Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

I couldn't keep up with YWCFTS thread so I don't know that this is happening. Maybe, we don't read much acting praises for JJH because there aren't many english translated article compared to KSH who has fans that can readily translate korean news to english? I got a lot of personal friends who are not kdrama fans to watch YWCFTS because I kept on bothering them to watch it :)) and they fell in love with the drama too as much as I did We fangirl over KSH's handsomeness and we loved Cheon Song Yi because she's too adorable. Without JJH playing Cheon Song Yi, I don't think YWCFTS would be as fun as it is.

If JJH doesn't have fanbase, then we can start creating it here :D !

Guest lisagi

Let's vote YWCFTS to win, it's facing off the heirs. Surely we must win :))

http://www.i-m.mx/fet888/BestOfKorea/faceoff.html

Guest tiffanydawn

I read somewhere that Korea really gives more attention to male leads than female leads. I think a couple of actresses also said the same thing - that actors get more "title roles" than the actresses. I think one of them was Moon Chae Won? Not sure though.

I love bb Kim Soo Hyun so much but yeah it's definitely Jeon Ji Hyun who owned the show.

Guest tiffanydawn

CaroleL said: i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

stuartjmz said:
I will be watching Il Mare  tomorrow night and hoping I enjoy it as much as I did the US remake, The Lake House. I am not sure whether I want to watch The Berlin File but will definitely be looking for more comedic work from her after her great performance in YWCFTS

Guest fanysus

Is today Jun Jihyun Appreciation Day? Hahaha but I agree with you all! I feel sad that JJH is not getting all the praise she deserves for her flawless portrayal of Cheon Songyi :/ I don't know if it's just because there's no one who translates articles about her or there really are no articles about her. I really hope it's the former. She was the biggest reason why the drama was so enjoyable. She was so natural that you'd think Cheon Songyi is Jun Jihyun and Jun Jihyun is Cheon Songyi. If we were to just look at the YWCFTS thread here, majority of the spazz are for KSH. But if you go to twitter, it's quite the opposite lol. At least in my case it's the opposite. All of the people I follow who watch the drama all go cray for JJH/CSY, saying stuff like JJH IS PERFECT, CSY IS LEGENDARY, ALL THE AWARDS FOR JJH, etc etc. She is very much appreciated in twitter lol and i'd like to note that most of those people i'm talking about aren't guys :D

It's very obvious that JJH is huge in korea, but it wouldn't hurt to read articles praising her acting prowess, as opposed to articles just about her general strong popularity or her spectacular physical perfection. She really impressed me in YWCFTS, and i'm not just being biased haha. It's very difficult to be funny and actually draw laughter from people. But JJH does it sooooooooo effortlessly. And I hate how she can also move me to tears!!

JJH is really something else. Really hope she wins tons of awards for YWCFTS. She nailed her role!

I hope she does another drama, preferably not after 14 years. And i hope that movie with Lee Jungjae and Ha Jungwoo happens because that casting is perfect. Also I really want to see her in a project with Song Joongki ahhhhh PD-nims make it happen pleaseeee

anyway JJH U DA KWEEN <3

sPf3Otc.jpg

hello there @mizna! Welcome to JJH thread. Hope you visit this thread more often! keke~ ******************************************************************************************************************
I'm really happy that She's receiving lots of love these days. I agree that most of the k-dramas today was lead by actors than actresses.. But JJH nailed her role in YWCFTS. Her acting was amazing and I would love to see her more in dramas and movies.

