[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I guess I live on the wrong side of the world... this forum comes alive with elves while I'm sleeping... by the time I try to catch up it's like 10 pages long...
I swore to myself if there was a preview I wasn't going to watch it...yeah sure... who am I kidding... usually I'm like YES it's Monday... but now it's like... crapola it's just Monday... arrrggghhh
Why is everybody saying SN is wearing Musuri clothes? I didn't see that... I'm either blind or watching the wrong video, all I saw was her wearing her boy's clothes, the black and blue ones...
Dankise's demise... what about turning him into an Eunuch... if you read about the ways they used to get rid of their "equipment", that's pretty savage... then instead of wearing one braid it would be two of them side by side... and him being punished by Golta's powerful tongue... OK this is disgusting...enough...
About brutality and people killing people... we are not watching a Disney movie here... it's SAGEUK... What's the first thing subjects say to their Highness when they don't do a good job "KILL ME"...I'm not excusing any character, it's only human nature, real perfect heroes don't exist (only in Disney movies)... all of our heroes in this drama will do some "bad" things... so please don't complain about it... we're here because of the drama, the plot, the politics, revenge, the romance (if any, I'm still hoping for this one) and yes for the manes of glory!!!!!
My beef: How come MBC has enough time to give us 120 minutes of an "Empress Ki special" but doesn't have time to give us 120 minutes of episode 19 and 20? Really? Is that what us audience want to see? BTS? Noooooo, we want episodes!!!!!! So MBC, we are THE OTHER audience that doesn't care about ratings... we are THE OTHER audience that have to go thru emotional torture waiting for subs and finally, we are THE OTHER audience that allows Korean celebrities become international for real... 
Did I sound angry?

stclaus said:

Why is everybody saying SN is wearing Musuri clothes? I didn't see that... I'm either blind or watching the wrong video, all I saw was her wearing her boy's clothes, the black and blue ones...

stclaus said:
My beef: How come MBC has enough time to give us 120 minutes of an "Empress Ki special" but doesn't have time to give us 120 minutes of episode 19 and 20? Really? Is that what us audience want to see? BTS? Noooooo, we want episodes!!!!!! So MBC, we are THE OTHER audience that doesn't care about ratings... we are THE OTHER audience that have to go thru emotional torture waiting for subs and finally, we are THE OTHER audience that allows Korean celebrities become international for real... 

@CherKell thank you for cooling my brain down...
I guess I tend to look at dramas also as marketable products, so it frustrates me that the producers think of them as a product for the Asian market only, thus only think of the success of them over there and the way the Asian market behaves...and I may be delusional but if they thought of them on a Macro level and realized how large is their other market, I'm sure they would even get more access to international sponsors; which in return would pay back being nice to us the other market... but as I said, maybe we haven't hit the million overseas viewers yet and we are not an important market yet...  
thus ok I'll try to enjoy the special and the awards ceremony, but again Time Zones difference, I will still be holding Morpheus arms while they're on air... :((

Guest missred123

@stclaus

I do believe that they are aware of their growing popularity and believe me they are in the process of capitalizing on that. How I know?? MBC and it's contract to only Hulu and subbing this drama by them self.

stclaus

said:

Dankise's demise... what about turning him into an Eunuch... if you read about the ways they used to get rid of their "equipment", that's pretty savage... then instead of wearing one braid it would be two of them side by side... and him being punished by Golta's powerful tongue... OK this is disgusting...enough...

Guest missred123

Yes, the dress is fab!! It fits her to a T. I am dying to see what she will wear tonight. I hope the guys do something a little different with their outfits.

Guest niknokdagu425

49848484ureuryryfduyfdudueduE7YEUEUEURURURUIREREUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREOEOEOEOEOEOEOE