[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some questons regarding EP 18.

Did TB ever tell DJ why he was doing construction work? Or what his reason was? Did he mention what happened b/w him and DJ's mom at the restaurant?

Also, the ending illustration...compared to SD's face, isn't TB's face much more pale? The wings on SD's is likely that overseas job opportunity? But what about TB's?

And that imagery...the blood streaming from TB's head, his eyes rolling back, the uneven breathing and then it quickly switches to the jerking fish (struggling in its moments of death?? or was it still alive?) and the first person to take a piece off that fish dish was the ex-GF!

edit:

Furthermore, rather than calling TB insensitive, we should look to why he does what he does. Why doesn't he introduce DJ at the party? Why can't he say 'I love you' or even use the word 'love' for a person he deeply cares about?

Recall what the title of the episode is: The Earnest Things That Need To Be Thrown Away While In Love...what is the writer attempting to do w/ EP 18 with regards to this title?

Guest ovette

I have some questons regarding EP 18.

edit:

Furthermore, rather than calling TB insensitive, we should look to why he does what he does. Why doesn't he introduce DJ at the party? Why he can't say 'I love you' or even use the word 'love' for a person he deeply cares about.

Recall what the title of the episode is: The Earnest Things That Need To Be Thrown Away While In Love...what is the writer attempting to do w/ EP 18 with regards to this title?

i hope there isnt any symbolic relationship between TaeBong's accident and the live fish!

and for TaeBong's sensitivity, i think it was caused by the family situation. his father never said the words 'i love you' to his mom either. not only failing to say those words, but also for not loving his mom. i think TaeBong is careful. he never lies and he means every thing he says. he has some issues with the 3words, because if something goes wrong, those three words would even deepen the wound. im quite sad also that TaeBong cant say that he loves DalJa... they always used chowah.. so it's only to the level of LIKE. but i think for TaeBong. this is what love is already. he cant express himself further than like.

i dont understand though why TaeBong left DalJa alone in the party. for me, no matter how DalJa insisted, he should have still introduced her. but then, TaeBong is only human. maybe he was so into the moment and was thrilled to see his former colleagues that he didnt bother to really read DalJa's mind lol

episode 17& 18 were sequels of the title The Earnest Things That Need To Be Thrown Away While In Love... so what does that mean?

in ep17, it was more of DalJa. DalJa was willing to give up her pride, and establish bond with TB's mom. she also gave up her fear and just followed her heart. she dressed up well so as not to disappoint TB for the party.

in ep18 i think it's what TaeBong did for love. as we all know, he worked at a construction site so that he wont fail DalJa.

my two cent lol

THANKS SOOO MUCH WITHS2!!!! A TRIPLE TREAT!! WAY TO GO!

my take on why TB didn't introduce DJ at the party...

1. TB never wanted to be at this party. He knew DJ wanted to go, so he agreed [reference to the episode title?].

2. Though I'm not sure what DJ & TB's conversation was when they got home after the party, and this part, I'm just relying on body language here: while DJ was exhausted physically, TB was exhausted mentally. He might not have introduced DJ at the party because he doesn't want her to see him 'pretend' in front of the party guests; once she's introduced, she'll be by his side the entire night. He wants to be honest in front of her...I think that's why he was struggling so much in EP 18, he had trouble sleeping [gosh, I hope he didn't work himself to complete exhaustion at the construction site so he didn't have to think about it], but even at work he wasn't able to escape from it, cuz he was thinking of her words and her mother's words.

and 'love'...his ex-gf asking him about that...there's the chance he never said those words to her either! But I think she sees something different in his relationship w/ DJ that did not exist b/w her and him, and that could be one of the reasons why she's doing what she's doing...to understand, besides maybe wanting him back.

Guest amane~matsuo

And I also wanted to ask.. they kept on using the word tung shin? i dunno if thats the spelling.. but what does "tung shin" mean?

If you meant "Dang Shin" / 당신 ~

Well, if I`m not mistaken its a formal korean word for "YOU" and informal would be 너 ~ Neo.

^^

And that imagery...the blood streaming from TB's head, his eyes rolling back, the uneven breathing and then it quickly switches to the jerking fish (struggling in its moments of death?? or was it still alive?) and the first person to take a piece off that fish dish was the ex-GF!

without watching ep 17 & 18 yet....(cuz the gigasize link died twice on me after 3-4 hrs each time!!!! *sob sob*)

the dead fish scene reminded me of Dal-Ja's early days at her job when she was helping to prepare props for the broadcast and all the dead fish fell on her?!?!

