[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest babymarzy07

Dal means daughter

Ja means person

if we add the two? i think it doesnt really mean anything, does it?

and maybe since DJ's mom loves DJ so much, and couldnt think of any other name for the store, she just named it DalJa ne Chib... (DalJa's house) :)

:lol: and here i thought it had some profound meaning. thanks for telling me ovette. those gif's are pretty, nice work fashionista. i think its like one of those typical Korean couple things? like the piggybacks, couple clothes etc? I love the in the rain scene too. So cute. ^^

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rain scene was soo sweet! it did quite remind me of the classics there. and the ice cream too.. they were eating each other's ice cream.. they were sooo cute!

havent seen DalJa piggyback TaeBong, which are part of the kdrama cliches.. hrm.. i wonder will they ever include a scene such as that?

:lol: and here i thought it had some profound meaning. thanks for telling me ovette.

i tried to consult a dictionary for Dal Ja.. and i made an error sorry!

daughter is ddal [딸 ]

and dal [ 달 ] means month

and ja [ 자] means measurement..

so that obviously shows there's no connection with the names lol

Actually I find Dal Ja's Spring with the least Kdrama cliches, out of all the Kdrama's that I've seen.. I think the dating scene was really taken from Goong. And about scene with TB covering DJ with his coat, I don't remember seeing this scene in any drama.. Or I've just forgotten, since I've seen too many dramas over the years. ^_^

And about the part where Dal Ja was playing the baseball thingy with SD, and she asked him what exactly had he done for Seon Joo. I found that part really meaningful, to have come from Dal Ja's mouth. She was the one desperate for love, but it seems like she knows more than to the superficial meaning of love.

Guest babymarzy07

^

^

ovette, yeah.. hmm.. should we petition? who knows it might be TB who does the piggybacking.. maybe they'll come up with their own new ones. hahhaha definitely a sucker for the sweet scenes.. im definitely having a DJ and TB marathon now.. rewatching the last two eps.. sigh.. it just makes go :wub: :wub: ;)

edit: ah.. so the names are just names at that... ripgal, you do have point there. it has been the least cliche filled one, just cant help wish some of the typical couple scenes at times since we are used to that. :lol: ah so that was what SD and DJ were talking about. this show is really deep when you think about it. not just about love. but life, friendship, family too.

hrm.... i tried to watch the NG, it works fine for me... what happened?

ripgal i found that meaningful too. DalJa is a real friend. and does what a real friend should do, give encouragement and correct the mistakes of friends :)

Guest fashionista

:lol: and here i thought it had some profound meaning. thanks for telling me ovette. those gif's are pretty, nice work fashionista. i think its like one of those typical Korean couple things? like the piggybacks, couple clothes etc? I love the in the rain scene too. So cute. ^^

oh, i can't take credit for the gifs cuz i didn't make them. it was made by man man. i just reupload/post it at CR's thread. :)

^

^

ovette, yeah.. hmm.. should we petition? who knows it might be TB who does the piggybacking.. maybe they'll come up with their own new ones. hahhaha definitely a sucker for the sweet scenes.. im definitely having a DJ and TB marathon now.. rewatching the last two eps.. sigh.. it just makes go :wub: :wub: ;)

edit: ah.. so the names are just names at that... ripgal, you do have point there. it has been the least cliche filled one, just cant help wish some of the typical couple scenes at times since we are used to that. :lol: ah so that was what SD and DJ were talking about. this show is really deep when you think about it. not just about love. but life, friendship, family too.

i've rewatched the last two eps 3 times already :rolleyes:

Ep 16 was soooo good. There were so many memorable scenes.. All from happy to emotional scenes, all of them were so touching and heartfelt. And not to mention the writers never fail to make me laugh at the smallest gesture or action..

The ep was so meaningful, just from this ep we've discovered the real reason why TB's been staying away from home, why has he been so obedient, following his mother's arrangements all the years, Dal Ja's grandmother's real feelings towards DJ's mother, and so on..I can write more. But it's strange that I didn't even feel that the ep was rushed at all, despite all the complicated details. The PD/writer had indeed nailed this ep brilliantly, without a single moment wasted at all.

