[Awards 2013] 2013 KBS Drama Awards

Felicia Soh

sub_5_03.jpg

Date:  December 31, 2013 (Tuesday)
Time:  8.30 pm  (Seoul) KST
Network:  KBS 2TV
(To be Aired LIVE) :  KBSW

Related Links:  KBS, TWITTER, FACEBOOK

2013 KBS DRAMA AWARD WINNERS : (to be announced/updated after/during the award ceremony)

Grand Prize (Daesang) - Kim Hye-soo (The Queen of Office)

Top Excellence, Actor – Ji Sung (Secret) and Joo Won (Good Doctor)

Top Excellence, Actress - Hwang Jung-eum (Secret) 

Excellence Award (Long-Length Series) :

·       Actor  – Jo Jung-suk (The Best of Lee Soon-shin) and Jo Sung-ha (Wang's Family)

·       Actress - Lee Mi-sook (The Best of Lee Soon-shin) and Lee Tae-ran (Wang's Family)

Excellence Award (Mid-Length  Series) :

·       Actor – Joo Sang-wook (Good Doctor)

·       Actress - Moon Chae-won (Good Doctor) 

Excellence Award (Mini Series) :

·       Actor – Oh Ji-ho (The Queen of Office)

·       Actress - Yoona (Prime Minister and I)

Excellence Award (Daily Drama) :

·       Actor – Kim Seok-hoon (Ruby's Ring)

·       Actress - Lee So-yeon (Ruby's Ring)

Best Supporting Actor - Bae Soo-bin (Secret)

Best Supporting Actress – Lee Da-hee (Secret)

Actor of the Year, Awarded by PDs from 3 Broadcasters – Joo Won (Good Doctor)

Rookie (Newcomer) Award :

·       Actor – Jung Woo (The Best of Lee Soon-Shin) and  Han Ju-won (Wang's Family)

·       Actress - IU (The Best of Lee Soon-shin and Bel Ami) and Kyung Soo-jin (Shark and Eun-hee)

Netizen  Award :

·       Actor  – Joo Won (Good Doctor)

·       Actress - Hwang Jung-eum (Secret)

Popularity Award :

·       Actor – Ji Sung  (Secret)

·       Actress – Moon Chae-won (Good Doctor)

One-Act Play (Special Drama) Award :

·       Actor(s) – Yu Oh-seong (The Devil Rider and The Mother's Island) and Choi Daniel (Waiting For Love)

·       Actress(es) – BOA (Waiting For Love) and Han Ye-ri (Yeonu's Summer) 

YoYouth Acting Award :

·       Actor – Yun Joon-suk (Shark) 

·       Actress - Kim Yoo-bin (Mandate of Heaven) 

Best Couple - Jo Jung-suk and IU (TBLSS), Oh Ji-ho and Kim Hye-soo (The Queen of Office), Joo Won and Moon Chae-won (Good Doctor), Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum (Secret), Lee Bum-soo and Yoona (Prime Minister and I)

Best Script Writer - Moon Young-nam (Wang's Family) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LIST OF NOMINEES FOR :

Drama of the Year – Long-Length Series 

• King’s Dream
  • Hometown Over The Hill 2
  • King’s Family
  • The Best of Lee Soon Shin

Drama of the Year – Mid-Length Series

Good Doctor [*]Shark [*]Iris 2 [*]Mandate of Heaven [*]The Blade and Petal

Drama of theYear – Miniseries

Advertising Genius, Lee Tae-baek [*]Marry Him If You Dare [*]Secret [*]Bel Ami (Pretty Boy) [*]The Queen of Office [*]Prime Minister and I

Drama of the Year - Daily Dramas

Ruby’s Ring [*]Melody of Love [*]Sincerity Moves Heaven [*]Samsaengi [*]Eun-hee

Drama Special Series aka (Drama Special Yeonjak Series)
(Exceeding 1 episode special drama)

Waiting for Love – BOA, Choi Daniel [*]Puberty Medley – Kwak Dong-yeon, Lee Se-yeong [*]Like A Fairytale – Lee Chun-hee, Choi Yun-young [*]Sirius – Suh Joon-young, Ryu Seong-soo [*]The Perfect Day Girls – Song Sun-mi, Shin Dong-mi

Drama Special Series 2013 aka (Drama Special Danmak 2013)

(1 episode special drama)

The Memory In My Old Wallet –Ryu Soo-young, Nam Bo-ra [*]My Friend Is Still Alive – Lee Gi-kwang, Lee Ju-seung [*]Family Bandage – Park Sang-myun, Yoon Yoo-sun [*]Neighborhood Watch – Ki Tae-young, Kim Min-ju [*]Happy Rose Day – An So-hee, Kim Do-hyun [*]The Strange Cohabitation – Park Sung-woong, Yu In-young [*]The Mother’s Island – Kim Yong-rum, Nam Seong-jin [*]Yeonu’s Summer – Han Ye-ri, Han Ju-wan [*]Nara’s Rain – Jung Eun-chae, Yoo Min-gue [*]Your Noir (Words Hidden By Love) – Changsung, Chae Jung-ah [*]Chagall’s Birthday – Yeh Ji-won, Song Ha-yun [*]The Devil Rider – Yu O-seong, Lee Dae-hyeon [*]Come To me and Became A Star – Kim Ji-seok, Jung Soo-min [*]Eunguk and The Ugly Duckling – Lee Sie-on, Hyeon Seung-min [*]The Unwelcome Guest – Kang Shin-il, Park Joo-hyung [*]My Dad Is A Nude Model – Seong Ji-ru, Bang Eun-hui [*]Outlasting Happiness – Ryu Hyun-kyung, Jeong Eu-nu [*]Jin Jin – Yun Jin-seo, Kim Da-hyeon

Best Couple :

King's Dream - Choi Soo-jong and Hong Eun-hee [*]Iris 2 – Jang Hyuk and Lee Da-hae [*]The Best of Lee Soon Shin – Jo Jung-suk and IU [*]The Best of Lee Soon Shin – Jung Woo and Son Tae-young [*]The Queen of Office – Oh Ji-ho and Kim Hye-soo [*]Shark – Kim Nam-gil and Son Yeh-jin [*]The Blade and Petal – Uhm Tae-woong and Kim Ok-bin [*]Good Doctor – Joo Won and Moon Chae-won [*]Ruby’s Ring – Lee So-yeong and Kim Seok-hoon [*]Wang’s Family – Han Ju-won and Lee Yoon-ji [*]Secret – Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum [*]Secret – Bae Soo-bin and Lee Da-hee [*]Marry Him If You Dare – Lee Dong-gun and Yoon Eun-hye [*]Marry Him If You Dare – Jung Yong-hwa and Han Chae-ah [*]Melody of Love – Baek Sung-hyun and Kim Da-som [*]Bel Ami (Pretty Boy) – Jang Geun-suk and IU [*]Prime Minister and I – Lee Bum-soo and Yoona

Netizen Award (Actor) :

Kim Nam Gil (Shark) [*]Kim Hyung-jun (Melody of Love) [*]Bae Soo-bin (Secret) [*]Baek Sung-hyun (Melody of Love) [*]Uhm Tae-woong (The Blade and Petal) [*]Oh Man-seok (King’s Family) [*]Oh Ji-ho (The Queen of Office) [*]Lee Dong-gun (Marry Him If You Dare) [*]Lee Dong-wook (Mandate of Heaven) [*]Lee Bum-soo (Prime Minister and I) [*]Jang Geun-suk (Bel Ami) [*]Jang Hyuk (Iris 2) [*]Jung Woo – The Best of Lee Soon Shin [*]Jo Jung-suk – The Best of Lee Soon Shin [*]Joo Won- Good Doctor [*]Ji Sung- Secret [*]Choi Soo-jong – King’s Dream [*]Joo Sang Wook – Good Doctor

Netizen Award (Actress) :

Kim Da-som – Melody of Love [*]Kim Ok-bin – The Blade and Petal [*]Kim Hye-soo – The Queen of Office [*]Moon Chae-won – Good Doctor [*]Park Se-young – Sincerity Moves Heaven [*]Son Yeh-jin – Shark [*]Song Ji-hyo – Mandate of Heaven [*]IU – Bel Ami and The Best of Lee Soon Shin [*]Yoona – Prime Minister and I [*]Yoo In-na – The Best of Lee Soon Shin [*]Yoon Eun-hye – Marry Him If You Dare [*]Lee Da-hae – Iris 2 [*]Lee Da-hee – Secret [*]Lee So-yeon – Ruby’s Ring [*]Jung Yu-mi – The Queen of Office [*]Han Chae-young – AD Genius, Lee Tae-baek and Bel Ami [*]Hwang Jung-eum – Secret

