[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

:-B. @ hi, valsava... ;)) actually a madam with the insight ;)) ....EK is so worth watching, unlike you know (WF) ......I'd watch 100 eps of EK... :x :\"> :x...then again maybe not 50eps is plenty, although for some reason, I actually thought this was a 60eps drama........  ;)) ....my absolute favorite scene today, was El Temur...walking up to WY's 'clan' grinning from ear to ear  :D believing they were on his side and there to help Him...El Temur went from  :D to  :-O ~X(.....I have thought a lot about specifically two scenes: Bayan's tears and El Temur's one last tear...a'round about the time He was on the floor about to met with his Maker....(well, not His Maker...because He surely was headed down towards El Inferno for his sins, and not up towards the Pearly Gates) ..and, I thought  Bayan's Tears...I actually was a bit put off with Temur's one last Tear because it seemed as if we were being 'asked' to have some type of sympathy for El Temur .....on the other hand, maybe it was to Humanize, El Temur??? And, I honestly didn't want to, which totally seems awful on my part...I just didn't want to forget that He had been a very power-hungry, evil man. As for Bayan's Tears, I'm trying to think of how a military man/general/warrior would think ...I know he looked up to El Temur at one time...It seems like a little bit had to do with that, but also the thought of who El Temur was and what he became...plus there is a bond between military men Bayan knew El Temur at his best and at his worst...it seems very appropriate that Bayan had to be the One that 'sent' El Temur to the afterlife.

Guest critics

LK turned being grateful to ET because of his "before death privilege speech" she is able to formulate a new resolution.
http://thetalkingcupboard.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/empress-ki-e37-140311-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi_003418618.jpg
Credit to http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com

Seung-nyang
: Yeon-chul, you’ve shown me a great plan today. Just like what you’ve predicted, I’ll make my son the Emperor and I’ll become the Empress of this nation. I’ll surround myself with the Goryeo people and I’ll rule the country myself.

It's no wonder why she keeps on seeing WY secretly in the future.  Though the motive is for Goryeo's people but then it seems a betrayal also of trust since she cannot openly discussed this issue to TH considering ET's final words surely penetrated deep down in TH's heart and mind.    Hopefully, before this happens both LK & TH will confront each other and resolve this cloud of doubts as soon as possible.  Once trust is broken, it can't easily be restored.

:-B ok my last post for today.....I just wanted to comment on El Temur the actor.....I had always tried to figure out who the actor was...when I was watching, but then I would forget about it...till CherKell's post....and she mentioned Jeon Guk Hwan....oh my gosh, No Wonder!!!!  El Temur is such memorable character, beside being an evil antagonist....JGH, the actor is amazing in his portrayals!!! .....he is a real chameleon....I adore him...and now, even more!  Hey, if you line up all the male actors it is very easy for me to understand all the comments on being "shippers" for the different actors in this drama....but, may I add JGH  :x :\"> :x to the Shipper List...based solely on his amazing acting ability and talent......and, ok, even for a few gray hairs :\"> ;))..... ODE to El Temur ...your time was long overdue...infernal pastures await you.....thus YOU be lonely....your youngest son was sent to keep you company and next week....Do not be weary,  DK and TN, one or both may follow [-O<...... :\">

Guest critics

@berrybliss said:  "My reaction to that was: "Geez, will he seriously be the first one to know about the secret AGAIN? It's like pouring water in a glass with holes. And how the heck did he even find out about the monk? Is he working with Eunuch Park or does stalking SN his new hobby now? "

Well, I guess it's in episode 36 that the nun was able to disclose TN's secret  and the reason why she was being chased by TS's guards to EBang.  During their conversation, EB put the two-and-two together plus him being WY's eunuch ever since WY's childhood so EB was able to connect the relationship between MH & WY (the have the same birth mark on the upper foot).  Furthermore, there was a flashback in Ep 36 wherein EB & JH talked about SN having lost her child who fell from the cliff.  Looking back, it's eunuch JH back then who helped SN looked for her child in the river bank.  (LOL - my summary is too long)

