Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Jo Jin Mo's fans from overseas prepare a barbeque truck for "Empress Ki' team

20140225082728_530bd560b794a_1.jpg

Joo Jin Mo's fans from overseas prepared a barbecue truck for the entire production team of 'Empress Ki'.

Joo Jin Mo is recently casting in MBC drama 'Empress Ki', and his fans from many different countries prepared a barbecue truck for 200 staffs.

All of the staffs, who were already exhausted from serial all-nighter shootings, showed explosive reactions for this special gift, and Joo Jin Mo was deeply touched by his fans' humongous gift as well.

Joo Jin Mo said, "I am feeling a profound gratitude to all of my fans, and I am just out of words. I don't know how I should express my appreciation for them," and "I think all I can do is just keeping doing my best."

A representative of the production team said, "Looks like Joo Jin Mo's fans are amazing people just as Joo Jin Mo is. Everyone enjoyed the meal very much."

It is said that Joo Jin Mo energetically led the entire production team until the end of the shooting.

Meanwhile, 'Empress Ki' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.

/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Tues, 02.25.14] ‘Empress Ki’ Hits New High Again

There’s no stopping to MBC’s Empress Ki, which has been on a constant climb with minor bumps along the way.

On Tuesday night, the drama hit 28.6 percent, the closest it has been to 30 percent with the competition still fierce between Ki Seung Nyang (Ha Ji Won) and Tana Shiri (Baek Jin Hee), and Ta Hwan only having Ki Seung Nyang on his mind, even at the path of a poisoned arrow.

SBS A Warm Word completed its series, running a special on Tuesday night. The ratings were 5.7, but still higher than KBS’ The Full Sun.

[Ratings: Tues, 02.25.14] ‘Empress Ki’ Hits New High Again

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dramas

1. MBC Empress Ki 27.7 →28.6

2. SBS A Warm Word (Special) 8.7 →5.7

3. KBS The Full Sun 3.8 →5.2

Variety

1. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 5.7

2. SBS My Heart Beats 4.0

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: MBC. / enews

I guess, all JJM fans went to SN-WY thread and stock there :)But I am here! I don't care much what will happen in this drama (though I believe they will be together in the end :) ). All I care is JJM only :)He can stay even with Tanashiri, if you ask me, as long as he is happy :))

Guest Ding Lin

@ElinaG~~

This one is for you :)!!  JJM the fisherman!!!!  :)  

Cr: Baidu JJM forum (It was posted yesterday, but it seemed to be an old photo)  

The original link: http://m.blog.naver.com/force_7/140207525324
1621702_235036716682548_2034049329_n.jpg

Guest Ding Lin

I am sorry that I did not read the note from the photo owners carefully.  They did not want us to share the links about the fan meeting.  Please visit the Baidu JJM forum, if you are interested.  Thank you! :)  

I found this at Youku, A mix of Empress Ki and A Frozen Flower. Whatever works. There are many combination videos one can access at that link.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjc2NTM2NTE2.html?from=y1.2-1-95.3.6-1.1-1-1-5

lorac said: I found this at Youku, A mix of Empress Ki and A Frozen Flower. Whatever works. There are many combination videos one can access at that link.http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjc2NTM2NTE2.html?from=y1.2-1-95.3.6-1.1-1-1-5

just finished Empress Ki 32-33th episodes. Wow! It was something. JJM was so gorgeous.  All female characters have crash on him :)Is it me or anyone else too think that he was looking much more attractive in last two episodes. Like the director told him, go brake all hearts there...This dark sad sex appeal :-O
And... the new OST playing when he fights. I'm sure this song was made to depict him. Can't wait for the moment Joo Jin Mo will sing it on some fan meeting

Guest ghollygina22

Oops!  I accidentally posted something for the other forum! hehehe sorry!
But seriously, I do love Joo Jin Mo.  I die every moment he shows up on my laptop screen!   :x
hehehe   ~O)

Guest Ding Lin

I accidentally discovered these old photos.  WOW! JJM looked so good on them :)!  Also, I love see him with fish. I guess it is always good to see people with something they truly love! 
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2067063485#!/l/p1

@Ding Lin thank you for the link! so many pictures there. One can stay all night to see them  :-S JJM looks great there but after seeing him in EK I started to prefer his matured looks. He looks more sophisticated and gorgeous yet :)

People can have different intepretations about a scene or character. But attacking the actor/actress is really too much.

I seriously don't understand the hate WY or JJM have.

WY isn't someone who undergoes a growing up process like TH. Not that his character doesn't have flaws - after all he is just human - but he already has what it takes to be a king, and he has been fighting endlessly for a good cause. And people bash him for...being nearly perfect? Sleeping with the female lead - aka SN?

I can stand such comments that WY's character is boring if people don't understand WY's character. But haters don't just stop there, do they? We can say  thay we skip forwards scene without WY at WangNyang thread but at least we don't say that out loud in the main thread in respect for other characters in the drama. We can have out own ideas about why rating increases or decreases but we don't flatly accuse any character  there. We also don't wish for a particular character to dissapear.

All of these childish, nasty behaviour...I have seen them before. I can still stand them. After all, a character is just fictional.

I really can't stand it, though, when JJM is dragged into this. It's ridiculous for someone who is humble and passionate about acting like him. During the mid-drama press conference, he said that he thought WY's character wasn't really well-received so he would try harder. It's not something an arrogant actor could say. I didn't see anything wrong with his portrayal of WY before that - it's more about the script's problem. And from that on, look how he make viewers' hearts ache with WY's pain. Give the guy proper script and he shines brightly. with his quiet charm.

His management company PR for him by complaining he has too little screentime? Give me a break... How much more recognition that he can gain from these little PR - if any? How many BTS scenes of WY/JJM that we are able to see? You know what is a true PR act? That they tell us to anticipate JJM's portral of an charactismatic man but in fact JJM can't delivery that.  In the end, the actor's performance is the thing that draw people's attention the most, PR or not.

Yes, JJM's career has its ups and downs. But his acting ability now is not something people can't just laught at. Nope, I won't use his awards for Frozen Flower as a proof. Just look straight into his eyes to see the deepth of emotion it can convey.

Judging him by his performance - not by applying the hate of his character on him. It's very short-sighted and cruel.

So far, I think the main cast of EK has done a good job. Rating is good too. I just can only hope that JJM also has his share of recognition he deserves from it and can move on to a good project that respects his acting tatent more.