Guest MayuM

She was the star of the show this show makes me love her and i am a girl and she makes KSH shines in this drama

For the first time

this is the actress who hold the drama in her shoulder without her YWCFTS would not be that sucessful

Shes beautiful funny tall perfect

I usually dont like female lead in drama they are so weak hum hum park shin hye but i really like Cheon song yi and Jeon Ji Hyun did an AMAZING job!!!!

tiffanydawn said: CaroleL said: i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

mizna said: Hi all, this is my first time to join this thread, my reason to involve in this forum (Soompi) at first because of YWCFS, but then I really like to know more info 'bout JJH as she is a very great and talented actress and here I am. I know her long time ago since 'My Sassy Girl' and surprised that she is back to the small screen after a long absent and it's her best decision as we know how popular and outstanding the drama is. Well, from what I saw in her 'star date' interviews, it shows that she is a reserved person, a very private actress, that's why she is known as 'a mysterious actress' and less info about her personal life. Even though she is not shy to expose her elegance and sexyness as a professional model or in CF, but after finishing the shoot, she then is back to her real personality. During the Thieve's promotion or interview, we saw how a bit 'clingy' she was to her co-star (KSH) among the crowds, I think it's because she is not comfortable with such big attention. Furthermore, it is also rare to see her in any reality show. Once, she said in an interview that she likes to be at home if there is no work scedule. Probably that is also the reason why less attention focus on her in terms of fans and media. We respect her decision to be a private person, but then as a compromise, we would like to see her more and more in any drama in the future, hope soon enough, especially rom-com drama --- she is very daebak in portraying all her characters in those. Now, she is more wise and mature in choosing what is best for her in acting industry. With her unique and outstanding talents, hope she will get more appreciation and highest rewards from Korean people. By the way, thanks a lot for your great info and pics of JJH in this thread.

hongchae1 said: hello there @mizna! Welcome to JJH thread. Hope you visit this thread more often! keke~ ******************************************************************************************************************
I'm really happy that She's receiving lots of love these days. I agree that most of the k-dramas today was lead by actors than actresses.. But JJH nailed her role in YWCFTS. Her acting was amazing and I would love to see her more in dramas and movies.

Guest fanysus

Saw this on twitter:

"statistics from 2 Mar, Jun JiHyun is the most searched personality on Weibo & Kim SooHyun is 10th, with a follower count of over 4,600,000"

don't know if that's legit, but if it is then that's really interesting because ksh also seems immensely popular among ywcfts viewers in china. I was all smiles when i saw this post cos i really need to see more JJH lovin' on the interwebs :))

March 2, 2014
'My Love' sparks hallyu sensationDrama fever spills over fashion, food
By Chung Ah-young The Korea Times

05-01(184).jpg
“My Love From the Star,” starring hallyu heartthrob Kim Soo-hyun, left, and Jun Ji-hyun, has gained popularity in Korea and China. / Courtesy of SBS

