[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

africandramalover said: @lisafransisca‌ , I'm totally envious of those fans who met YAI. that boy has some beautiful lips!!! In Kenya we women have a certain sound that we make when irritated. It doesn't have an actual word but if written it is "mschewww!" You pucker your lips and make the sound by sucking in air sharply through your "clenched" teeth. (Are teeth clenched?) I bet YAI's lips would make it look so sexy!!

Guest ailskdrama

@lisafransisca I saw the past weekend promotion of SLA promotion japanese version. I think sometimes the title "secret affair" gives folks the wrong impression what kind of drama this is. I find this story is much more about a heroine story of finding love for herself in addition to love for music and her young lover. 
I am not against YAI but I wish the promo didnt only feature him. I guess he is more marketable in Japan than KHA. 
Anyways, I just hope this drama with the Japanese sub will mean even more fans for SLA 
YAI interview in the link below
http://www.eigeki.com/special/mikkai

このドラマはラブストーリーです。20歳の年齢差がある男女の愛の物語でもあり、世俗社会に染まった40代女性が20歳の青年に出会って、人間として脱皮し、人間本来の姿に戻るという哲学的内容を含んでいるドラマでもあります。 僕が演じるのはとても非現実的かもしれませんが、天使のようにピュアで汚れのない、とても純粋な感受性を持っている人物です。だから自分より20歳も年上の40代の女性に対しても愛を表現できるのだと思います。

ピアノの練習もたくさんされましたか?

たくさんしましたね。でも僕が天才ピアニストと同じようにピアノを弾くことは簡単なことではありません。俳優が体で感情を表現し、人の心に感動を呼び起こす職業なら、音楽家は自分を通して音楽を表現することで人の心に感動を呼び起こす職業ですよね。だから僕はテクニックを駆使して正確に演奏することより、体で音楽を感じ、それを表情することに重点を置いて練習しました。

このドラマの原案は江國香織さんのベストセラー小説『東京タワー』です。

はい、随分前に映画を拝見しました。確かに原案が『東京タワー』ですが、内容はかなり変わっています。実はこの『密会』というドラマは随分前から企画されていた作品なんです。年月を経て何度も手が加えられているので原作とは明確に違う作品になっています。でもストーリーが『東京タワー』に近い作品として企画された初期の段階からずっと関心を持っていたので、やはりどうしても『東京タワー』を思い出してしまいますね。

『密会』を楽しみにしている日本の視聴者の皆さんへメッセージをお願いします。

とても楽しんでご覧いただけると思います。ドキドキする緊張感やトキメキもあり、またそれ以上に重みのあるメッセージのあるドラマです。韓国でも、不倫、20歳差のラブストーリーということで衝撃的だという意見もありましたが、このドラマのスタイル自体が非常にスタイリッシュで今までの韓国ドラマとは明確に違うドラマです。僕が自信を持ってオススメできる作品です。ご期待下さい!。

年の差愛を描いた本作は韓国中の女性を虜に!

20歳の天才ピアニストと40歳の人妻の美しく危うい愛を描く本作。まだウブな一面を持つ青年ソンジェ役のユ・アインの演技に韓国中の年上女性たちが熱狂!“ユ・アイン シンドローム”を巻き起こした。
またキム・ヒエ扮する40歳の主人公が感じる若さへの未練や社会生活の孤独さなどが、現代を生きる女性たちの共感を呼んだ。

2014年の上半期、社会現象にもなった話題作

2014年3月17日より韓国の総合編成チャンネルJTBCで放送がスタートした本作は、JTBCの歴代ドラマの中で最高視聴率を記録。1%を超えれば成功といわれるケーブルテレビにあって、最高視聴率6.6%という数字を叩き出した。
ドラマのセリフが流行語になるなど、社会現象を巻き起こした。

視聴者を魅了したクラシック音楽の数々

主人公の二人をつなぐのはピアノという共通項だが、劇中には数多くのクラシック音楽の名曲が登場する。普段クラシック音楽に馴染みのない視聴者からも多くの反響を得て、劇中に登場する曲が収録されたクラシックアルバムも制作され、こちらも大人気となった。

