[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest kiyokotsubasa

@minnie0103 WOW thank you so so so much !! Those pictures made my day i'm all giggle giggle \:D/
I LOVE those pictures !! :3 I gess next episode we'll see TT-WY teaming up, or maybe it will be a confrontation ! Omo can't wait !WY-SN-TT together is pure awesomeness and explosive chemistry !(Plus, the three of them are cute ^.^)

quote from thetalkingcupboard

Byung-soo was brought in and he admitted that he planned the attack;

however, his target was solely Seung-nyang and Ta-hwan was just the

victim. Grrrrrrr. He said that he bore grudges towards Seung-nyang after

he failed to make her his (LIES!!).

so, another potential pair Byung-Ki is appearing.. *smirk

DEATH sentence for El Plaque please. Eventhough I dunno how Ta Hwan will do that since he's an Emperor without power (yet).

Cut the financial source from ET and destroy his money sources. Like Wang Yu said.

Ta Hwan must get him self together soon and do something to free Ki jaein from prison.. BTW this framed after framed plot is kinda start to get boring... I know that ET and his posse are one of the attractive point in this drama.. but how long do they want to drag it...

next week is ep 34-35 and we are on the verge of the last half.

If El Plaque able to escape death sentence because he's ET's henchman.. then the WRnim is just ridiculous...

SeGafanlady said:

Byung-soo was brought in and he admitted that he planned the attack; however, his target was solely Seung-nyang and Ta-hwan was just the victim. Grrrrrrr. He said that he bore grudges towards Seung-nyang [size=5]after he failed to make her his [/size](LIES!!).

Guest critics

@adjani said:  "Indeed.. thats why I was speculating as to why she was crying and feeding TH... and their whole triangle thingy... "
Maybe the reason why LK was crying while feeding TH via mouth-to-mouth medication is because there is something that she finally realized or discovered.  She might be aware that TH is now slowly entering into her heart and she can't deny it any longer.  For a woman who truly loves someone but lost it and then someday found somebody who can potentially fill that void in her heart it is considered as grace from above.  Her tears might be partly regrets for having wasted her love and at the same time tears of joy for being so blessed of knowing someone who true loves and cares for her at the most loneliest and darkest moment of her life.

What great news this is...

"Empress Qi" and Ha Ji-won shatters record

photo407441.jpg

"Empress Qi" just comes short of 30%, but still broke a record.

According to Nielsen Korea, the 33rd episode of MBC drama "Empress Qi" rated 28.6%.

This is a 3.3% increase from the last episode which rated 25.3%.

Meanwhile, KBS "The Full Sun" rated 5.2% and SBS "Kind Words" special program: "A Heartwarming Story" rated 5.7%.

Credit: http://www.hancinema.net/empress-qi-and-ha-ji-won-shatters-record-66429.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+%28HanCinema+Daily+News%29

Lol at the epicness of this misleading title...for a moment I thought Ji Chang Wook had a kid outside.

class="at_ttl"'Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook, Fails Getting Paternal Rightsempress-ki-ji-chang-wook-fails-getting-p

Ji Chang Wook failed getting custody.

On the 32nd episode of the MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" (script Jang Young Chul, Jung Kyung Soon, director Han Hee, Lee Sung Joon) broadcast February 24th, Ta Whan (played by Ji Chang Wook) failed getting custody.

On this day, Ta Whan gets framed to be a criminal involving the concubine because of the scheme from Yeon Chul (played by Jun Guk Hwan) who tried to keep the royal seal and was placed in a dangerous situation.

Yeon Chul was about to pressure other merchants because of this criminal incident so that the group wouldn't stand on Kuril Thai. Ta Whan started to appeal to other merchants.  However, other than Baek Ahn (played by Kim Young Ho), not even one person threw a positive vote to keep his custody.

