Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Article about Ottogi Noodles

Ramyeon is a staple among Koreans, enjoyed as a quick and easy snack as well as a substitute for meals. However, it is high in calories and contains virtually no nutrients. A single serving has 500 kilocalories on average, as well as high sodium content.

In an attempt to both address health concerns and appease people’s craving for instant noodles, ramyeon manufacturers have started producing a line of healthier choices.

Nongshim, the country’s largest instant-noodle maker, launched its “Vegetable Ramyeon” earlier this month. The noodles are air-dried instead of fried and contain six kinds of vegetables, including cabbage and onions.

According to the company, the new product is the lowest in calories of all ramyeon products on the market. It has 350 kilocalories per serving and contains 1 gram of fat and no trans fat or saturated fat.

Along with reducing calories in regular instant noodles, food manufacturers have also been creating products that can serve as substitutes.

Ottogi offers the “Cup Noodle,” which uses glass noodles made from starch instead of regular noodles made from white flour.

Calories are slashed to 195 kilocalories, and the product contains no trans fat, cholesterol or sodium.

The food maker became the first to launch an alternative type of cup noodle in 2004. Over the years, it has gained increasing popularity, and new flavors have been launched. The product’s growth in sales was 50 percent higher in 2012 compared to 2011.

Ottogi has used supermodels and actresses such as Jang Yoon-ju and Jun Ji-hyun in advertising its new leaner products.

Chungjungone, another food manufacturer, launched “Beauty Calorie Noodles” as a substitute for ramyeon. The noodles contain just a quarter of the calories of regular noodles made from flour. Cold noodles, udon, spaghetti and pho types are available.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Jun Ji Hyun Cats themed Samsung MyJet commercial

stuartjmz said: hongchae1 said:@stuartjmz How about this one? hehehe

Keep 'em coming!  =))

Seriously, though - beauty products, cosmetics, fashion, etc - they all make sense. She's a beautiful woman and showing her using those products makes a clear link in the consumer's mind. In my experience, a survey of people stand around eating  instant ramyun would suggest that far more of them look a whole lot more like this guy than JJH :)  And I've never bought

that came with a gorgeous dancing JJH in the box, which is grossly unfair, I think. :D

dpr15 said: luv_ssh said:

dpr15

said: @mizna hi there! I haven't read that article from hancinema and im actually searching it now and will probably read it after i post this. Come to think of it, I guess i havent really factored in the points that you have just said. Its just  that I cant help but compare her to other stars (great examples on my post earlier) who somewhat share the same popularity, talent and somewhat command the same monetary value as her who can smoothly move from both screens with not much concerns. She does not even have a lot of movies compared to lets say Ha Ji Won or Son Hye Jin or Gong Hyo Jin and they already have a number of dramas under their belts compared to which I consider JJH's debut drama really which is YFAS. So I guess my only conclusion is that she really just prefers movies over TV. I mean a a fairly young hallyu star since 2000 to only appear in a series 14 years later already explains a lot. Okay, I guess my point is that I am just sad that I cant get to see her as often as I would really like but that is how she sees her work and I will support her no matter what. Oh Mizna dont even get me started with how private she is LOL. I mean i was trying to search youtube with JJH interviews and as you said I literally found only the Star Date Interview, bits of their presscon for The Thieves and the news report for her wedding last 2012 then thats it! And reality shows.. how I wish I can see her in one. I really hope I can see her in RM. The show has a reputation for enlisting Top Stars as guests (again all the stars I mentioned appeared in RM already) and it would be daebak to see her there!!