I was particularly touched by TB's speech, one when he confronted his father on whether he had really cared for his mother, and the other one where he knelt down to beg for his father's forgiveness. TB has been a good son all the years, following his mother's arrangement just because he knew she couldn't get anything from her husband, so she had to deviate her attention towards TB. I was so touched by TB's confession..and believe me, I cried watching that scene.

And the parodies..I'm not sure but the part of DJ's mother wanting to hit DJ with the broom reminded me of a scene in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. It was quite similar..:lol: And oh the part of DJ's mother and TB's parents when they were young! That was so damn hilarious man.. and they changed the voice! it made me laugh non-stop..:lol:

I can go on ranting about this ep...but I think I'll write everything! hahaha..

^I totally loved episode 16 too.

I loved how it just broke into "AND IIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOOOOOOVE YOU"...that was so hilarious, especially with the bonus song choice...haha

The rain scene was just so sweet, and it cleared up some questions...the flashback was hilarious...

Guest arielcc

Gosh.. besides the last 2 episodes, I've also been rewatching the TB & DJ scenes from the previous episodes, while waiting for wed to come. It's really addictive :wub: Was just watching episode 2 when TB realised he couldn't get DJ out of his mind and so decided to look for her (before the In the mood for love parody).. :P . Then episode 5 when he was reassuring DJ that she's a charming person and then hugged her... He was in actual fact telling her what she means to him and then imploring her not to cont with KJ. So sweet :blush:

Then I was also feeling so painful for TB when DJ kept haggering about the price for his hug, which resulted in him walking out on her, although not before he silenced her with a kiss on her lips. Well even if he wasn't interest in her, it was insulting enough. I was watching his expression each time he told DJ to stop and how that it was not funny. Perhaps his pride is bruised, and also angry too.. :unsure: Cos here is a woman whom he likes, yet her sarcasm implied that the relationship to her is all in dollar sign!! But then of course, if not for that, we won't hav the kiss :wub: and we won't hav DJ admitting to her feelings :D and we won't hav another sweet moment!

So loving the series. In fact obsessed is the word. I like how it has progressed and the chemistry between LMK & CR is really superb. CR is truly a great actress! :wub: I enjoy watching her acting out those embarrassed scenarios: like in when she was giving TB the bday kiss and especially when she was admitting to her onni that she had 'done it' with TB. Such a natural!! :lol: I haven't been this crazy over a drama since CR's Love in the Aegean Sea :wub: . But this is better, cos I've looking forward to her in a Korean project and of course I won't hav to cry my heart out for the ending :tears:

Guest lotteworld

I've uploaded the opening for this show.... enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F5LXQE0

credit koreanwind

Yeh! Thanks Queer, Finally there is a link for HQ opening! I have been waiting for this for the longestttt time~ btw, "UKJ wasn't look too bad with Black Plastic frame in DJSpring Opening!! :rolleyes: "

can anyone translate some parts of the NGs 2-25-07? i wanna know what Kijeong kept saying that DalJa laughed. and also when Gagamal was scolding SeDo and he blurted out something :) thanks

Ovette, I think there will be a chinese version of the NG clip in the coming week... where they show EP17 or EP18... ...which it will be attached to the torrent... :sweatingbullets: If you want to see the Chinese version of the previous NG Clips, I can try to put them in sendspace...:rolleyes: [let me know :)]

- Is cute that you guys always look for little clues; here and there... like the *rings*, *names* ... to find signifcant meaning to the show... :) Anyway, I find it quite nice that DJ mom's restaurant is kinda of named after her daughter name...

- BTW, I was watching E16... and I was surprised that how come DJ's mom got all freaking out when she found out that DJ is living with a guy... I mean in this century, it wasn't really a thing that ppl make a big deal of, I am saying that Dalja is already 33 years old (old enough to make her own decision).... ... or is it in the tradition of Korea that woman "cannot really" live with a guy before marriage??

Guest javabeans

- BTW, I was watching E16... and I was surprised that how come DJ's mom got all freaking out when she found out that DJ is living with a guy... I mean in this century, it wasn't really a thing that ppl make a big deal of.... ... or is it in the tradition of Korea that woman "cannot really" live with a guy before marriage??

Actually, I kind of understand Dal Ja's mother's position on this. At first, I thought she was being a little prudish and traditional, but I don't think that's it. If she was merely being prudish, her reasons for getting upset would have been that Dal Ja was being shameful or immodest, etc. But her reasons were actually more practical:

DJ: "Mom, you liked him too."

Mom: "I liked him as my restaurant employee. Not as your boyfriend."

DJ: "He's a good kid. As far as men go, he's a good guy."

Mom: "You silly girl, what trouble. I thought my daughter was extremely smart, but now I see you're a fool. So instead of getting married, you're hanging around a youngster who's a restaurant worker? Did you hold out all these years just to end up with a guy like that?"

DJ: "Mom."

Mom: "On top of that, you're living together? Ridiculous. You don't know how scary the world is. Did I teach you to live like this? Did I teach you to hold onto just any man and play house? Where did you learn this?"

First, Dal Ja's mom thinks that Tae Bong is just a young kid who's working in a restaurant. She likes him as a kid, but he doesn't have the means to take care of her daughter. As far as she knows, he doesn't have the education to get a job to support a family. On top of that, Dal Ja's mother knows herself the perils of lacking money and living a difficult life, and every parent dreams of their children living a better life than they have. I'm sure the last thing her mother wants is for Dal Ja to end up like her. So she thinks they're two very foolish kids, falling victim to weakness instead of living in reality.

But given that she liked Tae Bong as a person, I think in the end things look promising for them... not just because Tae Bong is skilled and from money, but because right now she's just under the wrong impression.

Guest lotteworld

Javabean, Thanks for reminding me of that dialog between DJ and her mom, I totally forgot about that dialog! All I remember and frustrated about is I think there is no point for DJ's mom to yell at her for *that,* since I think DJ is old enough to make her own dicision... Although DJ sometime seems so childish and innocent. For sure is partly because of the misunderstanding between DJ's mom and TB... also I think (& as you said) thing will get through at the end and at the end DJ's mom will know why TB wanted to be a worker in the restaurant instead of the law firm. Yet, properly the main reason that DJ's mom is mad about this whole situation is because DJ's mom is worried about her daughter's future... Anyway, thanks againJavabean for clearify :)

^

^

Oh YEAH!!! I've rewatched the last 2 ep 4 times :lol: & ep 16 without subs too :rolleyes::w00t: Oooohh juz loved it...soooo many sweet & hilarious moments

Oh YEAH!!! I've rewatched the last 2 ep 4 times :lol: & ep 16 without subs too :rolleyes::w00t: Oooohh juz loved it...soooo many sweet & hilarious moments

LOL.. good to know that I'm not the only one who's seen Ep 15/16 more than 3 times each.

These 2 ep literally took me on a ride.. one scene I was laughing so hard (when the "I'll always Love u" song came on, it was hilarious!!).. and in the other I was crying. The scene where TB kneel made me cried.. felt so bad for him. Made me realised how unhappy he must have been .. stuck between an over-bearing mother and a father who just doesnt seem to care.

In the last scene when TB's mom confronted DJ abt her pregnancy, I really wonder how TB would hv reacted if DJ is indeed pregnant.

Guest babymarzy07

oh, i can't take credit for the gifs cuz i didn't make them. it was made by man man. i just reupload/post it at CR's thread. :)

ah.. oopps.. but they are really unique.. ^^ though the captions now that i read it doesnt have much sense.. hahahha :) lol.. sigh.. we are becoming obessed here.. hahhaha this is such an addictive drama.. i love it.

Actually, I kind of understand Dal Ja's mother's position on this. At first, I thought she was being a little prudish and traditional, but I don't think that's it. If she was merely being prudish, her reasons for getting upset would have been that Dal Ja was being shameful or immodest, etc. But her reasons were actually more practical:

DJ: "Mom, you liked him too."

Mom: "I liked him as my restaurant employee. Not as your boyfriend."

DJ: "He's a good kid. As far as men go, he's a good guy."

Mom: "You silly girl, what trouble. I thought my daughter was extremely smart, but now I see you're a fool. So instead of getting married, you're hanging around a youngster who's a restaurant worker? Did you hold out all these years just to end up with a guy like that?"

DJ: "Mom."

Mom: "On top of that, you're living together? Ridiculous. You don't know how scary the world is. Did I teach you to live like this? Did I teach you to hold onto just any man and play house? Where did you learn this?"

