Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Jun Ji Hyun is as glamorous as ever for 'SHESMISS'
jun-ji-hyun_1402945295_af_org.jpg

Actress Jun Ji Hyun of 'You Who Came From the Stars' fame looked as stunning as ever with her latest summer photo shoot for female clothing brand 'SHESMISS,' which disclosed the gorgeous shots on June 16.
In the pictures, she has her signature long, wavy hair down and slightly blowing in a gentle wind.  She is dressed in a mature, summery look with bright bold colors like red and pink, but also tones it down with a light, patterned blouse and white skinny jeans.  
A rep said, "After she won at the 'Baeksang Arts Awards,' the customers are responding even more to Jun Ji Hyun.  We expect that the products Jun Ji Hyun is wearing in this photo shoot will garner a great response this summer."
jun-ji-hyun_1402945271_JunJiHyun1.jpgjun-ji-hyun_1402945271_JunJiHyun2.jpg

allkpop

Jun Ji Hyun Is a Beautiful Mannequin in Her Latest Fashion Pictorial

Jun ji hyun almost appears to be a living mannequin as she shows off a red dress in one photo, and a breezy looking shirt and slacks combination in another. A representative.

On June 16, actress Jun Ji Hyun released a pictorial as the brand ambassador and model for a domestic women’s clothing line.

In the photos, the actress pulls off a sexy yet chic appearance; her flawless skin and slender, shapely legs have attracted particular attention and envy. Jun Ji Hyun almost appears to be a living mannequin as she shows off a red dress in one photo, and a breezy looking shirt and slacks combination in another. Her simple yet polished styling and the white walls used as a backdrop, revealing only a hint of sky, allow the viewer to focus on the clothing.

A representative of the clothing brand stated that “After Jun Ji Hyun won at the Paeksang Art Awards, our customers’ interest in her has increased considerably. We are expecting considerable demand this summer for the clothing she has worn in the pictorial.”

The actress is reputed to be in negotiations for a sequel to the popular drama “Man From the Stars.”

Cr. Soompi.com

[Translated news]
JUN JI HYUN & KIM SOO HYUN chosen as model for Chinese mineral water
PS14061900077.jpg

Chinese business group Evergrande invested Changbai San mineral water to enter the mineral water market.  They have chosen Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun as brand ambassador.  Jun Ji Hyun has finished the CF shooting in China in the beginning of this month.  Kim Soo Hyun has also finished the CF shooting recently.
source: (weibo @韓國me2day translating http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01197206606123360&DCD=A10102)

[Translated news]
A TV remake of "MY SASSY GIRL"
My-Sassy-Girl1.jpg

"My Sassy Girl" starring Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun will be reborn as a TV Drama remake.  Recently the script writer has been working on the script and set the target that to air the drama in second half of next year.  As a highly popular movie released in 2001, "My Sassy Girl" was very well received in China and Japan.  Fans are concerned who will be the main leads of this drama remake.
(source: Weibo @韩流音悦Tai, translating http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01230006606123360&DCD=A10102)
-----------------------------------Alright.......last time were talking about a movie sequel...and now a TV drama remake.......... @-)And after USA, China, Japan and India, Korea finally makes a remake themselves LOL 
More info:List of remake of "My Sassy Girl":

American film

This American remake of the film is set in New York City's Central Park and Upper East Side. Director Yann Samuell states "It's a fable about destiny, in the end." whilst Jesse Bradford who plays the lead protagonist summarized the movie as "a romantic comedy about how they pull each other to a more healthy place by virtue of their relationship."[3]

Japanese drama

Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and actress Rena Tanaka are the lead characters in the Japanese drama of the same name which started broadcasting in April 2008.

Bollywood film

Bollywood version called Ugly Aur Pagli starring Ranvir Shorey and Mallika Sherawat was released on August 1, 2008. The movie is directed by Sachin Khot.

Chinese film

Chinese version named My Sassy Girl 2 (我的野蠻女友2) directed by Joe Ma stars Lynn Hung and Leon Jay Williams was released on 2010.

Tollywood film

Telugu remake of the film was made starring Bharat and Videesha. It was titled Maa Iddhari Madhya.

