--♥mikki Hairstyle Tutorial♥--

Guest yuuka

because who doesn't want big hair?

[--If this is the wrong section, feel free to move it.--]

Hello Soompi! After lurking around for so long, I decided to contribute something to the forum. I noticed many of you guys like the ulzzang Mikki's hairstyle and ask how to achieve that crazy volume.

mikkimingky1.jpg

Credits: ulzzang mania

This works best if your hair is in a mullet-ish cut, but I'm sure it works for other types too.

10-1.jpg

Before/After

---> Forgive the minimal processing on the pictures, I'm actually supposed to be studying.

-----------------

♥Materials:

2.jpg

I used:

-Garnier Fructis Extra Strong Hairspray

-flat, wide tooth comb

-blow dryer.

!--> It is important that you use a strong hairspray because that's what is going to hold up the volume.

----

♥Begin!

1copy.jpg

This is me after rolling out of bed.

3.jpg

1.Take your comb and take a section of your hair. Work from the bottom (start near the ear) and work your way up to the top of your head. Spray the underside of the hair with hairspray. Blowdry to set the hairspray. Once you lift away your comb, your hair should be sticking up on its own.

4.jpg

2.It's okay, comb it down with your comb. You should see volume beginning to build. If not, you might need to hairspray yo'self some more.

5.jpg

3. Work your way up by repeating the process of steps 1 and 2, only now, you're sectioning off your hair higher. Spray and comb down.

6.jpg

this is what it looks like with one side of the hair done. I'm not done yet!

4. repeat for the other side of your hair.

By now, your hair should look like a small train wreck because the sides are uneven. No worries!

7.jpg

5. Use your hairspray and spray ONTOP of your hair. Work quickly and use your hands to pull up places that are sagging and places that need more volume. It should dry by itself, but you can blowdry it on low if you want to. OR, you can first tease (backcomb) the places that are sagging, then hairspray. Beware, though--teased hair may decrease in volume in a few minutes.

8.jpg

6. You can style your bangs anyway you want to. Also, if you want to, you can put mousse at the ends of your hair so it accentuates the puffiness of the top. I chose not to since I couldn't find the one I like.

9-1.jpg

This is the final product. I've been doing this hairstyle since september and it really takes no longer than five minutes in the morning. The results are consistent once you get the hang of it, so you don't have to worry about how drastically different it will be.

----

Go wild and post your results♥

p.s.- does anyone have a picture of Mikki with a clearer shot of her puffy hair?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest auroralbutterfly

O________O

i've tried to get that volume like Mikki, but i failed..

i should try it again!

i was using a volumnizing mousse before, so i guess i should try hairspray now~

thank you so much for the tutorial!!

sorta out of topic

but since u said u did this everymorning, does the spray damage ur hair?

like fall out and stuff? sorry im scared since my hair is sorta thining out already .

You guys are welcome :D.

AirMaxFiend- Even so, I quite like it volumized.

padlet- My hair does feel kinda rough, but it's not noticeably stringy. The only hairspray I feel is the layer I put ontop of the hair and it isn't that much.

Milki- You have reason to be scared, but my hair isn't showing signs of damage. Since your hair is thinning, maybe you shouldn't style it like that, or use a different hairspray that does not contain alcohol

Guest AirMaxFiend

Have you tried sticking a pencil/pen in your hair? When I had long-ish hair, I would do that instead of putting it in my pocket or backpack. When I put it in my pocket, the pencil would keep poking me, and when I wanted to put it in my backpack, I'd have to swing it around and open up the zipper and put it in. But with the hair, I would just put it in with no hassle.

Archived