[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Skellig said: keylimeshi said:
-is it ok to be annoyed with MY at the moment? Like, i understand that she is still hurt and still doesn't know the truth behind why geon did that to her, but idk give the guy a break. I think i was mostly annoyed at the fact that she told him to stop eating at her mom's place. Like wtf what's wrong with liking the food there and visiting once in a while? Maybe she should clear it up with her mom first and ask if she doesn't mind him coming. The same thing happened at Gae Ddonggie's death spot, i thought that was kinda mean of her to tell him to stop visiting the area bc he was her child. it was his too.. just bc he "gave up his rights" or w/e, doesn't mean he didn't love his child. I think those two things are what annoyed me most with MY this episode, i just couldn't side with her this episode and i just wish they would reconcile already bc im tired of seeing them be so push/pull w/ each. It's like they're getting farther apart rather than closing the gap

Guest snowflakesj16

Just a reminder, please don't quote images and videos, when quoting posts with images/videos, remove them first. Doing such can actually cause the pages to load up slowly specially for those who don't have super fast internet connections. In one way or another, we'll know that you're referring to this or that image based on the person you quoted so there's no need to quote the pics again. Thanks.
Now going back to the drama, my heart went out for Geon when he was talking to Gae Dong~ii while eating the cake he brought. If only Mi Young would have heard and seen it. :( 
Since Mi Young wants matters about her collaboration with Jang In Chemicals to be coursed through Sec. Tak, I hope he'll blurt out to her about the fact that Geon bought her painting. Also, hope he'll come to know that Mi Young isn't engaged with Daniel yet, and he'll come to tell Geon about it. Or could be Mi Young finds Geon's phone and comes to know that he's Lee Young Ja, ah, but I think that scenario would be too way off, but still, it could be one way for Mi Young to know that Geon really still cares for her.
Mi Young gets all scared again seeing how Geon worries for her after knowing that she's sick, cause she knows that's how she fell for him in the first place. Based on the way Mi Young looked at Geon in the preview, could be during the presentation for the collab project, it seems like something has happened to make her look at him that way. I wish the misunderstanding between the couple would already be cleared, it hurts so much seeing how they're trying to act tough in front of each other when they're clearly still in love with each other.  

Guest mywebfoot

I must be a real sucker for punishment, because I really enjoyed ep 15. Maybe not enjoyed in the haha sense, but enjoyed in the sense of riding along this tender, sensitive exploration of two very hurt people trying to fight this tidal wave of emotions that they are feeling around each other. LG's lesson this episode came to a head in the arboreteum - 'Don't be a man who cannot take responsibility for another person's feelings.' Ooof. It's true, count them. These are his victims: Mom, Sera, Mi Young. What I love about this show is the way they've taken the original bad guy in the TW version, and turned him into a good person whose behaviours are bad. He never set out to hurt anyone, and was just making the best decisions among a set of shitty options, and still he hurt a bunch of women in his life. Mi Young has finally shown her cold side, the part of her that she froze over in an effort to numb her pain. I like it. She was too good to be true before, but now she's been hurt and she's finally reacting to that hurt like the rest of the world would - with bitterness, defensiveness and excessive caution. It's normal and right for her to behave like this to the man who made her fall in love with him, despite her better judgment back then. Of course she is watching herself with dismay start to fall in love with him again, ignoring her hard-earned wisdom. Sure, as a viewer and a snail couple fan I bemoan her timing, which accounts for why everyone here is just so frustrated. Still, I like it. I like watching each delicious crack in their armour. I am delighted everytime LG slips up and calls her Mi Young-ssi. I savour the moments where there is so much double-speak. Gaedonggie - not just the child, but the child Mi Young was. (It was her nickname too). "Gaedonggie-ah, again I am sorry," LG mourns by the roadside. I laugh, in sympathy and in horror, when the two of them determinedly insert 'contractor' and 'contractee' in their sentences, simultaneously acknowledging and denying their history. Dear friends, FTLY has got me, well and good. I will go wherever these writers take me. 

keylimeshi said:

- I was kinda hoping we'd have them talk things out this episode. It's clear that Geon is still in pain from GD's death and idk i wonder if he had some sort of counseling after? I think the differecne between MY and Geon's grief process is that, that MY had DP to lean on and got some sort of counseling with him. I feel like Geon has kept his in and instead of grieving with someone he just worked? I know they both miss GD btw... im not saying one grieved more than the other. I just with Geon would tell her like "hey i miss our child too, it's not just you dont think im some cold richard simmons who didn't even care" bc that's what im getting from MY right now tbh. 

