NHL

Guest Amicus

Guest Amicus
Soompi Official NHL Thread

nhl8ql.jpg

After an entire season lost to the lockout. The NHL returns tomorrow with all 30 teams playing. It should be an interesting season. So everyone LETS TALK HOCKEY! *edit* this will be the NHL Offical Thread Current Hockey Pools Sportsnet - Set up by spyro http://contest.blastpromo.com/cgi-bin/spor...ock05/promo.cgi Group Name: soompi Password: soompi

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest °..a²

can't wait!! many people said that Flames are gunna suck, and it was just pure luck for them last season. I want to see for myself this time.

Im a Flames fan btw.

i am completely pumped up for the start of the new season

cant wait!! its only a day away!!!

and even though i am a canucks fan, i do agree that flames are gonna do well

however, canucks are a way stronger team and you guys are no competition for us! :lol:

Guest Hiatus

HOCKEY IS BACK BABYYY!!!!

lol I dont know still rooting for hometown team Montreal Canadiens... though im pretty sad they exchange Marcel Hossa for that other dude from the Rangers :angry: as for the rest im still happy... I guess we'll have to see as the season goes. Hopefully they will make it to the playoff pretty sure every team is like gonna try their best to make it to the playoff this year... everyone missed hockey! especially me i'll probably try to go watch every 3-4 matches man... HOCKEY IS BACK BABBYYY lol

Guest ronmexico

The Rangers can't possibly be any worse than they were... right? At least they're younger now. I suppose that's a good sign. Nothing like missing the playoffs for almost an entire decade to kickstart the rebuilding process.

Guest Chioster

ahem. we had two

3 to be exact. The reason why canucks went 3-2-2 is because we used only minor leaguers from the manitoba moose. Remember the game against the oilers? We used Jovo, Linden and Cloutier and we rocked them 6-2.

3 to be exact. The reason why canucks went 3-2-2 is because we used only minor leaguers from the manitoba moose. Remember the game against the oilers? We used Jovo, Linden and Cloutier and we rocked them 6-2.

still, did you guys see how much brent johnson sucked

Guest `faded

^err ya he's ok o_O but I didn't really listen to the game..gotta watch to believe only saw the highlights..but really Cloutier <333 lol..GO CANUCKS GO hahaa..

gotta love the sedin/carter line..=)

Guest Aznbanana

Canucks need a better goalie in net to get em into the Finals o.o

Cloutier is decent, but mb he can pull off an Osgood and ride the playoffs hot

Guest KimBoLee

Calgary Flames to finish 1st according to Sports Illustrated

The Calgary Flames could be on their way to the Stanley Cup - if the prognosticators at Sports Illustrated are correct.

Writer Michael Farber wrote in this week's magazine that several factors boosted the Flames' chances:

-signing star right winger Jarome Iginla to a long-term deal;

-picking up his new linemates Daymond Langkow and Tony Amonte;

-and bringing in defenceman Roman Hamrlik to boost the power play.

Here's how the magazine ranked the chances of some other clubs:

2nd - Philadelphia Flyers

3rd - Ottawa Senators

6th - Vancouver Canucks

9th - Edmonton Oilers

17th - Montreal Canadiens

20th - Toronto Maple Leafs

If the predictions come true, the Canadiens and the Leafs would fail to make the playoffs.

The Calgary Flames made it to the Stanley Cup finals in 2003-2004 season. But they lost game seven to Tampa Bay by one goal.

time to put on the car flags and honk horns!!!

Guest Aznbanana

^ok, I put 5$ on the Leafs on the next Sen vs Leafs Playoff games ^^

btw if u trust SI to do hockey -_- wow...is all i can say

Those Americans just don't know jack bout sports imo

Guest `faded

2nd - Philadelphia Flyers

3rd - Ottawa Senators

6th - Vancouver Canucks

9th - Edmonton Oilers

17th - Montreal Canadiens

20th - Toronto Maple Leafs

dude that magazine is wack .....I remember they talked about this on tv..ahaha..and lets just say they thought this mag was stupid..LMAO..how do the leafs go on 20th??? I may not like them..but that's like sad o_O..and the canucks 6th..we'll SEE ABOUT THAT

oooo yes..and Canucks vs Coyotes tonight =) I'd like to see Gretzky coach for the first time lol

Archived