[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest cafeaulait

n5y17cgirl and dramaok, my translations are so lame compared to yours. :P

I was also already typing this, so I guess I might as well add a summary of GJ's conversation with SJ and SD's rant before he leaves with the new show host:

GJ tells SJ that even though he knows TB is by DJ's side, he still wants to be with DJ, so he must be developing real feelings for DJ. SJ says it looks more like competitiveness or greed (i.e. GJ wants DJ now that he knows TB wants her), and warns GJ that although DJ looks inexperienced in romantic matters, she is someone who has been waiting and is still looking for true love. Her advice is that if GJ is developing real feelings for DJ as he says, then he should follow his heart.

SD catches GJ talking to SJ and thinks GJ is coming on to SJ (silly... :rolleyes:). He asks SJ what she was talking about with GJ, and she tells him not to interfere in things that aren't his business. He chases after GJ and asks, "Are your feelings real?" GJ thinks SD is talking about DJ and replies yes. SD asks if he knows "she" already has a man by her side, and GJ says it doesn't matter because he's not competing with the other guy - he's following his heart.

Later, SJ is scolding the new show host for cutting off her sentences (the new host is like, "What! It was so hard on me because you weren't saying anything, and I had to cover for you!" <_<). SD comes in and tells SJ not to be so harsh on her. SJ tells SD not to interfere with things that aren't his business. SD gets mad and says SJ is selfish and does whatever she wants. He thinks the new host did a good job for her first broadcast and offers to take her out to celebrate. He doesn't invite SJ because she doesn't like to "interfere" (this is also the same casual word for joining/going to hang out with a group of people).

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

does anyone else have this really shivering feeling that seon-ju

might commit suicide or something?

lordy i hope not and it won't right? since this is light hearted? or supposed to be? this is getting serious though..

i was hoping this would be a comedy to offset some serious dramas i'm watching but oh well.. serious is good too.. since it's about love.

Guest cafeaulait

lordy i hope not and it won't right? since this is light hearted? or supposed to be? this is getting serious though..

i was hoping this would be a comedy to offset some serious dramas i'm watching but oh well.. serious is good too.. since it's about love.

Oh, I hope not! But it was sad to see both of our girls keeping their feelings to themselves and complicating their relationships with the guys they like.

---

BTW, a couple pages ago on this thread we were discussing TB's future as a lawyer, and it looks like the next episode will reveal to us why TB quit his job, so I thought you might like to know DJ's grandma has also weighed in on this issue in ep. 11:

When Grandma asks TB if he knows who's living with DJ, TB tells her not to worry because DJ is someone who can be trusted to make the right decisions (he also throws in some indirect self-promotion, saying good people are attracted to other good people, so whoever it is, it's probably a good guy). Grandma is relieved and says TB is so persuasive he could be a lawyer. TB laughs awkwardly and says the place he wants to be right now is the restaurant.

Guest Jennwpc

Hello, I was always a silent member. I'm addicted into this drama, now I know Min Ki is very charming and confidently in his character. I love the above picture especially Min Ki is looking at Chae Rim. Love the friendship relationship.

Thank you for those who subscribe the chinese sub.

im so SAD for DalJa right now..... thanks btw for the translation, i understood it better. :(

DalJa is afraid to get her, so she just wanna stop before anything more happens...i hope she takes up the courage and just follow her heart! maybe that explains the preview where she was struggling away from the hug... i just hope she finally gives in.

both DalJa and SunJoo are afraid of love.. for DalJa it's because of lack of experience, while for SunJoo it's because of her experience with her ex-husband. im quite disappointed on why SunJoo has to tell DalJa that love is a choice.. maybe she established that idea because of SunJoo, and not because she really feels that way...

DalJa FIGHTING!! there's no loss in trying :)

and also, i agree with the restroom scenes.. i love the bathroom talks so much.. it's where the girls in the office have heart to heart talks, and discuss their problems.. and their volume of their voices when they talk.. they dont care if someone overhears it :)

Guest babymarzy07

nooooo... i hope not.. that would definitely make the mood diff. its time to express yourselves and to show how you really feel inside despite everything else that may seem to hinder that. wow grandma is a good judge of character, true enough TB is persuasive. question, when you guys translated bukchada? what is it in reference to? DJ's feeling at the moment of the convo or her feelings toward TB? ^^ goossshhh the next ep will be good. i think this is how realistic they are showing this, who isnt afraid to get hurt? havent we all felt that way in someway before? but as they say, it can be the best lessons learned through experience.

Guest cafeaulait
when you guys translated bukchada? what is it in reference to? DJ's feeling at the moment of the convo or her feelings toward TB?

It refers to DJ's feeling toward TB. As dramaok said, SJ's question is "Gaseum-i bukcha-go haengbokhae?" Gaseum = chest/bosom. I = is. Bukchada = to feel overwhelmed by emotions. Go = and. Haengbokhada = to be happy. Basically, does TB make DJ's chest feel tight with overflowing emotions and make her happy? And the answer is yes.

Gosh, the next episode can't come out too quickly...