In the end, Ta Whan ended up keeping the emperor seat and wasn't about to gain anything and was in pain.  At this, Ki Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won) failed at getting custody but got the hearts of other merchants.

credit: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/16388/20140225/empress-ki-ji-chang-wook-fails-getting-paternal-rights.htm

Guest critics

@sally_b said:@adjani & @critics - RE: "agree.. I do admire TH for his stance but its just really odd for an emperor in those days.. and er.. seriously he doesn't sleep with her at all and makes her his empress??! That would reach sainthood for me "
This is the thing - it makes me crazy that the PLOT (remember when we had one) does not move forward. 
If it did, the Temurs would be gone ...Heroic Wang Yoo could be back on his Throne doing heroic things with his wonderful sidekicks including The Master of Disguise (!) ...Tal Tal would be moving closer to becoming the Prime Minister (yay! for more Tal Tal time)... perhaps the writer could also do something about the superbaby to satisfy all parties....and MOST importantly (for me)......Ta Hwan and Seung Nyang can finally OOO- to-the-LA.
Shallow? don't care. I didn't commit to watching a 50 episode drama to see the story circle back on itself a dozen times....unless of course, it circles back to the *LA*. (っ˘з˘)っ  ♫♪ ♥
(claps hands together and says Chop, Chop!! ....there's LOTS more story to tell) 
I understand your sentiments because I do feel the same - everything you said that's all I want to happen also.  If only we could do something to convince the writers and PD to grant our wishes, then why not give a try.   But I guess it is really true that the last episode could be the crowning of Empress Ki and the remaining untold story will be on EK Part 2, 3 & so on & so forth just like Jumong, these are only my speculations.  But I am still hopeful that these speculations are wrong and shall never come true.  

Guest critics

@sarah.lina said:  YBS will live until the end, he's a bigger cast than all ET family reunited   
     sorry to cut your post....
If that is the case, then so be it.  Maybe he deserves to live longer.  He has just proposed to YW, right?  It is pity to see her becoming a widow without even getting married yet.  She seemed so happy having received such impromptu marriage proposal after a few days of date in the dark. And besides, maybe it would take YBS a lifetime to become what? a  "chancellor"???  In his dream!!  If Tanguishi is vying for PM position then how about the ECHO-curly brother, does he allow to be set-aside by YBS.  Oh really, birds of the same feather flock together.

Hi... It has been too long since my last post.. Although im not in the forum... Im still following this series as i love Lady Ki @ Ha Ji Won :D

Finally, El Temur realize that Lady Ki is someone that can threaten his whole clan.. The most important think that I've learn so far from Ki Nyang is to keep fighting for justice..

I wish Lady Ki just slit Tanashiri throat when she had that chance.. Well, at least Ki Nyang is not as low as that spoil brat..

Since the emperor is slowly entering Lady Ki's heart.. I cant help but reminded of the moment when TH used to said that SN is his mother bird.. In ep 33, she ended up feeding him medication the way mommy bird feed her baby ♥♥♥ hihihi

Anyway, why I keep notice in this last episode that Tanashiri is actually some sort of "in love" with WY.. She dont even understand herself.. Oh dear...

Guest critics

@lyaarisa said:  "Anyway, why I keep notice in this last episode that Tanashiri is actually some sort of "in love" with WY.. She dont even understand herself.. Oh dear..."
I thought I was the only one who noticed it.  What will happen if WY will also slowly enter into TS's heart?  Probably, it's a great commotion!!  What TS wants, TS gets.  :))

Byung-soo was brought in and he admitted that he planned the attack;

however, his target was solely Seung-nyang and Ta-hwan was just the

victim. Grrrrrrr. He said that he bore grudges towards Seung-nyang after

he failed to make her his (LIES!!).

That wasn't what he said, at least not in the Chinese subs. He said SN wanted to take revenge on him for bringing her to Yuan as a tribute woman, so he dicided to strike first.

If he had said he tried to make SN his, that would be another major crime pinned on him. How dare he may his eyes on the Emperor's woman.

The expectation is that YBS will be sentenced to death, but DK promised to set him free before he gets executed.

Guest hunterdd

jeenee said:  smile DOng Hae's ratings were almost 40% if i'm not mistaken, but because it seems that he is not as popular as Lee Min Ho, Lee Sung gi, Jang Guen suk (am not a fan of the first two but they seem to be the ones to beat in terms of popularity in korea) so i though that the SDH popularity faded, hence my doubt.
thank you @CherKell and @sarah.lina 
is this off topic?? ;;):D