doing that, next time lift him away from your feet with a firm "No". They usually get it after a while.

If you do accidentally step on your cat, just hug him and say sorry. :D

Guest lovehunter12

>_< i freakin love animals...

I hope this thread would be able to post pics of their pets..

I used to have pets : dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles, fishes, monkeys, rabbits and raccoons.

I want a Persian / Angora cat so badly right now...

Guest mailyn

My cat does that too sometimes. I interpret it as his way of showing affection - or sometimes just being naughty and wanting to play with you. If you don't want him doing that, next time lift him away from your feet with a firm "No". They usually get it after a while.

If you do accidentally step on your cat, just hug him and say sorry. :D

Actually dogs do this too except that most are big enough where they can't wrap themselves around your legs, however, my two big dogs have tripped me and mo mom a few times because they walk [or try to] between our legs. The worse is when you have a little dog. I've a little one who is around 10 pounds only so it's kind of like a cat. She does do that and yes, we've stepped on her little feet before but we've learned to just be extra careful when she is around. I guess they do this as a sign of affection ya know? They love you so much they just want to be on top of you 24/7. :)

Guest orphannies

Actually dogs do this too except that most are big enough where they can't wrap themselves around your legs, however, my two big dogs have tripped me and mo mom a few times because they walk [or try to] between our legs. The worse is when you have a little dog. I've a little one who is around 10 pounds only so it's kind of like a cat. She does do that and yes, we've stepped on her little feet before but we've learned to just be extra careful when she is around. I guess they do this as a sign of affection ya know? They love you so much they just want to be on top of you 24/7. :)

I know exactly what you mean. My dog weights just a little over 10lbs and hes a little sneaky one. Most of the time I don't even know I've stepped on him, I just hear him squeal :( He's stopped trying to walk in btwn my legs now though. But his new thing now is to sneak up behind me, I still step on him once in a while though :mellow:

Guest Malice_Kaiser

@JuicyFruit, is your cat trying to rub up against your legs? Cats rubbing up against you, yes, is a sign of affection. More specifically it's like they're marking their territory ("I love you; you're mine." type of thing, heh heh :D ). My cats do it all the time, it's so cute. X.X One of 'em always gets all up in the way every morning getting ready for school, running around me and between my legs. I just pick her up and carry her around with me. ^^;

Guest abouboo

question... ok i have a turtle.. the ones you buy at china town :sweatingbullets:

anyways i had him for like 1 year now. i feed him shrimp stuff, but for some reason he stopped eating it. My friend's mom says that turtles hibernate during the winter, but i dunno if what she said was true.. can someone help me? :ph34r:

Guest kodou

Is it still okay to spay/neuter your cat/dog even if they're over a year old?

And how much does the operations cost usually?

Guest koumi

question... ok i have a turtle.. the ones you buy at china town :sweatingbullets:

anyways i had him for like 1 year now. i feed him shrimp stuff, but for some reason he stopped eating it. My friend's mom says that turtles hibernate during the winter, but i dunno if what she said was true.. can someone help me? :ph34r:

i would contact any pet store and ask what are the turtle's diet. You could probably bring it in and ask if they are familiar with your turtle. Also, contact the vet and see what they say as well. I really doubt just feeding him shrimp will do. He probably needs more nutrient than that.

Is it still okay to spay/neuter your cat/dog even if they're over a year old?

And how much does the operations cost usually?

It's never too late to get your dog/cat fixed. As for the cost of the operation, it depends on the vet clinic but I don't think it'll cost that much. Maybe within 100 or so. The animal shelter would be cheaper to get it down then your nearby vet clinic. You should contact the animal shelter and vet to see how much it cost. Also, any questions you have about getting your pets fixed. It never hurts to call and ask.

Guest JiNi;

no actually theres nothing wrong . some dogs have black tongues :P

ook thanks cuz my parents thought it was weird XD

And ya my puppy is mixed with chow :)

I have another question..

My puppy has stopped eating for like almost a week now o_o'' he refuses to eat his dog food. I give him IAMS.. is that the dogfood that had the poisoning???

Guest koumi

ook thanks cuz my parents thought it was weird XD

And ya my puppy is mixed with chow :)

I have another question..

My puppy has stopped eating for like almost a week now o_o'' he refuses to eat his dog food. I give him IAMS.. is that the dogfood that had the poisoning???

Here's list of all the dog food that's been recalled.

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

For those owning a cat,

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

My friend send me a link and thank goodness none of my dog food is listed. Make sure to check the date and item number they listed.

Archived