Re: the bathroom conversations, I loved how DJ kicks open the stalls to check no one's listening this time. :lol:

Guest sleepysa

hi peeps.

currently watching this at kbs world..

tonight will be at ep3.. haha.. so slow.

anyway, i'm getting hooked to this! haha..

i was wondering, why dalja has this tendency to talk to her frens in the toilet.

in the end, it's like..the other lady..or her rival, will know wadeva she just said. haha.

bathroom conversations are great.... it's really part of what makes the drama unique.. although same setting plots are always different, not the usual when eavesdropping always happens :)

so that's what bukchago means.. i wondered what it meant coz DalJa kept repeating those words.. so she confirms that she has OVERWHELMING emotions toward TaeBong... can't wait for tonight's episode, just 2 1/2 hours more!

Guest wls2948

Thanks you guys forr all the translations and spoilers...yeah... I concur with all you guys ..Dal Ja is afraid and

SHE'S RUNNING AWAY!!!

Guest cafeaulait
Just strike me as odd is it really like that in Korean society...33 years old still get caning...poor Dalja!!

I think DJ's grandma is supposed to be old-fashioned. She wears a traditional hanbok and thinks DJ and TB should get married because they were living together.

I winced during that scene, but Chae Rim makes the funniest expressions that soon I was laughing.

from KBS DMZ:

<달자의 봄> 태봉의 두번째 비밀 전격 공개!

백마 탄 왕자님과 귀염둥이 연하남 사이에서 갈팡질팡 고민하고 있는 달자.

어제 방송된 11회 엔딩에서 달자 (채림 분)는 자신을 기다리고 있던 태봉(이민기 분)을 뒤로한 채 갑자기 회사 앞에 찾아온 기중(이현우 분)의 차를 타고 사라졌다.

매회 시청자들의 예상을 뒤엎는 반전으로 인기를 모으고 있는 <달자의 봄>이 또 다시 달자가 태봉을 선택할 것이라는 시청자들의 예상을 뒤엎고 반전을 선보인 것 .

daljamt6.jpg

그러나, 오늘 방송될 12회 예고편에서 엿볼 수 있듯 태봉의 직업이 변호사였다는 사실보다 더 큰 비밀이 밝혀지면서 달자도 시청자도 태봉에게 흔들리는 마음을 감출 수 없을 것으로 예상된다.

사랑의 진정성을 찾아가는 과정을 유쾌하게 풀어가고 있는 <달자의 봄>. 달자-태봉 커플을 지지하는 시청자들에게 <달자의 봄> 12회 방송과 함께 따뜻한 봄기운 같은 설레임이 찾아올 것을 기대해 본다 .

oh my goodness! UKJ's ex-wife returns!!! And on the same elevator as TB's mom, heading towards the one destination--Dal Ja!...uh oh, TB's mom's first impression of DJ might not end up well...

The illustration at the end of the episode...at least it's just of DJ and TB...need to have a better look at it though

The only reason why DJ was struggling in TB's arms was because he was hugging her too tightly? =)

Good to see that the workplace problems were resolved in this episode...whew, and likely no need for a Seon-joo suicide scene from the looks of it.

And that outburst from TB's dad! Yikes.

Question: Why did UKJ keep calling his secretary? Did he finish reading Candy Candy, or can't finish it, so that's why he's asking all these questions?

oh my goodness! UKJ's ex-wife returns!!! And on the same elevator as TB's mom, heading towards the one destination--Dal Ja!...uh oh, TB's mom's first impression of DJ might not end up well...

The illustration at the end of the episode...at least it's just of DJ and TB...need to have a better look at it though

The only reason why DJ was struggling in TB's arms was because he was hugging her too tightly? =)

Good to see that the workplace problems were resolved in this episode...whew, and likely no need for a Seon-joo suicide scene from the looks of it.

And that outburst from TB's dad! Yikes.

Question: Why did UKJ keep calling his secretary? Did he finish reading Candy Candy, or can't finish it, so that's why he's asking all these questions?

yah 2 mad women in the same lift is no joke! actually if one did call out "Oh Dal Ja", the other one wouldn't have known who she is!

the buffering was so terrible it like showed 2 sec out of every 10 sec block *sob sob*

the ending panel, i only had a glance. there's a heart-shaped brick wall between DJ & TB.

so i take it as there's an obstacle to overcome but there's LOVE between them!!! yay!

gotta have a closer look!

Creidesca's question - i think he finished but he needed clarification on the ending eg. what happened to Candy in the end?

actually i never knew Candy Candy before this & i dunno korean too so it's just a guess.

i think Rep Eom is dying to know what happened in Candy Candy so he can plan his next move on DJ

so if there's an indeterminate ending, that ambiguity is not something he can handle!

cuz he'll be at square one again - not knowing how to start the game! haha!

Creidesca's question - i think he finished but he needed clarification on the ending eg. what happened to Candy in the end?

actually i never knew Candy Candy before this & i dunno korean too so it's just a guess.

i think Rep Eom is dying to know what happened in Candy Candy so he can plan his next move on DJ

so if there's an indeterminate ending, that ambiguity is not something he can handle!

cuz he'll be at square one again - not knowing how to start the game! haha!

The wiki page that Creidesca gave was very informative about "Candy Candy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Candy

Archived