[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

The first meeting of my doomed OTP Ki Seungnyang and Ta Hwan!!!

tumblr_mvfh2veFBY1s8t96qo4_500.png

Their chemistry is insane and JCW appears like he can burn holes into HJW with his intense stare!

I know I’m delusional with all the spoilers about Wang Yoo being Ki’s love of her life and that child they are supposed to have (rolleye) together but she and Huizong were real and while they might not be popular in Korea due to their aggressive tactics towards Goryeo they must have shared some affection, care and respect for each other, considering Huizong chose Ki and made made her his Empress a foreigner with inferior background sent to Yuan as a deaming tribute instead of all the noblewomen of Yuan. You don’t risk the dissatisfaction of your retainers and the whole country, basically risking a civil war for a woman who you don’t love or she doesn’t share your sentiments.tumblr_mvfh2veFBY1s8t96qo1_1280.png

And Ta Hwan’s character description gave me hope:

Emperor of Yuan. He was the 1st son of previous emperor of Yuan. Though he was crown- prince of Yuan, because of political reason, he was once banished to far-island of Goryo.There, he met Ki.

As he was afraid that he will be killed like the previous emperor with political reason, he disguised himself as a fool. During his hard days, his life was saved many times by Ki.

[size=2]

Several years later, he came back to Yuan as the emperor. Then, he found out that Ki was forced to be a maid in Yuan. Their relation developed to love.

[/size]

With Ki’s assistance, he recovered his dignity as an emperor.

• Like 1

Guest pandora460

thanks @missellysetta. i found it at D-addicts but would try her twitter, that should be easier. I just wonder why she isnt posting it here. no drama thread is complete without semifly.  ;)

Guest doanlan

pandora460 said: thanks @missellysetta. i found it at D-addicts but would try her twitter, that should be easier. I just wonder why she isnt posting it here. no drama thread is complete without semifly.  ;)

That's it?  Hm... kind of a weak episode mostly spent on political plottings and stuff.  I will go back in a bit to clean up some of the character names that we're coming to mind so readily.  But JI CHANG-WOOK wae you look so good as a petulant little brat, ne?  I can now see the character development where he's playing the fool in order to stay alive.  But let's see how the ratings pan out in a few hours!

I'm offline moving more house items until then.  See you guys later!

EDIT:  Here's my boy!!! :X

201310292300776058_526fc02508941_zps41ab

20131029001699_0_zpsb563d3da.jpg
BXwIpoBCAAEWYRu_zpsdec0ef05.jpg

chrissydiva said: So the directing wasn't bad? LOL For the subs I don't know. MBC does sometimes take long to give license, but sometimes they do not give it because they have MBC America on Hulu. I know Viki didn't get the license for Horse Doctor so I watched it on Hulu. I try to remember how long it takes them.

episodes like this one are bound to happen to build up the story and develop the plot, we can't possibly have 50 episodes of battles and action. now the key element is to find a balance between the fast paced sequences and the slower ones so that the drama isn't a mess (too much happening to the point you don't understand what's going on anymore) or boring

edit: is MBC doing the subs confirmed? and how much time do we have to wait until the subbed episodes are available?