Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Hi Liezle...

Yes I aggree with u 100% :)

Yong Joon looked the best in this interview...the best suit, the best smile, the best hair, he looks sooooo HANDSOME in this interview :D

Thanx to truelovebyj for the files. But sadly, the jp-5.wmv can't be downloaded.

Can u help me with this link Liezle, plz ?

Thanx before.

:)

Here's the link :

http://truelovebyj.com/flower/jp-5.wmv

Hope u can fix it ? :)

Perhaps u can upload it somewhere else if u have the file. But plz not in Youtube, I can't watch it online.

Thanx

[Trans] BYJ’s masculine body causes wardrobe problems in the CF

source: innolife.com 18/9/06

translated by cam and posted in Quilt

BYJ’s masculine body causes wardrobe problems for the latest Japanese ad

Hallyu entertainer BYJ (34)’s second CF for Japan SECOM started broadcasting from the 16th. SECOM Japan is one of the world’s largest security services agencies. It signed a contract with BYJ as their spokesperson since February this year.

In this CF, BYJ was wearing a 'BE' emergency personnel uniform, but because of BYJ’s body builder physique, the standard uniform could not fit him. It was reported that a special tailor made one was ordered.

The first CF which started broadcasting in February was “SECOM can safeguard my precious photographic equipment.”

thanks for sharing the trailers of Winter Sonata here from other countries. I'm interested to watch them since currently, I'm watching this drama & I'm at Episode 8 already. I love the story & have no idea what's the ending of this series. BYJ is HOT & Yummy here especially from the scene where he came back from Paris.

thank you again a sweet sister for the translation, bb for hosting the article in her blog and for sharing information on Hyatt Regency and rosie for her scanned photos. :)

[Trans] Gallant Figure at Mystery Lake

Reposted from: http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com

guess what? it's beautiful wednesday again!

yea, yea, sweet sister has emailed me our weekly dose of YJ news!

thanks, sweet sister!

you might want to click on the following link to read the article

in order to view the pictures and click on the links i've added.

http://happiebb.blogspot.com/2006/09/trans...stery-lake.html

Original in Japanese: Josei Jishin 10-3-06

Scanned & Posted by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

Gallant Figure in Cavalry Battle Scene

Reflected in “Mystery Lake”Josei Jishin 10-3-06 p.38-39

jj1xy6.jpg 287fq8.jpg

369ea6.jpg 456xc9.jpg

545pa4.jpg 639xr2.jpg 738ki6.jpg

TWSGG is currently filming on location outside of Seoul, with a month-long filming scheduled for Kyrgyzstan. Here’s the planned filming schedule given to us from the First Secretary of the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in Japan.

On September 8, the BOF specialty shops carrying the official BYJ character products or merchandise, “Yonsama goods,” opened in the Lotte duty free stores in Korea.

The BOF store is a tenant in the three Lotte duty free stores (Seoul main store, Lotte World, Jeju). The main store is about seven tsubo (approx 23 sq. m. or 249 sq. ft.), and the Jeju store is about three tsubo (approx 10 sq. m. or 106 sq. ft.). The largest store is in the Lotte Hotel World with a size of about 70 tsubo (approx 230 sq. m. or 2490 sq. ft.).

[translator’s note: a Japanese tsubo is 3.3 square meters or 35.54 square feet.]

“All three stores sell Yong Joon-san’s calendars, towels, mugs, and note cards. Recently photographed posters and postcards showing him with his long hair are also for sale.

We also plan to sell shopping bags with Yong Joon-san’s photo on them.” (Lotte duty free store spokesperson)

At the Jeju store, sports towels with the drama logo are also planned for sale.

We were able to obtain the latest Yonsama goods showing him with his long hair. We will be giving these away to seven lucky readers!

On the 11th, Yonsama’s TWSSG king appearance, which up until then had been a secret, was publicly revealed.

Also, in the news release distributed to the media, “Legend” was newly added to the title.

Yonsama also added this message.

“After a long period of preparation, I am looking forward with great anticipation to the upcoming filming. I believe that the character of Damdeok and the story of him becoming the king is very important to the story opening and to the entire significance of the work.”

Buddhist Master Who Traveled to Lakeshore

A spokesperson for SSD Japan, who does the promotion for TWSSG had this to say. “The photo that was recently released was that of a battle outfit from the Goguryeo era. Other than the battle scene costumes, the clothing you will see him in is much more subdued.

The images of the costume recently broadcast in Taiwan was a costume from the mystical era, but the mystical era comprises only one episode of the drama.”

