Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Updates:

- JJH rate for this CF (Chinese shoes brand) is RMB10 millions (around US$1.6 millions)
- JJH is currenly shooting CF with Nicholas Tse, who arrived Seoul the day before yesterday.  There will be TV CF as well. :x
- It is always a term in JJH's contract that no one except the offical cameraman could request taking photo with her or take any camera / device with camera function to the shooting site in order to avoid unauthorized phototaking.
- Nicholas's manager said the CF is almost finished and Nicholas was very happy with the shooting and said JJH was very nice.  They have taken photos together behind scenes as well.
- LOL the news report also stated JJH care about her image so much that she would give out her own photo to fans when autograph is requested LOL (she can never wipe out her image in the New Zealand incident XD)
- As the crew base is in Taiwan, the brand originally wanted to shoot in Taiwan.  But JJH doesn't want to leave Seoul as she doesn't want to leave her husband frequently, so she insisted she would only sign the deal if it is shot in Seoul.  And the brand agreed eventually.

(Source: Hong Kong Apple Daily, 29.04.2014, http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/entertainment/art/20140429/18703562)

Jun Ji Hyun Donates 100 Million Won for Ferry Victims
2014.04.29 14:08 Newsen Lee So Dam Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung       

Jun Ji Hyun made a donation for the victims of Sewol ferry.

On April 29, the Korean Red Cross revealed through a press release that Jun Ji Hyun made a donation in the amount of 100 million won for the victims and families of the sunken Sewol ferry.

Jun Ji Hyun Donates 100 Million Won for Ferry Victims

An affiliate of Jun Ji Hyun stated, “Jun Ji Hyun expressed her sadness every time she heard the news about the lost lives and the suffering the families were going through. She said, ‘My heart is full of sadness. I hope the families do not lose their hope. Even though this is a small contribution I would like to share the painful heart with the families of the victims.’”

Jun Ji Hyun previously donated all the congratulatory money she received for her wedding in 2012 and canceled her campaign event that was scheduled to take place in Myeongdong on April 17 to express her condolences.

(http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/64783/junjihyun-makes-donation-for-the-ferry-victims)

--------------------------More:
Korean news revealed that JJH has used her real name "Wang Ji Hyun" to make the donation.  And it's Red Cross discovered that when they check their donation lists.

April 29, 2014
Lee Young Ae talks about her friendship with Jun Ji Hyun.
Source: STARN News
20140428175041_535e1661bdd39_1.jpg

Lee Young Ae talked about her friendship with Jun Ji Hyun.
Recently, actress Lee Young Ae attended an event that was hosted in Hong Kong by Cartier, and had an interview with a local press.
During the interview, Lee Young Ae talked about her recent condition, and her friendship with Jun Ji Hyun.
While talking about Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Young Ae said, “I did not miss a single episode of ‘My Love from the Star.’”
She went on, “She is a very good friend of mine, and she is the actress who made to the first birthday party of my twins. I am always monitoring her, and she is a fabulous actress.”
Regarding her casting in drama ‘Dae Jang Geum 2,’ she said, “I realize that many fans in Chinese region are very curious about my decision, but I have not made any decision yet. I am going through a lot of considerations, but since ‘Dae Jang Geum’ made such a huge hit, I will have to do a better job, and that is why I am feeling hesitant.”
Meanwhile, Lee Young Ae and Jun Ji Hyun became friends after shooting a CF together.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

April 29, 2014
Jeon Ji-Hyeon donates one hundred million.."praying the families won't give up hope"
Source: Innolife Korea
9409_1.jpg

Today(29th), the Korean National Red Cross announced, "Jeon Ji-Hyeon donated one hundred million won under her real name Wang Ji-Hyeon."
Jeon Ji-Hyeon explained through the Korean National Red Cross that, "She felt heartrended every time she heard about the news of students who were sacrificed in the accident and mournful story of the bereaved family." Also, she added, "Praying that left families won't give up hope. I wanted to share the wound with the bereaved family even though it's a small act."
Meanwhile, Jeon Ji-Hyeon also donated all the congratulatory money on her wedding in 2012. Hearing about Sewol ferry incident, she also expressed her condolences cancelling the campaign which was scheudled on the 17th in Myeongdong.

Guest nf911

Hi All,

If you don't have android smartphone, however still would like to vote for KSH or JJH in Baeksang/Paeksang app, you can use Bluestacks for PC or Bluestacks for Mac. The free app can be downloaded at http://www.bluestacks.com/ . Once you install, then just follow the steps in Quynh's signature to install the Baeksang/Paeksang app. I've tried it and voted successfully using Windows 8.1 .

Pre-requisites:
1. Set up your credit card details in Google Wallet. If you are hesitant to provide credit card account, you might use virtual credit card where you can specify the limit of money in the card. This is supported by some banks, for example Citibank.
2. Facebook account.

Since most of the fans have voted for KSH, I've partially voted for JJH. Hopefully there will be chance of her coming to the award if she wins something. *cross my fingers*.

Guest janeunbi

I see 45 ppl online in this forum we should encourage each other to vote for JJH so that she wil win together with KSH please.

Guest janeunbi

hongchae1 said: It's okay for me if JJH won't win popularity award in baeksang because its a tough competition. what's important is the best actress or the Daesang!! bwahahaha! 

Best actress and Daesang is the goal

class="region-cat" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"[!!!OMG WALL STREET JOURNAL AGAIN!!!]
FASHION JOURNAL
itemprop="headline" style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Georgia, 'Century Schoolbook', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 3.3rem; margin: 0px 0px 0.6rem; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"A Jimmy Choo Shoe's Path to Being a Global Best Seller class="subHed deck" style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Georgia, 'Century Schoolbook', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); min-height: 2.1rem;"The Abel Sells Out in Asia After an Appearance on a Korean Show
Updated April 30, 2014 7:36 p.m. ET
PJ-BU597_FASHIO_G_20140430200051.jpg

The Abel pump played a key role in a plot line of 'My Love From the Star' and got numerous close-ups.SBS International Inc.

A glittery Jimmy Choo heel was flying off the shelves in Shanghai and Beijing. Store clerks notified executives at the brand's London headquarters that clients were coming in with smartphone snapshots of the shoe on a mysterious new television show. Within days, the Chinese stores were sold out, and so was Seoul.

As demand for the shoe rippled around the globe throughout January, moving from Asia to Europe and finally to the U.S., Jimmy Choo's chief executive Pierre Denis got a crash course in the impact of Korean and Chinese media, even as he faced hurdles getting more of the shoes manufactured. The shoes are finally starting to arrive in stores, four months later.

The tale of the shoe, a dainty $625 pump called the Abel, illustrates how fads, magnified and fueled by social media, now move around the globe far faster than manufacturers of handmade luxury goods can respond. It also says a lot about the growing importance of Asian consumers and the way they consume entertainment media and luxury goods.

View GraphicsPJ-BU583_FASHIO_D_20140430200309.jpgSBS International Inc. (My Love from A Star); NBCU Bank/Getty Images (First Lady); Jimmy Choo (4)

Korean film star Jun Ji-hyun slipped on the Jimmy Choo pump, in a sparkly gray color called "anthracite," on the second episode of a new Korean soap opera. The show, "My Love From the Star" (the translation that is preferred, among many, by the production company, SBS International Inc.) launched in Korea on Dec. 18, and soon after in China.

Its plot twists like a telenovela: In the show, a handsome alien, played by actor Kim Soo-hyun, has been stranded on earth for 400 years, never aging, and winds up living next door to Ms. Jun's character. Romantic tension, nasty rivalries, Mr. Kim's superpowers, and frequent flashbacks to the 17th-century Joseon Dynasty carry the comedy/drama through 21 episodes. It airs twice weekly.

The series is a phenomenon in Korea and in China, where Korean shows garner huge audiences. In China, the show has been a top draw on online video platforms and a trendy topic on China's Twitter-like Weibo. When Ms. Jun ate fried chicken and beer in one episode, Chinese restaurants reported a surge in orders. Her Yves Saint Laurent lipstick in "rosy coral #52" and a Samsonite leather backpack worn by Mr. Kim have seen sell-out sales.

Samsonite says it wasn't told in advance that Mr. Kim would wear the backpack on the show. The company "inevitably missed out on some sales before the stock could be replenished, which took approximately 1 1/2 months," says Leo Suh, Samsonite's president for Asia Pacific & Middle East. The company subsequently reduced its lead time to 45 days.

The show's unexpected consumer impact "definitely helps the show's distribution around the world," says Kevin Kim, director of business development for SBS International, which has distributed the show in China, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines and elsewhere in Asia. It is available with English subtitles online, and is currently being dubbed in Spanish for distribution in Latin America.

Fashion brands work overtime these days to get their products on television and red carpets. They send items to stylists, give them free to celebrities, and set up give-away booths before Hollywood awards. Press agents email photos of the hits and plaster social media with them. Usually, these are brand-building exercises, as when Saint Laurent dressed Bruno Mars and his band for a Super Bowl appearance.

But Jimmy Choo—which hadn't paid for a product placement on the Korean TV show, according to a spokeswoman—had no advance notice for the shoe's big moment. The Abel had already been in stores for months when it appeared in episode two, which aired Dec. 25, as well as episodes three and four.

The Abel pump is part of Jimmy Choo's "Anouk" family—a group of best-sellers from the Choo 24:7 collection that come out seasonally in an ever-changing variety of colors and materials. The Abel, which has a 100-mm high heel, is almost identical to the Aza, a 50-mm version worn by Michelle Obama.

A stylist working for "My Love From the Star" requested the anthracite Abel, which has a glittery, fairy-tale look, along with several other styles. A plot line called for a Cinderella-type shoe that would play a key role—with several close-ups—in a case of identity confusion between two characters.

In January, with demand for the shoe swelling in much of Asia, the company's Hong Kong office drew up an illustrated story board showing images from the show to explain the phenomenon to executives in Europe. The anthracite Abel sold out completely in Asia in January. Requests came from Dubai and Europe, and the shoe sold out in the U.S. by late February. Store clerks took names for a wait list.

But production of the shoe model, part of the brand's fall 2013 collection, was long finished. The company was producing shoes for fall 2014.

Mr. Denis and his team had produced only a few hundred pairs (he declines to share specific numbers) of the Abel in the anthracite color. The company had special-ordered the shoe's complex, layered, glitter fabric from a family-owned textile company in Great Britain. In Italy, the fabric was hand-stitched and nailed on to shoe lasts, and then left to rest to take on the shape of the mold. The production took four months—standard for handmade shoes.

Still, in January, Mr. Denis demanded a re-order of the anthracite Abel pumps, in "a couple of thousand" pairs—a massive order for the brand of one style. The move, he says, required re-jiggering production among the Italian factories.

For years, film and TV-inspired trends mostly came from Hollywood. In the late 1990s, "Sex and the City" turned Carrie Bradshaw's shoe fetish into a national pastime. Saks Fifth Avenue later gave its Manhattan flagship's shoe floor a ZIP code (10022-SHOE).

Jimmy Choo, known for strong, sexy cuts and Italian craftsmanship, has benefited from TV exposure. Named for the British cobbler who founded it in 1996 with former fashion editor Tamara Mellon, the brand has had its bumps, including Mr. Choo's departure. When the brand was sold to Swiss luxury group Labelux Group GmbH in 2011, Ms. Mellon and then-chief executive Joshua Schulman resigned. Mr. Denis was wooed from LVMH, where he held executive positions with Dior and John Galliano. He is aggressively expanding Jimmy Choo around the world. "The growth is in Asia," he says.

The brand hopes for more "My Love From the Star" appearances. But there is competition. "We've reached out to the show to offer them more," says spokeswoman Dana Gers. "But I think a lot of other brands have discovered it."

Write to Christina Binkley at christina.binkley@wsj.com

[source: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304178104579533840140883978]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK whatever our goddess wears sold out around the world :))

@suney wow! thanks for sharing those gorgeous pics of JJH. So the Harper's Bazaar spread of JJH were released in Korea (April) and China and Vietnam in May? I hope she'll have more magazine covers!! hehee~ :)