[Translated news]
Thanks to Jun Ji Hyun, Samsung sold 5000 high-end refrigerator in 100 days
article.jpg

Samsung Electronics revealed that more than 5000 units of the Jun Ji Hyun endorsed high-end refrigerator which costs 7.39 millions won (about US$7500) per unit were sold in 100 days since its debut.  In April 1000 units were sold and the figures rose to 5000 by 100 days.  There is a 1.5 times sales increase.
(source: Weibo @全家桶_图腾, translating http://news1.kr/articles/1730193)
-----------------------------5000 X US$7500 = US$37.5 millions :-O ) ....and in 100 days :-O

Guest gogoing

Despite the common http://www.mmoggg.com/ absolution of new Mario titles, Nintendo does not accept it is diluting the ability of the admired platforming brand.
Speaking with Shacknews, Nintendo arch administrator of accumulated communications Charlie Scibetta said so connected as anniversary new acceptance is innovative, the Mario casting will not lose its freshness.

'My Sassy Girl' in production for drama remake next year!
PS14061900121_99_20140619113016.jpg
Article: [Exclusive] Who will be the second Jun Ji Hyun? 'My Sassy Girl' plans to hit the small screen next year
Source: E-Daily via Naver

1. [+2,687, -41] Won't be able to beat Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun...
2. [+1,789, -55] ㅜㅜ Only Jun Ji Hyun is capable of acting that character..
3. [+1,717, -63] I'll watch it if Jun Ji Hyun is the lead ㅋㅋ
4. [+1,423, -54] I don't think there's an actress who can pull off that character like Jun Ji Hyun can
5. [+380, -16] Don't ruin the original unless you're going to go with Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun. 'My Sassy Girl' is legendary.

201406190946493310_1.jpg
Source: Nate
1. [+598, -11] Don't really care for it unless it's Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun...
2. [+554, -11] Don't really care for it unless it's Cha Tae Hyun...
3. [+557, -15] Don't really care for it unless it's Jun Ji Hyun...
4. [+21, -1] Change the concept to 'My Sassy Ajumma' and keep Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun
5. [+20, -1] It has to be Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun unless they're looking for failure. If they want daebak, those two need to be cast. Or if they're looking to half richard simmons it and make quick ad money, I guess they could cast one Hallyu singer and one expensive actor and take it to makjang. Either way, the drama will 100% fail without Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun
Source: NetizenBuzz

------------------------------------------------------
This news is one of the hot issues beside the dating news between SNSD's Taeyeon & EXO's Baekhyun today :D
I'm really happy when Korean people always support for our goddess & their love for My Sassy Girl is endless :)
Honestly I don't want JJH to appear in this remake version. She can be criticized because she always played the sassy roles like this.
As everyone said, no one can portray that female role perfectly like JJH did and he original version will be always the best one ^^
tumblr_n0psaaay1V1rkcrmto1_400.gif

• Like 1

suney

said:

'My Sassy Girl' in production for drama remake next year!

------------------------------------------------------
This news is one of the hot issues beside the dating news between SNSD's Taeyeon & EXO's Baekhyun today :D
I'm really happy when Korean people always support for our goddess & their love for My Sassy Girl is endless :)

[size=2]

Honestly I don't want JJH to appear in this remake version. She can be criticized because she always played the sassy roles like this.

[/size]

As everyone said, no one can portray that female role perfectly like JJH did and he original version will be always the best one ^^

June 19, 2014
Top 5 female hallyu stars whose look barely changed over time
Source: The Korea Herald (for full pics compilation)
Most female celebrities spend tremendous time and effort on keeping their beauty. From skin care to fashion items, the range of their “beauty effort” is broad. Among those, however, some have shown off a natural beauty from a young age. The Korea Herald has listed the top five female hallyu stars who have had attractive looks since they were young. 
1. Song Hye-kyo Actress Song Hye-kyo’s old pictures show a pure and cute look from a young age. She had an interview during middle school on receiving an award in a school uniform model contest. 
2. Han Ga-in Han Ga-in’s high school pictures are nearly same as now. Thanks to her pretty look, Han was picked as a random news report interviewee during high school. Later, she debuted as an Asiana Airline model. 
3. Kim Tae-hee Rain’s girlfriend Kim Tae-hee pursued short hair during school. Except that, Kim’s look has barely changed. She was reportedly one of the top students in school from elementary school to high school. She later entered Seoul National University, Korea’s top university and debuted as an actress. 
4. Lee Min-jung Actress Lee Min-jung, who is also the wife of global star Lee Byung-hun, has boasted a pretty look since she was little. Her big eyes and facial shape are the same as now. 
5. Jun Ji-hyun 20140619001607_0.jpg
(OSEN)
Past photos of Jun Ji-hyun -- the heroine of “My Love from the Star” -- show a smart look. From high school, she started keeping her hair long. Jun debuted as a commercial model. 
20140619001608_0.jpg

