[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Startulle said: Christina Lantis said: I have so many favorite scenes it's hard to choose. I particularly liked the scene in episode 8 when SJ finds out HW is at his home. The hesitation at first, glancing upstairs then taking them slowly all while primping slightly as he's not quite sure why HW is there. All that builds up to the reveal of HW upstairs dressed in his clothes prepared to stay a while, and the smile on his face when he sees her conveys such happiness. I've seen it several times and it still gets me.

Guest dualnon

Many people, including me, don't start with the idea that extramarital sex is wrong, immoral, etc.  It's actions in context that lead to my conclusions. Everything's connected so punishment for deeds are part of that context as are all the circumstances that lead up to the behavior.

That's why SLA has such a strong hold on me. I see actions and judge them but then am given another piece of the puzzle and my perspective shifts.  Talk about manipulation.  I'm in awe of this screenwriter's ability.  She has had her way with me for several weeks and all I want to do is say "take me!".

Guest ineetha

chingulinka

said:

ineetha

said: Few cents about my feel on SLA ending  ,  .. 

Though I root for HW and SJ together , its morally wrong , so they have to suffer consequences for Adultery . So they lose something very important to them as form of redemption . 

Now for HW - she held MONEY ( first priority ) earlier . Now she has SJ and his International career as her topmost priorities . So she might be losing TWO of the 3 .  Coz , she has been deceiving for a long time . So MONEY is gone for sure . So its Either SJ or his Career she has to sacrifice, Since she holds both dear to her.

For SJ - He has only 2 - HW and his Piano . So if he has to redeem for wanting another man's woman , then he has to lose one of them . 

hmm .. What I would want to happen as end is , HW getting liberated and becoming a free spirit and be independent of SJ or his Piano and be self sufficient in her own way . Earlier she wanted MONEY - to fill her void space.Now she needs SJ - to complete herself . So if she comes out of both of them, be independent and learn to be a happy and peaceful person to her own self . That itself is a happy ending . 

HW's marriage , Foundation , her Friendship etc .. are all fiascos and sidelines so far . In reality she is just deeply disturbed wandering spirit with no roots any where except for MUSIC .

As for SJ - Am not sure what he will choose !! Can he live without HW or Piano . I cannot choose one for him .. You guys can choose one for him :-)

Am I making sense here ?? 

Guest ineetha

docster6 said: ineetha said: After watching AWC, I feel the drama is evolution of a woman getting her lost life back. But in SLA I don't see true friends or supporters for HW. Thanks to all who recommended AWC. It's awesome. It can't replace SLA but definitely made me forget to look at clock for every few mins and count the days and my second favorite of all time.

docster6 said: Many of us have read Shorty's quick recap of recent Secret Love Affair episodes, we should read the top part of her post now, explaining the general mood of South Koreans on the street. After reading it, we should have more appreciation that Drama is only secondary:

http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/secret-love-affair-snippets/#more-41917

docster6 said: ineetha said: After watching AWC, I feel the drama is evolution of a woman getting her lost life back. But in SLA I don't see true friends or supporters for HW. Thanks to all who recommended AWC. It's awesome. It can't replace SLA but definitely made me forget to look at clock for every few mins and count the days and my second favorite of all time.

chingulinka said: docster6 said: It is actually not that difficult for Hye Won to walk away from Seohan; she is pretty clean except for her parents' account with Madam Han's chocolate money. Hye Won owns NOTHING.  Young Woo reminded her that Young Woo owns the condo, the cars, basically everything (except Hye Won's clothes). Also, when Kang checked Hye Won's glove box in her car, he found gasoline receipts. That means Hye Won buys gasoline using the company card. To outdo Young Woo, Madam Han reminded Hye Won she is the one who gave Professor Kang the job at the university. After the mahjong meeting in which Hye Won got hurt by Young Woo, Kang and Hye Won had an argument. Hye Won actually reminisced about the old days when they were in the twenties and they had nothing. Kang was angry, saying she would be happy to go back to those days (meaning he couldn't). Since Hye Won was comfortable at Seon Jae's mice-infested apartment, calling it a true home, and that she survived hiding in the storage room with mice and a cat going at it. I can see nothing stopping the heroine from leaving Seohan and go back to the basics. I would just say then, Hye Won, hwaiting!