『妻の資格』の演出・脚本コンビ ×原案は江國香織のベストセラー小説

本作では『妻の資格』のアン・パンソク監督とチョン・ソンジュ作家のコンビが3度目のタッグを組んだ。まるでドキュメンタリー映画のようなリアリティ溢れる演出と、絶妙なセリフ回しが話題を集めた。
そしてドラマの原案となったのが、韓国でも人気の高い江國香織のベストセラー小説『東京タワー』。決して不倫美化の作品ではない、大人の作品に仕上がっている。

chart

ソハン・アートセンター開館記念音楽祭当日、バイク便配達員のイ・ソンジェは、ソハン音大教授のカン・ジュンヒョンの依頼でアートセンターに蝶ネクタイを届ける。開幕の直前、控室にいたジュンヒョンはシューベルトのピアノ幻想曲が見事に奏でられているのを聴き、弾いたのがソンジェだったことを知る。彼は自宅にソンジェを呼び、妻ヘウォンに彼の才能を見極めてほしいと頼む。類まれな才能を発揮するソンジェの演奏に時間を忘れ聴き入るヘウォン。自分の実力を知らないソンジェはヘウォンに自分が上手いのかどうかを尋ねるが…。

番組表

img01.jpgimg02.jpgimg03.jpgimg04.jpg

@ailskdrama thank you! I've read the translations in YAISikseekland

Btw, the Japan channel even has a special review for SLA from a Japan famous TV personality. I don't know who she is, maybe she's a writer or critics, but she talks about the good elements in SLA in that segment. I guess SLA is much more acceptable from the beginning in Japan since it's inspired by Japanese novel anyway.

Also I think YAI is popular in Japan because his previous works such as SKKS,  Punch, Tough As Iron and JOJ have been broadcast there as well. So perhaps for SLA they especially focus on him :)

@lisafransisca and @aliskdrama,
Thank you each for sending me back into "Hong Sik" land!  YAI shares so much of his personal thoughts, feelings and actions with his fans and with the public in general.  I find him so fascinating!  His international fan site always provides an enlightening window onto his career and to things in films and dramas in Korea.  
 But just as he keeps a veil of privacy over his family life and his friends, I feel assured that he knows how to maintain the personal circle of his  innermost  self safe, secure, and healthy.
Plus, that boy is just "so beautiful" as Hye Won said!
PS:....So happy to see this page of the thread is back to normal format again!     ;))

@lisafransisca‌. ..... If Secret Love Affair is the yardstick for musical dramas then I am anxious for tomorrow cantabile. That is one impossible act to follow, and so soon after!! Wololo!!

I hope they'll put their flavour into it and make it work. The music must be impeccable. There's no room for mistakes in Korean drama land after our Secret Love Affair. And that's why I have such a hard time watching dramas now. After watching any drama I have to switch to a Japanese drama or Taiwan or even Chinese so that I can empty the Korean drama template in my mind (courtesy of SLA) THEN I can finally watch another Kdrama.....

I also got the SLA music play list and I will load it on my phone to listen to deal with my high stress life. ME, who couldn't have cared less for classical music! Effects of SLA. Kinda like Kim Sun A and the tango.....

Btw...was this article ever translated?

Http://www.ize.co.kr/articleView.html?no=2014060417077249879

I found the link in the comments a while back.

africandramalover said: @lisafransisca‌ There's no room for mistakes in Korean drama land after our Secret Love Affair. And that's why I have such a hard time watching dramas now. After watching any drama I have to switch to a Japanese drama or Taiwan or even Chinese so that I can empty the Korean drama template in my mind (courtesy of SLA) THEN I can finally watch another Kdrama.....

From the Tomorrow Cantabile thread page I learned that Dramabeans.com is keeping a list of all the musical pieces in each episode with "links" next to each name so the entire piece can be heard online!  Very nice!.  There are just so many even in the first episode.   I don't think the pieces are tied into the story as they were in SLA.  So far very little analysis of pieces played,  But it is a comedy and very broad type of comedy based on the original manga.... something like a comic book story, but with more realistic drawings, I think.  I like it . And I am trying to keep in mind that is a whole different genre, too.  So far, so good in first 2 episodes.  I should look up the original manga online!
@africandramalover,    The pictures in that article are new to me, but "Google Translate" was no help at all making sense of the written part!  I couldn't be sure if it was new or something translated earlier. Some of the others will have the answer for sure.
@lisafransisca, Thank you again for a window onto the current Korean entertainment scene with SLA related  information!     :x