Currently, tours are underway on Jejudo though the main set still has not been completed. Where is Yonsama filming?

“Yong Joon-san is now filming in the outskirts of Seoul.” (SSD Japan spokesperson)

According to another spokesperson, Yonsama filmed for four days in mid-September at the Daelin College in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Dong. (bb: click here to read more.)

“But after September 20 there is the one-month location filming planned for Kyrgyzstan. He is planning to return to Korea before November 1. (SSD Japan spokesperson)

What are the details of the location schedule in Kyrgyzstan?

We asked Mr. Moldogazev Rysbek, First Secretary, Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic in Japan. BYJ and his staff will depart Seoul on the 21st and will arrive at the Manas Airport in Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan. (bb: click here for more.)

Filming will take place around Issyk Kul Lake, called the “jewel of Central Asia” and located in northern Kyrgyzstan.”

Issyk Kul Lake is about four and half hours away by car. This lake is the world’s second largest mountain lake after Lake Titicaca in South America and also holds second place for water clarity. This lake is also known as a “mystery lake.”

“It has been said that a Buddhist master once traveled these lakeshores. This is a famous site blessed with mountains, grassy plains, and an abundance of Mother Nature.

He says that battle scenes on horseback will be filmed here four times. (bb: i'd heard that the battle scene shot in Kyrgyzstan will appear in the fourth episode.)

“Kyrgyzstan has extremely fine horses readily available. So these locally obtained horses will be used for the battle scenes.” (SSD Japan spokesperson)

Filming will proceed smoothly with the assistance of the Kyrgyz government.

“I’ve heard that Yong Joon-san will be staying at the Hyatt Regency in Bishkek, the capital. It is the most luxurious hotel in Bishkek.”

Yonsama will be staying in the expensive Presidential Suite. It is located at the top of the seven-floor building and is the only suite of its kind in the hotel. The living room and bedroom are 144 square meters in size. High-speed Internet access is also available. The rate per night is 120,000 yen (approx US$1,000).

The hotel also gym and pool facilities. For Yonsama who never misses his bodybuilding training, this should be good news.

Drama Scheduled to be Broadcasted Next Spring

There are also hotels and guest houses around Issyk Kul Lake, site of the crucial location filming.

The area around the lake is famous for its mineral hot springs and facilities offering hot spring cures using mud. Will a trip to the hot spring be able to cure Yonsama’s fatigue?

Even in Kyrgyzstan “Winter Sonata” was broadcast, “But because it was broadcast in the southern region, I don’t think Yonsama is well-known in the Issyk Kul northern region.” (Mr. Rysbek)

There perhaps may be family who wish to see Yonsama in-person as a warrior in Kyrgyzstan. There are travel agencies offering tours to Kyrgyzstan from the end of this month and one travel agency spokesperson had this to say.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also posted a notice on the “Overseas Safety Home Page,” but travel to northern Kyrgyzstan indicates “sufficient caution.”

Visas are not required when traveling by air but for visits longer than four days, foreign travelers must register their passport with the passport department within three days of arriving in Kyrgyzstan.” (travel agency spokesperson)

Location filming may have just begun but the broadcast date is not that far off.

“We are aiming to broadcast this drama next spring in Korea. After that, we plan to broadcast the drama in sequence in 90 countries throughout the world.” (SSD Japan spokesperson)

What type of LEGEND will Yonsama leave behind in Kyrgyzstan?

bb: bishkek is the capital of Kyrgyzstan, and it’s located more towards the northern part of the country. The Kyrgyz also refers to the famous Lake Issyk Kul as the Blue Pearl of the Tien-Shan, or the Sea of the Kyrgz.

bb has also posted more pictures of the hotel on her blog.

hello triplelee! not sure if there will still be a soo jinee in TWSSG. from the articles that came out about a week or so ago, it was mentioned there that the character of Moon So Ri will become the love interests of Damdeok. though i read before that Damdeonk will have 2 (or 3?) love interests. anyway, let's wait some more, news about TWSSG (or Legend) will be coming out pretty soon and we'll be able to get more info about the casts and the character that they will be playing.

[Trans] Park BOF will be closed during Choosuk holidays

Korean to English translation by gaulsan

Hello everyone, this is BOF

Park BOF will be closed on 5~7th of October for the Choosuk holidays.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Please keep this in mind when you plan to make reservation.

Thank you very much for your consistent support.

BOF

----------------

A note from gaulsan about Choosuk ~

Choosuk is equivalent to the Thanksgiving day in the US, and it falls on 5~7th of October this year.