5. Ahn Pan Seok

ahn pan seokI just want to give a nod to the drama’s PD, who obviously wants to make something challenging with SLA. I mean, here is a drama that actually has something to say about the world, and aims a little higher than the most drama in terms of substance.  But he’s here primarily to tell a story, a very human one, and not beat you over the head with a moral or an agenda. Thank god, because where’s the fun in that?

I think this quote of his from the press conference tells us a lot [italics mine]:

In other words, the majority of us in this society is living a calculating life and taking an easy way out. Oh Hye-won, a 40 years old woman, intends to follow a safe path to live her life. Until she dies, she will not have any chance to look back on the reality of her life. Once she commits the “crime,” ironically it is the moment when she examines her life and realizes that her “safe” self which presumably adheres to ethics is in reality one loaded with problems. From a social perspective, isn’t her predicament to a certain degree also the self portrait for all of us, who strives to have a deceptively easy and comfortable life?

http://ocdramadee.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/secret-love-affair-ep-1-4-why-so-sexy/#more-3146

Guest ineetha

The first thing KJH did when he suspects about the affair is go sniffing to SJ’s house. That’s when DM saw him on the steps.

The first thing DM does when she suspects the affair is sniffing near HW’s house.

Why don’t they confront the respective partners? 
What do they gain out of this stalking?

Funny though , how 2 people who are completely different in everything (education , social status , gender, personality etc ) does the same thing - Snooping around !!

docster6 said: chingulinka said: docster6 said: It is actually not that difficult for Hye Won to walk away from Seohan; she is pretty clean except for her parents' account with Madam Han's chocolate money. Hye Won owns NOTHING.  Young Woo reminded her that Young Woo owns the condo, the cars, basically everything (except Hye Won's clothes). Also, when Kang checked Hye Won's glove box in her car, he found gasoline receipts. That means Hye Won buys gasoline using the company card. To outdo Young Woo, Madam Han reminded Hye Won she is the one who gave Professor Kang the job at the university. After the mahjong meeting in which Hye Won got hurt by Young Woo, Kang and Hye Won had an argument. Hye Won actually reminisced about the old days when they were in the twenties and they had nothing. Kang was angry, saying she would be happy to go back to those days (meaning he couldn't). Since Hye Won was comfortable at Seon Jae's mice-infested apartment, calling it a true home, and that she survived hiding in the storage room with mice and a cat going at it. I can see nothing stopping the heroine from leaving Seohan and go back to the basics. I would just say then, Hye Won, hwaiting!

I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.
In general SJ is a very good guy - I really like him - he is responsible, hard-working, clean, sensitive, sincere, loving, open, shy, brave, caring, a boy and a man at the same time, good-looking, humble, idealistic, naive, a genius musician... But he is not perfect - he has one major flaw - he fell for a married woman and seduced her.
HW on the other hand is the opposite - she is scheming, cunning, lying, unfaithful, egoistic, cynical, manipulative, secretive, insincere, shameless, greedy, selling herself...
And yet, there is something undefinable in her that makes me like her, despite all bad things... it must be what SJ saw in her too - the spark of goodness and sensitiveness, her perception of music, her caring personality and her suffering behind the mask of wellbeing...

She is one flawed character with a few good features, he is one good character with one big flaw. What connects them is their love for each other. It will change HW for the better, I hope it won't change SJ for the worse..

Guest ineetha

chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.
In general SJ is a very good guy - I really like him - he is responsible, hard-working, clean, sensitive, sincere, loving, open, shy, brave, caring, a boy and a man at the same time, good-looking, humble, idealistic, naive, a genius musician... But he is not perfect - he has one major flaw - he fell for a married woman and seduced her.
HW on the other hand is the opposite - she is scheming, cunning, lying, unfaithful, egoistic, cynical, manipulative, secretive, insincere, shameless, greedy, selling herself...
And yet, there is something undefinable in her that makes me like her, despite all bad things... it must be what SJ saw in her too - the spark of goodness and sensitiveness, her perception of music, her caring personality and her suffering behind the mask of wellbeing...

She is one flawed character with a few good features, he is one good character with one big flaw. What connects them is their love for each other. It will change HW for the better, I hope it won't change SJ for the worse..

Guest dualnon

chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.

Guest ineetha

dualnon said: chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.

Guest dualnon

ineetha said: dualnon said: chingulinka said: I have been thinking about the OTP and I have very different feelings about SJ and about HW.