Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest LadyAra

class="content-title" Jun Ji Hyun Shows Off Her Charismatic Charms as SHESMISS Model lovelymorning August 12, 2014 0 Comments

Jun Ji Hyun Shows Off Her Charismatic Charms as SHESMISS Model

On August 12, Jun Ji Hyun’s fall collection advertisement for female clothing brand SHESMISS was revealed. In the photos, she can be seen wearing monotone pieces including a jacket and a dress, posing charismatically with an alluring expression.

2014.08.11_jun ji hyun shesmiss 1

In her photos with the black jacket, Jun Ji Hyun looks very natural with a comfortable expression and her hair flowing around her face. In another photo that matches a black dress with a gray jacket, she shows off a chic, yet feminine look.

2014.08.11_jun ji hyun shesmiss 2

In the last photo, where Jun Ji Hyun is in a brown trench coat and leggings, she pulls off an even more fashionable look than her drama character Chun Song Yi, from “My Love From the Star.” After the drama, the actress caused a trench coat wave with her numerous variations of the “Chun Song Yi Coat.” In the SHESMISS pictorial, she shows off a calm and soft image that goes well with the fall collection.

A representative of the brand revealed, “We were able to reach out to the general public last S/S season through Jun Ji Hyun’s advertising power. Therefore we are expecting to see good results from this season’s collection as well.”

Meanwhile, Jun Ji Hyun has been kept busy due to the immense popularity of “My Love From the Star,” where she starred alongside Kim Soo Hyun. She’s also been dubbed the “queen of advertisements” because of the unbelievable number of advertisements that she has done over the past couple of months. [more]

Guest MerfatA

loyun said: Korea Tourism Organization responds to protests against Jun Ji Hyun's appointment as the honorary ambassador for Korean tourism

It has been announced that Jun Ji Hyun has been appointed the honorary ambassador for Korean tourism. However, due to the controversy that arose with her Chinese endorsement, netizens have expressed their dissatisfaction made by the Korea Tourism Organization, leading the organization to issue a response.

With backlash coming about, Korea Tourism Organization responded to explain that the actress had already been appointed a while back before the controversy, it's just that they their announcement had been delayed until now. 

A rep from the organization told OSEN on August 11, "We started discussing this back in February with Jun Ji Hyun's side and she was confirmed to be the honorary ambassador in early April.  We only pushed back the appointment ceremony because of the aftermath of the Sewol passenger ship tragedy.

There was the Baekdu Mountain controversy, and we do not mean to say that was not a pressing problem.  However, it's clear that Jun Ji Hyun's SBS drama 'You Who Came From the Stars' reignited Hallyu."

(http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/korea-tourism-organization-responds-to-protests-against-jun-ji-hyuns-appointment-as-the-honorary-ambassador-for-korean-tourism)

Guest LadyAra

class="content-title"Jun Ji Hyun Promotes Travel to Korea

Jun Ji Hyun Promotes Travel to Korea

Jun Ji Hyun fulfills her popular “My Love from the Star” character Cheon Song Yi’s claim as “the face of Hallyu” in her new real-life duty, becoming the honorary ambassador for the Korea Tourism Organization. 

On August 12, the actress received a plaque from Korea Tourism Organization President Byun Chu Seok in an appointment ceremony held in Seoul. Her appointment rides on her star power, especially coming off her successful comeback to TV drama through “My Love from the Star” earlier in the year. The drama has seen not only domestic but worldwide success, particularly in China, where her and co-star Kim Soo Hyun‘s popularity rose sharply.  As honorary ambassador of the Korea Tourism Organization, Jun Ji Hyun is expected to boost even more tourist arrivals to South Korea.

“My Love from the Star” started craze and trends, such as chimaek (chicken and beer) that Cheon Song Yi mentioned and consumed often in the drama. There was also much attention to their fashion, accessories, props, and even winter travel destinations. [more]

Jun Ji-hyun to represent KTO

Aug 13,2014

12193740.jpg

Jun Ji-hyun
The Korea Tourism Organization yesterday designated actress Jun Ji-hyun as its honorary ambassador.

The decision came after Jun’s most recent SBS drama, “My Love From the Star,” was viewed around 3.8 billion times in China, online and on television.

Scenes from the drama also inspired some Chinese people to eat chicken and drink beer together, and purchase the clothing Jun wore on the series.

Many Chinese tourists are also visiting Korea to tour some of the drama’s locations.

“As Chinese-speaking countries have seen a rapid growth of use of the Internet and social network services, it has reignited the Hallyu fire, which has been lukewarm recently,” said Seo Young-chung, the official in charge of the China team at the Korea Tourism Organization.

“We decided that Jun is the best person to further promote Korean culture and who will have the most influence on fans of Korean culture,” Seo continued.

Jun also shared her excitement.

“I’ll do my best to advertise how Korea is beautiful [and how its people are] kind and sophisticated through dramas and movies to promote Korea’s charm to the world more,” she said.

