[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

leaaaaa said: Actually, I'm not surprised about TH's actions and lie. Since ep 2, we didn't see him act in a way which would show us that he is not an easily scared spineless coward. I doubt that he pretended that. He just pretended to be dumb and stupid. His other behavior was all his true self. Hence, he wouldn't have dared to help SN in a moment where it could end up bad for him. At the moment he is just too scared for his own position and life which is for him more important than doing the 'right' thing. 
I personally think that he will redeem himself in SN's eyes by finally growing up and acting like a 'real man' and not like a puppet/coward. Only in that way he can, at least, hope for her forgiveness and probably her friendship. If not, lol I bet she will kill him in the last ep after she got executed every single member of Yeon-Chul family...
SN looks very pretty in the next episode...but ugh unfortunately we won't enjoy that because of the rotten yuan guy (dunno his name). :-&

I don't know about anyone else.  But, I'm fascinated by the hair on those two brother-killing dudes.  I paused the video just to scrutinize it. 

I wish I could get a 360 degree head shot to really see what the entire head looks like.  :)) 8-|

LOL I guess their hair is distracting enough for you. I keep on thinking they are in need of a dirt nap. Maybe I should focus on his hair when he tries to attack SN.

Guest niknokdagu425

Ads by LyricsPartyAd Options

Home | Rewards News | Blog | RSS Most wanted | Updates Movies & dramas Search | Shuffle Box Office | Reviews Actresses & actors People search | Shuffle Korean companies Pictures | Quiz Videos | Episodes DVDs & more Community me.HanCinema.net Links
New episodes|Watch dramas here or onWatch Korean dramas on Dramafever

previous_news.pngBack

"Empress Qi" breaks record

Source | 2013/11/12 | 104 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

Share on reddit Repost This

photo370873.jpg

"Empress Qi" sat on the throne of Monday and Tuesday while it also set a record.

According to Nielsen Korea, MBC drama "Empress Qi" rated 16.3% which is 1.8% higher than the previous score.

Yeom Byeong-soo (Jeong Woong-in) faced Ki Seung-nyang (Ha Ji-won) who was cornered by Ta-hwan's (Ji Chang-wook) betrayal.

Wang-yoo (Joo Jin-mo) was also taken to the Yuan Dynasty with the court ladies.

Meanwhile, SBS drama "Suspicious Housekeeper" and KBS 2TV "Marry Him If You Dare" rated 9.4% and 5.4% respectively.

Source : www.segye.com/content...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Episode 6 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen:  Nationwide 16.3% (4th; +1.8%) / Seoul 18.7% (3rd; +2.6%)  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
TNmS:  Nationwide 14.6% (4th; +.6%) / Seoul 18.6% (4th; +1.2%)

Again Number One in its time slot!!!   Ta Hwan better be nice to Sung Nyang now!

vlcsnap-00026_zpsf6399234.jpg

Guest Geumchi

Episode 5 is HOT!! That "sharing body heat" part is my most favorite scene so far... kekeke.. the dark side of me hoping to have more hot scenes like this in the future... I think it's going to be hard for me to watch episode 6 so I'll probably pass and wait until the 20th to start watching again.
I want to watch this drama w/o shipping anyone because I don't want to feel disappointed in the end, but it is hard for me to resist the emperor's charm and chemistry to SN so I end up cheering for TH/SN couple..  It's hard for me because the writers seems to be following story line to the novel they've released,

In the novel someone will try to rape SN but WY is going to save her. If it does happen in drama too then there's a huge possibility that the writers is really going to follow what they written to the novel. 
1. SN will have a baby with WY.2. She'll become a maid to Consort Park (TH's concubine).3. Consort Park will be killed and she'll have her revenge by becoming an Empress.4. Her son with WY will appear again and the whole commotion will happen to Yuan (like it never happened.. lol)
The only difference so far in the novel and drama is that SN met TH first. Then, she met WY after TH betrayed her and she was exposed as a girl.  

Same here.. I ended up pressing the repeat button of epi.7 preview.. The 3 leads character is addictive and i find SN very pretty for the next episode.. Can't wait for next week.. So, probably it's time for the minority group moments LOL =)) Good thing that the ratings keeps in soaring high.... More success for EK woooh :D

Guest niknokdagu425

OH MY!!!!! Father and daughter scene made me teary, how can Seungyang forgive Ta hwan for his betrayal i dont think it would be that easy ,rage and revenge would ease it as she will plan to do it .its a shipwreck for my SN and TH couple :(:(:(( :((

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, so I'm just am slow on the episodes, lol, and I'm sorry if this is a repost, but oh my~ I went to dig out history at Wikipedia and it showed these and I'm not sure how the drama will depict history later, but gosh, it looked like none of the characters written in this drama is innocent? Everyone has their ambitions? So it will be very interesting later, no? I wonder how it will turn out to be like. Is Joo Jin Mo's character that scary in history? Will his character like that? Because it said his character in real life raped, abducted, and killed women.

In popular culture

Portrayed by Joo Jin-mo in 2013 television series Empress Ki.

Chunghye of Goryeo (22 February 1315 - 30 January 1344, r. 1330–1331, 1340–1344) was the 28th king of the Goryeo dynasty of Korea. He was remembered in the Goryeosa for his licentious lifestyle, particularly his habit of abducting, raping, and killing women. Chunghye was the son of King Chungsuk and Queen Myeongdeok, a Hong. He is sometimes known by his Mongolian name, which is rendered in hanja as Botapsilli.

Chunghye travelled to Yuan Dynasty China in 1328. In 1330, then-king Chungsuk petitioned to abdicate the throne, and the emperor sent Chunghye back to Goryeo to assume the throne. But in the following year, Chungsuk returned to the throne and Chunghye returned to China. In 1339, Chungsuk died. One faction supported the noble Wang Go's claim to the throne, but their attempted coup failed and Chunghye's reign was restored.

Chunghye's queen was Princess Deongnyeong, who gave birth to Chungmok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunghye_of_Goryeo

-----

Qi Empress

Qi Empress (奇皇后; Mongolian: Öljei Khutugh Өлзий хутуг (完者忽都), Korean: 기황후) (1315–1369/70) was one of empresses of Toghun Temür Khan of the Yuan Dynasty and the mother of Ayushiridar.

Öljei Khutugh was born to Gi Ja-o (奇子敖) in Haengju (幸州), Goryeo Korea. She had an elder brother named Gi Cheol (奇轍). She became a concubine of Toghun Temür and mothered Ayurshiridar. After the primary empress Danashri was overthrown in 1340[citation needed] because of the rebellion by her brother Tanggisi, Toghun Temür tried to install Öljei Khutugh as the empress. However Bayan, who held real power, opposed it. When Bayan was purged, Öljei Khutugh became the secondary empress in 1340 (the primary one was Bayan Khutugh of the Khunggirad clan). Her son Ayurshiridar was designated Crown Prince in 1353. Using her Korean eunuch Bak Bulhwa (朴不花) as her agent, she began a campaign to force the emperor to pass the imperial throne to her son Ayurshiridar. However her intentions became known to the emperor and he grew apart from her.

Depending on Öljei Khutugh's position in the imperial capital her brother Gi Cheol (Bayan Bukha) came to threaten the position of the king of Goryeo which was a client state of the Mongols. King Gongmin exterminated the Gi family in a coup in 1356. Upon this incident in her homeland Öljei Khutugh chose Tash Temür as the new king of Goryeo and dispatched troops to Korea. The Mongol troops were defeated by Goryeo army in crossing the Yalu River.

Within the Mongol capital an internal strife was fought between supporters and opponents of the Crown Prince. An opposition leader Bolud Temür finally occupied the capital in 1364. Ayurshiridar fled to Köke Temür who supported him but Öljei Khutugh was imprisoned by Bolud Temür. Bolud Temür was overthrown by Köke Temür the next year. Once again, she tried to install her son as the Khan, with the support of Köke Temür, but in vain. After Bayan Khutugh died, Öljei Khutugh was elevated to the primary empress.

The collapse of the Mongol rule of China in 1368 forced her to flee to Yingchang (應昌). In 1370 Toghun Temür Khan died and Ayurshiridar ascended to the throne there. She became Empress Dowager, but soon after that went missing.

Portrayed by Ha Ji-won in 2013 television series Empress Ki.

----------

Togon-temür

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Ukhaatu Khan)
Jump to: navigation, search
Togon-temür
Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty

Togon-temür (Mongolian Cyrillic: Тогоонтөмөр, Togoontömör, Togoontumur), also known as Ukhaantu Khan (Mongolian: Ухаант хаан, Uhaγantu haγan), or Emperor Huizong of Yuan (Chinese: 元惠宗, 25 May 1320 – 23 May 1370), was a son of Kuśala who ruled as Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty, and is considered the last Khagan of the Mongol Empire.[2][3][4] During the last years of his reign, the Mongols lost effective control over China to the Ming Dynasty. He was a Buddhist student of Karmapas and is considered a previous incarnation of Tai Situpa. His name means "smart/bright Khan" in the Mongolian language.

And a long list of things about of Emperor Huizong of Yuan can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukhaatu_Khan

@sunshine4ever Since WY is supposed to be the hero, I doubt they'll portray him as a rapist lol Gosh that King sounds like a winner.

