Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I just posted this news on Song Il Kook a few days ago on the drama news thread...I'll just repost it here to for all his fans...although I admire him personally as an actor

Actor's politics wins him few fans

October 19, 2005 ㅡ

htm_2005101917590690009100-001.JPG

▶ Left: Kim Eul-dong with politicians

Right: Ms. Kim's son, Song Il-kook.

[JoongAng Ilbo]

Fans of the Korean television drama actor Song Il-kook, 34, are aghast at his recent announcement that he would support his mother's political work.

By doing so, Mr. Song is not only breaking an unwritten rule that entertainers and politicians should not mix, but he is doing so on the behalf of a rather unpopular politician.

Mr. Song said last Friday that he had decided to support his mother, who is working in a campaign for an independent candidate, but adding that he was doing so "only out of love for my mother."

But when some of his fans found out that Mr. Song's mother was backing the former Grand National Party floor leader Hong Sa-duk, who has been at times a controversial figure, the actor's homepage faced a barrage of criticism.

One of Mr. Hong's more infamous statements was that participants in candlelight vigils were "jobless people," who were "bored enough" to take part in demonstrations.

When the government was considering sending troops to Iraq, Mr. Hong said that if the troops went, he would go with them. Korean troops were sent to Arbil, Iraq in 2003; Mr. Hong has not yet joined them.

"That was a promise between me and the former defense minister," Mr. Hong said in an interview with a Seoul paper. "But he stepped down shortly afterwards, so I couldn't go."

Some fans expressed concern that Mr. Song's reputed ability to play honest characters will be damaged by the move. Mr. Hong's supporters, however, had different reasons for opposing the alliance.

"We have seen many unfortunate cases when actors recklessly jumped into the political world," one person wrote on the Web site for Mr. Hong's campaign. "[Mr. Song] should just concentrate on acting instead."

Making things worse, Mr. Song's mother came to the defense of her son ― which did not impress many.

"I asked my son to help me," Ms. Kim said on a morning talk show. "I am very proud of him."

Some responded by asking why a grown man took order from his mother. He explained that after his mother had lost in a Grand National Party internal election, she wanted to help Mr. Hong win instead. Mr. Song said he told her that she would have his full support.

"I saw tears in my mother's eyes, it was the first time I saw her cry," he said in his statement titled, "My mother's dream."

by Lee Min-a <mina@joongang.co.kr>

credits to JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200510/18/2...0091009101.html

Guest packet85

Here is Jo Eun's MV:

mms://211.196.186.116/MusicVideo/048/102748.WMV

Credit : Shirley (from CF & MV thread)

Sorry, I can't find the other one...

sorry to bother, but can we have this in megaupload or CBox please? THANK YOU. the mms thing does not work for me.. :(

Guest YooMiRi

I've seen Hae Shin and Condition of Love.

His roles are both very good, he certainly acted superbly in both dramas. What's more, Jang Soo and Yeom Moon's characters are so different, yet he managed to play it well.

But I'd say I like Yeom Moon better, feel so much sympathy for him... and so touched by his words to Jung Hwa. There are lots of nice quotes, but I can't remember all.

One of them is after Jung Hwa tried to commit suicide and he said something like, "if i can't have your heart, we can still remain as strangers even after we get married, and whenever you want to leave me, do so. but don't ever think to give up your life again..."

and in late episodes, i remember Jung Hwa told him to forget her and find happiness, the next time he replied by saying, "you asked me to be happy, didn't you? I think I won't find happiness from forgetting you, but because my life of loving you has finally come to an end." how come Jung Hwa didn't fall for him? If Jung Hwa has even a corner of her heart for him, I'm sure it will ease his pain...

Jang Soo's favorite quote will be : "Trust and Follow me..." he's so sweet when saying that. the other one will be when he's calling Eun Pa (HGI) after she disappears. Something like, "don't you want to see me? I miss you like crazy. please tell me where you are, call me. even if you don't say anything it's ok. just hello is ok."

YooMiri...you're welcome about the news posting old Song Il-kook pics from an old KBS 2002 drama (his role here is the 2nd lead male character) titled Hard Love/ Unreserved Love...I think this was not included on the 1st post on the dramas that he made..this is the drama where he won the Best New Actor award at the 2002 KBS Drama Awards

20040226_151010.jpg

20040226_151001.jpg

20040226_151157.jpg

1_20040226_151236.jpg

M0020576_3%5BW500-%5D.jpg

credits to KBS/ Yahoo! Korea

Guest jadeprincess

Thank you, koalabear, for the report on SIK's political involvement. I only wish him the best no matter what he decides to do. I do think it is wonderful of him to care for his mother so much no matter the consequences. As an American, I guess I can't quite understand all the uproar. Our stars do this all the time. Regardless, I think Song Il Kook is a extraordinary actor; one that deserves recognition for his outstanding talent. It also doesn't hurt that he is just soooooo wonderful to look at.

Oh, I also appreciate the great photos from "Hard Love". I wish I had been able to see this, but I'm a relatively new fan after watching Hae Shin, so I missed quite a lot of SIK's earlier works. I loved him in Hae Shin, and I can't think of another actor that could've played Yum Moon as well. He was also terrific in Conditions of Love. I watch these two dramas often depending on my mood. I am now watching Bodyguard, which shows what a versatile performer SIK is. I will watch Water Bloom after this and can't wati for Art of Seduction.

I plan to be a fan and supporter of Song Il Kook for a long time! :wub: :D

Guest jadeprincess

Thank you very much, quteacho! I love the photos and can hardly wait to see the movie. I am expecting it to be so much fun!

Guest renni72

I first saw him in Terms of Endearment but I cannot find the thread for Terms of Endearment any longer.....so sad :(

It'd be nice to read through all the fans' comments about his role with Han Ga In's in Terms of Endearment. They look good as a on-screen couple. He played such a sweet, loving, devoted and protective boyfriend to Eun Po ....

Thank you, koalabear, for the report on SIK's political involvement. I only wish him the best no matter what he decides to do. I do think it is wonderful of him to care for his mother so much no matter the consequences. As an American, I guess I can't quite understand all the uproar. Our stars do this all the time. Regardless, I think Song Il Kook is a extraordinary actor; one that deserves recognition for his outstanding talent. It also doesn't hurt that he is just soooooo wonderful to look at.

Oh, I also appreciate the great photos from "Hard Love". I wish I had been able to see this, but I'm a relatively new fan after watching Hae Shin, so I missed quite a lot of SIK's earlier works. I loved him in Hae Shin, and I can't think of another actor that could've played Yum Moon as well. He was also terrific in Conditions of Love. I watch these two dramas often depending on my mood. I am now watching Bodyguard, which shows what a versatile performer SIK is. I will watch Water Bloom after this and can't wati for Art of Seduction.

I plan to be a fan and supporter of Song Il Kook for a long time! :wub::D

you're welcome jadeprincess...just sharing some things that I know about SIK...I haven't seen Hard Love either just that I found the pics since one of my fave actresses is in that drama also...I loved SIK's acting in Haeshin and The Water Flower Village...I haven't had the chance to watch all the episodes of Terms of Endearment but I have seen glimpses of him in that drama...he is really a promising actor to me IMHO

Guest jadeprincess

I totally agree, renni72, that SIK and Han Ga In made a great couple in Terms of Endearment and had great chemistry. I guess that helped to make their roles so believable and passionagte. I miss the TOE thread also; it was great reading all the comments. Koalabear, if you're able, I hope you have a chance to watch TOE. The ending half is the best, and honestly, without SIK, I probably wouldn't have been as interested.in completing the drama.

I am looking forward to watching The Water Flower Village. I saw some of it here and there and enjoyed the little I previewed.

Has anybody seen Bodyguard? I'm watching it now, and although SIK is the villain of the piece and does do some pretty awful things, I sympathize with his character. I find myself looking forward to his appearance and experiencing his fine acting.

:D

Guest jadeprincess

OMG takin a closer peek at thoze pix... SIK iz a real fine good~lookin' hunk!!!

You're so right, quteacho, SIK is a handsome, fine figure of a man. Can you imagine this hunk on the catwalk when he used to model! :o

Has anybody seen Bodyguard? I'm watching it now, and although SIK is the villain of the piece and does do some pretty awful things, I sympathize with his character. I find myself looking forward to his appearance and experiencing his fine acting.

:D

he's very good at villains. :P I'm sure Han Jae Suk (the actor originally cast) would have been good as Yum Moon--but no one could have played the character as well as Song Il Kook.

I don't want to give anything away--but you might like how his character goes in the last few episodes of Bodyguard.

B)