[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Why are Korean angry with MBC Empress Ki?

Read up on the history of Empress Ki, and I can sort of see why the Koreans are so angry about MBC airing this drama.

First part of her life: young girl gets sent to China as palace maid and emperor falls in love with her. Pretty much kdrama material

But once she became empress, she and her family become power-hungry and exploit the people of Goryeo. So Koreans are angry

Thanks to @daegorr twitter

With that little that i have seen on the teasers seems a completely different story. Onion Head Emoticons 96

Why are Korean angry with MBC Empress Ki?

Read up on the history of Empress Ki, and I can sort of see why the Koreans are so angry about MBC airing this drama.

First part of her life: young girl gets sent to China as palace maid and

emperor falls in love with her. Pretty much kdrama material

But once she became empress, she and her family become power-hungry and exploit the people of Goryeo. So Koreans are angry

Well, I hope the twitter owner doesn't represent the whole korean audience. Nevertheless, the cast and production are awesome for taking this project, which is quite different from the sageuk kdramas we always see on tv.

I remember watching queen seon duk and I was actually more drawn to the character of lady mi shil, the villain of that drama.

pieracapozucca said: Why are Korean angry with MBC Empress Ki?

First part of her life: young girl gets sent to China as palace maid and emperor falls in love with her. Pretty much kdrama material

With that little that i have seen on the teasers seems a completely different story. Onion Head Emoticons 96

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[Engsub by JiWonderland]EmpressKi's Offical Teaser 2 HD (46s)

Guest pandora460

Waaaaah pics and news galore increasing our anticipation level for the drama. I, too, have misgivings abt watching a sageuk at 50 eps at that! But since its a Hajiwon drama im in for the long haul. But i was pleasantly surprised to see 2 gorgeous hunks as male leads. The trailers were pretty interesting too so i am sooo excited now for the premiere on Oct 28. EMPRESS KI FIGHTING!

BTS Filming 19 October 2013:  Our Emperor must be on a mission for him to walk so fast! :X

BW8cCd0CEAAqa89jpg_large_zpse0cf4fc9.jpg  BW8bp4iCQAENhvwjpg_large_zps2d62bbc8.jpg
(credit: as posted)

And another from Suki-chan -- arigatou gozaimashita!!!

BW9J_UHCIAAT1pujpg_large_zpsa1c9994a.jpg
PLUS video from Beijing's version of Entertainment Weekly 18 October 2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvS1cj6pGo&feature=share&list=FLBSZFncLHmb8tuXVJtjuC4A