In December, the SBS television drama series “My Love From the Star” got off to a shaky start amid a heated controversy over plagiarism, as it adopted a concept similar to the comic book series “Seol Hee.” But the drama ended up creating a huge hallyu sensation not only in Korea, but in China as well.
When the last episode of “My Love” was aired on Feb. 27, some Chinese fans watched it at the Sheshan Observatory in Shanghai, China, eating chicken and drinking beer. 
The observatory was a special venue for the grand finale of the drama organized by IQIYI, China’s online television and movie portal site, responding to the soaring popularity there as the drama frequently has with constellation and astrological backgrounds.
05-12(1).jpg “My Love from the Star” has created a “chimaek” (eating chicken and drinking beer) craze in China. / Korea Times file
“My Love” has created a ripple effect in the Korean drama scene, which has seen fewer dramas gaining wide support after “Winter Sonata” and “Jewel in the Palace.” 
In a recent survey by Gallup Korea, the series was ranked as the favorite TV show for Koreans, followed by “Infinite Challenge,” a variety show which had long topped the rankings. 
The drama is based on the historical Gwanghae Journal from the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910) which records a mysterious UFO appearing in Gangwon Province. The series features an “alien” who appears as a human named Do Min-joon _ played by Kim Soo-hyun. He doesn’t get old and has been living in Korea for the past 400 years. Do lives in modern Korea and falls in love with a famous actress named Chun Song-i ― played by Jun Ji-hyun. The romantic chemistry between Do and Chun is mainly responsible for the drama’s spiking popularity.  
Kim is one of the most sought-after actors as every drama or film in which he stars is a success. He became a household name in 2011 in the teen drama “Dream High,” and rose to stardom in MBC’s popular epic drama “The Moon That Embraces the Sun” in 2012. He has also starred on the big screen in the films ”The Thieves” and “Secretly, Greatly.” 
In this drama, his versatile character performance shifting in time and space appeals to female audiences. Also, supporting roles played by Shin Sung-rok and Park Hae-jin have added a unique flavor to the series. 
Jun has earned high praise for her portrayal of Chun, which is similar to her previous successful role in the romantic comedy film “My Sassy Girl.”
In the drama, everything she wears and eats has been in vogue. Yves-Saint Laurent’s No.52 lipstick sold out in major department stores. The craze goes beyond lipsticks. Fashion brand ShesMiss has seen a steep sales surge because Jun wore a winter coat from the brand in a recent episode.
ShesMiss said that after the drama was aired, all 2,500 of the coats in stock at its stores nationwide sold out in just 10 days. 
A China’s entertainment newspaper recently featured Jun in a six-page article about the recent drama craze there.
The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Korean TV series have long been popular in China, and “My Star” is one of the most-discussed topics on Sina’s Weibo microblogging platform and it has created a “chimaek” (eating chicken and drinking beer) craze in China
The newspaper said that more than 3.7 million posts related to the Chinese term for chimaek have appeared.
According to the newspaper, even some Chinese celebrities are fans of the show, fueling the craze. 
Tourist packages targeting Chinese fans have been launched. Sinsegye Tour has been offering tourist programs connected to the drama since April. The tour includes stops in Seoul and Gangwon Province where the drama is filmed. “After the drama began airing, an increasing number of Chinese fans have asked to see the drama film sets. So our package will satisfy them,” an official of the company said.
Seoul Tower’s top-floor restaurant has seen large numbers of tourists because that is where Kim and Jun had dinner together on the show.
Petit France, a French cultural village in Gapyeong, Gyeonggi Province, also became a tourist hot spot since the characters kissed there in the 15th episode. 
The program’s unprecedented success is attributed in part to its online distribution in China, as it has immediately gone viral. The drama has hit more than 600 million views on IQIYI, China’s video site.  
“Chinese fans don’t have to wait to watch Korean dramas until they are formally broadcast through TV stations because they can see them via the Internet. It’s immediate and fast, thus helping them gain fast popularity,” a drama critic said.

March 2, 2014
Drama soundtrack bit hit around Asia
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

02194411.jpg
SBS’s hit series “My Love From the Star”
Although SBS’s hit series “My Love From the Star” ended last week, its soundtrack continues to do well on online music charts around the Asia Pacific.
The first single from the drama, “My Destiny,” sung by Lyn, has topped the iTunes and other online singles charts in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and had done well in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
“We appreciate the support of both domestic and international fans,” said an official from Lyn’s agency, Music & New, over the weekend. 
The success of the song grabbed the local media’s attention because it is unusual for a song from a soundtrack to do well outside of Korea, especially one not sung by a K-pop idol band. 
“My Destiny” was also a big hit in Korea, with its December release topping all the major online music charts. 
In addition to the Lyn song, several other singles from the “My Love From the Star” soundtrack are also doing well on charts around Asia. On the MOOV chart, one of the largest online music outlets in Hong Kong, four songs from the soundtrack are sitting in the top five of the daily singles chart, led by Kim Soo-hyun’s song “In Front of Your House.”
The ever-increasing popularity for the show has Kim’s popularity growing in China, too. Kim now has 4.6 million followers on his Weibo page, the Chinese microblogging site that is like Twitter, and this week he will fly to Nanjing, China, to appear in a local entertainment show.