[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest amane~matsuo

Thanks for the caps!! <3

It looks really sad with Dal Ja and Tae Bong and with Seon Ju & Se Do :'(

btw,, Thier "pet names" as shown in KBS World are sooo funny~~!

Dal Ja - Girl with the Big Hair

Seon Ju - The [former] witch

Dal Ja`s New boss - Monster

Tae Bong - [Dal Ja's] Spare Tire

XD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, ovette for ep 18. I didn't have any problem with it. Glad I could watch it and wait for the Chinese subbed one tomorrow. As the show has been making fund of the old cliche dramas in the past, TB definitely won't get amnesia. Well ,we'll see.

Guest arielcc

I'm not sure there is someone already translated Dal Ja's Spring OST #1 or not.

But here is the english translation from korean guy name "Amanda".

(translated from korean lyric posted by ovette)

English translation by Amanda (not the username in soompi)

01 기적 같은 사랑 -이경화 (Ki Jeok Kat Eun Sa Rang -Lee Kyung Hwa)

Miraculous Love

Let me feel love all baby

hold me tall my you love

오랫동안 그리워한 만큼

As long as I've been longing for this love

내게 찾아 온 너라는 운명

The destiny which is called "you" came to me..

영원히 지지않을 내 기적같은 사랑

My mirsaculous love never would be gone..

You know when i was listening to it raw, the english lines sounded more to me like

"Let me feel your love my baby

Hold me tight my true love" :P

Guest sweetie

I love ep.17 the most LOL !!!!

So many sweet scenes :rolleyes: <3333333

But yeah…happy times will never last long

Life has its upside down too

When we are too happy, bad things will always come to remind us

So,,due to this fact…I can forgive ep.18 for being cruel, killing my mood

Esp, watching the last part of tae bong

Pls dear pd, don’t make him lost his memory

I hate such scene to death!!!

That’s too typical LOL!

Why do kdrama likes to make the leads lost their memories

I hardly find such things happen in real life for u guys to make such scene a must

Up to ep.17, although I discover that the idea of this drama is quite cliché

Like the love triangle and everything

and the too perfect prince like tae bong to be found in reality

But still, there are so many scenes in this drama that diverge from typical kdrama plot

Well done to the pd to manage to creat a different plot

BUT…making the lead lost his memory will TOTALLY ruin everything!

My mood already spoiled by HYD2

I don’t wish to be spoiled AGAIN! :crazy:

And by the same thing. Losing memory? Warghhhh!

Please don’t

but like what u said pcyan,

they have been making fun of the old cliche dramas

i hope the pd just want to play with our minds and emotions leaving us such an ending for yesterday's ep

i hope so,....

why am i getting so emotional..:blush:

this is all bcos HYD2...

In RRLY, the writer had Min Ki being shoved and falling down a flight of stairs, but he didn't lose his memory...however, he did play a little joke on Eugene when he pretended to lose memory of his name and her, only to grab her hand as she was going to notify the drs, telling her that he was glad to see her.

Guest makemyday

You know when i was listening to it raw, the english lines sounded more to me like

thats what i always thought it said too

in fact, it kinda makes more sense haha.

i JUST finished watching episode 17.

i am seriously enamored by lee minki.

i was so inspired by his hotness that i made tons of graphic.

none of which are remotely good.

but i decked out my avatar/sig/member title with his name and face hahhaha

Guest javabeans

Episode 17 was so chock-full of cute Dal Ja-Tae Bong moments! Watching them happy together gives me a ridiculous grin on my face... Here's my recap, enjoy!! :D :D

Summary of Episode 17

0000eb9.jpg

Dal Ja tells everyone she's not pregnant. Kang Team Manager scolds Tae Bong's mother for causing a scene at work. She tells her that she should take care of household matters on her own time.

0001hf5.jpg

Although the misunderstanding is cleared, Dal Ja's upset at the disturbance:

Tae Bong: "Are you angry?"

Dal Ja: "Yeah."

Tae Bong: "That probably really embarrassed you."

DJ: "Yeah."

TB: "You probably won't get over it easily."

TB: "But you still like me."

0002vf6.jpg

0004sl1.jpg

Tae Bong wonders if there's a way win their mothers over to their side. Dal Ja: "How?" Tae Bong: "Make it interesing/fun." Dal Ja: "Fun?"