First, Dal Ja's mom thinks that Tae Bong is just a young kid who's working in a restaurant. She likes him as a kid, but he doesn't have the means to take care of her daughter. As far as she knows, he doesn't have the education to get a job to support a family. On top of that, Dal Ja's mother knows herself the perils of lacking money and living a difficult life, and every parent dreams of their children living a better life than they have. I'm sure the last thing her mother wants is for Dal Ja to end up like her. So she thinks they're two very foolish kids, falling victim to weakness instead of living in reality.

But given that she liked Tae Bong as a person, I think in the end things look promising for them... not just because Tae Bong is skilled and from money, but because right now she's just under the wrong impression.

hmmm..so this is what they were saying.. i guess DJ's mom has a point the way with that explanation.. true enough, i guess most parents would be this way. but i hope she does get to know more of TB and be open to him being younger too. im wondering though, is this mostly because of her fear that TB is younger and not as stable than the fact that he is her first love's son or coz she found out who TB's mom is. or something to that effect. just thinking out of the box.

In the last scene when TB's mom confronted DJ abt her pregnancy, I really wonder how TB would hv reacted if DJ is indeed pregnant.

actually, im curious about that too. hmm.. will it be a different or typical kdrama reaction. lol.. interesting thought. but i dont necessarily want to see it happen to them.

Guest thunderbolt

Please count me in as another Tae Bong-Dal Ja shipper. :blush:

Love this drama to bits plus am now officially besotted with Lee Min Ki, aigoo... :wub: He says the wisest things yet is so sweet and endearing. I about fainted when he hugged Dal Ja in Episode 12 and told her, "You're so pretty I can't stand it." *swoon*

Must confess I was never a big fan of Chae Rim despite enjoying her in What's Dating Now but I love her here. She's perfect for her role; can't imagine anyone else as Dal Ja. She is so funny!

Still have 70+ pages of this thread to catch up but loving everything I've read so far. Thanks for the great stuff you guys have posted.

the Preview Summary for EP 17:

17회 :: 사랑할 때 버려야할 간절한 것들 1.

아무리 노력을 해봐도 양쪽 어머니들의 마음이 풀릴 줄을 모르자, 달자는 일주일의 휴가를 얻어 태봉과 함께 홀연히 자취를 감춰버린다. 사라진 두 사람을 찾아 헤매던 두 어머니는 뜻밖의 모습을 보게 되는데…!

한편, 예전에 일하던 로펌 대표의 생일파티에 초대받은 태봉은 달자의 소원을 들어주기 위해 그녀와 함께 파티에 참석하고, 그곳에서 달자는 태봉의 옛애인과 마주친다.

Downloadable EP 17 PREVIEW clip:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b01ird

Translation of the preview summary, courtesy of purpletiger86

EP.17: The earnest things that need to be thrown away while in love 1.

No matter how much they try, both mothers cannot accept them with an open heart. Dal Jah has a week off from work and decides to disappear somewhere with Tae Bong. Both mothers search for Dal Jah and Tae Bong who have disappeared, but they find or look at something unexpectedly…! Meanwhile, Tae Bong gets invited to his representative’s (at his old law firm that he used to work at) birthday party and because it’s Dal Jah’s wish, he goes to the party with her. At the party, Dal Jah encounters Tae Bong’s ex-girlfriend.

Guest mzsmiley

Omg Omg Omgggggggggggggggg .. thanks creidesca for the EP 17 preview.. Omg my goodness.. I just couldn't stop giggling like a little girl after viewing the previewwwww.. I love itttttttttt.. I re-watch the preview itself 6x's .. I can't wait til it comes out on Wednesday.. looks like this EP might be the best ep. so far.. there's soooooo many sweet scenes between our DL & TB couple.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait... 3 days count down.

spring20hk.gif

Please keep fansubbing alive by NOT reproducing/distributing any

hardsubbed episodes from our softsubs on YouTube, DailyMotion

or any other streaming websites/forums/newsgroups/online hosting

services such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit,

mediafire, etc. We thank you for all cooperation and continuous supports.

EPISODE 11

Main translator: kiki08

Spot Translators: cafeaulait, javabeans

Timer: Victory

Editor/QC: Athaclena42

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

EPISODE 12

Main Translator: ai*

Spot Translators: cafeaulait, n5y17cgirl, javabeans

Timer: Victory

Editor/QC: Seirin

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link