Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

actually, according to the original article(comes from one of the HK tabloids, not SINA), Jeon did not buy any clothes. She was just standing there looking bored when the man was choosing clothes and only exchanged a few words with him when he was seeking opinions about the clothes. I don't see anything wrong for them to go shopping after a meeting with the filmmakers. Besides, there's another woman along with them. If he is really her boyfriend, she must be very stupid to go shopping with him at one of HK's biggest mall. HK is well-known for its paparazzis and the media is really good at making up stories.

Thanks for the clarification, cjoey. Appreciate it. Still watching Happy Together and JJH's looking so sweet & fresh in it.

Anyway, sorry for the news... no one is safe where HK paparazzi are concerned, huh. Anything can be everything. ;)

... Still watching Happy Together and JJH's looking so sweet & fresh in it.

Do you know if there are any subtitles for Happy Together? If not maybe it will give me incentive to brush up on my Korean :)

Anyway, sorry for the news... no one is safe where HK paparazzi are concerned, huh. Anything can be everything. ;)

well, i've actually read the original article on tuesday and it sucks. The contents and words used are just misleading and distasteful.

Guest yum yum dimsum

hahah! never thought this would be such a big deal..

isn't he just Jung Hun Tak? president of SIDUSHQ?....

and wasn't he 'the guy' rumored of marrying her a few years ago??.... which turned out to be false..

and now this :phew:

hahah! never thought this would be such a big deal..

isn't he just Jung Hun Tak? president of SIDUSHQ?....

and wasn't he 'the guy' rumored of marrying her a few years ago??.... which turned out to be false..

and now this :phew:

think those tabloids are equivalent to national enquirer here in the US. they start drama to get you to buy and view their articles even if it's untrue :lol:

yup..it's the sidus HQ guy... the rumours of their relationship never subsided.. i mean she is the most promoted star of sidus.

i actually think they are lovers. jun jihyun is actually known to be very personable and outgoing in "private". her public image is the most created/molded in korean entertainment.. she never comes out on talk shows, and even award shows.. u only see her on something well planned out like movies, cfs.. even interviews are rare..only given out during film publicity periods.

i don't know about other countries. but in korea, the top top korean female celebs are known to date CEOS or Chaebols (families of big name companies). take no hyunjung who married the hyundai chaebol after only 1 month of separating from her longtime boyfriend. Go hyunjung (actress from "spring days")'s ex husband is the infamous hyundai chaebol who is notorious for having affairs with actresses like Kim MinHee and most recently Kim Tae-Hee.

The reason for daying this rich men rather than handsome, popular men is for obvious reasons. But on a personal note, when korean women marry, most often love is only just one or no reason at all. Yeah, Korean actors are hunks and dreamy..who wouldnt want to love them? but they won't last long in the business. they'll eventually have an end. but rich wealthy business men don't.

this is in no way criticizing korean women.. they are very realistic because their society demands it so.

as a korean woman myself..if i had to live in that patriarchal society for the rest of my life, i would make a similiar decision myself.

I can see your point.

I don't know much about korean culture, but what I am wondering is she's always seem to be the conservative type, and from sources i've read they've said the same. Maybe I might be wrong, but doesnt she have a lot of money to begin with? Why would she involve herself with that guy for monetary reasons when she has plenty of it for a korean actress/model? Hasnt she established a name for herself where as long as she keeps her image, she will always have a job if should she ever leave Sidus?

Also, she's been really really picky about the things she does in terms of movies/cms/etc + the fact that she doesnt really have kissing scenes at all to show affection. So is it possible to assume if she was so picky with movies, feelings, etc... that'd she'd also be picky about the people she'd involve her relationship in?

well i dunno just food for thought. maybe it'd be a good time for her to break into hollywood haha

Guest yum yum dimsum

i don't think they have a 'relationship'.. i mean, she looks so bored on those pictures.

and if they do have a 'relationship'.. yes i agree, she needs to stop wearing heels :lol:

is she the actress from shadowless sword??

^ i dont think its her. I haven't heard of 'shadowless sword' :D

Ji Hyun iz one uv tha six Sidus stars tat will attend a joint fan meetin (I Superstar Festival?) in Japan on November 7, along wif Jung Woo Sung, Cha Tae Hyun nd otherz

lucky Japanese fans!! <_<

From Kyosho's FusionMe site:

Jeon Ji Hyun Is In LA Now

September 27, 2006 11:10 pm PDT

(rough translation)

Jeon Ji Hyun has flew to Los Angeles on the 27th September to study English. She'll be staying there for 3 months at a friend's place. During her stay in LA, she'll be concentrating on her studies.

