[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

leegary

said: This show is called empress ki , yet nothing of her being an empress is shown yet, wth! lol its so far about her life trials, nothing about her being an empress. And I am extremely disappointed of bringing another empress in after TN  Really another crazy B^

@jeenee
Looking for Wang Go? :D

asK3FxO.png
(Screenshot from Three Days Trailer)

He could go back, maybe as someone related to the Merchant group or someone who knows where ET's wealth is. Honestly, I doubt if they are bringing him back in the episodes prior to the coronation.

Yep, I agree with @ChelseaS, there is no way that WG will be there in Ep36-37 unless if the production managed to pull him away from his other drama to shoot a few quick scenes.
WG was unofficially 'banished' from Yuan by ET after WY returned from the battle with the Turks, so it's unlikely that he can just return when ET is still around.
I also don't think WY would go as far as trying to kill the Yuan royal family because that would mean killing SN's son(s).  Right now he is still very much in love with SN to do anything that would hurt her.  Though that doesn't mean he won't try to do something else against Yuan.
I'm quite certain that the new Empress will definitely come in before SN's coronation.  Once the coronation happens, BA is gone!  If the coronation does happen first, unless if TH disposes SN, there won't be a second Empress leading over SN, and we all know TH won't ever dispose SN.  
As long as BA is around and has the power, he will not allow SN to be Empress of Yuan.  His 'patriotic' side will push him to become like ET to protect the good of Yuan.
JC is just a small character.  If he manages to run away and return to WG's side, he hasn't done enough harm for SN to fret over, so he's safe.  It's El Plague who SN wants dead.
Yes the show is called Empress Ki, but would it be fun to watch if all we see how SN being an Empress, and we don't get to see how she became the Empress?  

New BTS stills
13025043455_566fa10414_o.jpg

Maybe I'm being sensitive, but look at the way ED is looking at SN now.
13025043585_d609ab82cf_o.jpg

13025043015_789f262e6e_o.jpg

13025041655_b99ee32ecf_o.jpg

Credit: EK DC
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that SN is dressed like she's ready to kick some butt.  I feel like she's wearing that outfit because it'll be easier for her to go through her action sequences in an outfit like this then those other consort outfits she's been wearing.

if I recall correctly JC should be Jocham, WG's henchman who was probably left behind by WG as a spy and once ET is taken down, he will slither back to his true master. 
Thanks to @yoonmi66 and @pegster for the spoilers it was really the wtf moment of my day , were the writers on drugs when they wrote this book? =)) I am kind of happy they are not following the novel 100% The thing is I do not think it is beyond WY to kill the royal family, even with his character in this drama, because he doesn't have a problem allowing yuan people dying (we have already seen him let those magician's die during that whole blood letter thing. He knew the fate of those magicians and he made sure to send his magician off to cover his tail, but there is nothing he could do, they are just casualties of war) so that he can free Goryo. Let us be realistic, Yuan will most likely not let Goryo go without a fight so there would be bloodshed . The only problem is SN is part of the royal family, it is hard to believe WY is going to kill SN. It would be more believable if WY at least had SN kidnapped and hidden away, then he launches his attack, but even then, would SN really let her son, I don't even have to mention TH, get killed. Even if she knows nothing about Maha, I can't see SN letting Ayu get killed for the sake of Goryo. I know SN is suppose to be patriotic, but she is also family oriented, she would put her life on the line for her kids.
Sidenote: how come Jockho didn't know ET was hiding his wealth in Goryo village :-? It is suppose to be fairly large right?
In those pics why is SN dressed like that, I know it is good for action scenes but what excuse will the drama present? It can't be hunting again :))Also @pegster I feel like after ED "discovered" SN she has always been sizing her up. Her face goes from admiration to calculation back to being happy again. Her emotions are so inconsistent, I can't get over the look of displeasure she had when SN got promoted, but at the same time she gives SN temporary hold of her seal...what? You let a possible threat hold power? I think she realizes SN's talents and wants to use them, but she is also wary of them, because she knows it could spell trouble for her. The moment she senses ambition from SN, she will probably try to attack.