June 20, 2014
'Sassy Girl' to be made into drama
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE  Korea JoongAng Daily

19200057.jpg
One of Korea’s most memorable rom-com films “My Sassy Girl,” starring Cha Tae-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun, will return in a drama adaptation, according to local reports yesterday.
The adaptation, which is set to finish next year, reportedly has shown no significant progress in the past two years since a contract was signed with its drama production company Raemongraein. 
However, with the film’s female lead Jun reigniting a Hallyu syndrome with her recent SBS drama “My Love From the Star,” the movie was revisited by many Asian fans, which caused the drama’s production to proceed quicker than expected.
The film “My Sassy Girl,” which opened in 2001, attracted more than five million moviegoers. The film was remade into an American movie and a Japanese drama in 2008. 
The cast for the drama is yet to be confirmed. 

Guest queeniet

38:09a very well known director  who is a fan of jjh make some comments about her that make me goes awweeeee. jang jin director, i feel the same way as you do.it's kinda sad that he been trying to cast her but she reject him all these time LOL. i just realized goddess is the type to reject so if she call someone to work with them, she must like them a lot. cough soohyun cough 39:50actor Oh Jeongse talk about acting in one scene with her
i kinda watch this episode because jjh was mentioned but this was one hilarious episode.

Guest seohyun28

Hello~ We are hiring admins for Jun Ji Hyun Facebook Fan Page. If you want to be an admin and post update about her please send me a message here in soompi. Kamsahamnida!!~

10450810_283748891805400_141755623979491

:-h hello!

in my opinion, I am 50/50 on the idea of Jun Ji Hyun on a remake or a sequel. More often than not, remakes (My Sassy Girl) and or sequels (You Who Came From The Stars) are not as successful as their predecessors. Comparisons to the original will be inevitable. It may go on Ji Hyun's favor or not. It will be a huge gamble. Unless, the script is flawless and will be handled by a seasoned experienced director, then it may be worth the risk. I would rather prefer seeing Ji Hyun in an original story written by a good scriptwriter being managed by an award-winning director. Her past movies (pre-Thieves), though showcased her growth as an actor, don't do justice to what she can give more as an artist. Even her past acting coaches acknowledge now that Ji Hyun is such an underrated actress, has so much potential, and that, though she's reaping so much praises from her recent acting (it's about time people!), we are only seeing the 60%. So imagine a 100% Ji Hyun! I'm such a fan.  ^:)^

class="content-title" style="font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Controversy Arises after Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun Are Chosen to Model for Chinese Water Company, Agencies Respondjun-ji-hyun-kim-soo-hyun-800x450.png

Man from the Stars” actors Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun were recently caught up in controversy after having been chosen as the models for Hongda Group’s mineral water company Hongda Bingchuan (恒大氷泉).

The issue centers around the fact that the source of the water was named as Changbai Mountain. Changbai is the Chinese name for Baekdu Mountain, a mountain between the border of North Korea and China. This arose as a problem, as many think of this as stemming from China’s Northeast Project, which is an academic project that claims and aims to prove that historical Korean kingdoms were part of and under the control of China. The issue is a political one, and many are raising their voices in favor of the opinion that the choice of naming the mountain Changbai instead of Baekdu is an attempt to express the area around the mountain as under Chinese influence.

Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun’s respective agencies have made an official statement on the matter. Both agencies said that they didn’t realize that the company referred to the mountain as Changbai Mountain.

Kim Soo Hyun’s agency KeyEast said, “In choosing a company, we did not think to check the name of the water source. It was a detail that we should have checked more carefully, and we apologize for bringing up this issue.”

Culture Depot, Jun Ji Hyun’s agency, said, “Currently, we are discussing the matter with the Chinese company, and our agency is working to resolve the matter, as well.”

Source

http://www.soompi.com/2014/06/20/controversy-arises-after-jun-ji-hyun-and-kim-soo-hyun-are-chosen-to-model-for-chinese-water-company-agencies-respond/