Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest liezle

:sweatingbullets:

hi liezle, thanks for posting them again. i didn't know soompi does not support all photo links, is imageshack the only one ?

hello again joyce! i think all images with http as extension is supported by soompi. maybe there was just a problem with bandwidth of baidu. when you posted the photos. i remember style had that problem in kob last week but then i checked the photos last weekend they're already working.

bb, thanks for that tidbit of news. hope that key east will continue to have a good standing in the market. but i believe even without key east wuri yong joon is already an extra ordinaire ceo, right?

Guest liezle

i predict heavy traffic in JOB on Aug 4 and baesisters from everywhere planning to go to Korea will be online to know the latest about this tour. ;)

[JOB* News]Official tour to visit TWSSG shooting site

*japanese official board

japanese to english translation by tomato99

posted in byj's quilt

"Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi" shooting site official tour in Jejudo is finally fixed.

Tour details and information will be posted on 4 August (Friday) 10:00am at Bae Yong Joon’s JOB.

Don’t miss it.

Please note that IMX and tour agencies will not be able to answer to your inquiries regarding contents of official tour or any other issue.

tomato: there were some articles in Japanese magazines that quoted the official tour information will be announced today through JOB and tour agencies.

The schedule mentioned in the articles were error and the articles were going ahead without final confirmation. I believe IMX decided to post this news to inform fans correct information to avoid any mix ups.

Guest liezle

It's been almost a year since this even took place in Saitama. A very memorable event 2 days after Yong Joon's birthday.

April Snow Reunion @ Saitama Super Arena 08.31.05 [part 1]

screencaps by tigger mom

saitama1op1.jpg

Guest frances

just want to share this with you guys :)

i dropped by camille's blog http://toujours-byj.blogspot.com/ and there's this latest comment in her most recent entry about April Snow reviews in France.

looks like camille's blog visitor is a japanese journalist ( & she wrote in french !) of a weekly woman magazine & apparently, she's interested in writing an article about the French impression/reaction to April Snow.

the journalist got to read the wonderful AS french reviews translated by Camille and she wants to contact camille for an interview !! wow, i'm happy for camille, after all, she did a wonderful job in translating & sharing all those nice reviews ;)

Guest liezle

hey frances thanks for the great news! i haven't been to camille's blog today but with your news i'll definitely drop by before i hit my bed.

Guest happiebb

just want to share this with you guys :)

i dropped by camille's blog http://toujours-byj.blogspot.com/ and there's this latest comment in her most recent entry about April Snow reviews in France.

looks like camille's blog visitor is a japanese journalist ( & she wrote in french !) of a weekly woman magazine & apparently, she's interested in writing an article about the French impression/reaction to April Snow.

the journalist got to read the wonderful AS french reviews translated by Camille and she wants to contact camille for an interview !! wow, i'm happy for camille, after all, she did a wonderful job in translating & sharing all those nice reviews ;)

soooooooo......... exciting! the power of the blogs!!!

yea, really really really hope that camille will agree to do the interview,

i think this could present a very real opportunity

for everyone everywhere to know how loved AS is in france ;)

BEIJING, July 12 -- South Korean actress Kim Hee Seon's new TV drama "Smile Again" has been snapped by China recently up for 200 thousand dollars.

A representative from the production team said on Monday, "The contract was signed at the Shanghai Film Festival several days ago. Since China has restriction on import of South Korean TV drama and film, the success of this series is quite impressive. "

The Korean starlet teamed up with the well-known Lee Dong-Gun for “Smile Again”, her new production last year's hit series "Sad Love Story".

While SBS TV series has not rated as highly as expected in South Korea, fans have applauded Kim Hee Seon's performance as a softball player.

Last year, Kim Hee Seon starred in Jackie Chan's blockbuster smash, "The Myth".

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)

Editor: Liu Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw this at Lee Dong Gun thread...

not directly related to Yong Joon. =) hopefully I can still post this here. ha!

Guest liezle

hi there ginnie! "Smile Again" is related to Yong Joon :D Key East invested on it, remember? Thanks for the news sis :)

April Snow Reunion @ Saitama Super Arena 08.31.05 [part 6]

screencaps by tigger mom

saitama7iw3.jpg

this is the last part. :D there's another one coming from tigger mom. you'll definitely love it ;)

Guest liezle

A MUST READ :D

Here’s another beautiful piece from Close2yj which bb translated. Really really love reading what Yong Joon had been doing earlier in his career. bb and Close2yj, huge thanks again for this.

Goodbye My Love...

bb wrote ~

okay, who's been following my BYJ's Trail? remember the last part that i posted? yea, that was part 2 of hotelier. remember i mentioned in there that wuri yong joon packed up and left for the states to brush up on his english after wrapping up hotelier? yea, here's the next part of the trail... Goodbye My Love, I'm Off to the States.

