[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I have my headphones on with Sogyeokdong on repeat. I agree that the headphones make a big difference. It enhances everything. I would love to hear more of their collab, maybe even an entire album. I'm a music lover and enjoy music of every style and genre. 2014 has been a year of collaborations for IU in the biggest way. She's a bona fide superstar and a force to be reckoned with. Her artistic colors are shining through with every new release. I'm so amped up for her next full length album, whenever that is.

@mumfu english lyrics

There is a back story to this on what actually happened during the 80's in Korea and Sogyeokdong....
Reading it makes the lyrics more meaningful

"【《昭格洞》背后的故事】 昭格洞是韩国一段黑暗现代史的地点。国军机要司令部的总部之前就在那里,现在已成为美术馆。 全斗焕政权的初期,从1981~83年,所有学生激进分子都被迫服兵役。 而在这‘绿化工程’的过程中,6位年轻人丧命。" cr squishy

[sogyeokdong Back story] Sogyeokdong used to be a dark and troubling period in the Korean History. It used to be the headquarters of the Defence Security Command and has now converted into a Fine Arts Mueseum. During the early years of Major General Chun Doo Hwan's regime (1981~1983), students were forced into military service and martial law was forcefully implemented. Confrontation and protest started to arise and more reform was initiated and in the process many young people died. (FYI this major general carried out a military coup d'état and assassinated the then president Park Chung Hee)

[LYRICS] IU X Seo Taiji - Sogyeokdong

English translation

Strolling lonesomely down the narrow alley stairway 
that you and I used to stroll down together,
the deep fragrance of the past brushes past me.

The day you went away, actually I…

Lights, icicles hanging on the eaves and the sound of sparrows
I want to stay in this beautiful village.
Do you remember Sogyeokdong? 
It still remains the same today.

White flurries of snow late at night.
As the layers of white pile up, my heart flutters with anticipation.
I didn’t get a wink of sleep that night.
I couldn’t fall asleep, thinking that if I opened my eyes again,
all this would vanish before me.

One day, when the stream suddenly dried up,
my young heart died just like the water in the stream.
I remember everything about you.
Small moments in a day would make my day.
Then one day, my world turned upside down.
Cherish what you have now, for it could vanish in an instant.

I don’t want to forget about this, but I don’t even have a single photo left.
I just keep telling myself that I’ve done all I could.

Translation by squishy with love

——————————————————

Korean

나 그대와 둘이 걷던 그 좁은 골목계단을 홀로 걸어요
그 옛날의 짙은 향기가 내 옆을 스치고

널 떠나는 날 사실 난…

등 및 처마 고드름과 참새소리 예쁜 이 마을에 살거에요
소격동을 기억하나요 지금도 그대로 있죠

아주 늦은 밤 하얀 눈이 왔었죠 소복이 쌓이니 내 맘도 설렜죠
나는 그날 밤 단 한숨도 못 잤죠
잠들면 안돼요 눈을 뜨면 사라지죠

어느날 갑자기 그 많던 냇물이 말라갔죠
내 어린 마음도 그 시냇물처럼 그렇게 말랐겠죠
너의 모든걸 두 눈에 담고 있었죠 소소한 하루가 넉넉했던 날
그러던 어느 날 세상이 뒤집혔죠 다들 꼭 잡아야 잠깐 사이에 사라지죠

잊고 싶진 않아요 하지만 나에겐 사진 한 장도 남아있지가 않죠
그저 되뇌면서 되뇌면서 나 그저 애를 쓸 뿐이죠

iu is still at #1 on the instiz real time chart ^_^ and I still can't stop listening ~ ~ ~ ~
i'm confused though, did she manage an all-kill or not bc i didn't see any articles but i saw a couple of IU fan accounts on twitter say she managed an all kill / and is an all perfect kill still a possibility? thanks to whoever can answer. have a lovely weekend everyone 

panackeblues said: iu is still at #1 on the instiz real time chart ^_^ and I still can't stop listening ~ ~ ~ ~
i'm confused though, did she manage an all-kill or not bc i didn't see any articles but i saw a couple of IU fan accounts on twitter say she managed an all kill / and is an all perfect kill still a possibility? thanks to whoever can answer. have a lovely weekend everyone 

oooo and I finally had time to sit down and listen to this song with my earphones and boy boy boy her voice just shoots straight into my heart... The fragility in her voice but at the same time calming and comforting tone she sings with. awwwwww~~~~~ makes it all so goooooood.

Then listening to it with the lyrics in sync...omg~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ never mind that synthetic sound.... I was so captivated in her voice that it was totally drowned out... like what just happened here people????? Did time stop????

@nikki89 thankyou kamsa for the lyrics and story. Majayo the headphones make an awesome difference. I took that suggestion from @panackeblues and posted it on twitter. Waiting for the MV now.

@nikki89 Thanks for the very insightful post about the lyrics and back story. And here I thought it was an imaginary place like the Gorillaz's On Melancholy Hill. It's very bittersweet considering the political context. There's more than meets the eye, or ear I should say. Very deep.

Kekekeke... Chipmunk mentioned number 1! LOL

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name headline" title="Handsome managers of idols" Handsome managers of idols 10/04/2014

Instiz: Handsome managers of idols

1.jpg
IU's manager

=====

- IU's manager... wow...

- Seung Hwan oppa ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Woah the managers are handsome...

- Woah I need to get married to them

- I was really surprised with Beast's manager when I saw him irl at a concert...

- I thought IU's manager was Park Hyung Sik

Source http://kpopkfans.blogspot.ca/2014/10/handsome-managers-of-idols.html

Ahh~... I c... so thats why there is 2 versions. Altho the IU part is more to from the boy pov. So the next part... will it be from the girl's pov?
Its interesting, they swap the pov :-?

And also why IU put that (what it called in english? Wheel wind??) there. She is the ghost of the girl or something ^^a

Maybe IU is the grown up version of the girl and that's why she put the pinwheel there. I'm not too sure. It's an interesting MV, to say the least, but maybe it'll make more sense when the other half of the collaboration is revealed.