Most people close their workplace and visit their homeland.

Family gather and hold ceremonies (Charye).

During this period, most marketplaces and restaurants are closed, especially on the Choosuk day.

In addition to Choosuk, the 3rd of October is another holiday named 'Gae Cheon Jeol 개천절' - the day celebrating the foundation of our nation.

As a result, the first week of October will be a kind of holiday week this year.

People will travel around, traffic will be congested, and most marketplaces will be closed (some hotel restaurants will be open, though).

Please consider this when you plan to visit Korea.

gaulsan

another AS review from a french moviegoer shared to us by Camille :)

From : http://sablier.hautetfort.com/archive/2006...atin-calme.html

Translated from French to English by camille

posted in camille's blog ~ http://toujours-byj.blogspot.com/

From Fuligineuse’s blog Sablier – April 24th 2006

Snows in the country of the Morning Calm

Without noise, under the mirror of deep and calm lakes,

the cygne chases away the wave with its wide palms,

And slides. The down of its flanks is like

the snows of April which crumble by the sun…

From the poem « Le Cygne » of René François Sully Prudhomme

An Asian film, where the two heroes, confronted to the revelation that their respective spouse have an affair, end up comforting themselves together… Yes, but it is not “In the Mood for Love”, today it is “April Snow”.

A man speaks to his wife hospitalized in a deep coma… Yes, but it is not “Parle avec elle”, today it is “April Snow”. (camille :Parle avec elle is a Spanish movie of director Pedro Almodovar - original title : “Hable con ella »)

The beginning : In-Su, young lighting engineer of spectacles, and Seo-Young, housewife, come from Seoul to a hospital in province, because they have just learned that their spouse had a serious car accident. (Separately; they do not know each other). Whereas their spouses are plunged in a deep coma, In-su and Seo-Young discover that they maintained an extra-marital relationship.

April Snow is the third feature film of the Korean director Jin-Ho Hur. He had realised before “Christmas in August”, introduced at Cannes festival in 1998. The Korean title of the movie is “oechul” which means “to enter and to leave”. The director justifies his choice like this : “We can leave a city, enter in a small city which we don’t know. We can also leave a world in which we believe (for example we trust our partner, their fidelity). But the translation in other languages did not give these feelings.” For the international distribution of the movie, Jin-Ho Hur then chose the title “April Snow” because this translation corresponds to the general tonality of his film.

In “Christmas in August”, the director treats love at its beginning whereas in “One Fine Spring Day”, he shows the end of a relation. April Snow shows a different state of love : “When someone loves, he feels various emotions. Even if two people trust each other, betrayal exists sometimes. How can we understand the anger which occurs then? Should the situation be accepted? Does the couple have to be destroyed? These are the questions that I wanted to explore”, explains Jin-Ho Hur.

He does it with delicacy and realism at the same time. The characters are credible, often uncertain about their own emotions. Only a little inconvenient element, a music rather soppy and too overwhelming. At the end, a beautiful movie. (As I wear glasses, I was charmed to see the protagonist who is a young and handsome man to wear it too…)

First time posting...just have to say...love...love...love...love this site!!!!

Question...and this is referring to the drama Winter Sonata...does anyone

know where one can purchase the jigsaw puzzle (the rowboat one that

hung in his office)? My friend is a major BYJ fan and her 50th b/day is

around the corner and she really wants that jigsaw puzzle. Any help would

be most appreciated.

Guest dragonbaby

Hi all!

thanks so much for all the latest posted here.... pictures, new info, art work, etc...etc...

looking forward to TWSSG. loving all the updates and pictures of where YJ will be filming soon.

cheers to all!

hi brat84 ! welcome to yong joon's thread :)

that jigsaw puzzle is a beauty but i have no idea where it can be bought.

so sorry can't help you on your request :(

let's hope that one of our baesis who frequents this thread can help u on this.

two more drawings from a very prolific fellow fan, nagajun ;)

naga8jx1.jpg

naga9ej9.jpg

Hi all,

I could not vote for YJ because a politcal problem in Thailand was started in the same night September 19.

Please count one vote from me even though it is too late.

Sorry all,

Pat

Hi all,

I could not vote for YJ because a politcal problem in Thailand was started in the same night September 19.

Please count one vote from me even though it is too late.

Sorry all,

Pat

hi Pat,

i hope everything will turn out fine in thailand. i do hope peace will always reign even in

the midst of all these political transitions.

are u referring to the voting in chosun? i think no end date was indicated in the poll

so you still have a lot of chance to cast your vote for yong joon :) fighting !! :P