Rookie (Newcomer) Award :

• IU – Bel Ami and The Best of Lee Soon Shin
  • Kim Da-som (SISTAR) – Melody of Love
  • Im Seu-long (2AM) - Mandate of Heaven
  • Jo Kwon (2AM) - The Queen of Office
  • Lee Joon (MBLAQ) - Iris 2
  • Yoon Do-joon (BEAST) - Iris 2
  • Han Seon-hwa (SECRET) - AD Genius, Lee Tae-baek
  • Kim Hyung-joon - Melody of Love
  • Kim Young-gwang - Good Doctor
  • Park Se-young - Sincerity Moves Heaven
  • Jung Woo - The Best of Lee Soon-shin
  • Jo Jung-suk - The Best of Lee Soon-shin
  • Lee Ji-hoon - The Best of Lee Soon-shin
  • Han Ju-won - King's Family

Updated : 31st December 2013

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"Lee Mi Sook, Shin Hyeon Jun, Joo Sang Wook and SNSD’s Yoona to MC ‘2013 KBS Drama Awards’

The four MCs have been chosen for this year’s KBS Drama Awards

According to KBS, the four MCs, Lee Mi Sook, Shin Hyeon Jun, Joo Sang Wook and Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Yoona, will be representing those in their twenties to the fifties to lead the show suited for the audience in various age groups. 

54066002.jpg

Shin Hyun Joon has experience hosting KBS 2TV’s Entertainment Weekly and various award ceremonies in the past, and also presented an award with Yoona in last year’s KBS Drama Awards

Yoona also acted with Lee Mi Sook as mother and daughter in KBS’s Love Rain.

The 2013 KBS Drama Awards will be broadcasted live on December 31.

Photo credit: Newsen

Source : EnewsWorld

Welcome to KBS Award Camp @MissA and @cassopeia – I think if you look at the past years nomination list, dramas that aired commencing from December month through the following year are eligible to contest.  Moreover, I think it is also a promotional tool to promote the current on-going drama especially in the category of Best Couple – just my opinion. 

Shin Ha-gyun won the Daesang Award in KBS Drama Awards in 2011 for his hit drama, “Brain” which was aired from Nov 14, 2011 to Jan 24, 2012.  It was an on-going project, at the time of his receipt of the award, he was still busy filming the drama.  Well, he truly deserved the award and I think many viewers were rooting for him. The same goes with the drama, “School 2013” which was aired from Dec 3, 2012 to Jan 28, 2013 where Jang Nara won Best Actress for Drama of the Year, Miniseries  and Lee Jong-suk also won “Best Rookie/Newcomer Award” during KBS Drama Awards in 2012.

Having said that, I notice the popular weekend drama, “My Daughter Seo-yeong” – aired from Sept 15, 2012 to March 3, 2013, was at a disadvantage position since they were not nominated in 2013.  The only award they won during KBS Drama Awards 2012 is for Best Couple (Lee Sang-yoon with Lee Bo-young). Maybe, KBS has a cut-off system.  Last year (2012) belongs to “My Husband Got A Family” and anyway, KBS did award Lee Bo-young for her acting in “The Equator Man” for Best Actress in Mid-Length Drama category.  I wonder how KBS judge this year Long-length Series since TBLSS has ended while Wang’s Family is an on-going drama but with much higher rating achievement (please correct me if I am wrong).   

I am also a fan of Joo Sang-wook – love his role character in “Good Doctor”.  He may not clinch the Best Actor award this year (think he is rooting for Joo Won to win a major award) and hopefully, he gets to win the Best Supporting Actor award in a Mid-Length series. I sincerely hope my other favorite actor, Bae Soo-bin (Secret) gets to win too under this category. Pray for this to materialize - hope KBS award two actors for Best Supporting Actor (just like in 2012). I think he has a strong chance of winning under this category – maybe, up against strong contenders like Choi Min-soo (The Blade and Petal) and Lee Bum-soo (Iris 2).  If rating counts, Good Doctor is in a very good position. Anyway, it’s just my own justification.  

@cassopeia - Yoona may walk away with Popularity Award.  

Yeah, that they are trying to promote the drama and increase the ratings could also be a reason why they include Prime Minister and I in this year's award show. I think you got a typo, Shin Ha-gyun won the Daesang Award in KBS Drama Awards in 2011 not 2012. ;D
Many LBY fans wondered what KBS will do with MDSY. It was really successful and LBY got praised for her performance but the drama was already included in the award show for 2012. I think it's a pity that it didn't get nominated this year again. But then I would have worried because she was also really awesome in her SBS drama this year.
I think the ratings do matter so I think the actors/actresses of Secret and Good Doctor will get higher prizes than the ones from Blade and Petal and Iris 2. But honestly, I'm just guessing and trying to figure out what KBS will do.lol
Last year, I had a tough time watching because I didn't know half of the dramas. lol

Thanks @cassopeia for highlighted the typo error.
Totally agree with both of you @MissA and @cassopeia that LBY will shine in SBS Drama Award - just too bad that we won't see the newly married couple in one event.  Ji Sung will most probably attend KBS Drama Award and I believe we will see him on stage not once but at least twice (purely my guess)...hahaha!
BSB deserves an award for his outstanding performance as Ahn Do-hoon and Hwang Jung-eum will definitely win an award too. I am rooting for Joo Won to win one of the highest awards while the Best Couple should not exclude one of the most crazily-in-love couples "Han Ju-wan and Lee Yoon-ji". I wonder how many couples are they going to choose this year. Last year four deserving couples were chosen.   

@Bayu Pratama - KBS nominated ALL the dramas that was aired throughout 2013 (under Miniseries and Mid-Length series category).  AD Genius, Lee Tae-baek was an interesting drama that brought up a lot of heart-felt moral issues of today's society.  It was not entirely focusing on romance but more on the world of challenging advertising skills and the genre and thematic may not be everyone's cup of tea.  
@cedricgordon - So far, there are no reports on who has declined KBS invitation to attend the ceremony unlike SBS and MBC where some of the main actors had since confirmed their non-attendance through the media.  From a post by @cynkdf at BSB's thread (thank you chingu), Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum confirmed their attendance. These two "Secret" actors are guaranteed-winner!
I will update this thread whenever I come across related news on this subject.  

Thank you @rubie for the above video. Yes, it's a compilation of clips of dramas nominated for this year award. 
The following actors confirmed their attendance : 

2013122815402081_1_rstarsjh.jpg

Impressive turn-out....Kim Hye-soo, Ji Sung, Joo Won, Jo Jung-suk, IU, Hwang Jung-eum, Moon Chae-won and Jung Woo. And of course, our charming looking MC, Joo Sang-wook. 
Source of News : NATE

Thanks @Felicia Soh for starting the thread. as for your concern about weekend drama, i'm curious too. Wang Family really did better in rating but YTBLSS is more popular globally. so i think KBS take note about that too. you can see in my siggy i'm still addicted. kekekekeke. judging how KBS desperately catching some of the star to attend the show its understandable coz it will compete with SBS Awards at the same night who have more successful drama this year. i think Lee Bo Young will be in the SBS Awards this year coz MDSY already been nominate last year.

Guest rintintintin

Thanks @Felicia Soh for starting this thread.... I'm with you guys, I can't wait for the 31st to watch this but the problem is, where could i watch through livestream??? Because you know we're busy preparing some stuffs for the New Year's Eve hihihi! So my Secret Society confirmed that they will attend the drama awards but I'm patiently waiting for Kim Nam gil and the rest of Shark's team to attend hahaha! :) I'm so EXCITED this time. 

@FeliciaSoh, many thanks for starting this thread. Thanks to everyone else for updates, thoughts etc. I read somewhere that KBS will only release the list of acting nominations on the day of broadcast, ie 31 December.  Can anyone please confirm if this is true? If so, guess  I'll have to wait patiently for another two days before knowing whether BSB has gotten nominated for an acting award or not.

@FeliciaSoh Thanks for creating this.page. watched some of the dramas in the list and i think Bae Soo Bin should have an award for his portrayal as ADH in Secret. Well, both actors [Ji Sung] deserve to have an award. I like that Joo Sang Wook will be one of the MC. And hoping Kim Nam Gil will attend, too. Will surely watch the awards night. :D

@yoeda, thanks - like you, I have to rely on Google Translate mainly unless some kind soul who understands Korean helps to translate the article. I think that list may be for the Netizens Popularity poll?  Since IU and Jo Jung Suk have confirmed their attendance, that means your fave drama has got two winners at least :)

Archived