Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest Moonrain

Cool Fanart of GB Trailer by 날자민호 of DC Gall
viewimage.php?id=20b4de2eea&no=29bcc427b
i keep re-watching the trailer. the number of views on Naver is over 92K times already...

@moonrain Thanks for bringing in the Soompi article with trans of his stage interview/s---finally I get to enjoy his wit and sweetness.  
SHOWBOX FB UPDATE

Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won are coming!Bza1WPjCIAAtpUD.jpg:large
When will I see uri Minho in the BIG SCREEN? :-S [-O<
Bza3RJACIAE5AGl.jpg

Imma go crazy! 8-}Bza3RGICYAET3I4.jpg

cr as tagged
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Gangnam 1970, 2014 예고편 (Trailer with ENG sub)http://youtu.be/v5AxjixRG7E
cr Thirtytoes

News from Allkpop

Trailer revealed for Lee Min Ho's movie 'Gangnam 1970'

Read full article here http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/trailer-revealed-for-lee-min-hos-movie-gangnam-1970

from Soompi 

class="content-title"“Gangnam Blues” Starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won Sets Premiere Date

Read full here http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/08/gangnam-blues-starring-lee-min-ho-and-kim-rae-won-sets-premiere-date/

the trailer looks amazing, Minho is awesome, i keep replaying the trailer ;))

@gracelee102009 I like that song, "ANAK", too.  BUT I am confused as to why it was chosen as the "theme song" since the synopsis does not make any inference to filial piety or parent-child relationship.  The earlier synopses point to both the lead characters being orphaned at an early age.  I can only surmise that perhaps the Director wants to make an allusion to children who rebel against a society that is supposed to care for them, in pursuit of their own dreams.   :-/
The Venue for RE:MINHO in TOKYO on Oct. 12 (Sun) & 13 (Mon):BzdRkPsCEAA2nFO.jpg

But OMO....there's a Super Typhoon ("Vongfong") that threatens Japan (and neighboring countries) this weekend (source USA TODAY).  I hope that the concert pushes through without incident.  [-O<
HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY to HEIRS' 1st broadcast <:-P(isn't it great that we see the 1st trailer of GB exactly one year after we saw the 1st epi of HEIRS?) BzbyC5JCMAAq8_r.jpg:large
cr as tagged

[K-NEWS]
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"141009 연예투데이_이민호김래원 주연 '강남1970' 다음달 개봉 720p141009 Entertainment Today "'Gangnam 1970' starring LMH, KRW opens next month"

cr goodboySR
More GB FAN ART BzcGh4ICIAA3Vnf.jpg
Bzb9xazCAAE2Lq0.jpg
cr as tagged

Wow, that GB fan art is just so intense... thanks for sharing @pixie0622.  
DF has posted the trailer:http://www.dramafever.com/news/watch-the-official-trailer-for-gangnam-blues-starring-lee-min-ho-/

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 1.6em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"WATCH: The official trailer for Gangnam Blues, starring Lee Min Ho

by KrisE

on Wed, Oct 08, 2014

LMH_Gangnam_1.png
 The wait is over! The official Gangnam Blues trailer starring Lee Min Ho is out and subbed for you all not only to watch, but to understand! 

The movie's official synopsis was also recently released, and it reads as follows:

"In the 1970s, during the height of political corruption, Gangnam, the southern part of Seoul, is starting to be transformed into a developed area. Childhood friends Jong-dae and Yong-ki struggle to get by until their shanty homes are demolished by local thugs. Desperate for cash, they get involved in violent political clashes, and they are separated. 3 years later, Jong-dae lives as an honest man with former gang leader Kil-su. Meanwhile, Yong-ki has joined Seoul's most powerful criminal gang organization, the Myeongdong-pa, and as a member, he has been entangled in a high-stakes battle over lands in Gangnam, all in the name of putting together secret presidential election funds that drive up the value of the city. As the gangs fight over the rights to various plots, Yong-ki is captured and interrogated by a rival gang..."

Along with the synopsis was a poster of Lee Min Ho with his face dripping in blood:

lmh_gangnam.jpg
Below is the official trailer of Gangnam Blues. It's intense and on the violent side, so viewer discretion is advised. Enjoy!

Gangnam Blues is set to premiere in theaters this November. 

I'm taking a short break from KJD.Let us spazz over LMH at the Beijing Concert....again. ;))
He is such a sweetie and a cutie, isn't he?BzWia5fCAAA0KWc.jpg:large

From the interview transcript posted by DF and the accompanying video, we get the sense of his spontaneity, wit and easy charm.  It's great to see how truly sensitive he is to his surroundings, and the people around him....even when he seems distracted.  Aside from immediately noticing that the crowd was clamoring for something (in a language that's foreign to him), he was also quick to offer his mic to the fan who wanted to speak.  The MC was more distracted than him and he (MC) was just standing there while Minho was busy cutting flowers!  I also like the touch of him putting a flower on the fan's ear and him not removing the flower the fan put on his ear, to the great amusement of everyone in the arena (and ours, too).  And what about the "frying pan" comment? :))  He makes these asides like he's chatting in a coffee shop instead of being onstage in front of almost 20K people.  He's just naturally warm and funny and sweet.  And I doubt if there's a poll for that....is there?  :-j
The Perfect combination of Sexy and Sweet hearta_org.gifBzV1LjxCIAEjaAv.jpg
BzZrdLvCAAAxsYz.jpg
cr as tagged