Anyway, the writers chickened out and wrote JJM's character as a

fictional king. The only part that interested me is about his Queen lol I still wonder if they'll keep that on the show or make him a "one woman" King lol

Guest Julie Ha

aeterna009 said: Episode 5 is HOT!! That "sharing body heat" part is my most favorite scene so far... kekeke.. the dark side of me hoping to have more hot scenes like this in the future... I think it's going to be hard for me to watch episode 6 so I'll probably pass and wait until the 20th to start watching again.
I want to watch this drama w/o shipping anyone because I don't want to feel disappointed in the end, but it is hard for me to resist the emperor's charm and chemistry to SN so I end up cheering for TH/SN couple..  It's hard for me because the writers seems to be following story line to the novel they've released,

In the novel someone will try to rape SN but WY is going to save her. If it does happen in drama too then there's a huge possibility that the writers is really going to follow what they written to the novel. 
1. SN will have a baby with WY.2. She'll become a maid to Consort Park (TH's concubine).3. Consort Park will be killed and she'll have her revenge by becoming an Empress.4. Her son with WY will appear again and the whole commotion will happen to Yuan (like it never happened.. lol)
The only difference so far in the novel and drama is that SN met TH first. Then, she met WY after TH betrayed her and she was exposed as a girl.  

leaaaaa said: Actually, I'm not surprised about TH's actions and lie. Since ep 2, we didn't see him act in a way which would show us that he is not an easily scared spineless coward. I doubt that he pretended that. He just pretended to be dumb and stupid. His other behavior was all his true self. Hence, he wouldn't have dared to help SN in a moment where it could end up bad for him. At the moment he is just too scared for his own position and life which is for him more important than doing the 'right' thing. 
I personally think that he will redeem himself in SN's eyes by finally growing up and acting like a 'real man' and not like a puppet/coward. Only in that way he can, at least, hope for her forgiveness and probably her friendship. If not, lol I bet she will kill him in the last ep after she got executed every single member of Yeon-Chul family...
SN looks very pretty in the next episode...but ugh unfortunately we won't enjoy that because of the rotten yuan guy (dunno his name). :-&

Guest neoh yee yik

well..this drama is very addicting..yea cn feel the strong chemistry between TH and SN..however i guess thts the end of their chemistry as after the betrayal of TH causing the death of SN's dad..all SN will b felt is onLY hatred and hatred...well mayb thats the moment we will c moment chemistry btw SN and WY..well...in this drama i really worship TH and SN...However i cant accept his cowardness that betray SN..yea we do knw he is alwiz living like hell dunno when he will b murdered by someone..but still after so many hardship he n SN go thrOUGH.how could he ever did that, no matter what his reason..tats why in terms of character..i really like WY who is strong and smart and righteouswell back to yuan..yea..TH bcome emperor..well from wat the description character given by thetalkingcupboard..it seem the Danashiri will kill Concubine Park who is being pregnant ..well i know emperor will usually have hundreds or thousands of concubines (the usual hong kong classic drama)which is logic if he will made few of the  concubines pregnant..but if this story TH really have intimate relationship with other concubines..well tats the differ in WY situation..though in this drama they really made WY 'one woman king' which i will greatly support him then.haah juz like the character potray by Kim soo hyun  in'when the sun embraces the moon'thats why if TH cn hAve baby with concubine park..so i guess i x mind if SN have child with WY b4 she married to TH...

class="cb b15"‘Empress Ki’ Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook Blossoming Romance … Nervousness

‘Empress Ki’ Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook Blossoming Romance

"Empress Ki" Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook started their romance as they were chased down from the Mongol Army.

On the episode of MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" aired on November 11th, Ki Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won) was running away with Ta Hwan (played by Ji Chang Wook).  On this episode, the two people had to escape the strategies of Wang Go (played by Lee Jae Yong).  The scene portrayed Ki Seung Nyang who was sacrificing her life to protect Ta Hwan for Koreo's security.

Like Us on Facebook

Especially on this day, Ha Ji Won didn't spare her body to save Ta Hwan in the role of Ki Seung Nyang and while Ta Hwan was falling off the cliff, she would take off her top and try to keep him warm with her warmth as this was a touching scene.  Ta Hwan also saw Ki Seung Nyang trying to work hard to save him and felt strangetly towards her as a romance between the two was foreshadowed.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

Guest carinadesu

I still haven't seen ep5 and 6!!!! :(( :(( :((

I am only relying on gooddrama for eps because of eng subs and i have been refreshing for hours now hoping ep5 is ready. :(( :((

I have seen so many spoilers of photos of jcw and hjw, my shipper heart is beating so fast its gonna burst HELP haha i can't wait for the ep5and6!!!!! [-O< [-O<