By Lee Sun-min

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2993401

WHEN ONE SEES GODDESS...
hahaha i know some of you are curious about how would one feel when seeing JJH in person, I think this photo gives you some clues XD
In the photo, one guy was taking photo of JJH with his cellphone, and the other HAHAHAH I believe his facial expression spoke louder than words =P
66a3b153jw1eja589ly8yj20jg0qetb1.jpg

WHEN ONE SEES GODDESS:66a3b153jw1eja58adn0oj203q05rjr9.jpg

(source: weibo @sunnday_JS)
Bonus:

This was taken from the staff of the Korea Tourism Organization LOL see this staff just ignored his boss and took photo of goddess LOL poor boss, couldn't even have a full face XD
10517474_759655050742205_105087583984575

(Source: Korea Tourism Organization Facebook)

Anyone remember goddess will have a commercial event in Suzhou, China tomorrow? haha I guess she will take early flight tomorrow morning as it will take some time for her to travel to Suzhou from Shanghai airport... SO if you want to catch goddess's airport fashion tomorrow (though I'm not sure whether our ninja goddess would just avoid all the press and enter airport secretly again LOL), keep an eye on this thread! (I think she would like the KMT (GMT+9) 8.45am flight to Shanghai tomorrow..)

loyun said: Korea Tourism Organization responds to protests against Jun Ji Hyun's appointment as the honorary ambassador for Korean tourism

It has been announced that Jun Ji Hyun has been appointed the honorary ambassador for Korean tourism. However, due to the controversy that arose with her Chinese endorsement, netizens have expressed their dissatisfaction made by the Korea Tourism Organization, leading the organization to issue a response.

With backlash coming about, Korea Tourism Organization responded to explain that the actress had already been appointed a while back before the controversy, it's just that they their announcement had been delayed until now. 

A rep from the organization told OSEN on August 11, "We started discussing this back in February with Jun Ji Hyun's side and she was confirmed to be the honorary ambassador in early April.  We only pushed back the appointment ceremony because of the aftermath of the Sewol passenger ship tragedy.

There was the Baekdu Mountain controversy, and we do not mean to say that was not a pressing problem.  However, it's clear that Jun Ji Hyun's SBS drama 'You Who Came From the Stars' reignited Hallyu."

(http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/korea-tourism-organization-responds-to-protests-against-jun-ji-hyuns-appointment-as-the-honorary-ambassador-for-korean-tourism)

[More about "Assassination"]
I forgot whether it's posted before.
Goddess will be playing two roles in the new movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super looking forward to it!!! maybe a cold blooded sniper and a warmhearted vulnerable princess??? in the opposite camp?? anyway what i wish is she will be playing the side of patriot instead of the opposite...otherwise.................><
anyway, let's loooooooooooooooooooooooook forward to "Assassination"!!
(Source: weibo translating Korean news)

[Korean News]

BHC sold 400,000 fried chicken sets in 100 days

image_readtop_2014_1092155_1407894699147

BHC sold 400,000 fried chicken sets in 100 days.  BHC explained the success is not only due to the uniqueness of their products, but also its effective marketing strategy.  Having topstar JUN JI HYUN as its model led to great positive responses.  The concept of "Chickens from the Stars" also contributed to its popularity.  The boxes used if put together would be as long as 25.2km or as high as 2.8 times the height of Mount Everest.  =))

(Source: Weibo@全智賢BYONE站, translating http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1092155)

[813 Suzhou Lanchen event update]

JUN JI HYUN arrived Shanghai

005wdQZbjw1ejat07l93nj318g0xbqcy.jpg

005AiK8Kjw1ejashvpys2j30k00qodj6.jpg

JJH arrived Shanghai and left the airport via VVIP channel.  Thanks to the dedicated Chinese fans who have been standing at the roof for a long time waiting for goddess and took the snapshots of goddess.  It's not an easy task.  You know goddess walks like WIND LOL

(Source: Weibo as tagged)

005wdQZbjw1ejat01dhdhj318g0xb12o.jpg

005wdQZbjw1ejat0es5q5j318g0xbwmx.jpg

005wdQZbjw1ejat0jywsfj318g0xb7cy.jpg

Hey, Chingus. NATE is conducting a poll on JJH's recent appointment as Korean Tourism Organization Honorary Ambassador. Let's help her out and vote for her. I know it's a poll, but it will be good for her PR. Right now APPROVED vote is leading the poll at 57%. Go here to vote....
http://comm.news.nate.com/nateq?poll_sq=21460

JEON JI HYUN APPOINTED KOREAN TOURISM AMBASSADOR. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• 찬성 APPROVED (RED) - KOREAN WAVE HAS PRINCIPLE. ELIGIBLE TO BE AMBASSADOR 
  • 반대 NOT APPROVED (YELLOW)- CHANGBAI MOUNTAIN CF. INELIGIBLE TO BE AMBASSADOR
  • 기타 OTHER
APPROVED vote is the first check off with the red line on the graph. After placing your vote, then click on the box with the red check mark to complete your vote. Then a pop up box will pop up, click that box to confirm your vote.

demarchelier said: Hey, Chingus. NATE is conducting a poll on JJH's recent appointment as Korean Tourism Organization Honorary Ambassador. Let's help her out and vote for her. I know it's a poll, but it will be good for her PR. Right now APPROVED vote is leading the poll at 57%. Go here to vote....
http://comm.news.nate.com/nateq?poll_sq=21460

JEON JI HYUN APPOINTED KOREAN TOURISM AMBASSADOR. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• 찬성 APPROVED (RED) - KOREAN WAVE HAS PRINCIPLE. ELIGIBLE TO BE AMBASSADOR 
  • 반대 NOT APPROVED (YELLOW)- CHANGBAI MOUNTAIN CF. INELIGIBLE TO BE AMBASSADOR
  • 기타 OTHER
APPROVED vote is the first check off with the red line on the graph. After placing your vote, then click on the box with the red check mark to complete your vote.

Guest wwffmm

Hi Chingus,

I've a question...

For the NATE poll, after clicking the button with a tick at the bottom, there comes a pop up box, shall I click that button ? after that pop up box, the voting is complete?

Thanks in advance