@pixie0622

BUT I am confused as to why it was chosen as the "theme song" since the synopsis does not make any inference to filial piety or parent-child relationship.  The earlier synopses point to both the lead characters being orphaned at an early age.  I can only surmise that perhaps the Director wants to make an allusion to children who rebel against a society that is supposed to care for them, in pursuit of their own dreams.   :-/

I don't know if this may be an answer to your curiosity, but the insider of Gangnam 1970 who we are already acquainted with came to DC LMH gall early in the morning today.

Here we go.

Anak, Jong Dae, and Son

At last, we are facing Kim Jong Dae alive and kicking on a screen. Though there come the main trailers before the premiere, this 55 second trailer will make you less suffering for now.

I saw some of you with quick wit already examined an unfamiliar song 'Anak' in the background. How about the story on this song at this hour of breaking dawn?

A song of a father worrying about his son who he prayed will not go on a rocky road.

"Anak' from Freddi Aguilar, one of the best composers in the Philippines in the 1970s, was a main theme Director Yoo Ha has considered from the stage of scenario writing.

Director Yoo Ha has views of his own on old pops. (I don't know if you remember the numbing sentiment of Chen Qiuxia's Graduation Tears and Feeling in 'Once Upon a Time in Highschool', and Old & Wise in 'A Dirty Carnival'.) (He doesn't seem to know much about newest pop music..)

This song of a father lingered unwaveringly worrying about his son on almost every change of the story in 'Gangnam 1970'.

Beside Jong Dae, there was a man with a father's heart who wished Jong Dae would not live a harsh life and worried about him.

Therefore, the director tries to deliver the heart of a father at that time to viewers by a song in Tagalog as an unfamiliar and unrefined sentiment as it is.

A father at that time, every father nowadays, and all parents have the same hearts toward their children...

I will listen to the song once again regarding it as my father's theme song for me.

WOW.  @zinnia Thank you so much for bringing that post.  I find it very touching.I can now totally see the context in which the Director used "Anak" for theme song.  Besides the song being especially significant to him.  
Here's the full ENG lyrics of the song "Anak":BzbWft0CAAAHrLk.jpg:large
via minojennaleeTW

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

thanks @zinia for the post to enlighten us, as I also confused why this song was chosen by the director Yoo Ha. I would say he's awesome for choosing this song.
also to @pixie for the lyric translation.. Oh i was amazed seeing the trailer yesterday, seeing him all out in fighting scene. But here I'm crying after knowing the lyrics of the song. The love from parents to their child is the deepest and the most tender love for me. I thought at the beginning it's only a gangster movie that we will enjoy seeing him in fighting scene as he is as a male actor, prefer doing action scene than melodrama, but this is way deeper than what I expected. I can't imagine to see Minho in a tragic role, struggling to live the hard life and protect his family at the same time. This is way too much, as I always adore his smile and playful character. I don't think I'm ready to watch this movie
:((

There's another TV show "Lord of the Ratings" '시청률의 제왕' that featured LMH ("Hallyu King") today.
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"141004 시청률제왕 핫필이면_대륙의 남신 이민호컷

Have no idea what it's about but there's plenty of LMH in there, from BOF to GB, recordings to CFs, etc.Hope someone can enlighten us.
BzdzEO3CMAA0rxO.jpg
BzdzQr7CMAAGFO1.jpg
BzdzSarCAAAOmS2.jpg

BzdzD5nCcAE__hB.jpgBzdzEW3CYAA9hsb.jpgBzdzE1-CIAAZGhE.jpg

cr goodboySR

================
@gracelee102009 That reflection is insightful, thank you.  And somehow, after reading your post, DESIDERATA came to mind:You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD! Nice to see young and old LMH in one video :))
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[FANMADE] LEE MINHO 둘이서 (Two People)

cr 연필심 by DC

BONUS:Pretty Boy :xBzeRaJvCYAMyJHO.jpg:large
cr as tagged

In commemoration of HEIRS' 1st anniversary (of 1st epi), let me bring you KIM TAN FAN ART!(I'm sure Cha Eun Sang will be covered in PSH thread, and we know where to find TanEun stuff ;)) )
Wow, looking at these pics again, you wouldn't think it's only been a year, right?  LMH has undergone a tremendous transformation---first, to become Kim Tan from Choi Young; and now to become Kim Jong Dae after Kim Tan.  Amazing, isn't it?
BzdlYXICAAA3cQ2.jpg:large
by 영원 with Dave

BzeARnwCcAAfxhM.jpg:large

Bzek8T8CUAAgEQv.jpg:large

cr as tagged