@lisafransisca and @africandramalover,  
You are so right about the standard set by SLA.  I will try more variety shows, too.....a great idea.  Several current dramas have been cut short lately. too.  Some have just been disappointing ( ex., Joseon Gunman) but I did enjoy the actors!  Looking for interesting dramas/films by checking out the writers and directors is something I have been trying.    That is how I found Director Park Jin Pyo.  However, it turns out that I have already watched most of his films/dramas.  Maybe I can find some documentaries of his with English subtitles.  Maybe some of the Fall shows will be good!
"Yu-Na's Street" (or Yoo-na's Street) on JTBC , which @docster6 suggested a while back, has been very good.  Lots of time devoted to slowly developing the characters (35+  Episodes so far).  A crowd of folks in a small apartment building in an area closer to Seon Jae'.s old neighborhood. Soompi has a thread for this drama, not many pages long, surprisingly.  Main character is a tough-girl, in the process of quitting, legendary pickpocket . Her boyfriend, a new tenant, a "straight arrow" kind of guy, slowly has a positive effect on each of the residents.
PS:.... I love seeing the same actors appearing repeatedly in different dramas, but I wonder at the pace they must keep!  One actor was the mermaid's uncle, then a police detective in Secret Hotel, then in another drama, all within one month!  WOW!

Does anyone know how SLA is doing in Japan ratingswise? Are they crazy for it? Are they spending all their time trying to do what we call "kuchambua na kufafanua maana za ndani" in Kiswahili? I.e Analyse and explain the hidden meanings? Are they losing sleep over it? Are the Japanese ajummas already planning to take the ships across the ocean to visit Korea like they did after winter sonata in 2002?

@africandramalover AFAIK the drama is broadcast in a cable channel so the exposure might not as big as that of public channel. But judging from the many interviews that YAI had and being the cover in Japan magazines, I think it's doing well.

PS: at YAI fanmeeting last week in Seoul, it gave the people SLA photobook which seems a limited or an exclusive edition (only for the fans who attended the fanmeeting)
10277739_760938210630506_824680898535489

And in the fanmeeting they referred to SLA and SJ a lot!
:D
[REVIEWS] Yoo Ah In Seoul Fanmeeting 2014.10.05 Stories Part 1

A My Spring Day--Secret Love Affair--City Hunter Mash-up story (with major credit to @ahpheng for her excellent captioned stories on the My Spring Day forum, which gave me the idea for this)  Mod, please forgive me in advance if it's sorta off topic.

Dear Assistant Prosecutor-nim,

apnim_zps324b7065.png

I feel the need to write you again today because I fear there is more corruption going on in your office than you may have known.pfdod_zps0f0f1a4f.png

You see, it looks to me like Madame Han mhjail_zps569f98d3.png

has escaped any meaningful amount of jail time, because I see her as Bom Yi's Mom here.byomma_zps9efc4c52.png

You need to check with your sunbae who handled her case to see why she got less jail time than Hye Won. hwtrial_zpsb7ffba82.png

What's worse, she has persuaded your Boss, Young Juhunter9-00565_zps697c4284.jpg

To come over here and moonlight as a Doctor (who has some questionable ethics regarding disclosure of donor identity in a transplant case)docdw_zpsbdb24a0b.png

I think there's foul play involved here, Assistant Prosecutor-nim. I'm pretty ticked off because Hye Won is still in jail,hwjail_zpsd4ce356e.png

and I am ready for Secret Love Affair 2--The World Piano Tour Edition (50 episodes of cutesy, cheesy, angst free fluff, extensions pending)I want episode after episode of pure bliss, watching Hye Won and Seon Jae living in a rodent-free apartment with a modern bathroom, visiting exciting European destinations while Seon Jae wins awards for his piano competitions, and of course, seeing the two of them, in Seon Jae's words, "fooling around all day"

Oh, and not that I would ever stoop to blackmail myself, heh heh, but I promise if you investigate this, I won't tell anyone about the 3-day pass you gave Hye Won to do that photo shoot for Bazaar.

htm_2014092613583398bz_zps70f7c55c.jpg
And neither will Seon Jae.
sjwedding_zpsc5553428.jpg
Thanks again,
Shamrockmom