Guys/girls, was thinking... maybe the reason of that the death of ET was not as "epic" or "glorious" as expected, is because perhaps he was not "The big villain" of this k-drama... perhaps the greatest villain not we known yet... and now we will be able to know...
And if is someone that before was the side of SN, and then turned against she only for power, will be very sad.. :(
Because that says, than the people for be able to get the power are willing to do anything, even being able of betray to their allies...
:-<  

By the by... ¿What happens with that preview???!! No shows absolutely nothing IMPORTANT! grr.. :-w These PDs if know as make us impatient for the next episode.. :-L Still so.. I demand another preview!! :-w

Well... Goodbye guys! :-h Until next! :D

Ah, yes! Kudos to all the staff and cast of EK by the ratings! <:-P Really deserved, because they have all done a great job, just wonderful! =D> ^:)^

P.S:
My lovely Lady Ki... FIGHTING!! \m/  I love you~~! :x
And also... K-drama Empress Ki... FIGHTING!!! \m/

sj15elf0hjw1023 said: Guys/girls, was thinking... maybe the reason of that the death of ET was not as "epic" or "glorious" as expected, is because perhaps he was not "The big villain" of this k-drama... perhaps the greatest villain not we known yet... and now we will be able to know...
And if is someone that before was the side of SN, and then turned against she only for power, will be very sad.. :(
Because that says, than the people for be able to get the power are willing to do anything, even being able of betray to their allies...
:-<  

By the by... ¿What happens with that preview???!! No shows absolutely nothing IMPORTANT! grr.. :-w These PDs if know as make us impatient for the next episode.. :-L Still so.. I demand another preview!! :-w

Well... Goodbye guys! :-h Until next! :D

Ah, yes! Kudos to all the staff and cast of EK by the ratings! <:-P Really deserved, because they have all done a great job, just wonderful! =D> ^:)^

P.S:
My lovely Lady Ki... FIGHTING!! \m/  I love you~~! :x
And also... K-drama Empress Ki... FIGHTING!!! \m/

jeenee said: I don't think so, ET is the main villain of this drama, well he and Tana. If he is not the biggest villain who is??
BA?? no i don't think so too, with very few episodes for him to be evil, he cannot fill ET's big shoes in terms of being so evil. 
Although i'm really disappointed on how ET was killed, i'm just happy and relieve that he already died. 
I hated his character! sooo much

Guest walkingintherain

Hmm the SN in ep 27 scared me a little, now that I've watched it, her words sounds like a villian to me! :| anf she wants to rule yuan? Does it mean she wants TH dead? (Because an empress can rule if and only if the current emperor pass away)

@critics

Thanks for that info, dear.

What I'm referring though was before that- why was he in the library as well and knew that that monk was important?

Oh well, why do we even bother about that, we've seen worse. Besides, he's the great EB- count him in for always being at the right place at the right time :P

I think the real antagonist of the Empress Ki is Empress Ki herself. Reminds me a bit of Gyebeak, where the main girl for her own reasons had betrayed her own country and paid the price.

While we know SN would not, she would become empress.

Historically, TH and SN will eventually have a fallout due to her controlling the empire.

The way they set it up now, it looks like it really would happen. It's really the best ending for the drama if TH and SN parts but then on his deathbed he forgives her and leaves his world smiling. SN would have to live with her own demons and regrets that she had forsaken love for revenge and power.

Great ep I think it was just the heat of the moment that SN was speaking in her mind. For the hate that she has for ET she seem over clouded by the fact that he still huanting her even during the last minute of his life. TH greatest and only fear has always been one and that's losing SN. He would hand Yuan over to her in a heartbeat but it's not being able to confirm her love for him that he holds back from giving SN everything she wants. The fear of her not loving him and leaving him is enought to destroy himself. He is a love slave of SN.... A love sick puppy indeed.

kaeruchan said:

tieuyeunu said: I think the real antagonist of the Empress Ki is Empress Ki herself.

