[Drama 2013] Unemployed Romance 실업급여 로맨스

Guest aok

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drama isn't just slow.  And, I'm very tolerant of 'slow' in a drama when it is deliberate by writer to make a point. 

But, this drama isn't just slow, it is plodding because the writer doesn't have enough material to fill up each one-hour episode.  In every episode, note the amount of time spent on flashbacks.  That's to fill up the episode because they don't have anything to filmed.  And, since they don't have to film as many new scenes, the production is making more profit from the advertising revenue.

Frankly, I think this production is cheating the audience and the advertisers.   :P

At this point, I hope she goes back to the ex.  They deserved each other.  And, the lawyer guy deserves someone better . . . and quicker on the up-take.  :))

BTW, we shouldn't really be surprised at the speed of progress in this drama.  After all, it was a 10 year romance that went nowhere.  :))

@stuartjmz @drama314 and anyone else who has actually sat through the previous 9 episodes of this completely lacking show.... I hang my head in sorrow at the unforgivable waste of time this experience has been. I mean it's got Nam Goong Min (!) ..... he's awesome and the female lead is cute as a button and the 2nd male lead has a quiet charisma....how could all three of these things be put together and form such a solid block of suckery?   
It's like the writer wrote 50 sticky note ideas for a plot/character development, placed them on a wall ...then took 10 darts -- flung them at the wall -- whatever they hit was made into an episode. I. just. can't. anymore. 
I'll check this forum when it's over to see if anyone else managed to sit through the final ~Good Luck and Godspeed ~

Guest serenity003

Just one episode to go and actually what happened? I already accepted the slow pace but what's with the writer seriously, is he/she soon to be unemployed? Why make ,I assume base on the preview, SH pregnant from a "mistake" like seriously in the last episode, not is all develop and all the writer needs to do is wrap it up and not introduce another problem....  
I think I will have trauma with writer heroins, first this and then MHIYD......It's like a reflection of the writer :-q

Whatever it is.. I am just going to stick with this drama till the last episode.  I feel bad for the goody doctor as I am rooting for the  JD/SHcouple to be back together.  They are too cute and innocent to not be together.  There are other reasons too that they are meant for each other.

Watched the preview and I almost want to bang my head on the wall..Isn't that going to be the last episode??  Sigh.... This is another writer that needs to take a long break and do a good reflection on herself.  AISH!!!

Guest serenity003

1shye said:

Whatever it is.. I am just going to stick with this drama till the last episode.  I feel bad for the goody doctor as I am rooting for the  JD/SHcouple to be back together.  They are too cute and innocent to not be together.  There are other reasons too that they are meant for each other.

Watched the preview and I almost want to bang my head on the wall..Isn't that going to be the last episode??  Sigh.... This is another writer that needs to take a long break and do a good reflection on herself.  AISH!!!

sally_b said: @stuartjmz @drama314 and anyone else who has actually sat through the previous 9 episodes of this completely lacking show.... I hang my head in sorrow at the unforgivable waste of time this experience has been. I mean it's got Nam Goong Min (!) ..... he's awesome and the female lead is cute as a button and the 2nd male lead has a quiet charisma....how could all three of these things be put together and form such a solid block of suckery?   
It's like the writer wrote 50 sticky note ideas for a plot/character development, placed them on a wall ...then took 10 darts -- flung them at the wall -- whatever they hit was made into an episode. I. just. can't. anymore. 
I'll check this forum when it's over to see if anyone else managed to sit through the final ~Good Luck and Godspeed ~

Naturally, we're all going to catch the last episode. 

And, the reason being:
. . . out of morbid curiosity! =))
. . . the obsession to finish whatever we've started. 8-|
. . . a glutton for punishment. 8-}
. . . so we know what to snark and laugh about. :))
(Pick one or more.)

Perhaps, this drama was just a training course/practicum for the actors.  =))

I wasn't planning to continue watching this till the whole series was subbed but, lo and behold, somehow my hand clicked and before i knew it i'm updated till episode 9! @-)

What can i say, despite the ewww way Wan Ha officially declared his interest in Seung Hee in Ep3, i'm still rooting for Seung Hee-Wan Ha. Yes it's hopeless. i'm hopeless. But i still want them together. (I'm  kinda wishing Unemployed Romance was a one of those gazillion Choose Your Own Adventure books :P )

Bad girl Seung Hee, you're going to return his ring and break his heart aren't you? :((

Okay, i get that they have unfinished business, misunderstandings and all about who broke up with whom. That rice cooker scene almost softened me up towards Jong Dae, add to this his family situation. But i still cannot forget that what officially ticked me off of Jong Dae was his request to break up after exam thing. Jerk! :@). I just want them to clear up their misunderstandings then move on - separately.

The preview for episode 10  =((  :-O Noooo!!!!

All I can say from episode 9 and the preview is WTF???????? Wan Ha is so good to Seun Hee!!! The preview shows that he is willing to still want to be with Seun Hee even knowing she cheated on him. Oh Kdramas why do you always make the good guy suffer???
 Episode 10 looks interesting. Does anyone know if there were two writers for this show? One for Seung Hee Present day and then the other is for Jong  Dae past time? Seriously the present time scenes are so much more interesting than all the backstory they had on Jong Dae's getting over Seung Hee for 3  episodes!  
Another drama that started great then just kinda lost it for me. 

Archived