Genre: Melodrama & Revenge
Episodes: 20
Broadcast Network: KBS2
Broadcast Period: 2014-April-09 to 2014-June-19
Air Time: Wednesday & Thursday @ 22:00 KST
Director: Hong Suk Goo
Screenwriter: Yoo Hyun Mi

SYNOPSIS

A drama about a man's revenge after losing his family due to a plot that framed him.

Kang Do Yoon (Kim Kang Woo) cares for his mother and younger sister a lot, but his younger sister is murdered. He then decides to take revenge upon the perpetrator.

MAIN CAST

Kim Kang Woo as Kang Do Yoon
Lee Si Young as Seo Yi Rye
Uhm Ki Joon as Michael Jang
Han Eun Jung as Hong Sa Ra

MINOR CAST

Jung Bo Suk as Seo Dong Ha
Lee Ah Hyun as Kim Se Ryung
Lee Ho Jae as Kim Jae Gab
Jung Ae Ri as Oh Geum Shil
Park Won Sang as Im Kyung Jae
Kim Gyu Chul as Park Hee Seo
Jung Won Joong as Kwon Se Il
Jo Hee Bong as Kang Joo Dong
Jo Duk Hyun as Kwak Dae Soo
Choi Woo Suk as Bong Chang Soo
Jo Jae Ryong as Jool Ja

NEWS & INFORMATION

Han Eun Jung to Star in "Golden Cross"
Park Shi Hoo Considers and Passes on "Golden Cross" as Drama Comeback
Golden Cross: Park Shi Hoo Out, Eom Ki Joon In?
Kim Kang Woo Courted for "Golden Cross"
Kim Kang Woo Comes Back to TV for First Time in Two Years
Kim Kang Woo in the New KBS Drama "Golden Cross"
It's Kim Kang Woo Versus the Golden Cross in KBS Revenge Thriller
Photos from a Spiritual Ceremony for 'Golden Cross' were Unleashed
'Golden Cross': Kim Kang Woo's Family Reveals Destiny
"Golden Cross" Teaser, 33 Seconds of Tension
Lee Si Yeong, From Boxing to Judo
Lee Si Young and Kim Kang Woo are Star-Crossed Lovers in Poster for 'Golden Cross'
Greed and Crime Drive Financial Thriller "Golden Cross"
Uhm Ki Joon's Psychotic Villain Character in "Golden Cross" Creeps Fans Out
"Golden Cross" Lee Si Yeong Spots Jung Bo Suk's Intent to Kill
"Golden Cross" Lee Si Yeong Loses Evidence Again
"Golden Cross" Kim Kang Woo Kisses Lee Si Yeong
"Golden Cross" Lee Si Yeong Finds Out the Truth About Her Father

VIDEOS

Credits: KoreanDrama

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Park is now out and the lead position is open, I am much happier to be putting this in my to-watch list. I am a Lee Si Yeong fan, so I am happy she will be working with someone else instead. And she has worked with Uhm Ki Joon before in 'Killer Toon', so they already know each other. I can't say he is someone I really like as an actor, but I have not seen enough of him to say for sure. I like him enough to be quite pleased if he takes the role.

Jung Bo Seok as a villain is also a big plus, 'Gaksital' writer aside. He was brilliantly obnoxious in 'Giant' and I know he will rock the part.

Kim Kang-woo courted for Golden Cross

by girlfriday |

KimKangWoo1.jpg

Will this drama ever find its hero? I’m actually more intrigued by the behind-the-scenes drama of KBS’s newest revenge melo Golden Cross than in the drama itself, but one thing’s for sure: if Kim Kang-woo (Tabloid) signs on, I will suddenly find myself verrry interested. The new Wednesday-Thursday drama for KBS’s spring slate has cycled through names like Kang Ji-hwan and Park Shi-hoo to play its leading man, and is now reportedly wooing Kim Kang-woo to play its revenge-seeking hero.

>> Full Article <<

So in short, Han Eun Jung and Jung Bo Suk already cast, Uhm Ki Joon, Lee Si Yeong and now Kim Kang Woo are favorably considering it. I'm quite liking this cast, save for Han Eun Jung, who did not stay with me after 3 works of hers I watched. But maybe I happened to stumble upon works where she did not have much a presence. We'll see.

I hope all three who have not accepted do. It sounds like a lovely cast.

What is it with melos and their obsession with Geometry in the titles? I'm gonna get all confused and be looking out for a Golden Triangle, starring the lady in my profile pic and LBS!  :\">

Make.It.So

stuartjmz said: What is it with melos and their obsession with Geometry in the titles? I'm gonna get all confused and be looking out for a Golden Triangle, starring the lady in my profile pic and LBS!  :\">
Make.It.So

There's a discrepancy in the reports by KoalasPlayground and by DramaBeans in regard to Lee Si Young's appearance in Golden Cross. I'm not sure if Lee Si Young's a part of the cast or not. Orion: Thanks for the updates!

stuartjmz said:The only thing I've seen KKW in was Haeundae Lovers which a bit on the forgettably mehdiocre side for me, so hopefully this Drama will give him more of a chance to impress me. Kinda  hoping for a typically jerky first lead who has his cold, douchebag outer shell broken by repeated pummelling from LSY. 

Orion said: stuartjmz said:The only thing I've seen KKW in was Haeundae Lovers which a bit on the forgettably mehdiocre side for me, so hopefully this Drama will give him more of a chance to impress me. Kinda  hoping for a typically jerky first lead who has his cold, douchebag outer shell broken by repeated pummelling from LSY. 

Guest adikkeluangman

Revenge drama... wait... now I remember. the plot bring me back to KKW old drama The Story of A Man acting together with the late Park Yong Ha. He became the villain in that drama.
Since it will be on KBS, I will watch it on KBSW. No more live-watching-streaming for me.

Kim Kang Woo and Lee Si Young!! Wah! Ecstatic I am! I'm a fan of BOTH of them and to see them pair up is soo....exciting! I hope everything's been confirmed. I heard that they went through quite a few actors for the lead. 

Kim Kang Woo Comes Back To TV For First Time In Two Years
kim-kang-woo-comes-back-to-tv-for-first-

Actor Kim Kang Woo was cast in the KBS Wednesday/Thursday drama "Golden Cross (script Yoo Hyun Mi, director Hong Suk Kyu).
Kang Do Yoon is a prosecutor that thought, "if you feel unfair, then just succeed."  He's a good person and has a lot of love for his father and mother and sibling but once his sister is murdered, he goes through emotional pain and seeks revenge.
Kim Kang Woo comes back to the TV screen for the first time in two years after the 2012 KBS drama "The lovers of Hae Woon Dae."  Recently, he has played the characters, "The taste of money" "Marriage Before and After" "Jjirashi" "Dangerous Rumor" and it'll be interesting to see how he will capture the attention of viewers with his charisma.
"Golden Cross" is about a man's revenge after getting involved in a scheme.  He pledges loyalty to the ones who destroyed his family for his family's revenge and gets involved in a whirlwind as it will be an interesting sequence of events.
"Golden Cross" will be broadcast after "Generation of Youth" in April.
Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
kdramastars

Yep. Here's a piece from HanCinema. I am so glad about the main cast. I really like Kim. So very much! :D

Kim Kang-woo in the new KBS drama "Golden Cross"

2014/03/10 |

photo412435.jpg

Kim Kang-woo is starring in the role of Kang Do-yoon in the new KBS 2TV drama "Golden Cross".

Kang Do-yoon is a man who worked hard to become a prosecutor. He thinks preciously of his mother and sister but suffers mental agony when his sister is killed and decides to take revenge.

Kim Kang-woo is coming back with a drama for the first time in 2 years. He's starred in several movies recently such as "The Taste of Money", "Marriage Blue" and "Tabloid Truth".

"Golden Cross" is about a man's revenge after losing his family to a plot. He swears loyalty to those who kill his family and turns the tables around.

Meanwhile, "Golden Cross" is written by Yoo Hyeon-mi from "Bridal Mask" and produced by Hong Seok-goo. To be aired for the first time in April.

Source : http://www.eto.co.kr/news/outview.asp?Code=20140311002703270&ts=130229

Archived