Guest ovette

amane_matsuo nice avatar!!

i think it's TangShin too.. meaning you :)

anyway, TaeBong also adviced DalJa that the cakes were good.. i loved how TaeBong whispered in DalJa's ears, and being close to her amidst the crowd.

without watching ep 17 & 18 yet....(cuz the gigasize link died twice on me after 3-4 hrs each time!!!! *sob sob*)

the dead fish scene reminded me of Dal-Ja's early days at her job when she was helping to prepare props for the broadcast and all the dead fish fell on her?!?!

lol but i dont think it has anything got to do with it.

Guest amane~matsuo

amane_matsuo nice avatar!!

i think it's TangShin too.. meaning you :)

Aww, thanks ^^

Anyways watched DJS last night, twas episode9 and must say I really loved it~! I didn`t expect Dal Ja to be like, literally begging for affection from Tae Bong, since, Ki Jeong told her that at their age, love and passion are not really needed, but then I think not! She even paid more for a hug and a kiss..! haahaa. I want to fast forward to the next episodes..! grrr ^____^

Guest ovette

actually DalJa felt a bit insulted by what KiJeong told her, that at their age, they dont have the right for love. that's why she challenged TaeBong to show her what he got. in turn, TaeBong alsp felt insulted and kissed her just to shut her up. the part where DalJa said 'you jerk, i miss you!' was really the best part... i also loved the part where DJ and TB were holding hands, while listening to the doctor :)

Guest lurve_kdrama

lee min ki is so good at Dal Ja's spring!! he's super cute!!

i love the character his playing, he really fits to play the role!!

keep on supporting lee min ki~

* i wonder where i can download Dalja's spring episodes?*

hmmm..

Guest javabeans

Did TB ever tell DJ why he was doing construction work? Or what his reason was? Did he mention what happened b/w him and DJ's mom at the restaurant?

Furthermore, rather than calling TB insensitive, we should look to why he does what he does. Why doesn't he introduce DJ at the party? Why can't he say 'I love you' or even use the word 'love' for a person he deeply cares about?

and for TaeBong's sensitivity, i think it was caused by the family situation. his father never said the words 'i love you' to his mom either. not only failing to say those words, but also for not loving his mom. i think TaeBong is careful. he never lies and he means every thing he says. he has some issues with the 3words, because if something goes wrong, those three words would even deepen the wound. im quite sad also that TaeBong cant say that he loves DalJa... they always used chowah.. so it's only to the level of LIKE. but i think for TaeBong. this is what love is already. he cant express himself further than like.

i dont understand though why TaeBong left DalJa alone in the party. for me, no matter how DalJa insisted, he should have still introduced her. but then, TaeBong is only human. maybe he was so into the moment and was thrilled to see his former colleagues that he didnt bother to really read DalJa's mind lol

These questions are interesting, because they favor Dal Ja's side over Tae Bong, and I actually felt more for Tae Bong in Episode 18, and cringed for Dal Ja because I could feel that she was making a mistake...

At the party, Tae Bong was going to take her along when he went to greet people, but Dal Ja told him to go ahead, that there are probably lots of people he hasn't seen in a while, and not to worry about her. He asks if she's sure, and she tells him to go on. After they go home, Dal Ja starts asking questions like "That girl... you said her name was Su Jin?" And Tae Bong just goes ahead and tells her his whole history, because he knows that's what Dal Ja wants to know. They used to date, Su Jin was his first love, she dumped him for another guy, and now he's over her.

Tae Bong does tell Dal Ja he's doing construction work. She's surprised and feels bad for him, and sees how tired he is. He needs to earn money to enroll in cooking school, and he can't work for her mother anymore. When they have their big argument, I wanted to yell at Dal Ja to shut up, because she was saying, "What if you take your parents' money?" Tae Bong says he won't, because then it's like he's indebted to work under them. Then Dal Ja asks, "What if you go back to the law firm? You can always start the restaurant in two or three years." Tae Bong is upset, because he told her that he's following his dream, and that the day he chose to live with her, he chose to follow his dream. Doesn't she understand what that means (for their relationship)? And now she's telling him just to go back to the law firm. She wishes she had the money to put him through school, but since she doesn't, he shouldn't suffer so much. He says he thought she was different, that she would understand him. Can't she see that he's trying so hard to live right? But in the end, it's all about money for her.