I missed welcoming her at LAX ;_; Hmm, what's the chance of bumping into her in Korea town?

Guest kyosho

From Kyosho's FusionMe site:

I missed welcoming her at LAX ;_; Hmm, what's the chance of bumping into her in Korea town?

probably next to none. haha , i was thinking of going to k-town everynight to eat dinner thinking i'd bump into her.. but chances are she probably wont be at the places i am at. $15 all-u-can-eat korean bbq... u think she'd be into that? haha

we have a few guesses that she *might* be attending SMC CC for english tutoring assuming if she isnt with a private tutor

FWIW, http://www.lakiff.org/index.html is going on right now as we speak. What are the chances you think she'd show up to see her own movie? Il mare is being shown on Tues Oct 6th at 9 PM

Guest jjowah

I can see your point.

I don't know much about korean culture, but what I am wondering is she's always seem to be the conservative type, and from sources i've read they've said the same. Maybe I might be wrong, but doesnt she have a lot of money to begin with? Why would she involve herself with that guy for monetary reasons when she has plenty of it for a korean actress/model? Hasnt she established a name for herself where as long as she keeps her image, she will always have a job if should she ever leave Sidus?

Also, she's been really really picky about the things she does in terms of movies/cms/etc + the fact that she doesnt really have kissing scenes at all to show affection. So is it possible to assume if she was so picky with movies, feelings, etc... that'd she'd also be picky about the people she'd involve her relationship in?

well i dunno just food for thought. maybe it'd be a good time for her to break into hollywood haha

to us, she has too much money. but to her and other korean celebs, itt's not all that satisfactory. Korean female celebs have a much shorter career livelihood than male celebs. once they start showing signs of aging, the demands for CFs, movies, dramas, etc.. go down. and, at some point, they have to marry and have kids right? im sure they take their future children , their future, all into consideration. they also want to live a carefree worry less life when they become 'retired'. especially in korea, where hierarchial separation is still very much enforced.. if u have the money, u can do anything.

as far as being "picky" about her career choices. the number 1 reason for her success is the cultivation and management of her pure, innocent, tall, long hair, slender modest, introverted, etc etc IMAGE. image is most important in shaping a korean celeb's success. take moon geun-young's pure, innocent, humanistic image to lee young-ae's sophisticated, traditional image.. to hyori's sexy/healthy natural image. if they don't upkeep their "image", they cannot be recongnized. that's why jeon jihyun is so popular with out publicity (except for her film press conferences).

and i hope im not the only one who notices this..but if you watch jeon jihyun's debut days as a vj/celeb show mc, she is incredibly outgoing and funny.

also..for non-koreans... there are honestly so many more pretty normal girls walking on the street in korea. jeon's image is what makes her star still shine.. and mainly why i like her still.

Guest yum yum dimsum

Yohan & kyosho - you guys got like 5/10 chance of seeing her. she'll be there like 3 months!! if ever one of you sees her, don't forget to take pictures!! :D

and i hope im not the only one who notices this..but if you watch jeon jihyun's debut days as a vj/celeb show mc, she is incredibly outgoing and funny.

jjowah - actually she's still as funny, we just dont see it as much. ive watched some behind the scenes clips from her movies where she's really funny, especially that Daisy clip that cjoey posted not long ago (JJH and JWS mocking around off cam). And in interviews, public appearances etc, she's usually really quiet and shy but cracks a joke or two every once in a while. i think she just matured.

i completely agree with everything you said though..

we know she's outgoing and funny when she's around with friends, she never denies that.

and we'll never know if she really has a bf, not till she admits or announce her marriage, so there's no point debating on this. :D . we have our own opinions (for me, i dont think that's her bf, cuz as i said before, she'd be very silly to go shopping with her bf at one of HK's hot shopping spot.). as long as she's single and happy, she can date whoever she wants, and as her fans, we'll feel happy for her.

has anyone seen the footages of the Elle photshoot? her english was pretty good there. she speaks with a slight american accent :)

Guest kyosho

So, is her HK movie still pushing thru? :D I want more Ji Hyun!!! Where's that drama? :lol:

it's going pretty slow and im thinking there wont be much about her till she's finished with her 3 months of english.. haha kinda sucks.. i wish i knew where she was in LA