Original in Chinese: Close2yj / 俊心咏恒 loveyongjoon

Translated into English: Happiebb / bb's blog

[As usual, pics are all posted by yours truly...]

Goodbye My Love,

I’m Off to the States

Bae Yong Joon who had made a perfect comeback as Dong Hyuk in The Hotelier once again put behind him the applause and fans’ anticipation once the drama was completed. He boarded a US-bond plane alone.

For the months from July to October, Yong Joon practically severed all communication ties with his agency. As to what sort of life he led in the States exactly during those months, even the agency didn’t know much. They only knew that he was initially staying at a small town [bb: not quite sure where this place is, only know that it sounds something like ‘Geulrendeil’. Haha, I tried reading it out loud, but still have got no clue where it might be.] And later, he moved to somewhere else and were living with a group of young people who had also gone to the States to upgrade themselves.

When the September 11 terrorist attack struck, the agency was terribly worried and anxious. Until Yong Joon sent an email to the agency to inform them he was in Los Angeles and that he’s safe and sound. It was only then that the agency heaved a sigh of relief he’s okay. During those three to four months, other than making a trip to Canada to shoot Jo Sung Mo’s MV Goodbye My Love, Yong Joon did not go anywhere else. He also took pains to avoid going to places where Koreans lived and hung out, like the Little Korean Town. He only made one trip there, the day before he left the States to go home to Korea, he had to make a trip to Little Korean Town to buy drinks to treat the friends who had helped him during his stay in the States, sort of like a farewell thing.

Due to how he had confined himself strictly in an English-speaking environment, Yong Joon’s command of the language saw remarkable improvement. “Although there’s still lots of room for improvement, but he should have no problem with basic English conversation.”

Other than learning English, he also made use of the time to complete a short course on photography. Yong Joon spent his time wisely training as well as upgrading himself. During this time, he had gained 2kg, he had shot a music video [bb: his one and only MV in fact], and he had spent a rather quiet 29th birthday and Chosuk [bb: Mid Autumn Festival, which is quite an important traditional holiday in Korea] with his friends in a foreign land.

During this time in the States, he lived like a typical Korean boy, and he would pop into classes in bermuda shorts and casual clothes. After classes, he would go home on his inline skates. Ah, that was a totally carefree period for him… Yong Joon said he felt extremely fortunate to have been able to enjoy that time to concentrate on upgrading himself without any external disturbance.

In the month of August, he flew specially to Canada to act in the MV Goodbye My Love by the famous Korean singer Jo Sung Mo, who is an immensely popular singer in Korea especially when it came to ballads. His MVs were known for their touching storylines and most productions were on quite a large scale which typically involved major stars. For this then-new album Jo Sung Mo had chosen Bae Yong Joon and Lee Na Young [bb: Jae Young, Jaeho’s sister in HWRL].

lny205kg1.jpg

[bb: Please also note that Jo Sung Mo was one of the artistes at the April Snow Superlive Concert at Yonsei University in Seoul last April. Yong Joon had also openly said JSM is one of his faves when it comes to contemporary pop. On a separate note, LNY was also been signed on by BOF recently. ]

155li5.jpg

258pe8.jpg

344hw1.jpg

441jm9.jpg

In the MV, Yong Joon shed his image of a successful, charismatic and matured man in The Hotelier, and transformed himself into a fresh-faced boy. Yea, a refreshing big boy. In the MV, he was this poor student studying in Canada and had to work as a paperboy and even at the docks. Lee Na Young, also a student in the MV, worked part-time at a florist and had a crush on this paperboy who would deliver papers to her flat everyday. One day, the paperboy’s bicycle got stolen, he was pretty distressed as it was his tool for survival. When he tried to get his bike back, he was beaten up by gangsters and one of his eyes got hurt. At the same time, the girl got chased out by her landlord. The couple, both down and out, found each other and fell in love. The joy that love brought them made them see hope in the future. But the girl met with an accident when on the way to meet the boy. The love story ended there, but the boy was still waiting for her at the tracks, still smiling…

click

to view the MV, courtesy of chiligoyo.

534yi7.jpg

630ed5.jpg

729dg2.jpg

821bu7.jpg

Although it was just an MV of a few minutes, Yong Joon still gave his very best. His serious attitude towards the work and his professional portrayal of the poor paperboy won him much praise from the production side. Although he was unable to meet with Jo Sung Mo for the MV collaboration, the two men held much admiration for each other and eventually became friends. Yong Joon too enjoyed himself tremendously during the entire shooting experience. During the breaks or change of backdrop, Yong Joon would be singing and joking around with the rest of the crew, and everyone in the team was happy. Lee Na Young had played his sister in HWRL, so they naturally had no problem getting along either. Yong Joon even taught her how to use the baseball bat to hit coins… just like a real brother.

click here for the making of the MV. fantastic clip, you have to watch this, k? if it doesn't play smoothly the first time, persist... just finish it and then play it a second time. it should play smoothly the second time around, ya?