Guest fashionista

These questions are interesting, because they favor Dal Ja's side over Tae Bong, and I actually felt more for Tae Bong in Episode 18, and cringed for Dal Ja because I could feel that she was making a mistake...

At the party, Tae Bong was going to take her along when he went to greet people, but Dal Ja told him to go ahead, that there are probably lots of people he hasn't seen in a while, and not to worry about her. He asks if she's sure, and she tells him to go on. After they go home, Dal Ja starts asking questions like "That girl... you said her name was Su Jin?" And Tae Bong just goes ahead and tells her his whole history, because he knows that's what Dal Ja wants to know. They used to date, Su Jin was his first love, she dumped him for another guy, and now he's over her.

Tae Bong does tell Dal Ja he's doing construction work. She's surprised and feels bad for him, and sees how tired he is. He needs to earn money to enroll in cooking school, and he can't work for her mother anymore. When they have their big argument, I wanted to yell at Dal Ja to shut up, because she was saying, "What if you take your parents' money?" Tae Bong says he won't, because then it's like he's indebted to work under them. Then Dal Ja asks, "What if you go back to the law firm? You can always start the restaurant in two or three years." Tae Bong is upset, because he told her that he's following his dream, and that the day he chose to live with her, he chose to follow his dream. Doesn't she understand what that means (for their relationship)? And now she's telling him just to go back to the law firm. She wishes she had the money to put him through school, but since she doesn't, he shouldn't suffer so much. He says he thought she was different, that she would understand him. Can't she see that he's trying so hard to live right? But in the end, it's all about money for her.

i don't think it's all about money for her. she just doesn't want him to have to suffer so much. it hurts her to see him like that. she's trying to think of other options available to him and is just throwing it out w/out much thoughts as to why he's doing what he's doing. IMHO. :)

Guest mzsmiley

Omgggg thank you so much to the With S2 team for your hard work... hugsssssssssss Huhuhu I cried for TB so much during EP 18

javabeans, in EP 18, the part where TB's mom asks DJ to meet her where she places an envelope on the table...was DJ thinking that it was coming right out of a drama? The mother paying the girl to leave her son? And the scene happens to go back and forth b/w TB and DJ's mom.

Also...I'm not sure whether it happened at the end of EP 17 or the beginning of EP 18, but didn't DJ have a 'horrified'/'terrified' look when she imagined the party guests looking at her and TB (though at first it seemed like she thought they'd be envious)? Is this the reason why she tells him to go greet the other guests w/o her? Her thoughts might be on the right track? because in EP 18 two of the female party guests were whispering: "Isn't that TB? What is he doing here? Is he coming back to work for the firm? Who is that girl with him? She looks much older..." to which, UKJ, overhearing, says, "She's not that old. She's only 33."

Should TB have introduced DJ as his GF, there'd be more whispering, not about the 2 of them, nor about TB, but on DJ? Afterall, the party, is like TB's 'turf' and they don't know anything about DJ at all. So DJ might not want the knowledge that they're dating to be known, because of the world's judgement of her? TB isn't afraid to tell the world she's his GF...

Guest antinh85

i don't think it's all about money for her. she just doesn't want him to have to suffer so much. it hurts her to see him like that. she's trying to think of other options available to him and is just throwing it out w/out much thoughts as to why he's doing what he's doing. IMHO. :)

i think Fashionista is right.. i think Dal ja is intentionaly doing that so Tae bong would think it over. imagine seeing your bf working hard like that. espcially when he's a rich boy who never had a hardship day in his whole life.

i couldn't understand korean so i was so unclear about Tae bong's memory.. so he looses his memory every year? and goes back the normal state? tha'ts sad..

i think if he looses his memory again.. it would be sad and they should extend the story more..heheh but i think if they do put that in i think they will write in that in the end love conquers all and he will return to her... hopefully..hahha

i think Fashionista is right.. i think Dal ja is intentionaly doing that so Tae bong would think it over. imagine seeing your bf working hard like that. espcially when he's a rich boy who never had a hardship day in his whole life.

I think what javabeans was saying was that was what TB was saying, about for DJ it was about the money. Money = financial status/security, and this was the major issue that DJ's mom was against him having a relationship [that might develop into something more] with DJ. TB attempts to not burden DJ by specifically giving the reason why he can no longer work at DJ's mom's restaurant...from which this whole argument arose from. That's why I wanted to note the importance of the scene when DJ met w/ TB's mom and TB had the conversation w/ DJ's mom. I also want to add, that this is the 2nd 'elder' who said something about DJ's hair (hehe, is that the only thing TB's mom has against DJ?)

javabeans, hope you can clear up some of my other questions, from post #2239

i still a lil unclear about hte memory loss thing... so Tae bong going to lose his memory??? why?

Everyone, hold it! Many of us THINK TB will have some type of memory loss. But no one knows WHETHER the writer will follow that direction. So, as of the END of EP 18, TB DOES NOT have memory loss.

Guest javabeans

Here's the recap for 18!. Hopefully it clears up some questions.

Summary for Episode 18

00uw8.jpg

At the party, we meet Jang Su Jin, who's clearly interested in Tae Bong. He introduces her to Dal Ja as a friend he used to work with. Su Jin suggests that he greet her father, and Tae Bong agrees, but Dal Ja stays behind. He asks if she's going to come along, but she says no. There must be lots of people he hasn't seen in a while, so she'll hang out and wait, don't worry about her. Tae Bong appreciates the gesture, and leans over to tell Dal Ja that the cake is really delicious.

So Dal Ja eats cake, and watches them go. Su Jin is touchy with Tae Bong, causing Dal Ja to be bothered with her boldness.

02hn7.jpg

04kq7.jpg

Eom Ki Joong sees her by herself and approaches. He's actually very sweet -- when some other women were snarking on how Dal Ja looks very old for Tae Bong, Ki Joong defended her saying she's not old at all. And Dal Ja's very glad to see a familiar face, as they eat cake together.

07vl2.jpg

08af7.jpg

Tae Bong watches Dal Ja and Ki Joong together with perhaps a tinge of jealousy/insecurity. Su Jin picks up on it, and asks if he loves Dal Ja. He says she's warm, and fun, and a good person. Su Jin persists in asking if he loves her, and he stays silent. Su Jin says he can't love anyone but himself, he's always been this way.

At home, Dal Ja starts asking about Su Jin, so Tae Bong just comes right out and tells her they knew each other for 10 years, and used to date until Su Jin dumped him for another guy. She was his first love. Dal Ja wonders if, because he was dumped, he still has lingering attachment for Su Jin, but Tae Bong says he's over her.

Go Soon Ae asks why Dal Ja went to such an event in the first place. Dal Ja says she was curious about going to a place like that, but Soon Ae tells Dal Ja to be honest; she actually went to the event to see if Tae Bong wanted to go back to the law firm, didn't she?

To be honest, Dal Ja thinks it wouldn't be bad for him to go back to the law firm. He's talented and the firm people want him back. Reality is difficult, and the things to really fear are lack of clothing, lack of food. Plus, Dal Ja has to pay the lease/deposit on her apartment by the end of the month (which happens every 2 years). It's 1,000 manwon, so approximately $10,000. Dal Ja has the money she's been saving up for her marriage fund, but she doesn't want to dip into that. It would be nice if Tae Bong would go back to the firm and not worry about money.

Go Soon Ae tells her not to push: If you hold one thing in one hand, and try to grasp onto a second thing, you lose both.

Tae Bong goes back to work, but Dal Ja's mom says he can't work for her anymore. He has to choose to learn cooking from her, or give up her daughter. It isn't that she doesn't like him, but she's worried about her daughter's happiness. If he wants to be with her Dal Ja, she won't have him working at a tiny restaurant. So it's either his dream, or her daughter.

Meanwhile, Tae Bong's mother meets with Dal Ja to give her money. It's hilarious, because Dal Ja's imagination runs away with her (as usual!) and she assumes Tae Bong's mother is trying to buy her off. She rejects it, saying she can't accept, that she won't be bought off, that she'll pretend it never happened.

10pw8.jpg

(She sees the money and the letters spell out: MONEY ENVELOPE! hahaha)

But Tae Bong's mother laughs: the money isn't for Dal Ja. It's for Tae Bong. She wants to make sure he's living all right. She doesn't approve of Dal Ja, but for the moment Dal Ja is her connection to Tae Bong. She also wants Dal Ja to report daily about Tae Bong's whereabouts and activities.