Guest pinkbunny2014

Best part of the episode! I loved her expression when she realises it's Geon and says loudly that the bird must have flown off, only to appear right behind him :))

Ditto! And the way LG sneaked around the bushes was hilarious. When he imitated different bird sound, the more he did it the harder I laughed. he didn't actually get better each time, only to be found out by MY! =))

So many Gun-Miyoung interactions! Mostly bitter, but I'll have that any day over none at all.

I'm glad he kept the painting like the minority of us had suspected. I think it's too much a large key to how Miyoung will realize Gun's sincere love and wishes for her.

"The Classic" :)) Someone had guessed it last night and you were right! At first I went "Aweee..." :\">, but a second later I realized the parody and =)) . So brilliant!! One of my favorite scenes in this episode was the two lovebirds chirping at each other, the lady chasing the man. Haha! So cute.

True @keylimeshi‌. Even though I feel Miyoung has all the rights (in her perspective) to be cold to Gun, I feel she doesn't have the right to push him away from Ggaedongie and Omma. I understand how she thinks it will affect Omma if Gun keeps lingering around, she doesn't want Omma to be attached when she believes he, end the end, won't be able to take responsibility (much like what happened to her when she fell in love with Gun, but only to have him let her go so easily). But ultimately, he is right. His relationships with his baby and his mom are his. Yes, they connect him to Miyoung, but in no way has he interrupted Miyoung's life in those three years. He loved them to himself and on his own.

That was a good ending. I will be surprised if they kiss (although I honestly think Gun wouldn't mind Miyoung being sick), but I do hope they will be stuck in that room for awhile longer, so they can have a real heart-to-heart session. I think timing is right. It might have sounded like small talk, but I think it was the least uncomfortable Gun has ever been around Miyoung when he spoke of the rain. I was very moved by him making those rain drop sounds and "translating" them to Miyoung. It was him being honest in front of her in a long time.

funny how LG can still convince MY to do what he wants by using his one-of-a-kind reasoning...lol

when MY refused the coat, he asked, "why, you still have feelings for me?" making MY grab the coat quickly just to disprove his assumption.

he did it so many times before like when they were sharing the bed for the first time and he said, "first one to leave has feelings for the other..."

oh LG, so childish sometimes, but so adorable.

and MY, despite Paris, is still utterly gullible to it all.

one of the reasons why FTLY is so...amazingly lovable. 

:x

@songielove @mywebfoot and everyone else (can't find everyone's name to tag but this goes to all who commented) - Thanks for the insights. Sometimes reading others perspective after the watching the same things, can bring out new bout of emotions n new view of things. I feel like reading soompi is kind of a therapy session after being on an emotional roller coaster ride that every FTLY episode gave us..

Really thank you all~

Guest dongwookie

That was some seriously level-up acting by Jang Nara in that final scene! I was moved by her show of vulnerabilty, and she made me feel like shouting at Gun to please stop with the push and pull already, coz it's obvious that MY is yearning for him so much and he wouldn't even give her so much as an inch about the truth about his own equal yearning for her.

That, and that scene with Gun eating cake and mouthing "mashita" silently while trying to stifle his sob, are the ones that really made me love this episode.

@yskj I've been wondering how to describe my experience with the recent episodes.. Thank you. Like Gun, I also laugh out loud with/at him, but almost immediately after, that underlying pain, loneliness, and sadness seep through. Especially in this episode. :( Yes to all the above for FTLY team! Not many times (never, really) do we see such cohesive writing be faithful(ly good) to its rom-com genre, yet also genuine in its characters and events. Cheers!

Thank YOU @heppy and our Fated Family here. Sometimes we are so indulged and rocked by our emotions at the moment that we forget there is always more than one way to interpret what we see and how we feel. You all make this journey with our Snail Couple all the more meaningful, bearable, and enjoyably worthy.

The scene of Gunnie speaking to and eating for Ggaedongie.. I can't even. :(

Hi guys, I know that all of us waiting for the kiss scene for the beggining of ep 16.
as we know that MY has a fever, right??
My bad prediction is when LG wanna kiss MY, she will faint so, the kiss scene won't happen. :(
did I miss some stills abt the next episode??

annamchoi said:

We already have video preview, here is episode 16 text preview. we will have a party tonite?

16회
우리 미영이하고 다시 연애하나?

건(장혁)은 미영(장나라)과의 콜라보 작업에 아낌없는 지원을 해주고, 미영은 자꾸 만 자신의 곁에 머무는 건이 불편하다. 세라(왕지원)는 미영의 등장에 불안해하는 데.. 한편, 용(최우식)과 탁실장(최대철)은 건과 미영의 성공적인 콜라보 작업을 자축하 기 위해 깜짝 회식자리를 마련하고, 건과 미영을 초대한다.