[...]

The way they set it up now, it looks like it really would happen. It's really the best ending for the drama if TH and SN parts but then on his deathbed he forgives her and leaves his world smiling. SN would have to live with her own demons and regrets that she had forsaken love for revenge and power.

I guess I was the only one expecting her to turn Jang Ok Jung. I was expecting her to turn mid way instead of this late in the game. well...if she does turn at all.

off topic

I watched Jang Ok Jung and was very disappointed with it, I was expecting Gyebeak but got weeping willow instead.

I'm feeling less and less excited about Empress Ki in the pass few weeks, not really digging anyone right now, just sticking around for the plot.

Hopefully the new arc will spice things up again. Kinda bummed they pulled TN's death to next week. Please let her be dead by Tuesday. I am so over this character. The pace is slows to a halt everytime she appears on screen.

Guest ravendark

critics said: @ravendark said:  "Thé one Who plants Thunder, Harvests storm."

I like your quote, first time I heard it. 

Anyways, was I the only one who felt sorry seeing ET being bound, dragged to the prison cell, & choke by Bayan until his last breath infront of the Yuan court?  How humiliating must it be?  So lucky for both DK & TS, they're not around to witness the death of their almighty father.

I was also surprised to hear Tapjahae's longest line ever, but I never thought it was a sort of death premonition.

Now only DK & TN are left.  What future awaits for these siblings now that ET is gone?  Could it be that their death is more painful or humiliating than what ET & TJ got?

Guest larabn

Just finished ep36 with subs

- and here I was going crazy over how will they prove Maha is really baby byul and even suggesting a witness to the burning down of the temple ... and the writers solved it by a simple WY has a birth mark too and it runs in the family genes  :-w
- I loved the part where TH was scared for SN telling her to leave for her safety and her wanting to stay and fight too
- I certainly loved when TH stopped ET from reading those memorials and told him he doesn't need his help anymore haha LOVED IT!!!

8f3n91t.jpg
Yes he is!!! and guess what adorable baby Maha is also Lady's ki's boy :D
and baby Ayu has the characteristics of a star in him .... looking at the camera, interacting with daddy TH
(if I didn't know, I would have thought JCW was really his dad :D ).... he is so attentive to things and people around him :x

Some of the scenes I love :)
genlprf.jpg
AWWW!!! Wish she knows that he is her son she cried in pain for, after these circumstances, knowing will be bring both happiness and pain to her now  ....SN might be a badass warrior that pays her enemies a well deserved punishment but she is so caring and loving too :) Whis is why I wanted like @pegster (Welcome back!! :) ) for a scene where SN kisses her baby Ayu goodbye before she goes to cold palace. We haven't seen her mother and son moments with Maha except when she gave birth to him and I hope we get to see more of these moments with baby Ayu where she is playing with him ....
HIIZPwq.jpg
LjmHorT.jpg
HJW is so beautiful here :x
ccrpuPR.jpg
I love how she said paiha and how she looked at him when he came to see her
She was worried that he shouldn't be there but there was also a feeling of relief in her voice and stare
although this is a plan, but it's also a reality for her now to be in the cold palace and losing her place infront of TN
and TH caring for her and coming worried to see her was what she needed in this cold freezing dead palace
SHXQi4m.jpg
I love these 2 pics and SN finally letting herself go crying on his shoulder

Now for the laugh of ep36
uc2vibY.jpg
BS you don't deserve larger pics :-w
hfo5jTx.jpg
He's really taking on the role of The King Of Thieves now with the earring, gold in his hands, pointing at people with the peacock feather and lastly looking in caves for the treasure LOL

I'm happy the Bi-Soo is one of WY's team now and she is awesome n those fighting scenes
WY cares for her as one of his people but she is starting to love him now and don't know how this will go...

I wanted to comment on scenes you guys discussed for ep 37 but I'll wait for the eng subs to understand the ep more :)
@ChelseaS
Thanks for the BTS video :) loved the 3 empresses giggling and having fun :)