@yoonmi666 : wow I'm so appreciate to the translations ;;)
but [sorry to cut your translation before] :Infamous novel ending, which lead to the many debates of whether SN actually loved TH or not:TH: "If only for a moment...did you ever love me?SN: "If only for a moment...I was never not Your Majesty's woman."TH: "Thank you."just wondering; It means that SN doesn't love Ta Hwan??? :( How poor TH's life! I think TH works so hardly for her and He just says "THANK YOU" in the end, in his life??? :(( maybe this drama can be sad ending??? =(( TH will be die??? *meonya :((

Saw YBS dressed differently. Is this new or from another drama? It's from EK.

YBS
It looks like he became a prince or something. Dressed so grandly!!
Click the link if you want to see YBS in all his glory.:D

Here's the video. It's from today's MBC Section TV (Already posted)
Pic from MBC PR Twitter (@MBCnest)

BiRFVKXCcAAhaiw.jpg

Everyone, we found El Plague!!!
Jung Woong-In's (the actor who plays El Plague) interview on Section TV  
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=empress&no=99092&page=1

Looks like he might have hit the gold mine in EK.

Guest adjani1430293095

A lot of speculation about the ending with TH, er... I think it all depends... a lot of times, in those days, their answers were meant to create discussion and so unclear and also to encourage thoughts ... For Example: The fact that she never mentioned love does not mean she didn't love him, she considered herself his woman... So it can mean, she was always his woman, or she did not expressly love him. 
Lots of other dramas have similar type of "love" or "non love" declarations, to let one's imagination take over and have the opening for either side to speculate. 
As for ED, I think she recognises that SY is a capable person, until SY does something to threaten her, I doubt she will do anything to SY. I mean she has always been "obedient" and respectful, it was always ED offering SY tasks, or the power, never a case of SY trying to take it, also she helped TH and also even gave them a lineage.. until TH motes her as empress, i doubt she will be unable with SY. But once TH decides to make her empress.. now that can change the colour of things.. for now, the common enemy is EL T clan and TN... so she will almost always be on SY's side. :) .. Almost always unless Maha's issue becomes a sore point :) 

screambyscared said: @yoonmi666 : wow I'm so appreciate to the translations ;;)
but [sorry to cut your translation before] :Infamous novel ending, which lead to the many debates of whether SN actually loved TH or not:TH: "If only for a moment...did you ever love me?SN: "If only for a moment...I was never not Your Majesty's woman."TH: "Thank you."just wondering; It means that SN doesn't love Ta Hwan??? :( How poor TH's life! I think TH works so hardly for her and He just says "THANK YOU" in the end, in his life??? :(( maybe this drama can be sad ending??? =(( TH will be die??? *meonya :((

Infamous novel ending, which lead to the many debates of whether SN actually loved TH or not:

TH: "If only for a moment...did you ever love me?

SN: "If only for a moment...I was never not Your Majesty's woman."

TH: "Thank you."

Although that is the dialogue of the ending, but from what I remember reading, there is more to the scene that suggests otherwise.

In the novel, instead of the ring, SN gets a hairpin as a dying gift from her mother. This hairpin SN ends up giving to WY before they parted ways the first time SN entered palace. This was to signify her giving him his love.

If course SN somehow gets the hairpin back, I think the detail goes to asking the lines of EB returning it to her without WY's knowledge.

Since then SN has put the hairpin away as a sign off her putting her heart/love away.

In the scene where she has that last talk with TH she takes that hairpin out again and puts it on again.

So you can interpret it in whatever way you want to.

She's opening up her heart to love again?

Unlike the novel, at this point it is clearly shown that SN is fully in line with TH and it seems that they are working as one. She's made herself cautious and cut off ties with WY.

With all of these displays is hard for me to believe that SN never loves TH, not even a little bit.

She can still love WY. Like many people have mentioned, WY is her first love and first loves are usually most memorable, especially those who can't fulfill them. To top it off, she also has a child with him.

It is not hard to believe that maybe in the novel SN/WY may be the OTP, but the writers may decide to change it in the drama.

Guest minnie0103

ChelseaS

said: Saw YBS dressed differently.

Is this new or from another drama?

