[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I just re-watched the episode again after reading the recaps.

SN is starting to be more like ET then BY being like ET right now.

SN has the same traits as ET, she's smart and quick and has no qualms in using any methods needed to achieve her aim. Her pride would also be her biggest weakness like it was ET's.

Her saying that the empress is not someone worth dealing with at the moment was how ET had also viewed SN up to the point she had turned the governors against him. Only then did ET realized how powerful an opponent SN was.

SN is blindsided by her pride and can't see that BT is someone very capable of causing damage. Like ET, she is underestimating BT and will likely only see BT as a threat when she loses TH.

The fallout is definitely going to happen now and watching SN suffer is going to kill but its what she needs now to grow as a character and become stronger.

It will also allow SN to face her feelings and show TH how she feels for him. All TH wants from her is her assurance of affection, she has not given him this. Everything she's done, it feels more like she's made her bed and now has to lie in it.

Guest ThaoL1430293631

Sorry for much talking, but I really dont like the way WY look LK. He must remember LK is TH' Wife. And that is good behavior of a hero???? And WY'fan , why they so happy when their hero look Th'Wife with hungry eyes??? :-& TH, protect SN from WY, I remember that only with WY 2 days so LK get pregnant...OMG..OMG..

ThaoL said: Sorry for much talking, but I really dont think the way WY look LK. He must remember LK is TH' Wife. And that is good behavior of a hero???? And WY'fan , why they so happy when their hero look Th'Wife with hungry eyes??? :-& TH, protect SN from WY, I remember that only with OT 2 days so LK get pregnant...OMG..OMG..

Ok.
First, lemme apologize for my outburst last night. I was in a bad mood and since I was in front of my keys, I instinctively reacted negatively to the "off topic" remarks on my profile. I'm not gonna ask you to remove the "off topic" you gave me;  I think I deserve them, no matter how hurtful to see them on my count.
Anyway, I'm both glad and surprised that you guys were mature enough to explain things to me. I admit things were blurry for me at that moment. I'm not usually like that. I'm always rational and calm and collected, but last night was a total exemption.
Sorry again, folks!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Can I ask you guys how did Tanashiri die? I missed that episode. I was studying because I'm about to take my Nursing board exam. Granted, she was mean and cruel but she's actually my favorite 'cause I find the actress really beautiful. She's funny, too, so I couldn't bring myself to totally hate her. She's a lighter counterpart compared to our Lady Ki.
One look at the new Empress made me cringe. I don't like the way she looks or smiles. She spells E-V-I-L from head to foot; totally on the dark side!

@tieuyeunu 
SN is blindsided by her pride and can't see that BT is someone very capable of causing damage. Like ET, she is underestimating BT and will likely only see BT as a threat when she loses TH.

The fallout is definitely going to happen now and watching SN suffer is going to kill but its what she needs now to grow as a character and become stronger. 

It will also allow SN to face her feelings and show TH how she feels for him. All TH wants from her is her assurance of affection, she has not given him this. Everything she's done, it feels more like she's made her bed and now has to lie in it. 

Sorry for cutting your post. Yes, I agree with you. You’ve brought a very important point about SN’s pride. I’ve always thought Seung Nyang’s character development was somewhat limited compared to Ta Hwan's. She’s always been the smarter, quicker, brighter than any of her challengers. Even though I think she has confronted her feelings for him when she cared for him after he took the poison arrow for her and he almost could die, I also think she does take Ta Hwan for granted. She has never been personally challenged for him. That’s why if the new empress could be more than she bargained then I think her character will grow stronger and be more appreciative of the love Ta Hwan has for her. She will definitely fight to keep it.

@palilsan I don't think SN has really shown TH to his face, he was unconscious when she attended to him, he didn't see her tears. SN is a character who doesn't like others to see her when she's emotional, so TH has never been privy to her innermost reactions to him.

I don't think SN will feel threaten by the new Empress on a love front, but more a political front. TH is her biggest supporter, like the Governors was ET's biggest supporter in the Yuan court.

TH loves SN, she knows and understands this very well. She will have to face the fact that she was the one that pushed him away, BT didn't steal him.

@djappleblush TN was hanged after she threw a massive tantrum about taking posion and then told off the three leads for making her into the evil witch that she was. She was funny when it started but she over stayed her welcome for me. New empress freaks me out too. The actress has been freaking me out since her debut drama Hon/Soul.

Oohh..... So that's what happened!
Anyway, for a little background, the new Empress was also the actress in Arang and the Magistrate, and in there she was a vengeful ghost. No wonder she's scary. I think she's cut out for such roles.
I bet she'll be a great challenge to Lady Ki. I'm actually excited for their inevitable face off.

Still.... I'll miss Baek Jin Hee, aka Empress Tanashiri. Good bye, girl! See you in another drama soon. ;)

Guest larabn

Why do I feel DK will kidnap SN next week before he finally dies
maybe next time she can chop off his sniffing nose too

Good thing SN didn't fall for this new empress' games .... but I hope she doesn't underestimate her and knows that she is a big threat
as of love, TH will always love SN and no one will replace her but I hope he doesn't take KT's side when the misunderstandings get bigger and KT starts her mind games with TH too
I'm not liking this new empress' plot and hope it ends soon and not get rid of her one ep near the end ... it seems redundant with a more evil and frustrating twist

I love the new collaboration between these 2 badass ladies .... Bi-Soo and SN are the best women power and no one can beat these two
knowing EK playing with our minds, I did suspect yesterday that Bi-Soo betraying WY was a plan with SN and I'm glad she turned out to be a loyal good warrior to WY's gang :) now I have no problem for her to apply her thick dark and sexy eyeliner all the time :P

@cacazeel
I was really glad to see your post here :) it's been a while and we missed you as well as your lovely banners too :D
@pegster
Thanks for all the translation you're really the great :) for posting them here :D and thanks for the recaps too :)
@stclaus
I hope you can still post every now and then cuz I sure loved your posts and find them very witty and funny too :)
@rinchan76
I love your insights and you should really be a writer ... I would be your loyal, first customer :)
@petria
I really miss your posts too my dear ... Where are you?
@tessieroo
You're welcome hon :) I love your funny posts during live streaming :D
My streaming is horrible just when EK starts ... maybe it's due to load on mbc server or something ... hope it will be smooth today
@ohoheli @jeonghyang @briseis
Thanks for your screecaps, funny cute bunnies and posts and videos
@Miky88
Always looking forward for your posts after the ep :)
@CherKell
Thanks for posting the ratings :)

Sorry if I forgot anybody but thanks all for your great posts and insights you add to this thread

Guest bellenelle

I think it's really too early to start saying SN is an evil betrayer, guys. I really don't see it at this point. It's not because you dive into politics that you automatically turn evil. Politics require confidence, strength, determination, and the ability to put yourself into the mind of your enemy, to anticipate their moves. When you do that, you inevitably end up taking a piece of him/her with you. Like Deokman in QSD, many people said she was turning like Mishil when she became a princess, but the character herself was saying that she was only taking the good of Mishil as a model to grow as a better politician. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Sure, SN wants to help Goryo, it doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to destroy Yuan. It's not like it has to be one or the other. That's what ET and the other evil characters believe, but personally, I feel like SN ultimate goal/fantasy is to make both nations strong allies. Wouldn't make sense for her to choose one over the other, because her soul (loyalty, patriotism) is from Goryo, but her heart (Ayu, TH) now rests in Yuan. Even if she turns her back on TH, she'd never turn her back on Ayu, so just for that, she'll never turn her back on Yuan. She needs to leave a good, stable Yuan to her son so that he doesn't get deposed or killed within a year of reign.

And right, her actions are probably going to be behind a couple of sad misunderstandings and ensuing consequences in the future episodes *sniff*, but a while back TH was also causing his own share of frustration (and it seems like he might cause some more soon :/). That's what I call being a realistic character, who doesn't always do everything perfectly (like a Goryo deposed king I know), and can mess things up too. As long as the character grows from mistakes and finds a way to fix them, it's alright.

I just find it sad that, as usual, the male characters can do whatever they want and mess up all they can and still get a horde of fans behind them, but as soon as female characters show a bit of depth and seem to have one foot in the light and one in the shadow, people starting hating :(

True, it is possible that she'll turn evil. Why not? But I don't find that there's enough evidence to be hating right now.

@tieuyeunu Very true what you are saying. He did not see her tears for him when she was caring for him. But, he did see her cry when he announced they were expecting a child and when they were in the Cold Palace when he comforted her. I think in the family scene where he’s talking about waking up from reality, SN gave him reassurance about always being with him. 
She is distancing herself form Ta Hwan at the moment thinking once she gets the treasure she will return to his side. Currently Ta Hwan does not know what is going on with Seung Nyang and I think he will learn of her meetings with Wang Yoo which will add to the misunderstanding between. I think BT will take advantage of the situation and try to play on Ta Hwan’s insecurity about his relationship with SN and gain his trust and empathy to gain control and try to get rid of Seung Nyang. I agree, Seung Nyang will realize that she was the one that pushed Ta Hwan away and could lose him because of that. But, I still think she will fight stay by Ta Hwan’s side because she loves him as well as for political reasons. I agree it would also be good if Ta Hwan gets further reassurance of her love especially if his trust in her is tested because of her actions. 

I think Chinese Royalty dress differently than the Koryo Royalty. Same can be said with the rank changing of their concubines. Chinese are always elaborate on their jewelries, may it may be a Royal member or a mere concubine. The only difference will be on some pieces of jewelry details.
I think for the drama's sake, they made SN look more chic from the beginning, since she has such strong character. Her costume is in sync with her personality: Smart, sleek, smooth and dignified, yet soft, graceful, feminine and light.