So Tae Bong starts going to the restaurant early to work extra hard. He shows up at the market to carry groceries for Dal Ja's mother, and basically turns into a model worker.

0009sv5.jpg

0015pg8.jpg

Meanwhile, Dal Ja follows Tae Bong's mother around, pretending to meet coincidentally. She tries to kiss up to her, going to the sauna, carrying her purchases at the department store. She even goes to the same spa to get a massage.

0012qj3.jpg

0016mt1.jpg

At first, both mothers are unmoved, but it does seem they start to enjoy the attention, although they don't want to admit it.

0019ou5.jpg

Dal Ja and Tae Bong are frustrated that their mothers don't seem to be affected. So Tae Bong suggests switching to a different strategy: "Make them curious."

So both Tae Bong and Dal Ja take time off from work. Dal Ja's mom wonders where Tae Bong's gone, and even Tae Bong's mother wonders why Dal Ja's not hanging around anymore. She sees other mothers with their daughters-in-law, and seems to feel left out.

0024qh1.jpg

In Dal Ja's week off work, they have fun hanging out together: cleaning, eating, cooking, reading. It's ridiculously cute.

0028jx5.jpg

0031eb8.jpg

0032ha5.jpg

0046zg6.jpg

DJ: "Why do you like me?"

TB: "Why ask why? I just do."

DJ: "You could find a much better woman than me. Someone much prettier, more appealing, younger. You could find someone much more desirable. So why in the world is it me?"

TB: "Then why do you like me? You could've felt more secure and safe with a guy like Representative Eom. So why me? Why do you like me?"

DJ: "At that moment... you were by my side. When I was having a hard time, when I was lonely, when I needed someone's comfort and smiles... In those times, you were by my side. You consoled me and held me, and somehow, your scent stayed with me. So wherever I go, whoever I meet... I just keep sensing your scent. It tickles my heart. It makes me miss you, makes me curious. It makes me want to be with you. I don't know exactly how it happened, but now here we are."

TB: "Me too. At some point, I looked around and now you're lying by me. If you ask why I like you, I don't know. It's something I can't answer in just one phrase, but one thing I'm certain of..."

DJ: "Certain of?"

TB: "I like you. Being with you like this, I really like it."

DJ: "Oh my god. Am I dreaming or awake? If I'm dreaming, I never want to wake up. If I'm awake, I wish I could stay like this forever."

0047vv9.jpg

Their mothers are worried that they haven't heard from their kids. They call Dal Ja's work and hear that she's taken time off. They try to stay calm, but wonder: "There's no way they would they kill themselves just because their parents oppose their relationship..." But they're not so sure, and imagine the Romeo & Juliet scene (which is awesome -- because as Dal Ja is about to drink her poison, she looks at Tae Bong with his sword, and says, "I bet that'll hurt." Tae Bong asks if she can leave some of her poison for him, and she says no. But he grabs it anyway.)

0053kp9.jpg

They arrive at Dal Ja's apartment to see them both lying down, dressed in white, and they wonder if they've already killed themselves. The two mothers fight over who goes to check on the bodies and try to wake them. "You do it." "No, you do it." "But that's your daughter!" "Your son's in there, too!" They both say how they can't take the shock, and Dal Ja's mom says how her heart is weak, the doctors told her to watch her heart.

0055tl2.jpg

Dal Ja and Tae Bong wake from their nap, and their mothers are united in their opposition. Dal Ja and Tae Bong say they were trying to gain their parents' approval. But even if they don't approve, they want to be together. They're adults and old enough to handle their own relationships.

Meanwhile, Sae Do is dealing with a dilemma. Kang Team Manager offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She wants to recommend him for overseas training, which would be a great step for his career. But he doesn't want to tell Seon Do, because she'd tell him just to go, and he can't leave her to have the baby alone. They're at the age when neither party wants to become a burden to the other.

Seon Joo hears about Sae Do's offer, and realizes what this means for him. So she tells him that whenever he tires of her, whenever he wants, she'll return his ring. They've worked hard and there's nothing to feel bad about. She doesn't expect any more from him, and whenever they decide, they should be able to break up without becoming burdens to the other. Sae Do wonders if she still can't trust him, and she tells him she does trust him, which is why she's saying this. She doesn't want him to give up a great life opportunity because of her or their baby.

Tae Bong runs into a former law firm senior, who invites him to his birthday party. Dal Ja is curious about going to such a lavish, fancy event, but Tae Bong doesn't want to go. When he sees that Dal Ja wants to go with him, he reconsiders.

So Dal Ja gets to go to the event, dressed up. She's excited to see such important and famous people at the party, but becomes a little insecure when she sees the attention Tae Bong is receiving from everyone. She didn't know he was such an notable person. And we end when a beautiful young woman approaches Tae Bong and tells him she's missed him.

0065nf8.jpg

0068ae2.jpg

0071mo8.jpg

0076zk5.jpg

Guest sweetie

a zillion thanks javabeans !!!!

i've been waiting for the summaries

especially that taebong n dalja's part!

i'm dying to know what they are talking about on dalja's bed

wow, thats so sweeet lol !!

dalja has been more open now..like tae bong

speak out what inside their heart

i like how their relationship's going

with no typical plot like two leads always misunderstood each other

Guest hotmit

sôme one uploads the mega link please>.................< I am dying to watch next in ep18. hichic. i saw the pic of TB with blood on his head...what's going on here? will he die? because the picture him with the wing==>heaven~_~, I dont know. GOSH! I get excited to see ep18. and waiting for pre e19.

lol ... that's what it sounded like to me too but everytime i watch the chinese sub versions the 'hold me tall' translations kept popping up too.

thanks javabeans for the summary & caps ... can't wait till i get to watch 17. and i'm with those who think there will be no memory loss in this drama unless it's to poke fun at the topic... i'll be disappointed with the writer otherwise and i've been loving this drama so far.

btw ... i kept getting confused when people say tae-bong losing his short term memory ... don't you all mean to say having short term memory loss or short term amnesia etc?? :unsure: or does losing his short term memory means forgetting recent events? :mellow:

Guest arielcc

btw ... i kept getting confused when people say tae-bong losing his short term memory ... don't you all mean to say having short term memory loss or short term amnesia etc?? :unsure: or does losing his short term memory means forgetting recent events? :mellow:

What I was just thinking was more like losing his memory for recent events. Remember Ying mei in the AAE ending? It was selective memory lost and she completely wipe out her memory from the point of the crisis of hr mum's death onwards. So for TB, he was badly affected one year ago when Hee yoon's parents died. So it's possible for them (the writers) to make him loose his memory of the past one year ie. from the point of the death incident... But it's so cliche, I know.. :crazy:

Guest makemyday

How many eps is this drama anyway?

22 eps long :)

i like that its longer than the usual 16 episodes

i'll be super sad on the last airing date :(

i really hope taebong doesnt lose his memory

that would be horribly sad.

Guest babymarzy07

aahhhh thanks to javabeans for the ep17 summary.. it was so sweet and especially their convos :) omg, i hope TB doesnt loose his memory like those other dramas that would just suck. but yes, since creidesca mentioned about RRLY something happenned that could be similar to this one. it just feels that it would loose steam if they went to this route. i hope the writer is really just going to make fun of this type of scenes. i havent been able to see ep18 right now (havent seen any sun rips as of now) im a bit apprehensive since everyone is saying its a sad ep and it doesnt look like a hppy one for our couple after that all happy ep17, all of a sudden ooopss. but we cant expect them to be all happy right? maybe they can extend 2 more eps or what that would be fun.

edit: how do u change u member title? anyone know? ive been meaning to. thanks

i rem myself and some other user asking abt a background song during the scene where sae do hugged seon joo in the rain.. should be ep 15 or 16 i think.. the song is on the 1st page, No.7 Shim Jang - Eun Young ;)

withbanfpic6ug.gif

Episode 13 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translator: ripgal

Spot Translator: javabeans

Timer: victory

Editor/QC: seirin

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Episode 14 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translator: kiki08

Spot Translator: javabeans

Timer: victory

Editor/QC: Athaclena42

Episode 15 ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translator: ai*

Timer: doozy

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Guest cartoonangel

Oh my goddd Just finished episode 17, it was madddddd cute!

I love the part when they are in bed and askin each other why they like each other.. the answers weren't too mushy and realistic.. sigggghh.. thats what i love about this drama!

And I also wanted to ask.. they kept on using the word tung shin? i dunno if thats the spelling.. but what does "tung shin" mean?

Btw.. is it just me or did minki looked about strained when he tried to carry chae rim into the room? the sang sang part? lol that was so cute as well!

Archived