01ux1.jpg

In early October 2001, Yong Joon completed his three-month crash course in the States and returned to Korea. Numerous CF offers awaited him, and he said yes to Old & New, LG credit card and others. When shooting CF, Yong Joon felt a little uneasy posing in front of the camera since he had not done that for sometime now. His initial shyness and even helplessness made him appear just like a boy. click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKU7a2UPLZs to view the making of the Old & New CF in 2001. [bb: wuri yong joon is so cute in this, especially when he tried to stretch his legs, and i sooooooooo......... envy the girl!]

1910hc5.jpg

2010eg1.jpg

2111we8.jpg

byj2017sz8.jpg

And at the same time, he too received quite many script offers for TV dramas, including PD Euns Winter Sonata. During the time he was living in the States, Hotelier was aired in Taiwan and AC Nielsens ratings showed that the drama was extremely well-received. In fact, ratings was still high even for its repeat broadcast. First Love was also aired in China, Mongolia and other places.

byj20112028729zf3.jpg

fl2kx2.jpg

And all these marked the beginnings of Bae Yong Joons popularity in Asia.

Yong Joon was once again in the limelight. But he too experienced some not-so-happy incidents. One of them was when his black Equus was stolen, and a set of camera equipment and golf set which had accompanied him for sometime were gone too. Because he had had those items for sometime already, he felt their loss even more distressing than the vehicle himself.

There then was yet another incident which went all the way back to the period when he was resting after Barefooted Youth in 1998. He had invested in a small agency ROM Entertainment with another partner [Kim]. But the business had to close shortly due to inexperience and also ineffective management of its operations.

Later, in February 2001, that Mr Kim sued him in court, alleging that he had made out a loan of 400 million Korean won [approx. US$420,000] to Bae Yong Joon which he had not repaid. At that time, this caused much rumours and people were spreading negative things about how the big star Bae Yong Joon got himself into trouble. A certain TV station even gave a very one-sided and unfair report on this issue.

A point to note, this particular Mr Kim was the father of Kim Ga Yeon [shes the girl who had acted as the waitress at Jaehos aunts bar], and Kim Ga Yeon was under the agency at that time. Now Mr Kim might have forked out that amount in support of helping his daughter make it in show business, but strangely, that amount was injected into the business as a loan, instead of an investment.

I suppose we can now, on hindsight, speculate that Yong Joon had lacked commercial and legal experience when opening ROM then. So he relied only on the Koreans way of personal integrity and of course, trust. No proper documents or memorandum were drawn up pertinent to the nature of that sum. So in the eyes of the law, Yong Joons claim of Mr Kim is a partner and not a debtor could not hold water due to insufficient evidence. Eventually, the court ordered that Bae Yong Joon pay back 200 million Korean won, half of Mr Kims claim of 400 million Korean won.

And theres more to this story. In fact, all the way back four, five years ago, Yong Joon had already expressed his willingness to pay back half of Mr Kims investment back to him, that is 200 million Korean won. This was because Yong Joon had felt then that he himself was partly responsible for the failure of the business. The courts decision was effectively what Yong Joon had offered in the first place, but I suppose Mr Kim was not quite happy or satisfied with that. But Yong Joon was and still is a public figure, and to some people who did not know the background of things, they would speculate and spread negative things about him. Celebrities are sometimes sitting targets, sadly. So Yong Joon did suffer some from this episode.

Anyhow, its all over now. No matter if its the car thief or the upset partner, all these were mere storms in a teacup. Nothing could have stopped the passage of time, nothing could have stopped the incredible force that came in 2002 when a legend was created.

2220lz6.jpg

It was perhaps as unavoidable and destined to happen, as how there would surely be snow in winter. Yes, the next installment in this BYJ Trail is Winter Sonata, A Legend is Born.

2312li4.jpg

p.s. for now, let's have a look at more pics from the MV. each time i watch this MV or see screencaps from it, i'm amazed time and again at how refreshingly young and carefree he looked in that one. it's almost unbelievable that he did this MV after hotelier. he looked so young! very nice, i like i like i like!

[liezle : Ill be posting the screencaps made my tigger mom in a short while]

Guest liezle

Goodbye My Love Screencaps ~ 1

by tigger mom

BYJ's one and only music video shot in Canada. He is with Lee Na Young in this video. For related story, please read above article.

goodbye1vo3.jpg

Guest frances

thanks liezle for posting the MV caps !! i love that one and only MV of yong joon :)

he looks good w/ lee na young and now that she's under his wing, i do hope that they

will work together again in the future..... perhaps a love triangle w/ jisub ?? :rolleyes: