[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Ok, just finished episode 15 with CH subs.
I can safely confirm that TH is illiterate.  In the scene where ED, DS, TH, SN and WY were having dinner together, TH tried to show off his 'poetic' skills by reciting a poem for the group, DS made a comment along the lines of 'aren't you illiterate?' and TH did not object to that.  Of course that's unless if he's pretending.

After he barely finished reciting the poem, DS started asking him what it meant, then when he couldn't answer, he just retorted 'I think you're the only one here who doesn't know what it means!'
When TH told WY that he wanted to have a 'choo gok' match, it looked as if WY doesn't even know what that was.  So I'm hoping that TH would win, because it's just silly to have someone who doesn't even know what the game is win over the home team.
Episode 16 Preview (with text preview as well)

ET - Just live like a zombie, and stick around quietly

Jap Chaehae? - There's that a strange piece of literature circulating within the palace
ED - It looks like the world you're hoping for will arrive sooner then expected
TH - How shameless, you were so drunk that night you did something so wrong!
SN - What did I do wrong?
Text preview:After seeing the scroll, ET is outraged and orders that the Goryeo village be searched inside out to find any clues to the blood letter.  WY is treating SN coldly and tells her he doesn't want her to appear before him ever again.
SN is drinking with TH, and passes out...
Credits: Baidu (Korean to Chinese Translations)
第16集
看到上疏而愤怒的燕铁命令将高丽村翻遍找到有关血书的线索。王裕冷酷得对承娘说不要再出现在他面前。

承娘和妥懽一起喝酒,喝着喝着失去了意识…

월화특별기획 [기황후] 16회
방송일자 : 2013년 12월 17일 22시 00분 ~ 23시 15분

상소를 보고 분노한 연철은 고려촌을 뒤져 혈서에 관한 단서를 찾으라 명한다. 왕유는 승냥에게 다시는 자신 앞에 나타나지 말라고 차갑게 말한다.

승냥은 타환과 함께 술을 마시다 정신을 잃는데...

** Last week I translated something as a 'memorial' because that was what I thought it meant.  This week I was clarified that what they meant about 'using' was the scrolls submitted by the Emperor's officials from all over the empire.  These scrolls need to have the Emperor's seal of approval (which ET has been taking over), and contain information as to what's happening in the different areas, and requests for approvals to get certain things done.

Guest roshan90

After reading some comments here, I am changing my views.
Now only I realised that this Kiss will be Sungnyang's First kiss (I know its important in Kdramas) I dont want that to be in drunken mode or a forceful one.
Though I really want to see them kiss I will be patient enough (5 or 7 eps no longer  [-X  ) to wait for you to get both willing participants.  :)

Guest ghollygina22

wang yoo… your tears just killed me.  I never would've believed that a man in tears would be so sexy!  8-> That's it! It's settled.  I LOVE WANG YOO!   :x 

pegster said:

** Last week I translated something as a 'memorial' because that was what I thought it meant.  This week I was clarified that what they meant about 'using' was the scrolls submitted by the Emperor's officials from all over the empire.  These scrolls need to have the Emperor's seal of approval (which ET has been taking over), and contain information as to what's happening in the different areas, and requests for approvals to get certain things done.

Guest JOSIEvang

UGGGGgghhhhhh DXI'm such a WangYoo- SeungNyang shipper but these damn Tahwan-Seungnyang moments are just too damn cute!!!! On top of that I pity him since everyone gots eyes on Wangyoo now, we all know why~bit ugghhhh, I can feel the conversion.... -.- I shall raise my white flag as a neutral for now....

Guest sungieluv

shaym said: tessieroo said: @larabn - That is exactly what I'm annoyed about most today (although I should wait for subs to be sure of what WY is saying to her) But no smiles? No "I missed you" I'm yanking out handfulls of hair. pulling-hair.gif

Guest lightitup

I'm halfway through the newest episode and I'm feeling impatient :/ I don't know if it has to do with watching so many thrill-filled and fast-paced dramas/movies last week that makes me want this show to quickly get on with whatever they are planning to do. There are so many TH-SN filler moments that I'm wondering if their loveline is still insufficiently established. Most viewers GET IT that there is an unrequited love there. It's been there since episode 7, or earlier. I don't think the writers need to keep hammering in the point through imagination scenes and lame/forced reasons for interaction. Honestly, the constant change in tone makes me kinda confused (and I think that is mostly the director's fault).
And one thing I don't understand about the WY-SN relationship (actually, I don't understand many things about the drama and why some plot points had to be there) is his reason for looking for her at the start of the episode. Last episode, he obviously thought SN was the most suitable candidate to help him with the blood letter so he went to find her. And then halfway through their conversation he told her not to get involved and I'm just like HUH?!?! 
Plus I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of action in the palace. There have been few developments for 40 minutes of the episode. No El Temur, no Empress Dowager-Tanashiri bitchfights - just more TH-SN filler moments, a lame excuse (the dinner) to bring all the leads together and a pretty useless football practice which I don't see a point in. The director is obviously just mishmashing several plot points but his poor attempt has the episode all over the place. Sigh I hope there will be more action from here on, or else I'm going to lose steam from catching this show every week like I used to :( 

Guest avocado1430291863

I always luuv...man in bandage in Saeguk.. first is Jumong, than Seo Dong Yo..and here uri Baby Emperor...Wuuutss....I love his purple soccer outfit too...
Omo...droolling all over the place.. can I borrow your handkerchief cheona....:x