[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Kudos to who mentioned in earlier posts that SN pulse was the one doctor and read Lady Pak was not pregos. You get the psychic award. I'm hooked on empress Ki so much that I watch the entires episode no subs and just try to gauge what's happening. Today, I felt sad after episode for El Temur children to have to grow up with a father like that. They reap the rewards of his ruthlessness but also suffer for it. TH and SN have an attraction it's just not so easy for SN because he betrayed her. I gotta say though WY was sizzlin and TH was bacon...therefore move over bacon here comes sizzlin...lol..lol. Waiting for English subtitles to get full scope ..more to say when I grasp the whole plot hehehe

Here is The most-searched characters of Empress KI (source : naver)

10 : Tanasili (+10)
11 : Wang Go (+787) yeah you're reading right hehehe
12 : Wang Yoo (+20)
15 : Batolu (+27)
22 : Seung Nyang (+21)
26 : Lady Pak (+42)
27 : Our Baby Emperor (+30)

All characters in the top are from Reply 1994 and Heirs 8-> [-(

OMG! Huizong looks absolutely swoonworthy. When did he become so confident?  He oozes determination and regal grandeur. Previously, he’d been always so insecure, afraid or cocky in front of WY but now he is truly a sovereign in his own right and I don’t mean the imperial title but the confidence and wisdom he’s gained through his experience and tough decisions. This golden-white robe is my personal favourite and I could watch him wear it the remaing 37 episodes.
(Bigger version without the watermark)tumblr_mxl5fiBei11s8t96qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mxl5fiBei11s8t96qo2_1280.jpgtumblr_mxl5fiBei11s8t96qo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxl5fiBei11s8t96qo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mxl5fiBei11s8t96qo4_1280.jpg

source: baidu forums

What I like about TH so much is that he might have already realized that his "betrayal" involving SN's father might have already cost him any hope of future romantic love between them or maybe her love has never been his to begin with considering her abrupt feelings towards WY (I don't think he ever stood a chance because WHO CAN COMPETE WITH DREAMS  ANYWAY  8-| ?!) . 
TH knows her affection and loyalty lies with WY but he doesn't let himself be discouraged by it; he faces every of her rejections but still comes  back making innocent advances and thoughful gestures which SN unfortunately sees as irritating or childish clearly being blinded by her bias and prejudices against him. TH has been protecting SN in his own ways since he met her in the palace and no one can argue they are worse that WY's, While WY's always used his physical strength and sword to protect SN, TH uses far more sophisticated ways (and the ones that can actually protect her in the Yuan imperial court) - his brains, tricks, spies and undercover guards - he isn't afraid to destroy DN's freeing orders in order to protect SN even though he knows she will hate him for it. and that is what makes him so worthy of SN - those selfless gestures, genuine interest, love and affection despite being at disadvantage. I just love the way he's been protecting, wooing and courting SN the whole time and if she can't see how utterly head-over-heels in love with her he is and can't appreciate his honesty then PLEASE, SN, PUT HIM INTO TIME MACHINE AND SEND HIM TO ME >:D< !!!tumblr_mxj9e9DhCP1s8t96qo4_1280.jpg

Guest lightitup

By the end of episode 13, I only had one thought: SN SPEAKS! Seriously, her meagre lines equating to almost silence for the past few episodes drove me crazy. I even wondered if HJW made the correct decision to take on this drama, only to keep serving tea and acting with her eyes. But thank goodness, she was kind of back in action in this episode.

Wasn't exactly hooked to this episode. I can see the writer's rushed efforts to tie everything up so that the love triangle can be set in place by the next episode. I couldn't help thinking that it was quite sudden. Like at the start of the episode, it was quite clear than SN was still adamant about hating TH. She was speaking to him in this venomous tone, which is pretty much her tone in every conversation she had with TH ever since she entered the palace. But suddenly she became docile, quiescent and could I say, resigned? Even when she was asking for TH to release her from the palace, she sounded more tired than determined. Not her usual self. Especially considering what he did to her, getting rid of the only way she could find freedom. And that smile, I loved, from a fan's point of view. But objectively it felt out of character. Shouldn't she be harbouring even more dislike for him? I know I would. And also the part where she couldn't even hear the assassin who was literally 3 steps behind her? She was a warrior of 13 years, lordy.

Anyway I don't think TH would rape her. He probably pushed her onto the bed out of spite or jealousy. But the intention itself kind of makes me squeamish. Currently I believe the writer is going for the TH + SN = unrequited love and WY + SN = mutual love angle, whether you believe either or not. It's very obvious TH has a one-sided love for SN, but I get why it's difficult to believe how SN could fall for either man at this point with all their messed up circumstances. I think that's the point of the upcoming episodes - to further develop each love triangle and make her unable to decide haha. And sigh, I certainly don't think we can see a WY-SN reunion tonight. It'd probably end as a cliffhanger urgh.

P.S. Can anyone enlighten me why TH wanted to search SN? Did he know that she was involved in TN's plot? He clearly knew there was something on her to prove it but I wonder how he knew. Did they mention it or maybe I missed it? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Guest sogongx3

WY-TH face-off? Don't know what I feel about it. TH does look confident and it reminds me the time the three of them drank together in Koryeo and TH told SN to come with him to Yuan. It seems like TH is confident with everything that relates to SN.

Btw someone asked here what TH said in the preview when he was on top of SN. I watched darksmurfs sub although it's not complete yet, but his words were; Would you push me away If I was Wang Yoo?

So I am guessing SN was probably preparing for the date with WY and TH got drunk cause he was jealous. He probably confronted her and she told him to leave her alone or something like that.

Well I guess we'll know when we watch ep 14.

Guest smoochysparks

I pity both TN & Dangkise. They're so unfortunate to have a tyrant father who taught them things differently thus turning them into someone who express and look at love in a very odd way. And always reminded not to show their emotions and weaknesses infront of other people. No parent would teach his kids to suppress their emotions. That is just so wrong :( #AFFECTEDMUCHMODE@4:07AM lol