Su Jin meets with Tae Bong to ask him to help her on a case. She gets to pick her team, and knows he's given up law, but she isn't telling him to come back to the firm, it's just a friend asking for help.

Dal Ja sees Tae Bong coming home with Su Jin, and hides. Tae Bong sees her, and assures her that he was just having dinner with an old friend. Nothing more.

11os2.jpg

12sj1.jpg

Sae Do proposes to Seon Joo with the trail of roses....

13fv8.jpg

15fr7.jpg

Tae Bong's father and grandfather meet, and the grandfather asks the father to come back home. He's been married for 30 years, he shouldn't mention divorce so easily. He also reminds TB's dad about all he's done for him, and how he's only ever called him the very formal "Father In Law," never just "Father."

16vc8.jpg

Tae Bong is looking into cooking courses. It's 60 manwon (approx $600), so for the moment he got a part-time job. Dal Ja suggests that he accept money from his parents, but he says that taking that money would indebt himself to his grandfather. When she asks about rejoining the law firm, Tae Bong asks if that's what she really wants. She says it's not that, but she just doesn't want to see him suffer.

Tae Bong: "My dream is having a restaurant (lunch shop). From the day I decided to live with you, that's what I decided. Don't you understand what that means?"

Dal Ja: "I don't know."

Tae Bong: "It means, since I met you, I started to have my own dream. So, I've started to look forward to living. I enjoy today, and wait for tomorrow. I decided to become happy."

17si3.jpg

So Dal Ja deliberates over what to do with the money situation. She's tempted to use the money Tae Bong's mother gave her, but says no, Tae Bong would be disappointed in her. Then, give up her lease and take that money? She can't do that either.

18jz3.jpg

Tae Bong's mother is shocked to see her husband back at home. She's a little pissy, until he apologizes. He says he was wrong, he realized a lot of things, and that of the mistakes they've both made, his were bigger. He'll try hard in the future. When he leaves, he calls his father-in-law "Father" for the first time, and you see how happy that makes them.

Sae Do tells Dal Ja he proposed, but hasn't gotten a response yet. He doesn't know what to do. He can't leave Seon Joo behind, but he feels it's a waste to let his career opportunity go, too. Seon Joo overhears the conversation, as Dal Ja wonders, "So it's work or love. What a dilemma."

Tae Bong's tired from his construction job, which causes Dal Ja to worry. He assures her, though: "I know this sounds awful, but I learned at this age, what a difficult think it is to earn 60 manwon for academy classes. All this time, I never worried and lived so comfortably."

He insists it's fun, but Dal Ja sees over the following days how hard it is on him, although he never complains about it.

21mz4.jpg

22mm8.jpg

23nf9.jpg

Finally, Dal Ja can't take it anymore and gives him the money his mother gave him. She wants him to use it to enroll in his courses until he gets a job. He tells her to return it immediately. She knows he doesn't want to take the money, but she can't watch him suffering so much. His dream is important, but she doesn't think this is the way to do it. Tae Bong: "Why can't you understand me? Can't you see I'm practically killing myself working this hard? Can't you see I'm trying to live right for once?" Dal Ja says he doesn't have to suffer this much. Others suffer because they don't have his abilities, but he's doing things backward, living hard when he doesn't have to.

She says he could go back to the law firm, work two or three years, then start his restaurant then. TB: "Dal Ja, do you think the same thing as your mother? Do you want me to choose, that I should give up either my dream, or you? I thought you would be different. I thought you'd understand. "

Dal Ja says she wishes she had the money to support him. But she's got to pay her lease at the end of the month, what can she do? Watching him come home every night exhausted is too hard.

TB: "So in the end, it's about money."

DJ: "I can't watch you struggling so much."

TB: "In any case, it's about money. Sorry. To be such a complainer who can't come up with the money to pay his own course fees. I'm really sorry. That I can't do a thing to help with your lease deposit."

27aa5.jpg

26kg1.jpg

Seon Joo turns down the proposal. It's not because she doesn't love him, or can't trust him. But they're not the type to tie themselves to each other in marriage. Their separate lives are too important. Sae Do thinks she should quit work while he can take care of her abroad. But she doesn't want to stop working. Her pregnancy won't stop her, as long as she's able. Seon Joo pleasantly and coolly tells him that this is what she wants.

Su Jin arrives at Dal Ja's office on business, and invites Dal Ja out to dinner, where she questions her about her relationship with Tae Bong. Su Jin tells Dal Ja why she broke up with Tae Bong: Tae Bong seemed too cold, so she wanted to arouse jealousy by dating someone else. But he never showed any emotion or said anything about it. Frustrated, Su Jin said she wanted to break up in a fit of anger, thinking he'd definitely hang on to her. But instead, he just broke things off, never looking back. She heard later that Tae Bong really did have a hard time over their relationship.

36ra9.jpg

Meanwhile, Tae Bong gets into an accident at work...

29lm5.jpg

33iq0.jpg

34je3.jpg

Guest javabeans

javabeans, in EP 18, the part where TB's mom asks DJ to meet her where she places an envelope on the table...was DJ thinking that it was coming right out of a drama? The mother paying the girl to leave her son? And the scene happens to go back and forth b/w TB and DJ's mom.

Also...I'm not sure whether it happened at the end of EP 17 or the beginning of EP 18, but didn't DJ have a 'horrified'/'terrified' look when she imagined the party guests looking at her and TB (though at first it seemed like she thought they'd be envious)? Is this the reason why she tells him to go greet the other guests w/o her? Her thoughts might be on the right track? because in EP 18 two of the female party guests were whispering: "Isn't that TB? What is he doing here? Is he coming back to work for the firm? Who is that girl with him? She looks much older..." to which, UKJ, overhearing, says, "She's not that old. She's only 33."

Should TB have introduced DJ as his GF, there'd be more whispering, not about the 2 of them, nor about TB, but on DJ? Afterall, the party, is like TB's 'turf' and they don't know anything about DJ at all. So DJ might not want the knowledge that they're dating to be known, because of the world's judgement of her? TB isn't afraid to tell the world she's his GF...

creidesca, you're right about the money envelope scene (funny!). As for the party, at first when she sees everyone looking their way, she asks Tae Bong why everyone's staring at them, and TB answers, "It's because you're so beautiful." DJ's embarrassed and flattered, and walks with her head high, until she hears people whispering, "Wow, Tae Bong's as handsome as ever. But who's that woman with him? She looks so much older." As Dal Ja watches Tae Bong talking, she's a little taken aback to note how much attention he's getting. She had no idea he was such an important or noteworthy person. It's like getting a glimpse into his life when he was someone she didn't know.

I don't know if TB 'should' have intro'd Dal Ja as his girlfriend... just because it doesn't seem quite appropriate at someone else's birthday party. He can't help other people gossipping, and for what it's worth, when he intro'd DJ directly to Su Jin, he did make it clear she was his girlfriend. So I'm not sure there's more we could expect of him in that situation...? That's just my opinion though.

You know, I've been wondering, too. And I think it can be summed up, interestingly enough, by two side characters rather than DJ/TB themselves.

First, Go Soon Ae tells Dal Ja that people can't have everything. When they get greedy and try to hold onto a second thing while they're already holding onto a first thing, they risk losing both. So what I get from that (which isn't what Soon Ae says but how I interpret the scene) is, love isn't just a feeling, it's also a choice and a sacrifice. Love isn't ONLY what you hold in your hand, it's also what you choose NOT to hold in your other hand. If you have something and you want more, it's not a strong enough love... It's when you realize there are other things out there but prefer what you already have that you're happy.

Second, when Seon Joo turns down Sae Do's proposal, she says that when people are in a tough situation, something's got to give. It's not that she doesn't love Sae Do, but in their situation, one side has to "yang-bo," which means to give in, or relinquish. Her life is too important to her to give in to marriage, and his life is too important to give in to responsibility. I think both sides would prefer to stay together, of course, but when put in a difficult position, they have to make a choice.

So, the way I see it, the title refers to sacrifice... And I think the writer's done a masterful job because not only is there the outward sacrifice that we all see, but there's a second layer under that. I think (this is only my prediction) that Seon Joo is sacrificing her own happiness for Sae Do's career. Perhaps that's a bit sappy for her, but I think she's been so burned by love that her biggest fear now is being a burden to a man who doesn't love her. So she's giving up first, to avoid being rejected later. I also predict Dal Ja will return the money to TB's mother and give up her wedding fund for Tae Bong, furthering the 'sacrifice' issue, which could pave the way for a nice moment when Tae Bong tells her they don't need a wedding to be happy together. Therefore, she sacrificed a wedding but gained love. Er, hopefully it'll be done less cheesy than that. LOL.

Archived