It's from EK.

YBS

It looks like he became a

prince or something

. Dressed so grandly!!

Click the link if you want to see YBS in all his glory.

:D

Here's the video. It's from today's MBC Section TV

(Already posted)

Pic from MBC PR Twitter (@MBCnest)

What the...what is with the insanity in that novel? (and, by the way...who was in charge of burning it?  :-w ) Thank GOD they changed most of it, it's ridiculous. I think one of those scenes would more likely go like this:

• SN cries fumes, but knows this is the best way she is expected to sacrifice to save Goryeo, and the good of the nation should be placed above everything else however, she stopped feeling that way about Goryeo once her first child was born. - she only wishes to be killed by WY personally has no intention of allowing WY to kill her or her family. 
  • WY hugs SN tightly and murmurs: "I am so sorry. I cannot protect you until the end."  SN pulls back her fist and smashes his face in and then kicks him in the cojones. 
  • When he falls to the floor in pain, she leans over and snarls "JUST TRY IT". 

(full credit to @yoonmi66 and Baidu)Sorry, the stupid spoiler tag isn't working for me. 
    It's Sunday! smiley-happy093_zpsb6d2c701.gif

Guest august101

@pegster that outfit does seem to be a fancier version of the clothes SN used to wear, her hair's down and she's not wearing any jewellery. There's definitely something more going on than a simple style change, there's no imperial consort touches to that outfit.

I'm glad the hairpin was changed to the rings and they're a personal keepsake for SN not love tokens to be traded back and forth between her and the LI. So far anyway.
If we ever get to the end of her reign where Empress Ki flees the palace, or Byul is sent away maybe she'll give one to each of her sons. Personally I'd prefer it if they remain a Ki family heirloom and have nothing to do with this love triangle.

Infamous novel ending, which lead to the many debates of whether SN actually loved TH or not:

TH: "If only for a moment...did you ever love me?

SN: "If only for a moment...I was never not Your Majesty's woman."

TH: "Thank you."

Although that is the dialogue of the ending, but from what I remember reading, there is more to the scene that suggests otherwise.

In the novel, instead of the ring, SN gets a hairpin as a dying gift from her mother. This hairpin SN ends up giving to WY before they parted ways the first time SN entered palace. This was to signify her giving him his love.

If course SN somehow gets the hairpin back, I think the detail goes to asking the lines of EB returning it to her without WY's knowledge.

Since then SN has put the hairpin away as a sign off her putting her heart/love away.

In the scene where she has that last talk with TH she takes that hairpin out again and puts it on again.

So you can interpret it in whatever way you want to.

She's opening up her heart to love again?

Unlike the novel, at this point it is clearly shown that SN is fully in line with TH and it seems that they are working as one. She's made herself cautious and cut off ties with WY.

With all of these displays is hard for me to believe that SN never loves TH, not even a little bit.

She can still love WY. Like many people have mentioned, WY is her first love and first loves are usually most memorable, especially those who can't fulfill them. To top it off, she also has a child with him.

It is not hard to believe that maybe in the novel SN/WY may be the OTP, but the writers may decide to change it in the drama.

All Hail @pegster the great :)

you just made me happy :D:D

What the...what is with the insanity in that novel? (and, by the way...who was in charge of burning it?  :-w ) Thank GOD they changed most of it, it's ridiculous. I think one of those scenes would more likely go like this:

• SN cries fumes, but knows this is the best way she is expected to sacrifice to save Goryeo, and the good of the nation should be placed above everything else however, she stopped feeling that way about Goryeo once her first child was born. - she only wishes to be killed by WY personally has no intention of allowing WY to kill her or her family. 
  • WY hugs SN tightly and murmurs: "I am so sorry. I cannot protect you until the end."  SN pulls back her fist and smashes his face in and then kicks him in the cojones. 
  • When he falls to the floor in pain, she leans over and snarls "JUST TRY IT". 

(full credit to @yoonmi66 and Baidu)
Sorry, the stupid spoiler tag isn't working for me. 

It's Sunday! smiley-happy093_zpsb6d2c701.gif

=D> =D> =D> =D>

nicely done SN!!